Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* (30845 Views)

The Wedding Party 2 & 'Merry Men' Are Now Showing On Netflix / #AgbadaChallenge: Photos From The Premiere Of 'Merry Men' / Watch AY Movie MERRYMEN - The Real Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by killdiabetes(f): 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2018
Bad mouthing

1 Like

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Dottore: 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2018
The fighting scene was rubbish
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by NnamdiN: 12:23pm On Oct 15, 2018
Was a waste of precious 3k

1 Like

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by harizonal123(m): 12:23pm On Oct 15, 2018
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Mysine: 12:29pm On Oct 15, 2018
The movie "was just there"
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by tgmservice: 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2018
UjSizzle:
I'll keep this short and simple.

I couldn't decide if it was an action movie with the Robin Hoodesque theme, a comedy considering the cast, or a beauty parade for the same reason as the second. Or maybe it was all three.

The plot was bland and lacklustre, but the dialogue was interesting (no depth though).

I could spot one glaring faux pas in the movie and wondered how the director and editors missed it. It was so glaring I was appalled. P.S Falz was involved.

There were an array of fancy casts, but sadly, many of them had zero role to play and only further weakened an already weak plot. In fact it's safer to assume their presence was simply to make the movie look colourful. Some scenes appeared unnecessary and were likely included to make the movie move beyond the 1hr 30mins mark. I didn't get the point of them at all.

The only things the movie had going for it were the presence of a very fine cast, comedians/funny humans and fancy wardrobe choice. Cinematography was decent although the camera angles in the fight scenes and gun shots were puke inducing. The sound was clear and not characterised by that irritating thing common with nollywood where the background soundtrack drowns or significantly interferes with the dialogue (Wedding Party was guilty of this, too).

If you're expecting suspense I advise you go watch "A Quiet Place" or "A Simple Favour". This movie doesn't provide any of that as most of the scenes could be predicted, except perhaps towards the end and even that would be disappointing for movie buffs who have spent years bingeing Hollywood

You'll laugh a lot and not be bored to sleep, that's a given. But it isn't a movie you'd consider seeing a second time-- especially not in a cinema-- and there were no fantastic, awe-inducing moments in it.

Verdict:
5/10

P.S. Ramsey Nuoah looked like fine wine kiss

Seen it, what do you think?

it seems you dont know movies the quiet place is the most stupid illogical movie ever
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by uuzba(m): 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2018
SaintHilary:
Just like black panther... overrated
3k still paining me till tomorrow angry

I never rushed to watch black panther. I just waited for all the noise to calm down. And still, 6 months later, the movie wasn't fantastic AT ALL. Black men, wearing spandex and giving excuses why Africa has not been developed since all this time. Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by uuzba(m): 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2018
ponti93:
Sometimes i wonder which is worse b/w the nollywood movies that hit the cinemas and those that don't... The difference is mostly camera and costume. Seeing a nollywood movie at the cinema is a waste of money, time and intellectual exercise.
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by kirchofff(m): 12:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
evavista:
I slept off while watching, the story line was wack, Nigerian directors should just stay on their love stories.The last scene (the Proposal) was nice sha undecided
I swear, this is the most boring movie I've watched in recent time. I was just praying for it to finish so that I can find my way. the storyline was %100 wack.
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 15, 2018
bobo65:
I'm not expecting much

Just like wedding party 2

I'll see the movie this Sunday tho
lets go together shocked
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 15, 2018
bobo65:
I'm not expecting much

Just like wedding party 2

I'll see the movie this Sunday tho
lets go together cool shocked
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by USUKUMA(m): 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2018
UjSizzle:
I'll keep this short and simple.

I couldn't decide if it was an action movie with the Robin Hoodesque theme, a comedy considering the cast, or a beauty parade for the same reason as the second. Or maybe it was all three.

The plot was bland and lacklustre, but the dialogue was interesting (no depth though).

I could spot one glaring faux pas in the movie and wondered how the director and editors missed it. It was so glaring I was appalled. P.S Falz was involved.

There were an array of fancy casts, but sadly, many of them had zero role to play and only further weakened an already weak plot. In fact it's safer to assume their presence was simply to make the movie look colourful. Some scenes appeared unnecessary and were likely included to make the movie move beyond the 1hr 30mins mark. I didn't get the point of them at all.

The only things the movie had going for it were the presence of a very fine cast, comedians/funny humans and fancy wardrobe choice. Cinematography was decent although the camera angles in the fight scenes and gun shots were puke inducing. The sound was clear and not characterised by that irritating thing common with nollywood where the background soundtrack drowns or significantly interferes with the dialogue (Wedding Party was guilty of this, too).

If you're expecting suspense I advise you go watch "A Quiet Place" or "A Simple Favour". This movie doesn't provide any of that as most of the scenes could be predicted, except perhaps towards the end and even that would be disappointing for movie buffs who have spent years bingeing Hollywood

You'll laugh a lot and not be bored to sleep, that's a given. But it isn't a movie you'd consider seeing a second time-- especially not in a cinema-- and there were no fantastic, awe-inducing moments in it.

Verdict:
5/10

lmao, true. the action sequences were straight up garbage.
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by bobo65(m): 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2018
missdee384:
lets go together cool shocked

If u can come to surulere leisure mall, then no p
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Onnasucs1(m): 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2018
UjSizzle, i envy your writing prowess.

1 Like

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by UjSizzle(f): 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2018
tgmservice:

it seems you dont know movies the quiet place is the most stupid illogical movie ever
This is the worst joke in history. Seriously?! You clearly don't know your movies. Just say thrillers aren't your thing please.

4 Likes

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2018
bobo65:

If u can come to surulere leisure mall, then no p
lol....i was expecting bashing typical of nairalanders.....you are far too kind but I was kidding
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Tundeobama(m): 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2018
i enjoyed watching ffalz character in the movie and ramsey,will go and see again soon.
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by UjSizzle(f): 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2018
Onnasucs1:
UjSizzle, i envy your writing prowess.
You're too kind. Thank you smiley
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Sunesis2012: 12:46pm On Oct 15, 2018
Succinctly reviewed. my views too.

Verdict:
5/10

[/quote]
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by kay5you: 12:46pm On Oct 15, 2018
Stupid movie.
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by jaykaylegend(m): 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2018
killdiabetes:
Bad mouthing
A constructive criticism is what you're calling bad mouth.. If this is Bad mouth then AY shouldn't Take this film to a professional Critic like Rotten Tomatoes oo, he will just cry..

4 Likes

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by BiafranBushBoy: 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2018
missdee384:
lets go together shocked

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by bobo65(m): 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2018
missdee384:
lol....i was expecting bashing typical of nairalanders.....you are far too kind but I was kidding

Lol
I'm mainly on nairaland for business
I no too get time for talks

Well d slot is still open incase u get bored that Sunday
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Genniez(f): 12:48pm On Oct 15, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Saw it yesterday. It was just there
The lady I went with to see it was "hurrying" me that's it was late( we joined the 5:10pm session) that she wanted to go. I just change am for her inside the hall, how I go pay 4k for the two tickets and then leave half way angry
next time carry me infact we go watch till them bag us to comot
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Genniez(f): 12:48pm On Oct 15, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Saw it yesterday. It was just there
The lady I went with to see it was "hurrying" me that's it was late( we joined the 5:10pm session) that she wanted to go. I just change am for her inside the hall, how I go pay 4k for the two tickets and then leave half way angry
next time carry me infact we go watch till them beg us to comot.lol
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 15, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

thanks cheesy cheesy
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 15, 2018
Same old trash, mtchewww I'd rather stick to Hollywood and to some extent Bollywood.
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 15, 2018
bobo65:

Lol
I'm mainly on nairaland for business
I no too get time for talks

Well d slot is still open incase u get bored that Sunday
ehn.....i am always bored.... But boredom has never been my motivation to go out.... Lol
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Onnasucs1(m): 12:53pm On Oct 15, 2018
UjSizzle:
You're too kind. Thank you smiley
And you're too loaded. You're welcome.smiley
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Tapout(m): 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2018
missdee384:

a guy here once said that most ladies on nairaland love playing around hence very unserious.And many ladies came for his head...... Oyanu see na, he was right afterall sad
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by einsteine(m): 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2018
Standard AY movie, more spectacle than substance, poor script with a big name cast, and a film that gets more viewers than it deserves.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#BBNaija: Fight Between Frodd And Seyi Over Alcoholic Beverages (Photos) / Profile Of Sheggz, Bbnaija Season 7 Housemate / The Best Yoruba Film Ever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.