Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,567 members, 7,861,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:06 PM

Victims Of OAU Hostel Fire To Pay #200,000 Each - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Victims Of OAU Hostel Fire To Pay #200,000 Each (1008 Views)

Heavy Rain Collapses Roof Of OAU Theatre, 4 Students Injured (PHOTOS) / Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) / Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victims Of OAU Hostel Fire To Pay #200,000 Each by Haypeakay(m): 1:55am On Oct 18, 2018
Last Tuesday night was a sad memory for the occupants of Block 4 room201 of alumni Hall of residence of the Obafemi Awolowo university ile ife as the room was razed to ashes through the use cooking cylinder Gas.
The inferno caused the students occupying the room their belongings and valuable items including their mobile phones.
One of the victims of the fire razed room of Alumni Hall of residence has revealed to OAU Peeps that they have been asked to pay two hundred thousand Naira each as damage cost, OAU Peeps can report.
Faith, one of the affected student and an occupant of the room mentioned that members of the room have be asked to pay N200,000 each for the damage caused by the fire outbreak in alumni hall.
Speaking as a member of this room, she told OAU peeps that although new bed spaces were not provided for either of them, they have been generally required to pay for the damage cost.
In her words, "I haven't seen any of my roommates since the accident. It is like we are actually scattered. some went off campus, some now stay with their parents while others had to go home"
She added that "There is actually no provision for a new bed space for any" of them.
"The hall warden and porters said we will pay #200,000 each even though it was just lend that was cooking"
Faith said the management of the hall established the fact "we are members of the room so we have to pay on that mandate although they are yet to demand for the money, but when they do, we would have to call our parents to fight for us"
While been quizzed about how life has been after the incident, she said "I've been trying to move on, well I can't because of the incident I have to stop attending my classes.
I still have some of my books and foodstuffs but some of my roommates lost everything including their certificates"
The inferno had cost the students most of their valuables such as certificates, books, phones,clothes,foodstuffs and the likes.

Re: Victims Of OAU Hostel Fire To Pay #200,000 Each by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:35am On Oct 18, 2018
Thank God no life was lost in the inferno.
Re: Victims Of OAU Hostel Fire To Pay #200,000 Each by semalujel: 10:51am On Oct 18, 2018
BE A VIDEO EDITING EXPERT. 100% PRACTICAL VIDEO EDITING TRAINING – IKEJA & IKOYI CENTERS

What You Get!

- Award of CERTIFICATION after completion of course
- 100% Practical Training from VIDEO EDITING Experts
- Basics of GRAPHICS DESIGN Training
- Unlimited Internet Wi-Fi
- Weekdays and Weekends Trainings

PLUS MORE!

NOTE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (THEY USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
Re: Victims Of OAU Hostel Fire To Pay #200,000 Each by Sistar: 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2018
Really feel sorry for you guyz. So many thoughts in my head. What if the occupants aren't the true owners of the bed space?
Now i guess i need to thank God for guidance during my days in OAU. akoba adaba, Olorun o ni je ki a re o. AMIN

GREAT OAU!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Let's Solve / JAMB Explains: What Cause Delay In In Release Of UTME 2019 Results / Full List Of Federal Universities, Names Of Vice Chancellor, Websites & Year Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.