Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) (37499 Views)

Loaded Passenger Bus Plunges Into Canal In Oworonshoki, Lagos / Accident At Abule-Egba Head Bridge Along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (photos) / Driver, Passengers Killed In Fatal Accident In Aba, Abia State. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by HarryDuce(m): 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2018
Groovenaija360:
Information reaching now has it that a fully loaded eighteen sitters bus has plunged into a flooded bridge along Bayelsa road following the recent flood in the area.

Groovenaija360 gathered that the fully loaded Hiace bus dived into a flooded bridge along Okogbe-Mbiama axis at East-West Road, Ahoada West LGA, Rivers State after it mistakenly slipped of the major road.

However, several attempts by the AWELGA flood management and victims welfare committee to rescue the victims are yet to yield positive results as at the time of filing this report. If you can dive, please save souls.

We are making effort to reach out to the Management committee to get detailed reports as we will update soon.

>> https://groovenaija360.com.ng/fully-loaded-eighteen-sitters-bus-plunges-into-bridge-along-bayelsa-road/

I hope they're found.

Kudos to the committee. At least some states are taking action.
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
They should as a matter of urgency rescue the luxurious bus.
Both the driver and the passengers can continue living by shuffling their terrestrial lives with an aquatic one.
One thing I believe in is that if they're smart enough to swim, they will live.
As of today, the most beautiful life is still found in the ocean. Sea life is the best. Once again, that bus should be explored by dedicated experts. That's the most important thing for now.
Please don't be stupid undecided

10 Likes

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by MycroftHolmes: 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2018
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by unikprince(m): 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
Both the driver and the passengers can continue living by shuffling their terrestrial lives with an aquatic one.
As of today, the most beautiful life is still found in the ocean. Sea life is the best. Once again, that bus should be explored by dedicated experts. That's the most important thing for now.
What is this one talking about?

8 Likes

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Henri8: 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
Ogbeni, its not even a luxurious bus but an 18 sweater.

2 Likes

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

In this life one thing is sure, senses can never be bought. If u no get sense, u no get sense. Is as complicated as that.

8 Likes

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by adonismuller(m): 5:07pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
Are you a fool?

Go and drop your mothers techno

8 Likes

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by otherway: 5:07pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

You are not funny but you are certainly MAD.

8 Likes

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by joshjc(m): 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
na wah
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by blackjah(m): 5:09pm On Oct 16, 2018
so it has plunged into a flooded Bridge... still looking for the Flooded Bridge.

1 Like

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by geadom: 5:10pm On Oct 16, 2018
Chaiiii.... Wonders on this planet earth o
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by nextstep(m): 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2018
We really need our leaders to have a basic love for Nigeria and Nigerians.

Why should small water be the reason for deaths? This is not 1800 anymore... No guard rails, just like we don't care to keep our gutters covered. More than once we see cars entering gutter after rain, because of open drainage.

It must also be said that the driver is also responsible for driving recklessly, in disregard of road conditions, perhaps with bald tires. FRSC will see the balding tires, but thanks to 500 naira, will let the driver go.

RIP to the passengers.
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by KanwuliaMama: 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2018
Exactly what will happen to all those “toy trains”!
After killing Nigerians with incompetence, Amaechi and APC will shout “natural disasters are acts of God! grin
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by joshuaidibia(m): 5:12pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
you just dey talk go left and right.

1 Like

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Elliot2(m): 5:13pm On Oct 16, 2018
Skepticus:

cool

The truth mired in sarcasm.

Only the "strong" can understand.
even d weak need to understand this,the reality!
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by chisani(m): 5:16pm On Oct 16, 2018
So sad! Driver's education is Paramount .
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Angy55(f): 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2018
What a terrible way to die. My dad almost lost his life via an incidence like this some years back with his own car. Thank God for passengers going to Onitsha market that early morning and a few that can swim and a knife that was found in the passengers bus. He still shares his near death experience till date.

Please God show them mercy... sad
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by santopelele(m): 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2018
I CAN DIVE, PLS WHR IS THE LOCATION? WHR I GO EVEN DIVE SEF? INSIDE BRIDGE ABI RIVER? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2018
hisexcellency34:
That Goodluck Jonathan is a disgrace to all Niger Deltans. Instead of bringing his community on the world map, he was busy appeasing the Northerners with Almajiri schools. See how they disgraced him

I agree with you. See what Buhari is doing. All his kith and kin are in government. I learnt his daughter is a member of board of NNPC. Just imagine!
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by BillgatesMaigad(m): 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2018
Oh my God. The water is pretty high, there is need for speedy rescue team

I know that road. How leaders are just heartless.smh
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Originalsly: 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2018
Hmm...some blog...bus plunged into a flooded bridge?....bus is totally submerged...no idea exactly where it is.... but know it was fully loaded....and the to top it off...calling for divers from near and afar to report to the scene to help save the victims......do they have gills? Fake news... spinning a story from photos.

1 Like

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Sirheny007(m): 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:

cheesy
You're still getting it twisted. Humanity is not defined by the number of RIP we're able to type on social media. Humanity is defined by the numbers of reality we're able to face. Immediately I read the headline, I had already accepted it as their fate and my own reality. Sympathy is a sign of weakness and cowardice. I behaved as a human by immediately moving on with my life while anticipating for the next reality that life has to offer.
After all, they're not the first group of people to exit life in such a disgusting way and definitely won't be the last. By 23rd century, none of us alive today will be alive again. That's reality. The sooner we accept death as part of our existence and fate, the higher chance we have to appreciate every wonderful moment that life has for us. Emotion, sympathy and condolence are signs and expression of our weakness. We don't have to act like a weakling before we react to the lost of our dear ones.

Wow!!
I have finally found someone who share the same view on life as me.
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:

cheesy
You're still getting it twisted. Humanity is not defined by the number of RIP we're able to type on social media. Humanity is defined by the numbers of reality we're able to face. Immediately I read the headline, I had already accepted it as their fate and my own reality. Sympathy is a sign of weakness and cowardice. I behaved as a human by immediately moving on with my life while anticipating for the next reality that life has to offer.
After all, they're not the first group of people to exit life in such a disgusting way and definitely won't be the last. By 23rd century, none of us alive today will be alive again. That's reality. The sooner we accept death as part of our existence and fate, the higher chance we have to appreciate every wonderful moment that life has for us. Emotion, sympathy and condolence are signs and expression of our weakness. We don't have to act like a weakling before we react to the lost of our dear ones.

As much as this is true and the reality, having sympathy and empathy is also part of reality. If u choose to ignore that part u will loose ur conscience and later on have less value for life.

A better way to think is finding solutions to these problems or preventions to the reoccurring events. Be helpful to ur society than fatalism.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ishilove:

You are a very disturbed individual.
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by asksteve(m): 5:34pm On Oct 16, 2018
Groovenaija360:
Information reaching now has it that a fully loaded eighteen sitters bus has plunged into a flooded bridge along Bayelsa road following the recent flood in the area.

Groovenaija360 gathered that the fully loaded Hiace bus dived into a flooded bridge along Okogbe-Mbiama axis at East-West Road, Ahoada West LGA, Rivers State after it mistakenly slipped of the major road.

However, several attempts by the AWELGA flood management and victims welfare committee to rescue the victims are yet to yield positive results as at the time of filing this report. If you can dive, please save souls.

We are making effort to reach out to the Management committee to get detailed reports as we will update soon.

>> https://groovenaija360.com.ng/fully-loaded-eighteen-sitters-bus-plunges-into-bridge-along-bayelsa-road/

OP, Okogbe Mbiama road is in Rivers State not Bayelsa.

Hope they rescue the occupants of the bus.
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Henrocious: 5:36pm On Oct 16, 2018
This is a major road, the bridge is flooded, no guard rail or safety measure on the bridge (the bad boys in the community have stolen it), no warning sign, the driver was most likely over speeding (human error) & now we have a calamity in our hands, we r looking for savior.... why do we not just value human life in Nigeria?! God have mercy, let's also have sense & apply wisdom, caution
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by asksteve(m): 5:37pm On Oct 16, 2018
Groovenaija360:

OP, okogbe mbiama road is in Rivers state not Bayelsa.
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by GeorgeTheCoder: 5:38pm On Oct 16, 2018
I was on that road Sunday and saw the rescue operation. The passengers drowned. It was a terrible sight.
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Kento4ken: 5:38pm On Oct 16, 2018
Hope say no b this half way bus...
Becos they are reckless driver's
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Itzurboi(m): 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2018
Baba explorers, we need you on this...
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 16, 2018
God help them
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by openmine(m): 5:45pm On Oct 16, 2018
hisexcellency34:
That Goodluck Jonathan is a disgrace to all Niger Deltans. Instead of bringing his community on the world map, he was busy appeasing the Northerners with Almajiri schools. See how they disgraced him
Bro this is 2018 not 2015
Gej is no longer President of the country!
stop living in the past!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peace Mass Bus & Truck Collide In Fatal Accident In Imo (Pics, Video) / FG Certifies Anambra International Airport (Video, Photos) / Family Of 5 Rescued After Container Fell On Multiple Vehicles On Lagos Road.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.