Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder (15306 Views)

Tech Founder Seeking Tech Cofounder / Ecommerce Site Cofounder / How Mark Zukerberg And Melinda Gates Approach New Years. Share yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by uuzba(m): 8:24am On Oct 17, 2018
ikorodureporta:
Steve Job also died of cancer. We all got to be careful with theirs devices #radiation
Bill Gates nko? He's not using computer abi it is slate and chalk he is using?
Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by DeeMain(m): 8:28am On Oct 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Paul Allen was a scheming narcissistic scum.
Microsoft is better off without his negative energy.

He brought very little to the table, wasn't keen about innovations because his only interest was just the profitability of the company.

Rubbish ignorant talk.

Paul was the more ideas and innovative guy. His brain was full of them. Microsoft suffered innovation-wise when he left.

Gate's forte was more of decision making, deal making and the business side of things. He left Microsoft when he couldn't deal with Gate's crude human management.

They are just beginning to get it right again after Gates left and put the right people to head the company.
Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by ITbomb(m): 8:33am On Oct 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

He brought very little to the table, wasn't keen about innovations because his only interest was just the profitability of the company.
I always love to hear another perspective in any narrative

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 17, 2018
sacajawea:

You are Dry, you are wack, nothing interesting about you.
You are Not Funny, you are Not witty, I bet yous a Bitch offline. You a Terrible troll, you suck at it.
It's funny why over the years NLers always consider you funny and "intelligent" fuc.k!! This Dumbasses and their 'likes' Is cringey as F#£k!!
Look at the bullShiit you Call Diary. Articulate Loju ara eh abi LMAO! ����� men Foh!
You suck at your Lame attempt of being a 'sociopath/psychopath'
Is this Rubbish supposed to make sense? shocked

Please go see a psychiatric as soon as possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by Dandavido: 9:06am On Oct 17, 2018
BILL MY BOY TAKE HEART. I WILL BE THERE IN NEST TWO HOURS. THANKS
Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

See this one speaking from his anus. How much do you know about Microsoft and Paul Allen. Well, i am not going to educate you but one thing i must tell is that, without Paul Allen, there would not have been Microsoft you are hearing today.

You are too old to be this foolish.
Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 17, 2018
Without waste time, i will be taking you through 26 facts you ought to know but may not know about the American business magnate, Investor and philanthropist called Paul Gardner Allen That Died Recently.

1. He is 3yrs older than Bill Gate who he co-founded Microsoft with in 1975 before his death(65yrs and 62yrs respectively).

2. He is the 46th richest person on earth with an estimated net worth of $20.3billion.

3. He has a share of about $100million dollars in Microsoft.

4. While Billgate is richer than him, he has invested in more businesses that Bill Gate (Allen has invested in almost all spheres of
Life, including music and movies).

5. He dropped out from Washington state university after spending just 2yrs in the
university to work as a programmer for honeywell in Boston.

6. He was the one who convince Bill Gate to drop out as well from Harvard to Establish Microsoft.

7. He was the one who came up with the idea of Microsoft and also coin the Name 'Micro Soft' from 'Micro Computer Software'.

8. He was also the one who spearheaded the first business deal that led to him and Gate's Wealth.

9. Allen was Diagnose with Stage1-A Hodgkin's Lymphoma and effectively left Microsoft in 1982.

10. It took quite a long time for Allen to become a Billionaire due to the disease and business stock deal failure with Bill Gate after Microsoft went public.

11. Allen has a strain relationship with Bill Gate until his death due to the business stock deal failure.

12. Allen resign officially from his position on the Microsoft board of directors on Nov 9, 2000 but, remained as a senior strategy
advisor to the company's executives.

13. Allen Holds 43 patents from the united states patent and trademark office.

14. Allen donates more than $100million to the fight against ebola virus epidemic in west Africa in 2014. This makes him the largest private donor in the ebola crisis. He also created a website called Tackleebola.org as a way to create awareness and funds for
the fight against the epidemic. He also support financially and materially all the agencies working to curb ebola.

15. Allen $26million donation to the Washington state university is the largest private donation in the university history.

16. He has donated over $2billion to philanthropy throughout his life.

17. In 2010 he pledge to give the majority of his fortune to charitable cause after his death.

18. Allen and his sister Jody Allen were the owner and executive producers of Vulcan Productions a television and film production
company that has won many awards including Grammys and Emmys.

19. Allen is a musician. In 2013, He has a major label of Blues-Rock release on Sony's Legacy Recordings; Everywhere at once by Paul Allen and the Underthinkers.

20. The 2003 414-foot (126m) Yatch called Octopus, is owned by Allen.

21. Allen has received over 16 awards in his life time.

22. Allen has 4 degrees to his name.

23. Allen has a memoir called the IDEA MAN. It recounts his life with computers and the secret behind the founding of Microsoft.

24. Allen was never married and has no Child.

25. He died of thesame disease (that he was diagnose and cured of in 1986 after the disease return just two weeks before his death.

26. Allen was a funny, with deep concern, generous individual.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Allen https/www.bbc.com/news/world-us- canada-45871379? iorg_service_id_internal=624173547714020%3
Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by sacajawea: 9:23am On Oct 17, 2018
cjudy:

You get time. You think he will reply you? Lol.
Guess you don't know who's Nwamaikpe? Abel Google am or check his post and thread on nairaland then you will never bother to quote him again
I don't need his Reply

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by TheAlchemist: 9:40am On Oct 17, 2018
blackgold90:
moral lessons : Two friends can actually cooperate to build a multi National company.

Peter and Paul okoye please take note
Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by ICAMETOWIN(m): 9:48am On Oct 17, 2018
Rip Paul Allen, it's never about the years in this life,it's about the life in the years.These men stood up to be counted and impacted countless lives.if only we have enough like him in our dear country.
Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 17, 2018
DeeMain:

Rubbish ignorant talk.

Paul was the more ideas and innovative guy. His brain was full of them. Microsoft suffered innovation-wise when he left.

Gate's forte was more of decision making, deal making and the business side of things. He left Microsoft when he couldn't deal with Gate's crude human management.

They are just beginning to get it right again after Gates left and put the right people to head the company.

Even before his death, he was a chief adviser to the executive of the company.
Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by DookShop: 10:16am On Oct 17, 2018
wink2015:

DEAR BILL GATES,

YOUR MICROSOFT PHONES WAS A FLOP IN NIGERIA.

NOBODY WANT TO BUY IT ANYMORE

NIGERIANS PREFER ANDROID PHONES AND APPLE PHONES ( IPHONE )

Rest in Peace to the departed!

Do you have a Lumia 650 for sale? Preferably a new one? I'll love to have one.
Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by JayCynic(m): 10:18am On Oct 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I always thought you were making technical statements, but I've realised that maybe you're just saying all the shitt you're saying to gain cheap credits from Nairalanders. Go do your research again on Paul Allen.
Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by factwriter(m): 10:26am On Oct 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

So! You are still existing!
Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by ikorodureporta: 10:33am On Oct 17, 2018
uuzba:

Bill Gates nko? He's not using computer abi it is slate and chalk he is using?
Na turn by turn cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by Gerrard59(m): 11:29am On Oct 17, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is not true and fair to Allen. Dude was diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma during the earliest stages of Microsoft and had to undergo treatment. How do you expect him to keep up with tabs regarding the firm's development?

@Topic: The same Bill Gates who wanted conniving with Steve Ballmer to reduce Allen's stake in the company? grin

Anyway, it's business and double crossing is allowed.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by staneless(m): 12:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
As crazy as it may sound, the man no marry and he no get any pikin. Where all him money dey go now?

3 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by wink2015(m): 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2018
DookShop:

Do you have a Lumia 650 for sale? Preferably a new one? I'll love to have one.

I have a Lumia 540 phone.

I suggest you go for android phones such as infinix, techno, etc

Microsoft phones as in the Lumia types have fewer apps in their STORE which is the equivalent of android playstore or google playstore.
Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by GOFRONT(m): 6:12pm On Oct 17, 2018
Be like say Paul Allen na the guy Uncle.....See as him dey catch fire ontop d man matter grin grin
Re: Bill Gates Says He's 'heartbroken' By The Death Of His Microsoft Cofounder by DookShop: 9:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
wink2015:

I have a Lumia 540 phone.

I suggest you go for android phones such as infinix, techno, etc

Microsoft phones as in the Lumia types have fewer apps in their STORE which is the equivalent of android playstore or google playstore.

Lol.

Lumia serves me very very well. I'd a Lumia phone but it was stolen. Using a stock Android phone now but it is incomparable to my Lumia.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Change Your Blog Domain From ..com To .com Or .net In A Jiffy / Why Facebook,google,youtube Are Not Paying Taxes In Nigeria? / The Monthly Income Of Web Designers / Developers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.