Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA (30225 Views)

Noble Eyisi Graduates With 1st Class In The UK After Suspension From UNIZIK / The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) / Eniola Olaniyan Bags PhD From FUTA - Federal University of Technology, Akure (2) (3) (4)

Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by Sigggy: 9:49am On Nov 30, 2021
Update from

A Nigerian man, Timilehin P. Abayomi, who was 'kicked out' of Obafemi Awolowo Univrsity (OAU) after studying for 5 years has been celebrated on social media for his academic feat graduating with 1st class honors, years later.

According to his reports, he wept and attempted suicide after his poor outing at OAU that resulted in his studentship being withdrawn but he picked himself up.

Feeling the pains of wasted years in school, the man said he had attempted suicide and was also exiled from home. But rising from his academic misfortune, Timilehin stated that he decided to return to the university in 2015 and this time, he chose the Federal University of Technology, Akure.

In a celebratory LinkedIn post, Timilehin while keeping mum on the reason for the studentship withdrawal said the news reduced him and his mother to uncontrollable tears.

OF A GRADUATE WHO HAD TO FAIL FIRST

My Mother and I held ourselves in late 2014, weeping uncontrollably after learning that I had failed in OAU after being accepted to the citadel in 2008. My studentship was withdrawn in my final semester, 5 years later, for reasons I completely accept responsibility for.

My family and I went through a tough moment of one suicide attempt, exile from home and a family meeting to decide what to do next. I remember insisting on returning to university, and it was FUTA in 2015.

Fast forward to yesterday, I received a Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying with First Class Honours from the Federal University of Technology, Akure, and placed in the top 5% of the university's graduating class.

Between these years, I've gone through extensive refinement, learned various lessons and grown as a person. Excellence, diligence and tenacity, in particular, have become my watchwords.

With these guidelines in mind;

« I co-founded Inside FUTA, a news organization that helped the institution reintroduce campus media.

« I won the prize for most distinguished first-time member of the House while representing my department at the Students' Representative Council (SRC).

« Represented the University and competed against peers in national debate, entrepreneurship and construction competitions.

As I move forward in life, I'm determined to upholding the three values of excellence, diligence and tenacity, in the hopes that they would help me achieve my ultimate objective of realizing the possibilities of media and communications in the construction industry.

Construction Cost Data Management, Construction Economics and Project Management are three areas in which I am very interested in gaining professional/academic expertise.

As I've always maintained, this isn't the best way to get a degree; nevertheless, tell anyone who has failed that "failure is not final, no matter how fatal, for he who falls shall rise again."

I owe this eventual success to God, who gave me a second chance; to my dear Mother, who never gave up; family, who believed in me again; and friends, who were always there. My deepest appreciation to three of my friends who encouraged and supported me through this phase - Adesida Thompson, Anjolaolorun Alabi, ACIM & Opeyemi Fawole

This story is that of a failure who never gave up; a story of strength and courage. If you come across this, pray that God grants me speed for the years I have lost.

#ClassOf2020 #TheChevaliers #FUTASETClass20
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/timilehin-p-abayomi-307715a0_classof2020-thechevaliers-futasetclass20-activity-6870412537913974784-H-sF/

Sharing photos from his graduation ceremony, Timilehin announced he graduated with a first-class in his course of study clearing numerous honours while on campus.

https:///student-kicked-out-from-oau-at-final-year-graduates-with-1st-class-years-later/

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by Sigggy: 9:50am On Nov 30, 2021
It's never too late to achieve anything you set your mind on. But don't also forget that time waits for no one. Get it on time!
He still achieved his dreams but he's 5years older. Big Congratulations to him still!

[color=#990000][/color] reporting daily campus updates since 1822

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by chatinent: 9:59am On Nov 30, 2021
Quantity Surveying? ...in Nigeria?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by Ishilove: 10:25am On Nov 30, 2021
It took expulsion at the final level for you to get your shit_ together. Congrats

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by Deborah98(f): 10:32am On Nov 30, 2021
The downfall of a man is not the end of the world for him. Though choices and decisions vary but the persistent ones always make it. Congrats young man. God's favor and grace in the labour market.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by Isobug: 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
chatinent:
Quantity Surveying? ...in Nigeria?
What's your point? Why are you surprised? Quantity Surveying sells well in Nigeria so what exactly are you saying?

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by Muyiwaipere(m): 12:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hope no be Who goes there or Abrakaya make them pursue you for OAU?

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by Lemmy123(m): 12:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
Eweeeyyyy!

It appears the young man had always wanted to be great, and a great man he is... Just that Naija na mumu country, you fit go school finish still dey full time jobless

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by Itohanmiwa: 12:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
Don't worry people. There's only one great ife in the universe. If you can graduate successfully from oau your brain go tell you. Because he go humble and reconfigure you again. They just don't operate garbage in garbage but rather force you to think critically. I am a living witness. That being said congrats my guy. Graduating with a first class is no easy feat.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by adecz: 12:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
⏩⏩⏩After mastering a course & almost
graduated, you go start all over in
same course....
⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️
You suppose get better than 1st class,
in fact, you suppose graduate with
Masters straight!!☺️☺️

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by saydfact(m): 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
congrats - never too late to START OVER

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by rave1041: 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
Good one
Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by AntiChristian: 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
lipsrsealed

Downfall of a man is not the end of his life...by praying to God and struggling for life.....

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by squarelead(m): 12:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
Determination is required in every phases of life.

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by Yommychrz(m): 12:47pm On Nov 30, 2021
Congratulations brother � May Allah bless you abundantly

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by NaughtyBrainiac: 12:47pm On Nov 30, 2021
In Kanu Nwakwo's voice "He was determined to never give up".

Anyone with average intelligence can graduate with a first class if he or she puts in a lot of work, focus and determination.

It's a matter of getting 70 in most of the courses.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by omoadeleye(m): 12:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
U
Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
That's is cool

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by uptownemmygee(m): 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
2008 to 2015 wasted for no reason
If nah oga him carry those years serve sef, them for Don settle am atleast 1.5 or 2meter.
Anyways nah street you go still enter with your first class degree. Help me tell am say nah tech dey sell now no be pali

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by WibusJaga: 12:52pm On Nov 30, 2021

He try no be small.
Some serious challenges make you to be much more determined to succeed & to bring out the best in you.
What can not break you will eventually make you...
I don take style de turn motivational speaker here.
Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by chaseblack(m): 12:52pm On Nov 30, 2021
Good one
Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by Babara1994(m): 12:52pm On Nov 30, 2021
7 first class graduates?? In one department??

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by Raph82(m): 12:52pm On Nov 30, 2021
OAU is full of beast-lecturers and sadists, to me the school is living on old glory and overrated, I fear the school die. I remember an extremely brilliant colleague of mine who finished with distinction at the ND level then got admitted to OAU, he was frustrated all through his degree in OAU. He went to the US for further studies and finished as the overall best student with different awards. See OAU, see hell.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by lomaxx: 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ishilove:
It took expulsion at the final level for you to get your shit_ together. Congrats

Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by BABANGBALI: 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2021
Just because village people pity you, person no go hear word again. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!
Re: Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA by Bar1941(m): 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
Congratulations to him and I wish him post University's success. Over 95% of OAU lecturers are useless and sadistic in nature, infact they are worse when it comes to ladies, all they know is attempting to sleep with them. I know 3 lecturers then who were friends and all of them were sleeping with a lady and each of the lectures was aware the others were going out with her.

Olabisi Onabanjo University,ago Iwoye Post Ume / Nairalander Bags 1st Class From OAU, Wins Highest Number Of Awards. / Update On Lydia Lawal: The Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja.