Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* (30889 Views)

The Wedding Party 2 & 'Merry Men' Are Now Showing On Netflix / #AgbadaChallenge: Photos From The Premiere Of 'Merry Men' / Watch AY Movie MERRYMEN - The Real Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by LadyHeaven(f): 1:01pm On Oct 15, 2018
Lol, me that just watched wedding party last week grin

2 Likes

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by tgmservice: 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2018
UjSizzle:

This is the worst joke in history. Seriously?! You clearly don't know your movies. Just say thrillers aren't your thing please.
when it comes to movies you cant stand, ok i give it to you quiet place may have some suspense but plot wise it made no sense it was just overhyped

1 Like

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Afam4eva(m): 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2018
Bring Back our Nollywood

The Nigerian cinema movies are Erykah boring and bland movies with Erykah Badu actors with quasi foreign accents and va va voom pictures. The movies of old were way better and just needed some technical touch.

3 Likes

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by wisdomeze(m): 1:08pm On Oct 15, 2018
I'm quite disillusioned at the way these so called celebrities churn out movies without considering the fact that there are audience who are highly intellectual and thus know the nitty-gritties of doing an all together highly if not interesting movies.. They all go ahead to do low budget movies that are substandard and yet expect high turn ups of income from their wack movies. Movies that do not qualify to be premiered in the cinemas should be set aside for home videos.. Nonsense!

4 Likes

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by UjSizzle(f): 1:12pm On Oct 15, 2018
Afam4eva:
Bring Back our Nollywood

The Nigerian cinema movies are Erykah boring and bland movies with Erykah Badu actors with quasi foreign accents and va va voom pictures. The movies of old were way better and just needed some technical touch.

True. Old movies are way better.
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by fabulouskeem(m): 1:12pm On Oct 15, 2018
the guy no sabi movie naa...quiet place na film i can watch over n over again..or let him to watch (don't breath)

UjSizzle:

This is the worst joke in history. Seriously?! You clearly don't know your movies. Just say thrillers aren't your thing please.

2 Likes

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Dreyl(m): 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2018
QueenAmanda:
Nollywood my foot
Amanda the salamander. grin
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by obaataaokpaewu: 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2018
Genniez:
next time carry me infact we go watch till them beg us to comot.lol
lol
I no dey Lagos
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Skmoda360(m): 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2018
I'm thinking of Mile 22 now....dope movie
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Genniez(f): 1:23pm On Oct 15, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
lol
I no dey Lagos
so sad cry.q.thanks tho kiss
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by engineoil: 1:29pm On Oct 15, 2018
If I knew the movie was by AY, I wouldn't have bothered to see it; traditionally, his movies are nothing to write home about. AY seems to be taking viewers of his movies for granted. He doesn't seem to care if his movie s are making any positive impact or not. The idea of hyping movies, and featuring top rated actors, with near zero content seems to be paying off-and that's all that matters to him.

The OP gave an unbiased analysis, except for rating it 5/10, cos for me, it is 2.5/10. I would have felt happier if the money spent seeing the movie was given out in alms to the beggers on the streets.

2 Likes

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Afam4eva(m): 1:35pm On Oct 15, 2018
UjSizzle:

True. Old movies are way better.
I'm surprised you were able to even read what i wrote.I don't know how Erykah Badu found its way into my answer. This auto-correct Sef.

3 Likes

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by kingthreat(m): 1:43pm On Oct 15, 2018
SaintHilary:
Just like black panther... overrated
3k still paining me till tomorrow angry

But Black Panther wasn't that bad. I give it a 7/10

1 Like

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Prosperchuks1344(m): 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2018
;Dpoint of correction, its a yoruba movie not nollywood movie. ;Dpoint of correction, its a yoruba movie not nollywood movie.
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Nnemuka(f): 1:47pm On Oct 15, 2018
Movie was just annoying...
I didn't understand the storyline sef.

I better stick to my Korean Drama
I think I should download strangers or Goblin

1 Like

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Oba09085(m): 1:47pm On Oct 15, 2018
Giving that movie a 5/10 is way too generous. The movie was a total waste of cast.
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by kingthreat(m): 1:50pm On Oct 15, 2018
tgmservice:

it seems you dont know movies the quiet place is the most stupid illogical movie ever

How dare you call A Quiet Place illogical. It is a creative concept of Aliens and sound. It blended well through relationships and in the quest to find a solution. Please don't diss that movie in the midst of movie reviewers and fanatics. They would say unsavory things to you

1 Like

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by obaataaokpaewu: 1:50pm On Oct 15, 2018
Genniez:
so sad cry.q.thanks tho kiss
your dp, what does it mean? The price tags and the daily amount beside
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 15, 2018
UjSizzle:
I'll keep this short and simple.

I couldn't decide if it was an action movie with the Robin Hoodesque theme, a comedy considering the cast, or a beauty parade for the same reason as the second. Or maybe it was all three.

The plot was bland and lacklustre, but the dialogue was interesting (no depth though).

I could spot one glaring faux pas in the movie and wondered how the director and editors missed it. It was so glaring I was appalled. P.S Falz was involved.

There were an array of fancy casts, but sadly, many of them had zero role to play and only further weakened an already weak plot. In fact it's safer to assume their presence was simply to make the movie look colourful. Some scenes appeared unnecessary and were likely included to make the movie move beyond the 1hr 30mins mark. I didn't get the point of them at all.

The only things the movie had going for it were the presence of a very fine cast, comedians/funny humans and fancy wardrobe choice. Cinematography was decent although the camera angles in the fight scenes and gun shots were puke inducing. The sound was clear and not characterised by that irritating thing common with nollywood where the background soundtrack drowns or significantly interferes with the dialogue (Wedding Party was guilty of this, too).

If you're expecting suspense I advise you go watch "A Quiet Place" or "A Simple Favour". This movie doesn't provide any of that as most of the scenes could be predicted, except perhaps towards the end and even that would be disappointing for movie buffs who have spent years bingeing Hollywood

You'll laugh a lot and not be bored to sleep, that's a given. But it isn't a movie you'd consider seeing a second time-- especially not in a cinema-- and there were no fantastic, awe-inducing moments in it.

Verdict:
5/10

P.S. Ramsey Nuoah looked like fine wine kiss

Seen it, what do you think?

Matured, succinct, unbiased review. Thumbs up lady. I think I will like you already. *winks"
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by donqx: 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2018
smiley
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2018
You are cute,marry me?
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by teju29: 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2018
Ay’s movies don’t pass any message whatsoever across to its viewers
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Assassin101: 2:56pm On Oct 15, 2018
babe, I don dey like you small small o

Culin:
We don't even have a cinema where I could watch in this town but I already predicted it was just going to be one of those over hyped high-budget films.
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by UjSizzle(f): 3:00pm On Oct 15, 2018
Afam4eva:

I'm surprised you were able to even read what i wrote.I don't know how Erykah Badu found its way into my answer. This auto-correct Sef.

Didn't get the Erykah ref so I just chucked it away grin
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by UjSizzle(f): 3:01pm On Oct 15, 2018
kingthreat:

How dare you call A Quiet Place illogical. It is a creative concept of Aliens and sound. It blended well through relationships and in the quest to find a solution. Please don't diss that movie in the midst of movie reviewers and fanatics. They would say unsavory things to you
The guy matter tire me. See diss for cinematic beauty.

1 Like

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Miggs(m): 3:04pm On Oct 15, 2018
tgmservice:
when it comes to movies you cant stand, ok i give it to you quiet place may have some suspense but plot wise it made no sense it was just overhyped
The movie was also incredibly short because it lacked a genuine plot."A quiet place" is a poor mans' version of M.Night.Shyamalan 2002 movie called Signs

1 Like

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Godswillwiz(m): 3:12pm On Oct 15, 2018
looking forward to more reviews
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
Overrated piece of shite.
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 15, 2018
Miggs:

The movie was also incredibly short because it lacked a genuine plot."A quiet place" is a poor mans' version of M.Night.Shyamalan 2002 movie called Signs
Quiet place is one hell of annoying movie, I struggled to watch it to the very end, maybe I didn't find it interesting 'cause of the non verbal cues that were used.

1 Like

Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Genniez(f): 4:03pm On Oct 15, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
your dp, what does it mean? The price tags and the daily amount beside
OK it is a means to eradicate poverty by helping people purchase there desires (contribution but lower amount until it get to the certain amount required to purchase your visible desire)
Re: Review Of "Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons" *no Spoilers* by Emmzy201(m): 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2018
SaintHilary:
Just like black panther... overrated 3k still paining me till tomorrow angry
no be only you. I should have waited for the aba made black panther ���

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#BBNaija: Fight Between Frodd And Seyi Over Alcoholic Beverages (Photos) / Profile Of Sheggz, Bbnaija Season 7 Housemate / Rita Dominic, Eniola Badmus At The Giama Awards 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.