Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

I Accidentaly Added Engine Oil To The Power Steering Fluid - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Accidentaly Added Engine Oil To The Power Steering Fluid (1766 Views)

Man Added External Air Conditioner And Generator To His Car / Fluid Specs Q & A Thread / Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Accidentaly Added Engine Oil To The Power Steering Fluid by tetralogyfallot(m): 6:41pm On Oct 16, 2018
Engineers in the house, does putting engine oil instead of power steering fluid have any negative effects on the car? Let's hear your views please.
Re: I Accidentaly Added Engine Oil To The Power Steering Fluid by falcon01: 6:59pm On Oct 16, 2018
tetralogyfallot:
Engineers in the house, does putting engine oil instead of power steering fluid have any negative effects on the car? Let's hear your views please.
how much did you add?
If the thickness is same as the ps fluid then you shouldn't t worry. If it's only the engine oil that's in there its gonna f*ck some things up there you gotta flush it out.
Re: I Accidentaly Added Engine Oil To The Power Steering Fluid by neonly: 7:00pm On Oct 16, 2018
One u didn't give us d type of car has for me I use Benz I sometimes put engine oil nothing happens dat y Benz is still one of d best cars
Re: I Accidentaly Added Engine Oil To The Power Steering Fluid by tetralogyfallot(m): 7:13pm On Oct 16, 2018
falcon01:
how much did you add?
If the thickness is same as the ps fluid then you shouldn't t worry. If it's only the engine oil that's in there its gonna f*ck some things up there you gotta flush it out.
okay thanks bro! Gotta flush it first thing 2mrw morning.
Re: I Accidentaly Added Engine Oil To The Power Steering Fluid by uboma(m): 7:44pm On Oct 16, 2018
neonly:
One u didn't give us d type of car has for me I use Benz I sometimes put engine oil nothing happens dat y Benz is still one of d best cars

Keep abusing your Benz....
Re: I Accidentaly Added Engine Oil To The Power Steering Fluid by makavele: 7:54pm On Oct 16, 2018
neonly:

Joseph !!!
Re: I Accidentaly Added Engine Oil To The Power Steering Fluid by osinawanta(m): 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2018
I use mobile engine oil for my steering pump eod and I owned d car for 6yrs now ride on[color=#000099][/color]
Re: I Accidentaly Added Engine Oil To The Power Steering Fluid by istephen(m): 7:51am On Oct 26, 2018
I would drain and refill with the correct power steering fluid. Then after driving it for a couple of days, drain again and refill.

2 Likes

Re: I Accidentaly Added Engine Oil To The Power Steering Fluid by tetralogyfallot(m): 11:44am On Oct 26, 2018
istephen:
I would drain and refill with the correct power steering fluid. Then after driving it for a couple of days, drain again and refill.
that's exactly what I did bro

(1) (Reply)

Driving The Fastest U.S.A Police Car In Nigeria / Is Nigerian Used Honda Civic 2005 What Buying? / Can You Guess Which Celebrity Is Sitting On This ₦8m Mercedes-Benz E Class Coupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.