Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign (40731 Views)

Port Harcourt Crowd Goes Crazy As PDP Declares Atiku Presidential Candidate / Lagos, Abuja Trekker Arrives Destination, Okays Atiku’s Presidential Ambition / Chants Of ‘Sai Baba’ Mar Atiku’s Presidential Forms Submission At PDP Headquarte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by daddytime(m): 12:30pm On Oct 16, 2018
SocialJustice:
Not everything is done online, seek it offline and try to meet their team in person.

I quite agree with you bro but never ever disregard the power and opportunities that abounds here online.
Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by tasteofcash: 12:33pm On Oct 16, 2018
Tareq1105:

I've started saving some money bcoz I know that under "them" some of our huge revenue generating national assets will be sold in the name of public private partnership.

I hope they will sell Nigerian Port Authority or Nigerian Maritime Service Authority to me.

Sorry for asking, like how much would I need to save to buy one of these Agencies?
once u count ur money in billions, u are there. But make sure u will manage it well cos dats d essence of privatization
Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by SocialJustice: 12:35pm On Oct 16, 2018
daddytime:

I quite agree with you bro but never ever disregard the power and opportunities that abounds here online.
I tell you this because there are people online who will take your idea and make it theirs.
Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by GoodofNaija: 12:40pm On Oct 16, 2018
intruxive:

No thats PDP's surname, hell grin

Who is d FG and how is the country now? grin
Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by ci69: 12:44pm On Oct 16, 2018
onuebonyi:
Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign

· Dickson rallies former aspirants for candidate

Adedayo Akinwale in Abuja

Senate President Bukola Saraki has been named the director-general of campaign of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

The appointment, which had been subject of media speculation for days, was confirmed to THISDAY this morning by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Kola Ologbondiyan, who said zonal coordinators had also been named after long hours of meetings by the PDP hierarchy.

The coordinators according to him are, governors Aminu Tambuwal (Sokoto, North-west), Ibrahim Dankwambo (Gombe, North-east), Samuel Ortom (Benue, North-central), Nyesom Wike (Rivers, South-south) and Dave Umahi (Ebonyi, South-east). Former Ekiti State governor, Mr. Ayo Fayose, would coordinate the South-west.

Ologbondiyan said Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr. Emmanuel Udom, was appointed Chairman of Fund Raising Committee, while former presidential aspirant, Alhaji Taminu Turaki, would head the legal committee.

Others campaign officials, he said, would be announced in due course.

Meanwhile, the party formally set the machinery in motion for the reconciliation of all aspirants that contested its presidential ticket in Port-Harcourt penultimate weekend in an attempt to rally them behind the party’s presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

Although the primary was seen to be transparent and without rancour, the party still felt it should not take chances and asked its reconciliation committee headed Bayelsa State Governor, Mr. Seriake Dickson, to talk to the former aspirants and clear all possible grey areas.

The reconciliation moves started yesterday with a visit to Sokoto State Governor, Alhaji Waziri Tambuwal, and former governor of Kaduna State, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, in Abuja. With Dickson were Delta and Taraba States governors, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa and Mr. Darius Ishaku.

Speaking after the meeting, Tambuwal accused President Muhammadu Buhari of maladministration, saying that the way the country was being run by proxy was unacceptable and won’t be allowed to continue after May 29, 2019.

Tambuwal assured the party and Nigerians that he was committed to the success and victory of the party at the general elections in February, 2019.

He stated, “We have had a robust and fruitful engagement on the way forward. And I have made my commitment immediately after the convention that I am going to support our candidate, Waziri Adamawa, Atiku Abubakar, 100 percent for us to have victory at the general election.

“So, I am not wavering, I am not looking back. Work has started for us to ensure that the PDP family remains united and other lovers of democracy come and partner with us for us to ensure that we convincingly win this election. It is not about my personal ambition.

“It is about this country. And all of the issues we have discussed, canvassed and traversed for during our encounter with delegates and party leaders, have remained there.”

He said the misgovernance of Nigeria under the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) had to stop.

“We want a situation whereby the President of Nigeria will be hands on on issues of good governance, respect for the rule of law and the way this country is governed. So, I have given my commitment and I mean it, I am out for it. By the grace of God, we shall support Atiku Abubakar and PDP to win elections throughout Nigeria”, he said.

The Bayelsa State governor commended the former presidential aspirants for displaying maturity and spirit of sportsmanship after the Port Harcourt Convention, which was won by former Vice President Atiku Abubakar.

Dickson who is the Chairman of the Committee said that the party had commenced series of consultative talks with all the aspirants and leaders of the party in the bid to retake political power from the APC in 2019.

According to him, “I am leading a team of the committee of governors to interact and compare notes with our brother, His Excellency Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State. As you all know, he ran a great race and we are all proud of what he did and what he continues to do. We appreciate his statesmanship; we appreciate the way and manner he has been of help to the party consolidating the gains the party is making.

“This afternoon, as part of our decision to go round, visit, encourage and interact with all our party leaders especially all those who indicated interest in the last presidential elections, we have held a fruitful meeting.

“We are actually starting from here and would be leaving from here to visit our former national caretaker chairman and also hold similar consultative meetings with him.”

On his part, the former caretaker chairman of the PDP, Senator Ahmed Makarfi urged Atiku to include all the former presidential aspirants so that they could galvanise support for him.

He said while the aspirants went into the election as aspirants, they emerged collectively as a party.

He said he had long years of national and political relationship with Atiku, which had not changed, stressing that the PDP would be victorious in the 2019 elections

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/10/16/dickson-rallies-former-pdp-presidential-aspirants-for-atiku/%3famp
Buhari will win convincingly in kwara state come 2019 election.
Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by daddytime(m): 12:44pm On Oct 16, 2018
SocialJustice:
I tell you this because there are people online who will take your idea and make it theirs.

True word bro..thanks much.
Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by akdjr(m): 1:10pm On Oct 16, 2018
DG wey FFK de wait for
Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by JuanDeDios: 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ioannes:

Do you know what happens to those who sit and wait for luck to visit them? They grow white whiskers waiting. Luck isnt coming to pay you a visit, you make your own luck.

Nobody is going to lead any revolution in this country. We are too diverse for that and not hungry enough either. Neither did the United States build a formidable country with prayers only.

We know Atiku is a master thief but we want to vote for him all the same. It'd be really foolish to cry later on when he corners our commonwealth.

Each and everyone of us has a vote each. Our votes versus their votes and you realize that democracy CAN actually be a government of the people by the people for the people.

Yes, it'd be nice if all the other smaller parties coalesce into one big party so that we have an alternative to the other two rotten tomatoes vying for presidency.

Hopefully the other smaller parties will come to their senses and present a single candidate worth voting.

Irrespective of whether they become politically astute or not before election day, neither Atiku nor Buhari is worth voting for. QED.
I was not lauding the virtues of prayer or luck - I was highlighting the folly of relying on them instead of opting for a strategy. I don't even pray for myself, let alone pray for Nigeria since it's a waste of time. I merely telling you what IS. It is because I don't expect us to be saved by any of those options that I'm telling you about the devil's alternative, which is voting for Atiku.

Life is about cold hard choices. A second term for Buhari would have catastrophic consequences for this country. With him, we're not just talking of corruption but a president who has no clue and does nothing when the country burns. That must be prevented at all costs and the only way TO BE SURE is to vote Atiku since the smaller candidates don't stand a chance. Voting the smaller candidates is a gamble, a PRAYER, that by some miracle, they'd win. And prayers, on their own, don't work.

You know as well as I do that it's already too late for them to come together. And maybe you can tell me of one country where a third political party came together and was strong enough to oust the two big ones. There's a way these things work. Is Atiku a good candidate? No. Is he better than Buhari? You bet. The worst that can happen under him is a return to the looting that has become a part of our governance culture since 1986 and which the PDP is known for. With Buhari, whose only asset is a faux integrity, you get far worse than that.
Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:56pm On Oct 16, 2018
seunmsg:

Sigh! Must i explain everything to you? Atiku is contesting for president of Nigeria and the election will hold next year.
So u think if Atiku is leading,Inec would declare the election inconclusive? And Buhari would not be given the gbagbwo treatment by trump?
Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by billyG(m): 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2018
Bad choice,he shld have gvn it to Femi fanikayode.
Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by ajl: 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2018
Corruption Unlimited Nigeria Ltd. Birds of same feather flock together.
Re: Saraki Named DG, Atiku’s Presidential Campaign by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 16, 2018
seunmsg:

Sigh! Must i explain everything to you? Atiku is contesting for president of Nigeria and the election will hold next year.

Osun is APC stronghold n PDP still got 255k, same vote as APC, then that's an excellent result for PDP away from their stronghold.

Yorubas are tired of Buhari.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#10YearsChallenge: Atiku Shares Photos / Crowd Welcomes Oshiomhole To APC Campaign Rally In Benin (Photos) / Hunters Searching For Kidnapped Doctor & Nurse Attacked In Ogun, 2 Shot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.