Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:29 AM

Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans (3382 Views)

Bishop Kukah Dances To 'Buga’ Song At His 70th Birthday Celebration (Pix, Video) / Dr. Becky Enenche's Birthday Celebration At Dunamis (Photos) / Paul Enenche 50th Birthday Celebration: More Photos Of Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Anyim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Originakalokalo(m): 6:06pm On Nov 08, 2018
jesusjnr:
Thanks for your concern but don't worry about me for I'm in a perfect place. I'd already taken cognizance of you from the very moment you posted on my thread regarding Satan agents on this section, for you were the second of the first two other posts there and though I responded to the first, I ignored yours.

And do you know why? Because I was not here for mediocre stuff but things that were spiritually deep.

For even though I had initially thought about responding to a valid point you made about how such ones just invade the place to distract from spiritually relevant posts, the other things like prayer, fire, this that, I wanted to let you know you needed a spiritual upgrade from the level you are if you want to be challenging Satan as I do, for it's not just by shouting Holy Ghost fire at any opportunity!

Jesus gave Satan the greatest defeat he's ever faced from any man, and Jesus wasn't shouting Holy Ghost fire all over the place, but he did it by obedience and praying the right way.

So my brother for your own good go and learn how to pray first from Jesus amongst other things, before you think that you have arrived and can now challenge Satan!

So I'm not at all surprised that you disagree with me concerning my position on birthday celebrations, for it takes a very high level of spirituality to be able to discern these things.

So my friend enjoy your birthday celebrations as you have purposed to, for this is just an advice and not by force, as you can see by the post that came immediately after yours!

Your Points are Noted.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 4:25am On Nov 09, 2018
LUKE 21:34(KJV)

"And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth."-Jesus
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 10, 2018
MATTHEW 24:37-39

"But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."-Jesus
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2018
The greatest ever natural disaster in human history and since God's creation of the Earth in the beginning - The flood in the days of Noah!

The greatest disaster in living history - The Asian Tsunami on boxing day, 26th of 2004!

Jesus said:

"But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." Mt 24:37-39(KJV).

Now am I the one that's been able to draw comparisons with what had transpired in the days of Noah, to that of the Asian tsunami which took place on the 26th of Dec, 2004?

For Jesus had said as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it also been at the end of the world, and with reference to how they were in a celebratory mood before the flood came in the days of Noah!

For the Asian tsunami took place at peak of the celebration of Christmas which is the boxing day of 2004, for despite that it wasn't on the day of Christmas itself, the boxing day is known to be the day when the celebrations of Christmas hits it his highest point, even higher than the Christmas day itself.

So could it be that it was meant to be a warning to humanity with respect to what Jesus said the end time would be like, as it was similar to what took place in the days of Noah of which Jesus said, "as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be"?

And does it also tell us what Jesus makes of the celebration of His birthday by the church, and also the world, for if it was such a big deal to Him, He would not have permitted such a disaster to befall those who were celebrating it?

The record numbers of the victims of the Asian tsunami, would have been much less had it taken place on a normal day with little or no such celebration.

It's an event that shook the bery foundations of the world, both literally and emotionally, and forget the excuse of global warming with respect to the flood that took place in the days of Noah amongst others, for whenever such an historic takes place on the Earth, it is never by coincidence.

Therefore be ye warned!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Perfectbeing(m): 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2018
OneJ:

1) Give him scriptural proof that birthday celebration was practiced by pre- Christian men of faith or first century Christians. Did your Bible say birthday celebration was practiced by Christians ?
Your noise making takes U nowhere....

2) The real issue at stake is : Was birthday celebration a practice of pre-christian men of faith/ first Christian practice ?

3) Starting from Abel to John the Baptizer, then from Christ to the end of the first century CE, did all these men of faith forget to celebrate their birthdays by coincidence?

4) What fellowship does light have with darkness? 2 Cor 6:14-18.
Matter wey your Bible no give U even one Christian example to follow, but pagan example dey, na the way wey pagans they do their worship U go copy ?

Days of the week and months of the year all have pagan origins... We as Christians should burn all our calendars. After all, what has light got to do with darkness..

1 Like

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Perfectbeing(m): 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2018
OneJ:

1) The info as to the origin of birthdays celebration is in the public domain.
U are just grasping at straws ,very mumuish attitude.
U no dey shame U dey quote Matt15:9. Lol. U are very dishonest & shamelessly so.
Your fellow birthday peddler dey tell U say birthdays na pagan custom, ,yet your arrogance & lie lie dey show face.

U dey follow the doctrine & command of men who fixed a date for Christ's birthday( "in the hopes of recruiting those already celebrating the Roman holiday of saturnalia"wink to endorse your own. Matt 15:9 nab U for hand & leg.

2) "It is not what early Christians believed that matters but what the Bible teaches... Some early Christians were heretics.".
Yet, your Bible no teach U say birthday is Christian practice.
U no go fit mention ONLY one scripture where your Bible speak well of birthdays. Or give example of a man of faith or any first century Christian who celebrated it.

3). Only half baked Christians look for concise, clear cut injunctions on every matter.
The Christ like principle is shun birthdays. Christ did, his followers did. Men of faith did. The Scriptural principles already well established for Christians speak against birthday celebrations (Genesis 40:20. Matt14:1-12. Galatians 4:8-11. 2 Cor 6:14-18.
(BTW,John was beheaded simply for speaking the truth, not because of Herod's birthday).

4) Yahweh never condemned the use of ornaments. Your submission lacks substance.

Just one verse of the bible that's against birthday celebration and you're writing all these... Even if its

1 Like

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Perfectbeing(m): 3:52pm On Nov 11, 2018
OneJ:

Pls do research on the origin of birthdays celebration & understand what it really is...

Do research on the origins of the days of the week and the months of the year. Then tell me why Christians like you don't discard it's use... Hypocites...
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Perfectbeing(m): 4:05pm On Nov 11, 2018
jesusjnr:
The greatest ever natural disaster in human history and since God's creation of the Earth in the beginning - The flood in the days of Noah!

The greatest disaster in living history - The Asian Tsunami on boxing day, 26th of 2004!

Jesus said:

"But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." Mt 24:37-39(KJV).

Now am I the one that's been able to draw comparisons with what had transpired in the days of Noah, to that of the Asian tsunami which took place on the 26th of Dec, 2004?

For Jesus had said as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it also been at the end of the world, and with reference to how they were in a celebratory mood before the flood came in the days of Noah!

For the Asian tsunami took place at peak of the celebration of Christmas which is the boxing day of 2004, for despite that it wasn't on the day of Christmas itself, the boxing day is known to be the day when the celebrations of Christmas hits it his highest point, even higher than the Christmas day itself.

So could it be that it was meant to be a warning to humanity with respect to what Jesus said the end time would be like, as it was similar to what took place in the days of Noah of which Jesus said, "as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be"?

And does it also tell us what Jesus makes of the celebration of His birthday by the church, and also the world, for if it was such a big deal to Him, He would not have permitted such a disaster to befall those who were celebrating it?

The record numbers of the victims of the Asian tsunami, would have been much less had it taken place on a normal day with little or no such celebration.

It's an event that shook the bery foundations of the world, both literally and emotionally, and forget the excuse of global warming with respect to the flood that took place in the days of Noah amongst others, for whenever such an historic takes place on the Earth, it is never by coincidence.

Therefore be ye warned!
What about those disasters that happened on normal days. What were they warning us against.. Or are they that insignificant?

1 Like

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 11, 2018
BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION IS DEFINITELY EGOISTIC, HENCE A TOOL SATAN USES TO CARRY OUT HIS PLANS!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 5:48am On Nov 12, 2018
I understand that the Truth is bitter but it's only the Truth that can set people free!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 13, 2018
You are free to choose for yourself what you'll do, i'm only here to tell you to be careful!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 14, 2018
jesusjnr:
LUKE 21:34(KJV)

"And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth."-Jesus
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 14, 2018
Felix180:
Yeah... You're actually making one sense bro which is NONsense..
Thanks!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by adegoks1234(m): 6:58am On Nov 14, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

1.) First and foremost, birthdays are no command. Yes, we can say it is an example of Pharaoh whom is the first person to celebrate his birthday in the Bible. Now, aren't there other examples one can learn from that Pharaoh? That Pharaoh whom you paint as evil still did lots of good. Remember he housed the children of Israel who were God's people and even gave them land. That is a good example for all mankind. We can't throw the baby away with the bath water. Pharaoh was bad but he had some good qualities. We learn from the good and discard the bad.

As for customs, there are tonnes of pagan customs which we Christians have imbibed. First and foremost, before you label those people as pagans, you must know that they are humans first. It's not as if their every action involves worship of false god.

Yes, the Bible is my judge and it never says we should not celebrate birthdays.

2.) Genesis 40:20
And it came to pass the third day, which was Pharaoh's birthday, that he made a feast unto all his servants: and he lifted up the head of the chief butler and of the chief baker among his servants.

The above verse is talking about what Pharaoh did on his birthday. It in no way states that birthdays are wrong or evil. Just cos Pharaoh murdered someone on his birthday doesn't mean that is what happens on birthdays. The verse in no way condemns birthdays. Stop speaking where the Bible never spoke.

If you had read further, you would have seen that it wasn't only evil Pharaoh did. He also did good in that he restored his buttler back to his position.

Genesis 40:21
And he restored the chief butler unto his butlership again; and he gave the cup into Pharaoh's hand:

I can't even say Pharaoh did evil. What the Pharaoh did to the baker was simply judgment for an offence he committed. He only chose to pardon one and punish the other by killing him, a thing I believe he deserved.

Genesis 40:1
And it came to pass after these things, that the butler of the king of Egypt and his baker had OFFENDED their lord the king of Egypt.

But here you are trying to paint pharaoh's actions as totally evil and even using it to stain birthday celebrations. I can even say the Pharaoh did more good and no evil. The Baker got what he deserved, but the Butler got pardoned which is a good act from Pharaoh. That good act led to Joseph being made assistant Pharaoh to the point where the children of Israel we're saved from famine as they took refuge in Egypt. If Pharaoh had not thrown a birthday party, the gift of Joseph won't have filtered into his ears.

Mathew 14:1-12 also doesn't speak against birthdays. It's just about Herod doing something evil which happened to happen on his birthday. It's not as if murdering a person is a custom associated with birthdays.

I doubt you understand the passage in Galatians.

3. ) I don't know about secular history, but I can state that the Bible never said birthdays are a pagan customs and that we must abstain from such. That's why you havent been able to show me one single verse of such.

4.) I'm not derailing the thread. I'm glad we both agree that wedding rings are borrowed from pagan customs. If you also say birthdays are borrowed from Pagans, how come you wear wedding rings but kick against birthdays? Aren't suppose to kick against both? Can you now see how hypocritical you are?
This is one man that knows what he is talking about. All the points you've made are totally valid.

3 Likes

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by OneJ: 11:35am On Nov 15, 2018
1) The Bible said king herod who is a pagan celebrated his birthday (Matt14:1-12) and king pharaoh ,also a pagan celebrated his birthday (Gen 40:20), yet U claimed that "the Bible never said birthdays are a pagan custom and we must abstain from such"
U are a LIAR .
The fact that both Pharaoh and king Herod were pagans confirmed birthdays celebration was indeed pagan custom not practiced by men of God or followers of Christ.

"Now that you know God, or rather are known by God,- how is it that you are turning back to... OBSERVING SPECIAL DAYS AND MONTHS AND SEASONS AND YEARS. I fear for you that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you" Galatians 4:8-11.
What were the "observing of special days and months and seasons and years" which Apostle Paul condemned ?
Birthdays, feast days &orgies for gods and goddesses etc.
"And find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness" Eph 5:10,11.
It pleased Christ and men of faith, not to celebrate birthdays (why should we deviate from their examples?1 cor 11:1) because it is the dead works of paganism.

2) Does secular history confirm that Gen 40:20. & matt14:1-12 were accurate ? Yes.
He dey claim say him no know, arrogant hearts putting up false pretences.
3)
"Pharaoh did more good and no evil " just like the rich young man who did "more good" and kept all the Laws but rejected Jesus Christ instruction "come be my follower" Matt 19:16-24.
"To obey is better than sacrifice" of good works 1 sam15:22.
Everything in the scriptures was written to teach us, (ROM 15:4), not take it for granted because it's unpopular to accept.
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by OneJ: 12:09pm On Nov 15, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Just one verse of the bible that's against birthday celebration and you're writing all these... Even if its

Obedience is better than sacrifice.
1 sam15:22
"Find out what pleases the Lord",...
understand what the Lord's will is"
Eph 5:10,17.
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by OneJ: 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Do research on the origins of the days of the week and the months of the year. Then tell me why Christians like you don't discard it's use... Hypocites...

The days, weeks , u ,months & years originated from God,(Gen 1:14,15) . But at different times, men named them according to their culture & beliefs (God's people, the Jews had theirs too.) .
In this part of the world, the names we call each day such as "Monday, Tuesday, Sunday etc, has no religious significance attached to it.
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Perfectbeing(m): 2:04pm On Nov 15, 2018
OneJ:

The days, weeks , u ,months & years originated from God,(Gen 1:14,15) . But at different times, men named them according to their culture & beliefs (God's people, the Jews had theirs too.) .
In this part of the world, the names we call each day such as "Monday, Tuesday, Sunday etc, has no religious significance attached to it.

You didn't research like I asked you to do. If you had you'd have known that Sunday, Monday Tuesdays etc and the months of the year all have pagan origins. The Gregorian calendar that is used by most of the western world and most of the planet at large have pagan origins..

Sunday was a day dedicated to the sun.
Monday was dedicated to the moon.
Wednesday was dedicated to the pagan go wodin. popularly known as Odin.
Thursday was a day dedicated to the Norse god Thor.
Friday was dedicated to the pagan goddess frigga.
Saturday was dedicated to the planet Saturn.

Months of the year were dedicated to roman gods, goddesses or emperors.
January for example was dedicated to Janus.
August was dedicated the emperor Augustus. etc.

So my dear friend, the calendar on the wall of your living room have pagan significance attached to it. And unless you burn them you're encouraging pagan customs in your household.

Do your research on the origin of the gregorian calendar which we use.

2 Likes

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 16, 2018
Well for me I no wan know the origin of the of birthday celebrations, because if it's fruits were as such that it would help me in the level of my walk with God where selflessness was not just a virtue but the minimum requirement, i for no get any problem with am.

But that egoistic aspect of it where i go dey feel like say people dey owe me something just because na my birthday and so on. No oh! it din't jest werk for me at all in that regard, for it's not about me but all about God for where I dey oh!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 4:31am On Nov 20, 2018
One of my best friends was killed because someone was celebrating his birthday. So sad!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by hoopLA: 5:55am On Nov 20, 2018
jesusjnr:
One of my best friends was killed because someone was celebrating his birthday. So sad!
Oga stop being emotional.

You won't win this argument by spawning probably made-up stories.

Counter the other gentleman with biblical references instead of vapid emotional outbursts.

Those who died in other circumstances are not different from your imaginary "friend" who died on someone's birthday.

What you should be speaking against is the raucous and wild ways birthdays are celebrated. I for one prefer a quiet dinner with close friends and family and I know that I won't be responsible for any mishap. Like someone already posted, every day life is littered with pagan customs, even Sunday worship. Days of the week (even your precious Sunday)and months of the year are named in honor of the pagan gods yet you dont even as much as realize how hypocritical you sound when you single out birthdays for criticism.

1 Like

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 20, 2018
hoopLA:

Oga stop being emotional.

You won't win this argument by spawning probably made-up stories.

Counter the other gentleman with biblical references instead of vapid emotional outbursts.

Those who died in other circumstances are not different from your imaginary "friend" who died on someone's birthday.

What you should be speaking against is the raucous and wild ways birthdays are celebrated. I for one prefer a quiet dinner with close friends and family and I know that I won't be responsible for any mishap. Like someone already posted, every day life is littered with pagan customs, even Sunday worship. Days of the week (even your precious Sunday)and months of the year are named in honor of the pagan gods yet you dont even as much as realize how hypocritical you sound when you single out birthdays for criticism.

Maybe you mean what you should be speaking about because this is definitely well thought out and very deliberate on my part. And speaking of which I can sense the emotions in your written voice as this is putting a spanner in something that means so much to you, but as i already said that's the whole concept!

Mind you my friend's name is John the Baptist, and I already had this mindset about birthday celebrations before I came to find out that the celebration of someone's birthday provided an ample opportunity for him to be killed. Now imagine that?

So it further justified my belief that birthday celebrations is more or less an egoistic observation and hence shouldn't be observed by those who want to walk at the highest level with God, for at that level there's no pride involved, but it seems you're not even a part of the church which this is meant for.

So if that's indeed so, don't even bother about this for this is not meant for you. And point of correction my favorite day is not Sunday, but Everyday, as I believe God deserves the best from me every single day of my life!
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by hoopLA: 9:24am On Nov 20, 2018
jesusjnr:
Maybe you mean what you should be speaking about because this is definitely well thought out and very deliberate on my part. And speaking of which I can sense the emotions in your written voice as this is putting a spanner in something that means so much to you, but as i already said that's the whole concept!

Mind you my friend's name is John the Baptist, and I already had this mindset about birthday celebrations before I came to find out that the celebration of someone's birthday provided an ample opportunity for him to be killed. Now imagine that?

So it further justified my belief that birthday celebrations is more or less an egoistic observation and hence shouldn't be observed by those who want to walk at the highest level with God, for at that level there's no pride involved, but it seems you're not even a part of the church which this is meant for.

So if that's indeed so, don't even bother about this for this is not meant for you. And point of correction my favorite day is not Sunday, but Everyday, as I believe God deserves the best from me every single day of my life!

lol.
you are a case.
John the Baptist was going to die. Herod's wife had been looking for an opportunity to kill him.
Herod's birthday only served as an available Avenue. John the Baptist had been in captivity for a while prior.

and what about pharoah's butler and Baker story? like the other enlightened guy said, did it occur to you that those two might have actually been guilty of the offence they were imprisoned for?

Birthdays might be egotistical but you are still yet to tell us where the bible expressly or even remotely forbids us to celebrate it. I celebrate my birthday in sober reflection and I try to give to the less fortunate.Are you going to condemn me or others who spend the day in orphanages and motherless babies homes and homes for the elderly as being egotistical?

and if you truly are Jesus then your last paragraph gives you away. Jesus was not intolerant. Jesus welcomed everybody irrespective of whatever. you are already discriminating based on your shallow understanding and yet you wonder why people do not like your message.

and you also severely lack understanding and you are as shallow as a puddle of water on the road after rain.Monday Tuesday etc were named after Norse/Roman gods. Same as several months in your calendar. You dont see the hypocrisy in calling out birthdays when you worship on a day set aside in honor of the sun god. you won't see it because you cant. your shortsighted ego won't let you.

but why am I surprised? After all you were the mor0n who ran a full thread by yourself on two football matches that spanned 2 pages.

oga stop being emotional and be rational for once. the brain in your skull is not meant for trivializing things like these into meaningless football discussions

1 Like

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 20, 2018
hoopLA:

lol.
you are a case.
John the Baptist was going to die. Herod's wife had been looking for an opportunity to kill him.
Herod's birthday only served as an available Avenue. John the Baptist had been in captivity for a while prior.

and what about pharoah's butler and Baker story? like the other enlightened guy said, did it occur to you that those two might have actually been guilty of the offence they were imprisoned for?

Birthdays might be egotistical but you are still yet to tell us where the bible expressly or even remotely forbids us to celebrate it. I celebrate my birthday in sober reflection and I try to give to the less fortunate.Are you going to condemn me or others who spend the day in orphanages and motherless babies homes and homes for the elderly as being egotistical?

and if you truly are Jesus then your last paragraph gives you away. Jesus was not intolerant. Jesus welcomed everybody irrespective of whatever. you are already discriminating based on your shallow understanding and yet you wonder why people do not like your message.

and you also severely lack understanding and you are as shallow as a puddle of water on the road after rain.Monday Tuesday etc were named after Norse/Roman gods. Same as several months in your calendar. You dont see the hypocrisy in calling out birthdays when you worship on a day set aside in honor of the sun god. you won't see it because you cant. your shortsighted ego won't let you.

but why am I surprised? After all you were the mor0n who ran a full thread by yourself on two football matches that spanned 2 pages.

oga stop being emotional and be rational for once. the brain in your skull is not meant for trivializing things like these into meaningless football discussions
At least you agree with me that his birthday provided an avenue for him to be killed, even though that's still another way of putting that the egoistic celebration of birthday served as a tool in Satan hands to carry out his plan concerning John.

For who says that John was going to be killed, or where you the one that was going to kill him? For even Herodias the wife of herod, who was said to have wanted him dead was not able to kill him as she wanted to(Mt 6:18).

But then came a man's egoistic celebration of His birthday(a tool in satan's hands to carry out his plans), and it provided her a perfect opportunity for carry out her desire to have him killed.

For one of the reasons why she wasn't able to carry out her such devilish wish beforehand was King Herod himself, for he would not let it happen, and wouldn't have even on the day but for the egoistic celebration of his birthday(Mark 6:20, 26-28).

And mind you I was also egoistically celebrating my birthday as you, before I was honest enough to admit that it was an egoistic observation, and something I needed to do away with because at my new level of walk with God, such a function of ego or pride was not an option. And it was even after that, that this instance concerning John the Baptist came to my knowledge. So it's not the reason I consider such as egoistic but only a confirmation of my initial belief.

But you are free to decide for yourself if you'd celebrate yours or not, but I feel justified already with respect to your emotional outburst, as it proves to me that this person you called a "mor0n" is really toying with your ego in this respect despite your denial, for that means that the objective of this thread is being achieved. Yay! cheesy

Thanks for justifying this thread for I can't thank you enough, but as for those accusations of owning a football thread...I'm not going to take that away from you, since you seem a very egoistic person, so you can keep holding on to it, as something to massage your ego with, even though there's no iota of truth in it! Yay! cheesy
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 21, 2018
The revelation of birthday celebrations
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 22, 2018
Even if you are of the church and do celebrate birthdays, at least it would be more humble and honorable to admit to the pride you feel when when celebrating than denying it?
Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Hairyrapunzel: 9:23am On Nov 22, 2018
OneJ:

Give him scriptural proof that birthday celebration was practiced by pre- Christian men of faith or first century Christians.
Else, noise making takes U nowhere....

The real issue at stake is : Was birthday celebration a practice of pre-christian men of faith/ first Christian practice ?

Starting from Abel to John the Baptizer, then from Christ to the end of the first century CE, did all these men of faith coincidentally forgot to celebrate their birthdays ?

Pharaoh pardoned the cupbearer on his birthday. Something good happened on the birthday. Birthday is good.

1 Like

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Hairyrapunzel: 9:24am On Nov 22, 2018
jesusjnr:
At least you agree with me that his birthday provided an avenue for him to be killed, even though that's still another way of putting that the egoistic celebration of birthday served as a tool in Satan hands to carry out his plan concerning John.

For who says that John was going to be killed, or where you the one that was going to kill him? For even Herodias the wife of herod, who was said to have wanted him dead was not able to kill him as she wanted to(Mt 6:18).

But then came a man's egoistic celebration of His birthday(a tool in satan's hands to carry out his plans), and it provided her a perfect opportunity for carry out her desire to have him killed.

For one of the reasons why she wasn't able to carry out her such devilish wish beforehand was King Herod himself, for he would not let it happen, and wouldn't have even on the day but for the egoistic celebration of his birthday(Mark 6:20, 26-28).

And mind you I was also egoistically celebrating my birthday as you, before I was honest enough to admit that it was an egoistic observation, and something I needed to do away with because at my new level of walk with God, such a function of ego or pride was not an option. And it was even after that, that this instance concerning John the Baptist came to my knowledge. So it's not the reason I consider such as egoistic but only a confirmation of my initial belief.

But you are free to decide for yourself if you'd celebrate yours or not, but I feel justified already with respect to your emotional outburst, as it proves to me that this person you called a "mor0n" is really toying with your ego in this respect despite your denial, for that means that the objective of this thread is being achieved. Yay! cheesy

Thanks for justifying this thread for I can't thank you enough, but as for those accusations of owning a football thread...I'm not going to take that away from you, since you seem a very egoistic person, so you can keep holding on to it, as something to massage your ego with, even though there's no iota of truth in it! Yay! cheesy

Pharaoh pardoned the cupbearer on his birthday. Something good happened on a birthday. Birthday is good

1 Like

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Hairyrapunzel: 9:29am On Nov 22, 2018
OneJ:

Now to follow culture and man made beliefs is ok for somethings while it bad for others. Your jehovah can cherry pick sha.
Well, I just remembered that it is just assumptions made by imperfect men that make mistakes that you guys unquestionably obey because Jehovah no talk all these ones.

1 Like

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Hairyrapunzel: 9:31am On Nov 22, 2018
OneJ:
1) The Bible said king herod who is a pagan celebrated his birthday (Matt14:1-12) and king pharaoh ,also a pagan celebrated his birthday (Gen 40:20), yet U claimed that "the Bible never said birthdays are a pagan custom and we must abstain from such"
U are a LIAR .
The fact that both Pharaoh and king Herod were pagans confirmed birthdays celebration was indeed pagan custom not practiced by men of God or followers of Christ.

"Now that you know God, or rather are known by God,- how is it that you are turning back to... OBSERVING SPECIAL DAYS AND MONTHS AND SEASONS AND YEARS. I fear for you that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you" Galatians 4:8-11.
What were the "observing of special days and months and seasons and years" which Apostle Paul condemned ?
Birthdays, feast days &orgies for gods and goddesses etc.
"And find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness" Eph 5:10,11.
It pleased Christ and men of faith, not to celebrate birthdays (why should we deviate from their examples?1 cor 11:1) because it is the dead works of paganism.

2) Does secular history confirm that Gen 40:20. & matt14:1-12 were accurate ? Yes.
He dey claim say him no know, arrogant hearts putting up false pretences.
3)
"Pharaoh did more good and no evil " just like the rich young man who did "more good" and kept all the Laws but rejected Jesus Christ instruction "come be my follower" Matt 19:16-24.
"To obey is better than sacrifice" of good works 1 sam15:22.
Everything in the scriptures was written to teach us, (ROM 15:4), not take it for granted because it's unpopular to accept.

Pharaoh pardoned the cupbearer on his birthday. Something good happened on a birthday so birthday is good.

1 Like

Re: Birthday Celebration Is Egoistic, Hence A Tool Satan Uses To Carry Out His Plans by Hairyrapunzel: 9:35am On Nov 22, 2018
jesusjnr:

Jesus said:

Therefore be ye warned!

Keep dreaming of the greatest genocide to be committed by your all loving jehovah. Continue wishing and don't worry the wishes will only remain in your head and the only thing you will keep doing is to continue wishing your all loving sky daddy will come slaughter people for not joining the publishing company you belong to.

Well, all na imagination last last.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today It's Gay Rights. Tomorrow It Would Be Ritualists, Paedophiles Rights etc. / What Is Your View As To The Origin Of Life? / I Used To Respect Deism....until I Met Deists On NL. Thoughts On Deism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.