Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats (20857 Views)

Video Of Ighalo's Lekki, Lagos Mansion. Money Is Good / Chelsea Keeper Edouard Mendy Reveals He Nearly Quit Football While On Dole / Nigeria Hero Odion Ighalo Nearly Quit After Death Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by Macnnoli4(m): 10:01am On Oct 17, 2018
I doubt if nigerians have the audacity to carry out death threats. Arabs and Indians are the ones that usually have the audacity to do so.
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:01am On Oct 17, 2018
To whom much is given much is expected.

That is why you are number 9 the main striker.

Don't let them remind you of your duty.
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by eamine: 10:01am On Oct 17, 2018
superb
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by olajide8(m): 10:04am On Oct 17, 2018
He should have at least we would know we are still in search of an 8 or top 9 - nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by enonche85(m): 10:05am On Oct 17, 2018
Haphard:
Death threats??
Just because he missed some couple of chances In a football match
If it happens to be true, that's bad

It's true, have u forgotten the Colombian goalkeeper who was shot dead at the airport while returning from USA '94?.

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by 8stargeneral: 10:06am On Oct 17, 2018
I don't support death threat,but dat goal u miss at world cup will never be forgotten as far as football concern, it will remain in our heart. cry cry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by LadyHeaven(f): 10:08am On Oct 17, 2018
I know that we expected more from Ighalo in the WC but he tried compared to Giroud that didn't score one goal, I doubt if he even had a single shot on goal, despite the fact they won it was terrible cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by candygist: 10:10am On Oct 17, 2018
Mariangeles:
It is so sad to know how low people can go...and they're wondering why Victor Moses quit the national team undecided

So many irrational people leave in Nigeria.the amount of uneducated people are more than the educated ones. A white man once told me that the different between a white and black man is that "the white people don't know how to complain but know when to complain, why the black man knows how to complain but don't know when to complain"

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 17, 2018
from ajegunle to the world.
Ighalo my boi.. *^_^*
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by wink2015(m): 10:20am On Oct 17, 2018
IGHALO WAS A TOTAL WASTE IN THE LAST WORLD CUP.

He was a minus in the national team.

Let him go to his club and waste their opportunity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by Diso60090(m): 10:23am On Oct 17, 2018
Haphard:
Death threats??
Just because he missed some couple of chances In a football match
If it happens to be true, that's bad

You want make he post you the video of the threats before you believe say na truth
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by udemzyudex(m): 10:25am On Oct 17, 2018
Nigerians are the confuse set of people in the world grin

They don't really know what they want.
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by yashau(m): 10:34am On Oct 17, 2018
Humblega:
To Ighalo: Every successful people have such stories. They almost quit before gotten it right. Mark Zuckerberg almost quit because of lack of fund, Messi was at a point carrying boot bags for players, jack ma said he almost committed suicide. So relax tomorrow will surely b beta dan today.

To Nigeria team fans: football is meant to to entertainment just like film, music and co. Why death threat because of a misfortune in a match. Perhaps, 32 teams Were in the world cup and only 1 team won 1st. Some are eliminated bcs of mistake of 1 or 2 players Or coach.....so no big thing

To me:

Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by emmaitive(m): 10:44am On Oct 17, 2018
And they will never threating buhari like that..mtcheeew
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by xandercage1: 10:47am On Oct 17, 2018
lowgeorge:
Thunder go faya whoever threatened you.. Be it the useless afonja or the flat headed ipob be it the parasitic aboki... Na thunder go faya whoever threatened you... What a useless country
but u live in that useless country
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by einsteine(m): 10:52am On Oct 17, 2018
enonche85:

It's true, have u forgotten the Colombian goalkeeper who was shot dead at the airport while returning from USA '94?.

Defender not goal keeper. His name was Andres Escobar. Scored an own goal. He was shot in a bar not an airport. About one week after the world cup. Police say his enemies just used the opportunity to kill him so it would look like he was shot because of the own goal. It was probably drug related.

3 Likes

Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by etibaba(m): 11:00am On Oct 17, 2018
einsteine:

Defender not goal keeper. His name was Andres Escobar. Scored an own goal. He was shot in a bar not an airport. About one week after the world cup. Police say his enemies just used the opportunity to kill him so it would look like he was shot because of the own goal. It was probably drug related.
It wasn't drug related, the killer confessed his boss lost heavily cos he placed a bet on that game. Coincidentally his boss Santiago Gallón, was a powerful drug baron.
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by BluntBoy(m): 11:03am On Oct 17, 2018
Mariangeles:
It is so sad to know how low people can go...and they're wondering why Victor Moses quit the national team undecided

Yes, some people went too far but that miss pained me o. It really pained me. Some people even lost money because Argentina were in disarray going into that match while we were high after beating Iceland. For instance, I know someone who could have won 16 million naira, even if Nigeria had drawn the match.

Fans get passionate over different reasons. Mine was purely out of love for my country and so while it was painful, I couldn't imagine going beyond blaming the players. But some people were not only passionate, they also lost money. So, it was a double loss for them.

2 Likes

Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by einsteine(m): 11:03am On Oct 17, 2018
etibaba:
It wasn't drug related, the killer confessed his boss lost heavily cos he placed a bet on that game.

that was the killer said. But the killer was working for a drug cartel.
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by pellyroger: 11:04am On Oct 17, 2018
He is man of the moment
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by luckyogor(m): 11:05am On Oct 17, 2018
If really they sent you death threats,we are sorry,but forget about any threat of walking away from the national team because nobody send you,five goals or not,you blew our world cup run away.
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by etibaba(m): 11:09am On Oct 17, 2018
einsteine:

that was the killer said. But the killer was working for a drug cartel.
Yes working for a drug baron doesn't mean all kills will be drug related, do you know some cultist rob? If they kill in the process will you call the killing cult related killing?
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by Afolak(m): 11:10am On Oct 17, 2018
spartan50:
Nigerians channel your anger at Buhari let's send him back to his village
I saw ur brain around oshodi,please go and pick it.
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by enonche85(m): 11:29am On Oct 17, 2018
einsteine:

True it was a defender, but the story was that he was shot at the airport.
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by einsteine(m): 11:30am On Oct 17, 2018
etibaba:
Yes working for a drug baron doesn't mean all kills will be drug related, do you know some cultist rob? If they kill in the process will you call the killing cult related killing?

I am telling you the police suspected that it may have been drug related but the killer used the excuse of the own goal. I never said it was definitely drug related. It's just a suspicion the police expressed after the case.

If the killer had confessed that it was drug related, he would have gotten life without parole because of the additional narcotics charges. he got 30 years or so and was released after some years due to good behaviour.
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by einsteine(m): 11:31am On Oct 17, 2018
enonche85:

True it was a defender, but the story was that he was shot at the airport.

Nope, he was drinking at a bar. It was about 5 days or so after they arrived at Colombia.

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by etibaba(m): 11:49am On Oct 17, 2018
einsteine:

I am telling you the police suspected that it may have been drug related but the killer used the excuse of the own goal. I never said it was definitely drug related. It's just a suspicion the police expressed after the case.

If the killer had confessed that it was drug related, he would have gotten life without parole because of the additional narcotics charges. he got 30 years or so and was released after some years due to good behaviour.
Ok
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by kingthreat(m): 12:29pm On Oct 17, 2018
We have forgiven you. Go and miss no more
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by naijajobx: 1:49pm On Oct 17, 2018
smiley
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by Christmasdon(m): 2:36pm On Oct 17, 2018
Does it mean i have forgiven u!!!! Even the rest of the Country men,,, Carry go buh that one against Argentina... Bros Make una reason nam.....nah,
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by Iamoriginalben(m): 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2018
Sirheny007:
Lol.
This should serve as a deterrent to other Nigerian footballers.
That miss from Ighalo was unacceptable.
Dont you go taking chances. You are paid to score goals, not waste them.

Pity Yakubu Aiyegbeni escaped this. grin
Thankfully, Ighalo has learnt his lessons. He's currently on fire. 5 goals in 2 games!

Boy! A feat messi can never achieve for his country. grin grin grin

How i wish people like u can be evaluated expecially in ur current place of work and let the whole world see and know how dutiful or i dare say if u are worth every penny U earn... For heaven sake d guy is currently among d top 5 highest earning player in Africa. Football is a sport. Even d best players also experience lose of form. Should that now amount to the threat of his Family's life.

Moses na Akamu case. His Pride will kill him.
Thankfully, Sarri is 'Dealing' with him. grin grin
Our village people are deliberating his matter.
Re: Ighalo Nearly Quit Eagles Due To Death Threats by Lucifer66(m): 2:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
If I had seen you somewhere I would have shot you just like they did to Pablo
Your goals against Libya are nothing,Any strong team will win those losers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mason Greenwood Suspended By England Team Amid Rape Probe / Saudi Arabia Ready To Suspend Its Alcohol Ban To Boost Its Bid To Host 2034 WC / How Brandon Williams Reacted To Being Fouled By Christian Eriksen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.