Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,928 members, 7,956,482 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:42 PM

Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) (37622 Views)

Loaded Passenger Bus Plunges Into Canal In Oworonshoki, Lagos / Accident At Abule-Egba Head Bridge Along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (photos) / Driver, Passengers Killed In Fatal Accident In Aba, Abia State. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Born2Breed(f): 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2018
Just look at those on a rescue mission.
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by CHAVINCI: 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2018
this is sad,very very sad,how can a full 18seater bus plunge into a river without recovering the engine,divers should be sent into that river before the bus engine gets damaged,you know how much be engine for black market?
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2018
Khartune:
Rescue team that can't swimm and flood committees

Seriously I just tire for this country, imagine the so called rescue team just dey measure the depth of the river with stick while somebody is drowning in a sunk bus.

2 Likes

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Born2Breed(f): 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:

cheesy
You're still getting it twisted. Humanity is not defined by the number of RIP we're able to type on social media. Humanity is defined by the numbers of reality we're able to face. Immediately I read the headline, I had already accepted it as their fate and my own reality. Sympathy is a sign of weakness and cowardice. I behaved as a human by immediately moving on with my life while anticipating for the next reality that life has to offer.
After all, they're not the first group of people to exit life in such a disgusting way and definitely won't be the last. By 23rd century, none of us alive today will be alive again. That's reality. The sooner we accept death as part of our existence and fate, the higher chance we have to appreciate every wonderful moment that life has for us. Emotion, sympathy and condolence are signs and expression of our weakness. We don't have to act like a weakling before we react to the lost of our dear ones.

On a codeine diet.

1 Like

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Hopium: 5:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:

cheesy
You're still getting it twisted. Humanity is not defined by the number of RIP we're able to type on social media. Humanity is defined by the numbers of reality we're able to face. Immediately I read the headline, I had already accepted it as their fate and my own reality. Sympathy is a sign of weakness and cowardice. I behaved as a human by immediately moving on with my life while anticipating for the next reality that life has to offer.
After all, they're not the first group of people to exit life in such a disgusting way and definitely won't be the last. By 23rd century, none of us alive today will be alive again. That's reality. The sooner we accept death as part of our existence and fate, the higher chance we have to appreciate every wonderful moment that life has for us. Emotion, sympathy and condolence are signs and expression of our weakness. We don't have to act like a weakling before we react to the lost of our dear ones.

I feel you bro! This is one reason I rarely attend burial or go for condolence visits. People around me often think I'm not humane or lack empathy. I do think, "Will my visit resurrect the dead. Or how will it benefit the bereaved?"

I'm always very quick to move on from any situation I can't control and it has kept me going in tough times. I have no time to self-pity; it an act of the weak.

I remember when I was in school. I took a course and there was practical project to be done before the end of the semester; it was a group work. The instructor gave a deadline and he vowed not to accept any project by any group who fails to submit before time. The man was a pastor self.

Unfortunately, my group finished late. The deadline passed and the man communicated through our class rep that he won't accept any submission again. After deliberation, my group concluded to visit the man in his office and beg for mercy. The project alone weighted over 10% of the course score. Imagine, we are yet to write test and exam and 10% go just waka like that. In our collective mind, the man was doing initial gra-gra. He get children for house na and he is human being and a pastor self; he will be merciful, we all thought.

We got to his office and waited close to 2 hours before we could see him. When we entered, the guys prostrated and the ladies knelt down, and the begging started. "Please sir, we couldn't finish on time because of bla bla bla. Forgive us. It's was a mistake that won't repeat itself. Bla bla bla" The man no even listen. After he already have enough of us, he said angrily and smiling in between, "I'm a man of my words. Get out of my office; I'm not going to accept your work. It will do you good to start preparing for your test now"

We no even hear, "please sir..." on we went. Then suddenly he stopped us and said, (it was as if he was speaking directly to me), "Every man is subject to the consequences of his action! You failed to submit on time and you will face the consequences"

I just slowly rise up, gently waka from his office while others were still there begging. The man spoke sense and l understood immediately. That was my first lesson real life lesson of action, responsibility, and consequences in school. The man's message was clear: "I'm not going to pity you. You acted and you will face the consequences. So move on." That message stuck with me until now.

Self pity not only make you weak, it slows you down in life. Anything happens and I can't control, I move on. Anything happens as a result of my action, I get the message and move on.

5 Likes

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by nairaman66(m): 6:27pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ishilove:

You are a very disturbed individual.

A guy with a dysfunctional childhood what else can we expect??

2 Likes

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
Geeez.please God. That's bad.
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Lillianbri(f): 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:

:Dhmmmmmm# only th e strong hearted can understand this thou....quite painful..
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
They should as a matter of urgency rescue the luxurious bus.
Both the driver and the passengers can continue living by shuffling their terrestrial lives with an aquatic one.
One thing I believe in is that if they're smart enough to swim, they will live.
As of today, the most beautiful life is still found in the ocean. Sea life is the best. Once again, that bus should be explored by dedicated experts. That's the most important thing for now.

you used to be wise but since you started craving for cheap attention, things have gone Hurly-burly and nadir.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by maasoap(m): 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:

cheesy

Nice one. But showing emotion is part of human. A mother or father can't lose a child and not being emotional because of the bond that exits between them and the child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Whobedatte(m): 6:56pm On Oct 16, 2018
hisexcellency34:
That Goodluck Jonathan is a disgrace to all Niger Deltans. Instead of bringing his community on the world map, he was busy appeasing the Northerners with Almajiri schools. See how they disgraced him
Even Aba-PH exp way and some major federal roads in the south . If as a Southerner, you couldn't do anything to better the lives of your own people, shey na Fulani man go come do am for your people ?
That man is a big disgrace walahii

1 Like

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by kiddapunk: 7:06pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:

cheesy
Nothing funny there. Nothing motivating. Nothing inspiring.
My only concern is that how can a full passengers sleep and focus in the same direction? Like how on earth did they manage to choose the same fate & destiny? The only lesson here is that we should be mindful of the group of people we associate or board a bus with. Some people can make shorting our lives as a result of their own woeful fate and bad luck. We just have to be careful and smart.
there's one thing even school cannot change and it's stupidity
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by PennywysCares(m): 7:12pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:

cheesy
My only concern is that how can a full passengers sleep and focus in the same direction? Like how on earth did they manage to choose the same fate & destiny? The only lesson here is that we should be mindful of the group of people we associate or board a bus with. Some people can make shorting our lives as a result of their own woeful fate and bad luck. We just have to be careful and smart.
you are such an idioot
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by koxi: 7:20pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:

cheesy
The only lesson here is that we should be mindful of the group of people we associate or board a bus with. Some people can make shorting our lives as a result of their own woeful fate and bad luck. We just have to be careful and smart.

Did you even listen to yourself talk?
So when boarding a bus you can tell who has "bad luck" by simply looking at their faces?

How ridiculous!!
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by frozen70(f): 8:12pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
They should as a matter of urgency rescue the luxurious bus.
Both the driver and the passengers can continue living by shuffling their terrestrial lives with an aquatic one.
One thing I believe in is that if they're smart enough to swim, they will live.
As of today, the most beautiful life is still found in the ocean. Sea life is the best. Once again, that bus should be explored by dedicated experts. That's the most important thing for now.

Always check the condition of your brain before you make comments

You know you have a faulty brain

Don't expose it to the public
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by merits(m): 8:33pm On Oct 16, 2018
2-2 lobatan

Gbesereooo

Tragedy
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by otokx(m): 8:59pm On Oct 16, 2018
yinkus6750:
Was that a bridge, no rail guard on the bridge, and am sure no bridge sign before the bridge.
East West road again. I pray they are rescued.

That is one of the legacies, Goodluck Jonathan left to we his people in the south south.
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Triangles1(m): 9:02pm On Oct 16, 2018
SolutionMee:

cheesy

On point.
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Nasir123(m): 12:22am On Oct 17, 2018
priceaction:
See country. Na sticks them dey use look for the victims. A whole state or region, or federal government can't have standby emergency units along major roads, but budgets are allocated to them yearly. What a country!.

I'm tell u!
A very serious matter.
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Deandean: 1:18am On Oct 17, 2018
SolutionMee:

cheesy

Stupid Nigerian youth undecided....ur obviously a kid or just one of this coca cola promo children....and dnt dare reply me i beg of u....uv disgraced West Africans enough.
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Nobody: 2:24am On Oct 17, 2018
yinkus6750:
Was that a bridge, no rail guard on the bridge, and am sure no bridge sign before the bridge.
East West road again. I pray they are rescued.

A fellow Nigerian stole the guard rails.

1 Like

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by pajimi: 3:07am On Oct 17, 2018
[quote author=priceaction post=72143999]See country. Na sticks them dey use look for the victims. A whole state or region, or federal government can't have standby emergency units along major roads, but budgets are allocated to them yearly. What a country!. [/quote
bros our government is a scam. na sticks go detect the victims location. na wa
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by pajimi: 3:23am On Oct 17, 2018
Hopium:

I feel you bro! This is one reason I rarely attend burial or go for condolence visits. People around me often think I'm not humane or lack empathy. I do think, "Will my visit resurrect the dead. Or how will it benefit the bereaved?"

I'm always very quick to move on from any situation I can't control and it has kept me going in tough times. I have no time to self-pity; it an act of the weak.

I remember when I was in school. I took a course and there was practical project to be done before the end of the semester; it was a group work. The instructor gave a deadline and he vowed not to accept any project by any group who fails to submit before time. The man was a pastor self.

Unfortunately, my group finished late. The deadline passed and the man communicated through our class rep that he won't accept any submission again. After deliberation, my group concluded to visit the man in his office and beg for mercy. The project alone weighted over 10% of the course score. Imagine, we are yet to write test and exam and 10% go just waka like that. In our collective mind, the man was doing initial gra-gra. He get children for house na and he is human being and a pastor self; he will be merciful, we all thought.

We got to his office and waited close to 2 hours before we could see him. When we entered, the guys prostrated and the ladies knelt down, and the begging started. "Please sir, we couldn't finish on time because of bla bla bla. Forgive us. It's was a mistake that won't repeat itself. Bla bla bla" The man no even listen. After he already have enough of us, he said angrily and smiling in between, "I'm a man of my words. Get out of my office; I'm not going to accept your work. It will do you good to start preparing for your test now"

We no even hear, "please sir..." on we went. Then suddenly he stopped us and said, (it was as if he was speaking directly to me), "Every man is subject to the consequences of his action! You failed to submit on time and you will face the consequences"

I just slowly rise up, gently waka from his office while others were still there begging. The man spoke sense and l understood immediately. That was my first lesson real life lesson of action, responsibility, and consequences in school. The man's message was clear: "I'm not going to pity you. You acted and you will face the consequences. So move on." That message stuck with me until now.

Self pity not only make you weak, it slows you down in life. Anything happens and I can't control, I move on. Anything happens as a result of my action, I get the message and move on.
bros. even Jesus wept,are you saying He was weak. you at times regrets your actions that is as result of your emotions. so I fault your ideology

1 Like

Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by Nobody: 4:35am On Oct 17, 2018
I can spot someone wearing rescue cloth but still hanging there without diving.why do we employ people that dont have the necesary attribute to carry out a particular task. Stupid rescue team
Re: Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) by OyinO: 10:12am On Oct 17, 2018
SolutionMee:

cheesy
Useless otondo. Very very insesitive and perhaps a drug addict with unstable emotions.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rain Destroys A Filling Station In Abuja At Old Kutunku (photos) / How Come Nigerian Roads Don’t Have Lane Markings? / Woman & Her Children Die In Accident In Rivers. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.