Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Peter Obi Reacts To Reports Southeast Govs Working Against Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Reacts To Reports Southeast Govs Working Against Him (359 Views)

China Reacts To Reports Of Funding Terror Groups In Nigeria. / Peter Obi Reacts After Young Man Carved A Photo Of His Face On His Head (Video) / Aloy Ejimakor Reacts To Reports Of UK Designating Of IPOB As A Terror Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Reacts To Reports Southeast Govs Working Against Him by melanch(m): 8:49am On Oct 18, 2018
Vice Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Peter Obi, has dismissed reports that South-East governors and leaders in the region are against his candidature.

The former governor of Anambra State was reacting to alleged opposition to his emergence as a running mate to former Vice President Atiku Abubakar.

Speaking during a visit to the site of last Friday’s pipeline fire that killed scores of residents of Umuimo and Umuadoro communities in Osisioma Ngwa LGA, he stated that he has spoken to leaders in the Senate including Ike Ekweremmadu, Enyinnaya Abaribe, Theodore Orji, Sam Egwu and others.

Obi said: “For us, what is important is to rebuild the South-East, to rebuild Nigeria. What we need is to talk about how to create jobs, how to make Nigeria better for the citizens.

“Let me thank Gov. Ikpeazu for what he is doing. Governance is about the people feeling you. It is about moving around, seeing it for yourself.
“When we came this morning, he could have said “well, listen I am busy” and stayed back in his office but he came around with us. He has been to those places.

“He has listened to the people and I assure you that whatever he said today he will do will be practicalized. It is not a question of wishing. So we are all working as a team.

“You know in politics, we need to ask for more. That consultation will be asking for more.

https://newsdey.com/2018/10/peter-obi-southeast-govs-working-him/

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Reports Southeast Govs Working Against Him by wolverine1987: 8:58am On Oct 18, 2018
hmmmm
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Reports Southeast Govs Working Against Him by mbaboy(m): 9:00am On Oct 18, 2018
Incoming Vice President I salute u. Atikulating no time for BMC

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna South Still On Total 24 Hrs Lockdown / Remove Saraki / See Drama Between Northern Youths Leaders Forum And Southeast Leaders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.