Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,687 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Candid Advice Please! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Candid Advice Please! (704 Views)

Java Programming At New Horizon - Advice Please / A Student Needs Your Advice.PLEASE! NAIRALANDERS / [Advice] Please How do I become a Programmer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Candid Advice Please! by jeezfreak7: 5:42pm On Jul 14, 2010
Hi everyone,
i wrote the last UTME,had a good score,want to stud,Electrical Electronics engineering.since february,to fill in time and gain knowledge i enrolled into NIIT to study MCITP-server administrator,I am still studying it,and i am also at a tutorial college,preparing for my post-utme and recieving A-level lectures .Naturally i have strong flare for software and programming generally,i don't wanna rush things,i thought having a good knowlegde of networking and so on would give me a IT foundation and eventually make me a better programmer.Now guys i need your advice, a candid one.
I boils within me to learn prgramming,I love programming,graphics and the prgramming aspects of electronics,i just love it, i have basic knowledge of HTML.i need you to advice me on what to face as at now,how to begin my programming career,how it should affect my choice course because i feel like learning it right now,if possible i feel like i should just know how to program overnight.i know i can trust you guys.
Re: Candid Advice Please! by Chimanet(m): 11:32pm On Jul 14, 2010
why not go for computer science or since u love programming so much,may be pick up java for a start and combine it with ure studies,than entering into EE cause am studing EE what they teach there is far from programming except in ure 400L when u will be given intro to assembly language programing.if u decide to start java u must be passionate about it and never give up
Re: Candid Advice Please! by Tugbaski: 5:37pm On Jul 16, 2010
jeezfreak7:

Hi everyone,
i wrote the last UTME,had a good score,want to stud,Electrical Electronics engineering.since february,to fill in time and gain knowledge i enrolled into NIIT to study MCITP-server administrator,I am still studying it,and i am also at a tutorial college,preparing for my post-utme and recieving A-level lectures .Naturally i have strong flare for software and programming generally,i don't wanna rush things,i thought having a good knowlegde of networking and so on would give me a IT foundation and eventually make me a better programmer.Now guys i need your advice, a candid one.
I boils within me to learn prgramming,I love programming,graphics and the prgramming aspects of electronics,i just love it, i have basic knowledge of HTML.i need you to advice me on what to face as at now,how to begin my programming career,how it should affect my choice course because i feel like learning it right now,if possible i feel like i should just know how to program overnight.i know i can trust you guys.

Being a programmer is a good thing and i am happy you realized your love for softwares early, You can always go for computer Science, but being a programmer is more than that, You have to learn the languages you want to learn, Programmers do not know all the languages, most are proficient in one or the other,

You are already on a good start with HTML, (Foundations of Programming). Now try and figure out what sells in your area and what you would like,

From a professional standpoint, .Net, Coldfusion , Php are hot in the Nigerian Market and also on the database side, MSSQL, Sybase and also Oracle, So the future is bright my brother,
Re: Candid Advice Please! by jeezfreak7: 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2010
thanks a lot guys.you know i chose Elect Elect because i also want to go into microcontroller programming,what do you guys thinks?
plz could you help me out with ebooks for html,phpetc,you know those ones you advice, i can begin with.

(1) (Reply)

My Suggestion On This Forum / Ict And Media / Computer Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.