Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Re:his Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re:his Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar (393 Views)

My Experience With Eckankar Religion / Ilorin Pastors Brainwash Church Members To Disown Parents, Burn Certificate / His Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re:his Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by DrDeji20(m): 2:55pm On Oct 15, 2018
Good Afternoon house, i am creating this topic in response to a post on the religious section of Nairaland, about a young man that his family is threatening to disown because he is a member of Eckankar..

i response to the original creator of that post, i wish to make a few things clear and for all those that responded.

First, i am a Member of Eckankar, i will say i have been a member for over 3 years now, and honestly, there is no single wrong or anything occultism in Eckankar, infact, to me, Eckankar is more of what religion should be like compared to Christianity, i cannot say about any other religion, if it's better that them because i haven't attended them. so i will stick with what i know.

I was born in a Christian home, and all through my life i have been a good christian boy, i have attended many churches and i have belong in prayer ministers and so many of them. but, the first time i met an Eckist, i noticed something strange with him, the way he approached me and all my dealings with him, he was so good and i don't know what words to best describe his character. so one day i setup a long discussions with him, i really wanted to know , how he managed to be so disciplined and loving, Kind-hearted and very good. at first, he wasn't willing to tell me about his religious beliefs, he wasn't sure how i would have seen him. Generally, All Eckists knows that the other religious bodies sees them as Occults. so he wasn't ready to received that level of discrimination from me, but at a point during our discussions , he told me that he was an Eckist, and fear set in.. in my mind, i am like , these are the poeple we always pray against in our churches and during our family prayers. i held myself, he laughed as he saw my facial expressions, i was so scared. i don't know what to say.. i was like, "i have been hoodwinked". so he told me that he had expected this reaction from me, so he gave me a book about Eckankar. just a small book "Ancient wisdom" i read this book after so many hesitations and prayers , casting and binding demons and fasting. but when i finished this book, i realized that , if what i read in this book is about Eckankar, then i need to know more, i called this my friend after so many weeks , to have another meeting with him, he told me he went to a seminar holding at Abuja, and invited me to come and join him,so out of curiosity, i honoured this invitation, it was an Eckankar Seminar too, i was going there with 80% fear and 20% curiosity, in my mind i was like this is the end of the road for me. but, i kept going. when i arrived at the venue, the first thing that struck me was the presence of Kids, playing in the Event center, i was like , if this should be a secret cult, why would they have kids attending this church. the whole place was stuffed with kids and in the seminar hall, Old people , young men and women, youths, poor and rich, infact, it was just like a normal church to me. then, i listened to their teaching , from the time i came there to 3 days of the seminar, their teaching has been and always was about "LOVE" and how our mission in this world is to give back the same love that we receive. nothing occultism, to me , i joined to sing the "HU" song that according to them, that's what they how they pray.., since then i have been active with them. nothing fears me. to be honest, 3 years of being an Eckist was better than all the years of being a christian. the teachings makes so much sense to me than what i have received when i was a christian. i will simply advice the OP, to leave his family and face his life, it means nothing if they disown you.. it your choice , they cannot decide your religion for you..
Re: Re:his Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by BigGuyMan: 2:59pm On Oct 15, 2018
Wetn be Eckankar again? cheesy grin

All these Ogboni people sef cool
Re: Re:his Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by Nne5: 3:08pm On Oct 15, 2018
Lol.
You want me to believe there's nothing occultic about a religion that believes in soul travel or astral projection?
Lol.
Re: Re:his Family Has Concluded To Disown Him For Belonging To Eckankar by jieta: 3:31pm On Oct 15, 2018
Let me book space,i will like to read other peoples opinion. but op can you lay more emphasize about soul travelling as postulated by the poster above me

(1) (Reply)

Feminists Vs The Bible: What The Bible Says About Who Cooks. / The Akwa Ibom Christmas Carols Festival Returns At The Uyo Township Stadium On D / How To Invest Your First Fruits By Charles Awuzie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.