Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Honda Accord Scanned Error - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord Scanned Error (3000 Views)

I Need My Car To Be Scanned At My Home In Ikorodu; Any Help? / My Scanned Honda Codes / CEL On My Camry, Error Codes Scanned. Please Advise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord Scanned Error by okenne: 10:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
Please my honda accord 2003,while moving on a smooth Road d gear select very well, but on a bad Road it labour to select gear, have to off the engine and on it again before it will pick. Scanned d car,the diagnosis was P1734 and P0708.
saying shift Error. please what that mean.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Scanned Error by okenne: 2:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
u guys should help a brother na
Re: Honda Accord Scanned Error by mayor2013: 4:10pm On Oct 17, 2018
P1734 - shift solenoid valves B or C stuck off. First and foremost what does your transmission fluid look like. Wine colour, dark colour or brownish in colour.
If wine colour proceed to check shift solenoid valve band c. Which is just right inside of your transmission. If dark in colour and smells burnt you are on your way to replacing that transmission. If brown in colour proceed to changing fluid with " Honda DW1 transmission fluid". You can use a good dextron vi transmission fluid.

N.B: there is a recall on your vehicle for transmission issues

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Scanned Error by okenne: 4:19pm On Oct 17, 2018
pls can i have ur digits to call u please for clarity. okenne@yahoo.com.

I use Oando Dextron ll, the guy that scanned it said it said it sensor issue after putting the sensor the problem persists.he drove the car around and concluded its gear box problem. he checked d gear oil and said it burning already that its turning black but when i check it still pink in color.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Scanned Error by okenne: 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
wine color i mean

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Scanned Error by nurey(m): 8:34am On Oct 18, 2018
okenne:
pls can i have ur digits to call u please for clarity. okenne@yahoo.com.

I use Oando Dextron ll, the guy that scanned it said it said it sensor issue after putting the sensor the problem persists.he drove the car around and concluded its gear box problem. he checked d gear oil and said it burning already that its turning black but when i check it still pink in color.

don't bother repairing. you need a new transmission. How can you pour dextron II inside 2003 honda accord. The transmission is on extra time.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Scanned Error by okenne: 10:21am On Oct 18, 2018
nurey:

don't bother repairing. you need a new transmission. How can you pour dextron II inside 2003 honda accord. The transmission is on extra time.

pls i ddnt get you, do u mean i need to get another gear
Re: Honda Accord Scanned Error by nurey(m): 9:19pm On Oct 18, 2018
okenne:

pls i ddnt get you, do u mean i need to get another gear

The 2003 to 2004 honda accord had gear issues until it was overhauled in the 05-07 accord. The recommended atf is honda atf Z1 which was replaced by honda DW1 later on.

pouring dextron II or III into that gear was a grave mistake as honda transmission for that year was very fragile not only accord some acura line up with identical gear had such issues.

The deed has been done, you have burnt clutches already. better source for a replacement gear and find honda DW1 more recommended than Z1 and the change interval is 3 years or 60k km but I would advice you change yearly that's how we did for our 06 accord and we have never had gear issues.

first off try to flush and replace the dextron with DW1 and see if it would improve before total replacement.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Scanned Error by okenne: 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2018
Pls where can i get it, am not in lagos
Re: Honda Accord Scanned Error by nurey(m): 10:14pm On Oct 19, 2018
okenne:
Pls where can i get it, am not in lagos

cc Radautoworks, luvinhubby
Re: Honda Accord Scanned Error by okenne: 10:52pm On Oct 19, 2018
there number pls
Re: Honda Accord Scanned Error by nurey(m): 5:37am On Oct 20, 2018
okenne:
there number pls
https://www.nairaland.com/luvinhubby

https://www.nairaland.com/radautoworks
check their profile and through their recent threads for a contact number

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Scanned Error by okenne: 5:12pm On Oct 21, 2018
nurey:

The 2003 to 2004 honda accord had gear issues until it was overhauled in the 05-07 accord. The recommended atf is honda atf Z1 which was replaced by honda DW1 later on.

pouring dextron II or III into that gear was a grave mistake as honda transmission for that year was very fragile not only accord some acura line up with identical gear had such issues.

The deed has been done, you have burnt clutches already. better source for a replacement gear and find honda DW1 more recommended than Z1 and the change interval is 3 years or 60k km but I would advice you change yearly that's how we did for our 06 accord and we have never had gear issues.

first off try to flush and replace the dextron with DW1 and see if it would improve before total replacement.

pls is DW1 better than Z1,because my car manual suggested Z1 and how would i know original one because have seen several on konga and jumia with different price

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Scanned Error by nurey(m): 6:31pm On Oct 21, 2018
okenne:

pls is DW1 better than Z1,because my car manual suggested Z1 and how would i know original one because have seen several on konga and jumia with different price

Z1 was replaced by DW1 so DW1 is better and more appropriate to use especially in nigeria where fake plenty. If you can't identify original seek out luvinhubby on nairaland let him sell you original and you can also pay for waybill.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Scanned Error by okenne: 8:45pm On Oct 21, 2018
nurey:

Z1 was replaced by DW1 so DW1 is better and more appropriate to use especially in nigeria where fake plenty. If you can't identify original seek out luvinhubby on nairaland let him sell you original and you can also pay for waybill.

Thanks, but is he trustworthy to do biz with considering the Nigeria we are today.
Re: Honda Accord Scanned Error by nurey(m): 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2018
okenne:

Thanks, but is he trustworthy to do biz with considering the Nigeria we are today.

do your due diligence before transacting business with people on a faceless forum. But he has proved trustworthy on here with people.

if you are skeptical ask an aquaintance to meet up with him in lagos and get the gear oil or

post your query in the thread below for assistance

https://www.nairaland.com/4501821/milex-carquest-2nd-largest-usa

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Scanned Error by nurey(m): 6:46am On Oct 23, 2018
Hi okenne I got some information concerning your gear oil.

https://www.nairaland.com/3464011/total-forte-conoiloando-mobil1-mrs/17

go to that thread last page and see a new total ATF that can work for your vehicle the price and what it looks like has been pasted.

my brother in law also says he has been using Mobil ATF for his 06 accord almost 7 years plus bought at 1300 in lagos here.

but I would advice you try the total first if you can't get in your locality you can try the Mobil.

(1) (Reply)

3 Types Of Car Painting: Pros And Cons / What Should I Be Aware Of In Nissan Xterra Vehicle? / Should I Buy Seal For My Car's AC Compressor Or Buy Another Compressor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.