Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

The Trouble With The Yoruba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Trouble With The Yoruba (3869 Views)

Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline / The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN / Otedola In Trouble With Love Child’s Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Trouble With The Yoruba by One11: 8:07am On Jul 15, 2010
[size=20pt]"Yoruba Ronu" (II)[/size]

Femi Ajayi,USA

ACCORDING to Mama, "So, I beg you all. My knees are weak now; I could have knelt for all of you. I urge you to come,  together in the name of the Almighty God. Act as one and ensure that you are united so that things would run smoothly in the Yoruba nation. I do not want us to be scattered." Oodua, Chief (Mrs.) HID Awolowo would always be happy to see that there is unity in Yorubaland.

When my generation witnessed what we found on the ground during the time of Great Awo, and seeing what is happening with our leaders of today, someone feels like getting a cudgel and chase the destroyer of peace around the corners of their homes. You would be wondering what has happened to their home training; what God bestowed on them when they were born, talk less of the opportunity they have in getting to their current positions in life. Forgotten that it's only God that gives and takes positions and life. By the power of God they got to where they are today through someone with God's blessings.

There is much of Pull Him Down syndrome among the Yoruba leaders. Regardless of the progress you might be making, some dangerous reptiles would be waiting to find faults to pull you down. The Federal Republic of Nigeria constructed a stadium in Abuja for N32 billion, and the government 'bulldog' was charged to go after how the similar project was constructed for about N3 billion in another State.

Mimiko just won the Governorship election of Ondo State, with much appreciation to the Judiciary for making sure that 'Mandela', 'Tyson' votes did not count. Yoruba needs to rebuke the 'Enemies Within' so as to see the dangers in a disunited community. Those that are making progress in their communities have been the targets of some devilish individuals who consider themselves leaders of the Yorubaland. It is about time the Yorubas come together as one to move the group forward.

I doubt if the so-called Yoruba leaders that have benefited from late Awolowo's services to Nigeria, realize the damage they have done to our generation. Going by the developments in the South Western States, we can still see the hands of Awo's selfless services to the community.

Ironically, the disunity among followers of the late sage had left the Yoruba without an identifiable political direction. Ironically, Yeye Awolowo have to take them through memory lane of how late Awolowo left the Yorubas intact before his death. People thought that we had a united Yoruba until the Military were forced out of the Nigeria governance. It became a battle of the 'wits' for the Yoruba leaders.

Looking at the title 'Afenifere', it does not match the ways and manners some Yoruba leaders behave. When you love good things you are a member of the Afenifere. But that's not the direction they've taken the Yoruba that love peace. We could see from Yeye's speech to the gathering that she was disappointed at some current Yoruba leaders in the way they work against the principles of late Saga.

Unfortunately, and very ironic, the disunity among Yorubas with its PHD syndrome follows them whenever they settle. Regardless their level of Education or their level of professional attainment in their life, if they have not successfully pulled their closest friend down, they are not yet fulfilled. Some would be wondering whether there were leaders in Yoruba at all, or they are like termites that always rejoice in getting some properties destroyed.

The Yorubas have to appeal to their inner senses for a better tomorrow. They have to actually repent, and fight the 'enemies within', so that their sins would not be delivered on their offspring from generation to generation.

Ironically some of them forgot that their current positions are not permanent. Just like the wind, it would be blown out at the snap of a finger. God is very slow in anger and His wrath on those that put millions of people in abject poverty, torturing their life, would be revisited on their generations yet unborn.

What have to be done to get Yoruba group moving progressively again are left with each and everyone that considers him or herself a leader in Yorubaland. There must be some level of trust among the leaders. They do not have to go and swear to any lesser gods to be loyal to anyone or design that as an avenue for embarking on any dubious acts. They have to appeal to their inner senses, their conscience if there is any, and consider that there are millions of human beings that are suffering from their inability to unite as a group.

They should aggressively pursue some progressive programs to alleviate the sufferings of the people. One of the areas is to open all settlements and communities for development. Regardless what are obtainable naturally or artificially from a community, without

accessible roads is completely lost. Road network must be vigorously pursued. Each State could construct road networks, without discriminating against Federal or Local Government roads, and collect the amount spent on the roads from either the Federal or Local Governments after its completion.

Most people are now been enticed by white collar jobs, the pursue of agriculture should be a must. Sage Awo encouraged large scale cocoa and rubber productions in his days. The current Yoruba leaders could capitalize on that and encourage mechanized farming in some other agricultural products. We all believe that there is dignity in labor. We have to encourage the jobless youth to go into mechanized farming.

There is no excuse for any government not to provide each settlement with adequate water supply. It makes life easier on everyone. Such would eliminate the water-bone diseases, among others, caused by poor water supply in our communities. Every aspect of human life needs water supply.

Femi Ajayi
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 15, 2010
Yoruba internal problem is their own personal problem unlike that of igbo blaming yoruba for their misfortunes.when will you people stop nagging besides there is nothing like unity among the igbo talkless of canvassing for amicable peace among them.
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by One11: 8:43am On Jul 15, 2010
Look at pure animals. all they know how to do is fight each other smh, this is sickening. Yorubas please pull it together embarassed cry

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5DBn0-2Rk0&feature=related[/flash]
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by baslone: 8:56am On Jul 15, 2010
The enemies within Huh!

Na so sha!
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by Cohomology: 10:15am On Jul 15, 2010
One 1:

Look at pure animals. all they know how to do is fight each other smh, this is sickening. Yorubas please pull it together  embarassed cry

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5DBn0-2Rk0&feature=related[/flash]

Serious struggle with the English language. Why can't they just speak Yoruba instead of the visible difficulty in speaking English. grin
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by AkinEgba: 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2010
I saying it before before here that my brothers were pugnacious. Now it is on video and i am very shaming of my brothers

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-457263.0.html
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by AkinEgba: 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2010
Now again Akala fighting a big big Alafin. Why we fought all the time?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-478625.0.html
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by ezeagu(m): 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Yoruba internal problem is their own personal problem unlike that of igbo blaming yoruba for their misfortunes.when will you people stop nagging besides there is nothing like unity among the igbo talkless of canvassing for amicable peace among them.

So you people are proving people right? Can you not talk about your nations personal issues without involving Igbo into your discussion? What does Igbo unity have to do with the Yoruba nation, and how does it benefit it?
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 15, 2010
ezeagu:

So you people are proving people right? Can you not talk about your nations personal issues without involving Igbo into your discussion? What does Igbo unity have to do with the Yoruba nation, and how does it benefit it?
this thread surfaced after the other one about igbo was posted.the fact is that the igbo are living indenial blaming yoruba for their troubles and it pisses me off whenever i hear that afterall igbo have caused nigeria more troubles than yoruba.
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by ezeagu(m): 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2010
~Bluetooth:

this thread surfaced after the other one about igbo was posted.the fact is that the igbo are living indenial blaming yoruba for their troubles and it pisses me off whenever i hear that afterall igbo have caused nigeria more troubles than yoruba.

Like what troubles?
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2010
ezeagu:

Like what troubles?
you want to hear story abi ? Read the other thread about igbo and see the troubles i'm talking about.
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by olafolarin(m): 3:58pm On Jul 15, 2010
Yoruba was a united nation until 2003 when Obasanjo used "divide and rule" tactics to impose himself in Yoruba politics and polity.
Political ideology in Yorubaland is very progressive and we can all see what destruction Obasanjo and his PDP travellers has done to Oodua land.
All the South West PDP governors couldnt show anything for the huge revenue they get from the FG.
Because obj WANTED TO RULE AT ALL COST;HE IMPOSED MEDIOCRES on us all.
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by ezeagu(m): 3:59pm On Jul 15, 2010
~Bluetooth:

you want to hear story abi ? Read the other thread about igbo and see the troubles i'm talking about.

That was a very stupiid article. Anyway I'll leave you with your problems here.
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by Cohomology: 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2010
olafolarin:

Yoruba was a united nation until 2003 when Obasanjo used "divide and rule" tactics to impose himself in Yoruba politics and polity.
Political ideology in Yorubaland is very progressive and we can all see what destruction Obasanjo and his PDP travellers has done to Oodua land.
All the South West PDP governors couldnt show anything for the huge revenue they get from the FG.
Because obj WANTED TO RULE AT ALL COST;HE IMPOSED MEDIOCRES on us all.

Very true!

If PDP, the most useless party in the history of politics, was running Lagos, Lagos would have been the dirty old Lagos we've always known.

This is why Nigeria should be peacefully disintegrated. OBJ's divide and rule tactics would have been easily checkmated in an Odua Republic.

We in the East face the same problem of horrible governors, because they hide under the shroud of the inept arseholes in Abuja and use the same divide and rule tactics you allude to. However, such tactics would be ineffectivel in the coming Republic of Biafra.
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by ezeagu(m): 4:44pm On Jul 15, 2010
Cohomology:

We in the East face the same problem of horrible governors, because they hide under the shroud of the inept arseholes in Abuja and use the same divide and rule tactics you allude to. However, such tactics would be ineffectivel in the coming Republic of Biafra.

It seems like people have moved away from the idea of the old Biafra (and even the name) and are looking towards their own indigenous lands instead, e.g Igboland.
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by Cohomology: 5:11pm On Jul 15, 2010
ezeagu:

It seems like people have moved away from the idea of the old Biafra (and even the name) and are looking towards their own indigenous lands instead, e.g Igboland.

Ala-Igbo?

But I like the name Biafra. Oh well, what's in a name? Shakespeare?
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by msaalli(m): 6:48pm On Jul 15, 2010
The professor can first postulate that to the one he has always so strenously sought to protect on the backpage of Compass Newspaper who has repeatedly been unable to improve his state IGR to a semi-autonomous level and would start blaming the ability to fuel the government cars on the inability to access a clearly unpopular bond, based on an unclear and undisclosed debt status!!
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by chosen04(f): 7:32pm On Jul 15, 2010
Akin-Egba:

I saying it before before here that my brothers were pugnacious. Now it is on video and i am very shaming of my brothers
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-457263.0.html

Sorry, This the bolded English made in Yoruba land?
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by MrFire: 8:29pm On Jul 15, 2010
Lol! No be small thing oh! grin grin
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by AloyEmeka8: 8:48pm On Jul 15, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Is it possible to discuss and find solutions to Yoruba  problems without mentioning or involving the igbo? . Are the igbos the only ethnic group in Nigeria?. This sounds more  like insecurity to me and I am ashamed of it. Check Yoruba journalists and their ethnic analogy with respect to igbo journalists and you will realize that  this same factor is common among the Yoruba journalists. Geeez undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by bkbabe90(m): 9:09pm On Jul 15, 2010
Cohomology:

Ala-Igbo?

But I like the name Biafra. Oh well, what's in a name? Shakespeare?

Sure, U like the name! But, WHAT DOES BIAFRA MEAN? YOU PROPAGATE IT BUT U DONT KNOW THE MEANING! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF "BIAFRA"??!!? [/b]Shouldnt the fact that, a meaningless name was being imposed on the country yall so badly wanted, have told u that ur fathers' actions were just as meaningless as the name?lol.

[b]WHAT DOES BIAFRA MEAN?!?
!
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by One11: 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2010
^^^ What does Yoruba mean?  grin
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by ikeyman00(m): 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2010
^^^^^
means envy; juju-obiam; 2-face
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by EzeUche(m): 10:13pm On Jul 15, 2010
These Yoruba are threatened by Igbo unity. First it shall be Igbo unity, than it will be Eastern unity, then there will be no Nigeria for you parasitic Yoruba and Hausa to leech off!
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by sjeezy8: 10:28pm On Jul 15, 2010
@ post it is what it is- yorubas were NEVER united "so it aint nothing new"

But I think thats how it should be - Why in the world would I step back for another guy just because hes a yoruba? That doesnt make sense to me and probably MOST sensible people. Politicians in yorubaland have the right intentions but execute their ambition (what ever it may be) in the wrong manner( assassination, greed, corruption).

God forbid I do follow follow.

And no problem is exclusive to an ethnic group in Nigeria-  there is too many yoruba this igbo that hausa this ehnn Niger delta whateva AMONG COMMON PEOPLE- LIKE WTF THAT SHIOT IS ANNOYING.
I honestly dont see much ethnic bickering Among the Elite ( From all tribes). Infact I never even knew this his how many Nigerians felt, all the yoruba igbo and hausas ESP my deltans (muslim +christian) associates and paddies that I know (aside from small comments) are Having a great time with eachother spending money chillin in dubai, london, new york.

1) I dont even take Nigerian journalist or 80% of Nigerians seriously- There has been a couple of times where Ive read shiot about a former gov or senator, army guy- talking about the north's interest this n that- AND I PERSONALLY KNOW THEIR KIDS ARE HALF YORUBA OR HALF IGBO.

2) I recently saw a prominent guy from The east quoted in an article talking about "we igbo this n that "- I know for a fact he lives in Abuja and his kids hardly in the East busy chilling with Hausas and yorubas- as if there was never a Biafra.

3) I actually busted out laughing when I saw an article on NL about the SS seceding- The delta state elderstateman that talk the MOST, his whole family damn near lives in Lagos

4) Anytime I see yoruba this n that - I know dat shiot is false no need in going any further Im used to reading lies in the paper and I know what is the truth.

Like the way I see it is as if the Elite in Nigeria are taking Nigerians for a ride, because Nigeria problems arent as ethnic as people make it to be.

One of the reason why I dont fuk wit NL like that- TOO MANY gays complaining commenting on articles about FALSE news and terrible journalist that tribalise everything. True story
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by 006(m): 11:28pm On Jul 15, 2010
The internal Yoruba problem is worse than anyone could imagine. Almost every political squabble results in assassinations. I wonder what Oodua Republic would be like if Nigeria ever disintegrate; it will be an all out civil war.
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by EzeUche(m): 11:30pm On Jul 15, 2010
006:

The internal Yoruba problem is worse than anyone could imagine. Almost every political squabble results in assassinations. I wonder what Oodua Republic would be like if Nigeria ever disintegrate; it will be an all out civil war.

Gbam!

Yoruba be killing Yoruba. At least we Igbos are not barbaric. We just hold our opponents for ransom! grin

No one should lose their life over politics.
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 15, 2010
EzeUche:

Gbam!

Yoruba be killing Yoruba. At least we Igbos are not barbaric. We just hold our opponents for ransom! grin

No one should lose their life over politics.
yeah. . .you guys have sacrificed enough of your people to split nigeria by all means but God didint agree to your selfish agenda.i guess that is why your people prefer kidnapping to political killing cuz ibo are gonna be worse whenever they start killing one another.
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by 006(m): 11:45pm On Jul 15, 2010
~Bluetooth:

yeah. . .you guys have sacrificed enough of your people to split nigeria by all means [b]but God didint agree to your selfish agenda.[/b]i guess that is why your people prefer kidnapping to political killing cuz ibo are gonna be worse whenever they start killing one another.

So to prevent an endless civil war in Oodua Republic, that’s why you want One Nigeria? I see.
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 15, 2010
006:

So to prevent an endless civil war in Oodua Republic, that’s why you want One Nigeria? I see.
was the war between ibo and yoruba ? NO.it was between ibo and over 250 ethnic groups.so why blame yoruba ?
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by EzeUche(m): 11:58pm On Jul 15, 2010
~Bluetooth:

was the war between ibo and yoruba ? NO.it was between ibo and over 250 ethnic groups.so why blame yoruba ?

The war was between the rest of Nigeria against Eastern groups besides the Igbo like the Ibibio, Efik, Ekoi, Annang, Ogoni even Ijaws.

But a person from the east has probably never heard of these groups. So get your facts straight when you utter such nonsense.
Re: The Trouble With The Yoruba by Onlytruth(m): 12:09am On Jul 16, 2010
EzeUche:

[size=16pt]These Yoruba are threatened by Igbo unity[/size]. First it shall be Igbo unity, than it will be Eastern unity, then there will be no Nigeria for you parasitic Yoruba and Hausa to leech off!

GBAM GBAM GBAM !!

That is why we must continue our march towards Eastern unity. When we complete that march, all leeching will end. cool

Their worst nightmare.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Clock Is Ticking, When Will President Jonathan Start? / Pics: 9 Extreme Body Modifications You Can Blame On Culture / BIAFRA: I Have No Interest In The Damnable Zoological Republic - Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.