Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu (7607 Views)

Anambra Election APGA Primary: INEC Officials Monitoring The Process(photos) / Kola Ologbondiyan: ₦679M daily FG School Feeding Programme, A Monumental Scam / Lagos APC Primary : A-Z Of Intrigues That Led To Ambode’s Ouster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by OrientDailyNews: 7:26am On Oct 18, 2018
By Okechukwu Onuegbu

The widow of the late Odumegwu Ojukwu and senatorial aspi­rant of All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) for Anambra South, Mrs. Bianca Ojukwu, has described the recently conducted primary elections of her party as a monu­mental embarrassment.

According to Ojukwu, “Our party is imperiled. This is without doubt APGA’s dark­est hour. At no other time, in the sixteen years that I have been a member of this great political movement, have we, in the course of routine pri­mary exercise, witnessed such despicable level of violence, vote rigging and other unwholesome practices, not to mention the wholesale importation of terror by political desperados intent on hijacking the electoral process at all costs.”

She alleged that her party’s primary election in Anambra South was marred by gross irregularities, intimidation of delegates, excess voting, siege, violence and a theatre of war with several busloads of armed hoodlums invading the ven­ue, firing sporadic gun shots, terrorising delegates with the police firing teargas to repel the assault.

“At every stage there was a concerted subversion of the democratic process with the active connivance of party offi­cials. In many instances, most especially in Imo and Anambra states, no primaries actually took place, but candidates were simply handpicked and issued certificates of return.

“In my own case, I petitioned the Party’s National Assembly Electoral Appeal Panel point­ing out the gross irregularities inherent in my primary election and demanding a cancellation of the exercise in line with the provisions of the Electoral Act 2010 and the APGA electoral guidelines for the Primary Elec­tions based on the fact that the total number of votes cast at the voting arena, were more than the total number of accredited delegates, a situation which ordinarily should nullify the pro­cess but I received no response,” he further alleged.

She accused unknown party members of producing a new result sheet for her opponent ostensibly to eradicate the discrepancies and irregularities she highlighted in her petition, vowing that the anomaly could force aggrieved members to abandon the party.

“As a foundation member of this great party and wife of Dim Chukwuemeka Odu­megwu-Ojukwu who gave his all to ensure that this party remains a credible and ideolog­ically focused platform for our people to achieve their political aspirations, I am dismayed at this turn of events. This is not the APGA we used to know. As a member of this party’s Board of Trustees, I am deeply concerned that mercenaries would appear to have hijacked the operations of our party machinery.

“Our harrowing experienc­es, through this process, have exposed to all and sundry the fault lines of this party and the basic truth that APGA cannot endure unless we do something dramatically different. We must reclaim the soul of this party. To remain neutral in this endeav­our is to take sides with the status quo. We must all refuse to abandon APGA to emergency cashiers and political adventur­ers who would appear to have hijacked this party and who neither understand its essence nor subscribe to its ideology. We, the real members of APGA who fought so valiantly will prevail in the end,” Ojukwu hinted.

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/politics/apga-primary-monumental-embarrassment-ojukwu/

Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by Profkomolafe(m): 7:32am On Oct 18, 2018
FTC shocked
DEY cool
SWEET. grin

But like serious, This and more are the reasons Bianca married Ojukwu.
Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by hucienda: 7:32am On Oct 18, 2018
Are primaries of political parties in any democratic setting meant to be an election or hereditary (like in a monarchy)?

If they are hereditary, people like Obama and Trump would never have become presidential nominees of the Democratic and Republican parties in the USA during their nomination fight in the primaries that produced them in '08 and '16 respectively.

5 Likes

Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by dmj111: 7:33am On Oct 18, 2018
Ok
Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by TalkTalkTwins(m): 7:33am On Oct 18, 2018
your headache wink

1 Like

Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:34am On Oct 18, 2018
If she won, it would have been a MONUMENTAL SUCCESS. Bitter idle slut!

11 Likes

Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by nwannemous(m): 7:34am On Oct 18, 2018
OK
Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by SarakiBukola: 7:34am On Oct 18, 2018
tongue

FFK abeg, go and console this chest-beater.

No wonder they both fit each other so much grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by enyooe(m): 7:34am On Oct 18, 2018
That's politics for u
Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by TEDHorsePower: 7:34am On Oct 18, 2018
Bianca try next time in Enugu state

1 Like

Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by tunde202(m): 7:34am On Oct 18, 2018
Madam, I would suggest u opt for another party so as not to jeopardize ur ambition. If truly u have plans for ur people and they know you very well.
Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by yjgm(m): 7:34am On Oct 18, 2018
Igbo maka why. This is shameful. Why not give her the ticket

4 Likes

Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by Bowwow11(m): 7:34am On Oct 18, 2018
democracy has failed in this country
Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:35am On Oct 18, 2018
Great OJUKWU will be rolling in his grave by all these happenings now...

Shame!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 18, 2018
I'm not a political person but I hear Obiano is gradually destroying APGA in that state.

That is: He is becoming the Oshiomole of APGA

5 Likes

Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by ngadaAwo: 7:36am On Oct 18, 2018
grin

i pity Buhari that thinks apga will scatter bloc votes of pdp in anambra
apga wey everyone no dey happy with for imposition of anointed candidates by Obiano and Umeh

after using that woman for campaign and capitalising on his late husband fame
you can't even guarantee her a credible primaries

mark my words apga may end up loosing all federal seats to pdp next year and they'll be only left with state assembly.

Just like APC apga is overestimating themselves cheesy

Obiano no send again grin

3 Likes

Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by chicoMX(m): 7:36am On Oct 18, 2018
Who is their candidate in IMO state. it seems APGA dey confused
Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by AdonaiAluminium: 7:38am On Oct 18, 2018
Real embarrassment, Ikemba would be sad in his grave now, i"m sure

Contact us for all Your roofing Jobs, water collector systems, insulated roofing sheets and panels, roof maintenance services etc

1 Like

Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by candygist: 7:38am On Oct 18, 2018
FFK comes to my mind whenever I see this woman . She's a sweet MILF

2 Likes

Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by AGideon(m): 7:39am On Oct 18, 2018
At this point, it has become clear that it's time she quits contesting and become part of the organisers of the contest..

God bless the Land of the rising Sun.
Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by Homeboiy: 7:40am On Oct 18, 2018
Ojukwu sons won

U lost bcoz they felt an Enugu woman can't represent them

1 Like

Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by ngadaAwo: 7:41am On Oct 18, 2018
candygist:
FFK comes to my mind whenever I see this woman . She's a sweet MILF
just like dino yaf banged remi Tinubu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by bixton(m): 7:41am On Oct 18, 2018
OrientDailyNews:

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/politics/apga-primary-monumental-embarrassment-ojukwu/

One mistake from this post is to refer to Bianca same and one as Ojukwu.
Being the late Ikemba's wife does not in any way make her, him.

3 Likes

Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by ngadaAwo: 7:43am On Oct 18, 2018
Homeboiy:
Ojukwu sons won

U lost bcoz they felt an Enugu woman can't represent them
but when Obiano was carrying here like hand bag to campaign just to get votes with ojukwu factor he no know say na Enugu woman.

If I'm this lady I'll carry my fortunes of ojukwu and go and re marry
she's too young for all these claptrap

2 Likes

Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by kaen1317: 7:43am On Oct 18, 2018
Leave that apga matter for now. Top priority is sending that man back to daura
Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by whizbee(m): 7:43am On Oct 18, 2018
when did we lost electoral fairness sef..even in primary schools....parents give money to wards to canvass for electoral posts...it's just bad
Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 18, 2018
Hnmm

Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by omusiliyu(m): 7:46am On Oct 18, 2018
post=72188831:
Great OJUKWU will be rolling in his grave by all these happenings now...

Will you face your business

1 Like

Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by Pekele007: 7:48am On Oct 18, 2018
hucienda:
Are primaries of political parties in any democratic setting meant to be an election or hereditary (like in a monarchy)?

If they are hereditary, people like Obama and Trump would never have become presidential nominees of the Democratic and Republican parties in the USA during their nomination fight in the primaries that produced them in '08 and '16 respectively.
Read up the post first.
Re: APGA Primary, A Monumental Embarrassment – Ojukwu by Trouble1: 7:48am On Oct 18, 2018
ngadaAwo:
but when Obiano was carrying here like hand bag to campaign just to get votes with ojukwu factor he no know say na Enugu woman.

If I'm this lady I'll carry my fortunes of ojukwu and go and re marry
she's too young for all these claptrap
Why are you so insecure? cheesy
You’re going around quoting people. Lmao
Pele o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Falae: There Is No Provision For Zoning In Nigerian Constitution / FBI takes over UN bombing investigations, sidelines Police, SSS / Suntai’s Aides Return From German Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.