Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise (10965 Views)

Vacancies At Peace Group / My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise. / Paystack Recruitment Exercise 2018, Lets Connect Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by dsauce: 11:08am On Oct 17, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

Graduates need...

Thanks for the correction bro.
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by GrammarNazi1(m): 11:13am On Oct 17, 2018
dsauce:

Thanks for the correction bro.
You're welcome.
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by maestroferdi: 11:14am On Oct 17, 2018
trytillmake:

Na bad thing to create job? Every Tom, Dick and Harry in Nigeria is now an employer. Did u actually read what you typed.

You are not smart.

You should have seen the point I was trying to make....

Don't allow poverty mentality to becloud your sense of reasoning out of the box...

Let me make it obvious so you can see... In today's Nigeria, what we see are people taking advantage of the terrible unemployment situation to subject otherwise qualified job seekers to horrendous conditions...

A trader in Alaba would advertise for vacancy when it is very clear, he lacks what it takes to accommodate skilled personnel...

Funny system we are running here...
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by XaintJoel20: 11:14am On Oct 17, 2018
observanc1:
Congrats Op.
Tension must have played a part. Cant imagine a graduate not being able to use MS Office.

They are in their millions...
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by chuckdee4(m): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2018
@OP what I saw while at NYSC camp pretty much sums up what you experienced, makes you wonder how they scaled through uni

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2018
LeoFish92:
A few weeks ago, Peace group of Companies (owners of Peace Mass Transit) advertised for the position of Executive Trainee.
I applied and we had our Exam/interview yesterday in the conference hall of a hotel in Enugu.

I arrived there and saw a mammoth crowd of over 300 hopeful applicants.

The first stage of elimination was basic computer test. Applicants were called one after the other, and each would climb the podium /stage, sit in front of a laptop and do something there (at that time I knew not what they were doing there) but I realised most people were sent home immediately as it was a fail and go home exercise. Only a handful succeeded.

I was terrified, what could it be that made people fail en masse, I knew it wouldn't be programming, nay, that would be too extreme and unfair.

I bid my time and waited patiently, at last, I was called up. Petrified, I went up, sat, stared into the laptop, Lo and behold, it was Ms Word.

The question? Type in your name and save it !
That was what an overwhelming majority of our graduates who want white collar jobs couldn't get right.

Granted, tension might have played a sinister role in some people's failure, as I too was a bit tensed up when I was typing, but, that not withstanding, it was very shameful seeing graduates disqualified because of simple Microsoft Word, not Even Excel, MS WORD!!.

At last, about 80 of us scaled through and went to the next round where we wrote the ''written test''.
It was an Accounting question filled with Gross and Net income calculations. In the end, and because there was no time for the oral interview, they chose the best 30 from the test and employed them, including yours sincerely.

I've heard over the years that Nigerian youths are unemployable, I never wanted to believe that because I felt that assertion was hyperbolic at best, but with what I saw yesterday, I'm beginning to think, Could it really be true that most of our youths are indeed unemployable?

I'm not writing this to pass judgment, nay, I want us to realise - if we have not, that computers are taking over, the world is going global and if you don't have knowledge of one, you might be left in a desert of despair.

Thanks.

Mods, please do the needful.

What then would be your advise to those senators who can't even comprehend and sing our national anthem
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 17, 2018
LeoFish92:
A few weeks ago, Peace group of Companies (owners of Peace Mass Transit) advertised for the position of Executive Trainee.
I applied and we had our Exam/interview yesterday in the conference hall of a hotel in Enugu.

The first stage of elimination was basic computer test. Applicants were called one after the other, and each would climb the podium /stage, sit in front of a laptop and do something there (at that time I knew not what they were doing there) but I realised most people were sent home immediately as it was a fail and go home exercise. Only a handful succeeded.

I was terrified, what could it be that made people fail en masse, I knew it wouldn't be programming, nay, that would be too extreme and unfair.

I bid my time and waited patiently, at last, I was called up. Petrified, I went up, sat, stared into the laptop, Lo and behold, it was Ms Word.

That was what an overwhelming majority of our graduates who want white collar jobs couldn't get right.

Granted, tension might have played a sinister role in some people's failure, as I too was a bit tensed up when I was typing, but, that not withstanding, it was very shameful seeing graduates disqualified because of simple Microsoft Word, not Even Excel, MS WORD!!.

At last, about 80 of us scaled through and went to the next round where we wrote the ''written test''.
It was an Accounting question filled with Gross and Net income calculations. In the end, and because there was no time for the oral interview, they chose the best 30 from the test and employed them, including yours sincerely.

I've heard over the years that Nigerian youths are unemployable, I never wanted to believe that because I felt that assertion was hyperbolic at best, but with what I saw yesterday, I'm beginning to think, Could it really be true that most of our youths are indeed unemployable?

I'm not writing this to pass judgment, nay, I want us to realise - if we have not, that computers are taking over, the world is going global and if you don't have knowledge of one, you might be left in a desert of despair.

Thanks.

You are absolutely right, majority of graduates copy thier projects & assignment, some of these things just requires little research & typing but No, our graduates prefer whatapps, Instagram & Twitter. I don't blame though, I made lots of cash typing other peoples work & doing regression analysis for them when I was in uni.grin
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by deebrownneymar: 12:12pm On Oct 17, 2018
OP for your mind you're better than them. One thing I've learned from working all these years is mind your hustle. No one knows the future. You'll learn shortly.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by TreasureJunky: 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2018
You forgot to tell us how much their pay is���.
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by fresherdanU: 12:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
Oga,
lets hear word.
get the job first before u come on social media to say trash.

LeoFish92:

Thanks.

Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by AgentGoat: 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2018
It's true. Mumu everywhere.
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by LeoFish92(m): 12:56pm On Oct 17, 2018
fresherdanU:
Oga,
lets hear word.
get the job first before u come on social media to say trash.

Lol, if you had paid attention to details, you wouldn't have made that comment

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by LeoFish92(m): 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2018
deebrownneymar:
OP for your mind you're better than them. One thing I've learned from working all these years is mind your hustle. No one knows the future. You'll learn shortly.

I didn't say I'm better than anyone, I'm just saying there are things that one should arm himself with before venturing into the labour market.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by Nathan2016: 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
Poshriel:
Need I remind you that you may not and or won't be richer and again more comfortable than those lots that were rejected come two three years from now.

That one ain't very knowledgeable with MS WORD computer package doesn't justify one's realistic eventuality in life.

What you have written applies to and only to any one who wants to work with peace mass as a manager ..

Goto main market Onitsha
Goto Lagos island CMS
Goto seme borders in Ogun state
Don't forget to ask your president and other senator to do the same MS WORD test ... You'd understand that getting rich ain't all about MS WORD

Before you quote I am a certified computer engineer ( OND,HND,B.SC)

They are not talking about being rich here. The topic is on employment skills.

Even if you are as rich as Dangote, you will need people with skills to work under you. Dangote might not know anything in financial projections but he sure have those who knows it.

They is no country that is build with self employment.

Being Self employed and employer of labour is good, but they are not more important as employee.
When dangote go to bank to do transaction, who does it for him?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by BestDude: 1:34pm On Oct 17, 2018
LeoFish92:

Thanks.

Congratulations on your success. However, I will never say Nigerian graduates are unemployable, rather I would say the school or educational system being operated here has failed to equip them; granted they should have improved themselves but isn't that what school is supposed to be?

Guide them in the right direction.

Nigerian graduates just lack the skills... Except a few who take it upon themselves to improve, others wouldn't know how to go about their life except you tell them, for the most part.
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 17, 2018
Nathan2016:

They are not talking about being rich here. The topic is on employment skills.

Even if you are as rich as Dangote, you will need people with skills to work under you. Dangote might not know anything in financial projections but he sure have those who knows it.

They is no country that is build with self employment.

Being Self employed and employer of labour is good, but they are not more important as employee.
When dangote go to bank to do transaction, who does it for him?

Would you rather be dangote or be the bank teller
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by deebrownneymar: 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2018
LeoFish92:

I didn't say I'm better than anyone, I'm just saying there are things that one should arm himself with before venturing into the labour market.

Guy what if you guys were asked to do a different basic thing you can't and someone comes on here to gloat about it?
Those peeps that were rejected may end up doing way better than those picked in the nearest future. That job my even be a barrier to something much better.
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by Nathan2016: 3:46pm On Oct 17, 2018
Poshriel:

Would you rather be dangote or be the bank teller

Everyone would say Dangote, but that doesnt mean the bank teller is not useful or less

Without Dangote employee, therewill be nothing like Dangote

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by LeoFish92(m): 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2018
deebrownneymar:

Guy what if you guys were asked to do a different basic thing you can't and someone comes on here to gloat about it?
Those peeps that were rejected may end up doing way better than those picked in the nearest future. That job my even be a barrier to something much better.

Of course, everyone was wished the best as we departed, no one is saying we landed oil jobs...

But then, pray tell, what is more basic that writing your name and saving it in Ms Word.

It's high time graduates knew the kinda basic skills required for most white collar jobs.
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
Nathan2016:

Everyone would say Dangote, but that doesnt mean the bank teller is not useful or less

Without Dangote employee, therewill be nothing like Dangote

The question was a simple one my brother
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by engrjacuzzi: 4:16pm On Oct 17, 2018
Vacancy vacancy *Driver* is needed for immediately employment at the *officers training college*.......must at least *3years of driving experience* and valid *drivers license* must also capable to drive inter state......on before *20th of October* apply to *The Salvation Army Officers Training College Nigeria Territory*
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
My cooperating teacher keeps telling me that in this country there are many youths parading with numerous certificates and I have to be unique and distinguish myself for me to be able to get the best of jobs.
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2018
dsauce:
Graduates needs to personally learn some skills that are not taught within the 4 walls of a classroom. It’s very shameful and derogatory to see graduates that can’t navigate through a computer.
Its quite disheartening, the trcn professional exam I took this year, we were meant to use computer to fill in the answers and submit in the computer, many people couldn't even open the computer to start the exam or input their number, the lady near me was visibly shaking and begging me to help her navigate where she will answer the questions . Its quite bad and I believe this is the fault of our educational system that don't equip primary, secondary and universities with computers for students to learn, we only learn theories in the university and leave empty.
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by deebrownneymar: 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2018
LeoFish92:

Of course, everyone was wished the best as we departed, no one is saying we landed oil jobs...

But then, pray tell, what is more basic that writing your name and saving it in Ms Word.

It's high time graduates knew the kinda basic skills required for most white collar jobs.

Basic skills are good, but it's not a guarantee that you'll do better than them. Lai Lai. There are many people that can't even move computer mouse and are doing well. I'd like to see you return here in 2 years to gloat. You go know how far.
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 17, 2018
deebrownneymar:

Basic skills are good, but it's not a guarantee that you'll do better than them. Lai Lai. There are many people that can't even move computer mouse and are doing well. I'd like to see you return here in 2 years to gloat. You go know how far.
He never said he is better than them neither did he say it to spite them, you are getting worked up for nothing. He is trying to tell us the reason why there are many unemployed youths in the country, many of these certificate holders are empty, carrying certificate up and down, we are in 21st century, knowing computer and digital world is a plus to anybody that is seeking job in this country. Technology is the intoto now.
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by Awedman: 6:15pm On Oct 17, 2018
if you believe this poo then you are daft because what will a graduates used to type is project.
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by LeoFish92(m): 6:15pm On Oct 17, 2018
deebrownneymar:

Now it would seem you are taking this personally, and of course wishing me failure in the future, which I assure you, you'd be terribly disappointed.

If you can't put forth an argument devoid of sentiments, I will not reply you again.
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by deebrownneymar: 8:34pm On Oct 17, 2018
Colourich:
He never said he is better than them neither did he say it to spite them, you are getting worked up for nothing. He is trying to tell us the reason why there are many unemployed youths in the country, many of these certificate holders are empty, carrying certificate up and down, we are in 21st century, knowing computer and digital world is a plus to anybody that is seeking job in this country. Technology is the intoto now.

Did I lie? I'm not worked up at all. It's fact.
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by deebrownneymar: 8:35pm On Oct 17, 2018
LeoFish92:

Now it would seem you are taking this personally, and of course wishing me failure in the future, which I assure you, you'd be terribly disappointed.

If you can't put forth an argument devoid of sentiments, I will not reply you again.

After 2 years your eyes go clear. Let's see how far your MS Word would take you.
Re: My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 17, 2018
deebrownneymar:

Did I lie? I'm not worked up at all. It's fact.
You didn't understand the message he is trying to pass, though you have your own point but you need to understand the message he is trying to pass, its not about job competition or who knows more, its about the graduates that can't operate computer. If graduates cannot operate ordinary computer, then how do they tend to work in a modern organization that requires computer? don't you know that not all organization will deem it fitting to involve in specific training of staffs 'cause of their lack of computer literacy, they see it as a waste of resources cause skilled manpower training requires money, why train new manpower when you can select computer literate ones from the numerous applicants in the primary labour market? you don't actually blame these employers, demand for labour fall short of the supply of labour, so graduates need to get in touch with reality. One can't just fold his/her hand and expect to be employed, you have to equip yourself to have an edge over others 'cause the last time I checked, Nigerian universities will not equip anyone and that is what the guy is trying to say.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jumia Nigeria Invited Me For An Interview. Should I Go? Here Is Why Am Asking / Zintex Oil And Gas Limited Graduate Trainee Recruitment / MTN Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (8 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.