Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

International Passport Dilemma. Pls Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / International Passport Dilemma. Pls Advice (1199 Views)

My Dilemma: Canada Or 500K Tech Job / Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) / Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Passport Dilemma. Pls Advice by mike070: 10:12pm On Oct 16, 2018
Hello all. I am due to apply for a student visa with Australia immigration department. My passport middle name was wrongly spelt. Instead of Michael it was spelt as Micheal. Please how do I go about changing it?
Any implication if I don't change it. Please your advice is needed urgently and promptly. Thanks and God bless you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: International Passport Dilemma. Pls Advice by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 11:35pm On Oct 16, 2018
mike070:
Hello all. I am due to apply for a student visa with Australia immigration department. My passport middle name was wrongly spelt. Instead of Michael it was spelt as Micheal. Please how do I go about changing it?
Any implication if I don't change it. Please your advice is needed urgently and promptly. Thanks and God bless you all.

Request for a new passport with your correct name.

1 Like

Re: International Passport Dilemma. Pls Advice by mike070: 1:48am On Oct 17, 2018
9JAFULLBREED:

Request for a new passport with your correct name.

@naika full breed thanks. But the problem is that I registered for d passport in Benin and I was told that for anything that has to do with correction of name I will have to go to Abuja office to do it. How feasible is that please??
Re: International Passport Dilemma. Pls Advice by Babacele: 6:35am On Oct 17, 2018
mike070:

@naika full breed thanks. But the problem is that I registered for d passport in Benin and I was told that for anything that has to do with correction of name I will have to go to Abuja office to do it. How feasible is that please??
I will ask someone in immig office and get back to you later today. cheers.
Re: International Passport Dilemma. Pls Advice by gentleking90(m): 6:00am On Oct 18, 2018
mike070:

I had similar problem in 2016, unfortunately you can only do it in Abuja and you must be present there. take all relevant documents you have that bear your correct names like WAEC cert, School Cert, national ID etc and take it to Abuja for the correction of the name. regrettably the process takes a lot of time except maybe you fast track it too
Re: International Passport Dilemma. Pls Advice by salford1: 7:26am On Oct 18, 2018
mike070:

You would have visit Abuja for changes to your biodata.
Re: International Passport Dilemma. Pls Advice by mike070: 2:59am On Oct 19, 2018
Omg. Thanks guys. So I will have to visit immigration office Abuja. Someone said I can swear am affidavit in a competent court. How true is this sire?? Any other way out.
Re: International Passport Dilemma. Pls Advice by mike070: 6:22am On Oct 20, 2018
Pls help a brother out biko. More info needed. Thanks
Re: International Passport Dilemma. Pls Advice by Majesticniyi(m): 9:55pm On Oct 20, 2018
mike070:
Omg. Thanks guys. So I will have to visit immigration office Abuja. Someone said I can swear am affidavit in a competent court. How true is this sire?? Any other way out.

No need wasting money and stressing yourself. You will be fine with a 'one and same person' affidavit. You would get that in any high court premises.
Re: International Passport Dilemma. Pls Advice by pheeto23(m): 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
Please I need help
I went to apply for an international passport with my Spanish birth certificate alongside a sworn affidavit incase. I was told it won't be processed unless I bring the visa or passport I used in entering nigeria and I don't have them anymore. Please what can I do

(1) (Reply)

Living And Doing Business In Cameroon / Can 15million Naira Be Able To Start A Buisness In The U.S / Traveling UK Or US To Secure A Job Withing 2weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.