Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,575 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … (14492 Views)

UNILAG To Resume January 25, 2021 / University Of Lagos (UNILAG) To Establish Refineries / Striking Non-academic Staff Warn Unilag To Postpone Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by FrostyButter: 6:33pm On Oct 17, 2018
Awsome
Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 17, 2018
Itzurboi:
Good, wish they can do post-drug test before you collect your result statement too..... chai who throw me bottle

Na the drug addicts grin grin grin grin
Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by kurfbrown(m): 6:37pm On Oct 17, 2018
SamAzing:

This incoherent language shows you’ll be among those to be withdrawn. High priest chilling on the high table. shocked

thanks for recognising my present
Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by emmy2807(m): 6:38pm On Oct 17, 2018
they would be learners if they think that would reduce drugs abuse, how many students start taking drugs before they get in school? most of them start as a result of peer pressure they experience in school. they should just reserve the right to test any person they see and suspectd and that would actually get THE students to at least go on drugs holiday while they are atj school, because the fight against drugs cannot be fully won.
Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by meobizy(f): 6:39pm On Oct 17, 2018
This is a good initiative. Before I entered uni I had no idea the smell or sight of drugs. However a month or two into being in school I was very familiar with Indian hemp [who even gave it the stupid name?]. Some stupid boys always chilled by my window to smoke it every morning.
A lot of young men, 17 at the time also took to smoking to impress girls and appear hard to their peers.
The institution should sanitize itself. The case of sheltered children coming to school only to get hooked on drugs is fast rising and appalling to say the least.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 17, 2018
lumzybo:
If 6000 is given admission, what would happen to the over 24,000 candidates not admitted?
They should apply for polytechnic or college of education
Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by Olatunji1929: 6:45pm On Oct 17, 2018
We say NOOOOOOOOOO
Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by Twizzy30(m): 6:47pm On Oct 17, 2018
I can bet they won't do nada as for now, but you will still do it before you graduate. most students do it in their finals.
Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by kitone: 6:48pm On Oct 17, 2018
I guess they should screen the lecturers too, only that way is proof of their seriousness

4Ebiscoo:
The University of Lagos is to screen its newly-admitted students for hard drugs, an official said on Wednesday in Lagos.

The university’s Principal Assistant Registrar, Communication Unit, Mrs Taiwo Oloyede, warned that the university would not hesitate to withdraw admission of new students who would test positive to hard drugs.

Oloyede spoke in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

According to her, the screening is to ensure a drug-free academic community as well as promote peaceful co-existence.

She said that all newly-admitted students would undergo the screening before registration.

“This test is compulsory and will be administered on new students before they are allowed to go ahead with registration.

“Admission of any newly-admitted students who test positive to drug use shall be withdrawn.

“Our students must be seen to be good products not only of the institution, but the larger society.

“We want to ensure that we get students who will be willing to maintain peace, show leadership qualities and be law-abiding,” she said.

Oloyede told NAN that preparations for registration of new students admitted on merit had been concluded.

According to her, the registration will begin on Oct. 22 and end on Nov. 9.

The official said that the institution would admit no fewer than 6,000 students into its undergraduate programmes for the 2018/2019 academic year.

She said that 36,218 candidates, who applied for admission in the university, scored 200 and above in the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

According to her, of the figure, 30,201 sat for the university’s post UTME test.

She said that commencement of academic activities for the session had been tentatively fixed for Nov.19

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/unilag-to-screen-new-students-for-hard.html
Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by tealaw(m): 6:56pm On Oct 17, 2018
I hv never heard of a groundbreaking research paper coming out of our stupid naija unis. dem go dey concentrate on irrelevant things.
Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by Itzurboi(m): 7:06pm On Oct 17, 2018
skarlett:

Na the drug addicts grin grin grin grin
Sweet@, you had better put on your helmet, i just saw some boys with stone, bottle coming to your house

1 Like

Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by Casido1(m): 7:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
portable99:
Winning is a must
I think nairaland should also adopt this by testing this guy first. He seems to be high on something in the region between shit and fart.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by highbee02: 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2018
vidicious:
Great news. They should take it a step further by reserving the right to conduct random test on any student they deem fit upon.
The issue of drug use is getting out of hand.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by Edoziesmart(m): 7:15pm On Oct 17, 2018
SamAzing:

This incoherent language shows you’ll be among those to be withdrawn. High priest chilling on the high table. shocked
I barely understand what that dude wrote up there.
Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by odogwu190(m): 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2018
[quote author=chigalakingsley post=72176282]Almost all d student will go home!!!
Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
No student to admit then
Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by JediB(f): 7:30pm On Oct 17, 2018
Nigerian people in top positions again giving us overview and leaving the details to the victims to find out. Screening, will it be free? How shall it be carried out? Who will be in charge? School or external bodies. Its no good if it makes the already cumbersome process of admissions more hellish.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by Triangles1(m): 8:16pm On Oct 17, 2018
Clueless fellows. Ineptitude is what is killing our so called administrator. A child that's above Secondary school level and about to go higher institution basically know what is right for them. They should go to Secondary schools and start thier campaign against hard drugs bcs what make it university is the universal character. As jamb can't jam them, they're looking for how to reduce candidate. Moffos
Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by laborious(m): 10:29pm On Oct 17, 2018
6000 out of 300000
Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 18, 2018
Triangles1:
Clueless fellows. Ineptitude is what is killing our so called administrator. A child that's above Secondary school level and about to go higher institution basically know what is right for them. They should go to Secondary schools and start thier campaign against hard drugs bcs what make it university is the universal character. As jamb can't jam them, they're looking for how to reduce candidate. Moffos
.. their..
Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by kedehabe: 7:56am On Oct 18, 2018
ahh awon omo wobe that chose lag grin
ATTEND THIS PROFESSIONAL DIGITAL MARKETING MASTER-CLASS - NO BOREDOM. NO BLATHERING. NO BULLSHIT. 100% PRACTICAL!
[b][/b] grin grin
The truth is this social media likes don’t necessarily turn to leads that eventually can turn to sales.

To be the Digital Media Marketer Employers and clients want to hire - you need to understand how to implement the digital media marketing mix - paid and guerilla marketing, social media management, build inbound traffic, content creation for Ads, create designs needed for your Ads campaign and email marketing etc

What you will learn and practice from this All-in-one Powerful Training!

- Actual Best Blogging Practices with SEO (including blogging mistakes and tips)
- SEO (Search Engine Best Practices)
- Practical Understand of Google Adwords and Google Adsense
- Practical Understand of Affiliate Marketing
- Practically learn how to manually GROW your Twitter and Instagram real followers
- Practical training on EMAIL MARKETING – tips and techniques
- GUERILLA MARKETING
- GRAPHICS DESIGN
- PLUS MUCH MORE
be blessed

Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 18, 2018
Casido1:

I think nairaland should also adopt this by testing this guy first. He seems to be high on something in the region between shit and fart.
Lol, that's true. He never comment on the subject matters, he's so high abt the pool thing
Re: UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … by 1feoluwa: 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2018
Jlij unilag WhatsApp group for aspirants and those wanting bedspace. Message me to join d group: https:///+2349061822012

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Hottest States (in Terms Of Temperature) In Nigeria / Please I Need Mafia Manager PDF / Reasons Why You Forget What You Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.