Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,702 members, 7,820,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London (40968 Views)

Peter Obi Speaks On Petrol Subsidy / Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others / Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London by akdjr(m): 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2018
So no Igbo/IPOB is talking of Nnamdi Kanu whereabout or Biafra again? Now what they want is to become VP in the Zoo.
Re: Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London by gare(f): 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2018
obailala:
Are you aware there are videos of the statement being made online and he clearly never mentioned "in Nigeria"? So why exactly are you attacking a person for going by the original statement?

Do you have the video, you guys just sit down and start interpreting every word, is it out of joblessness, I tire for una
Re: Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London by mushystuff: 3:55pm On Oct 18, 2018
Aufbauh:
There's nothing wrong if you own a house in London if you can afford it, but lying to us that you only own a house in Onitsha is mischievous and unacceptable.

Those houses are dumb declared in his assets declaration form which is public knowledge. It's not his fault that y'all couldn't conduct simple research.
Re: Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London by bigpicture001: 3:56pm On Oct 18, 2018
do u know peter obi never stopped donating to promote excellence.? also he also kept donating to victims of disaster..when I say. "keep donating " I min nonstop since he stepped down from.office
Re: Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London by Amumaigwe: 4:28pm On Oct 18, 2018
obailala:
This is the simple point. There's no law anywhere in the world which prevents a wealthyman from owning as many houses as he wants anywhere in the world. But coming to the public to claim you only have a house in onitsha was an unnecessary lie.

What exactly did the person you guys quoted say wrong?... The statement by Obi was made in public and there are videos of it everywhere. He clearly said he only had a house in onitsha, he never alluded directly or indirectly that he was referring to Nigeria only; as a matter of fact, in the same speech, he actually talked about his friends asking him to buy houses in the US and South Africa and his response was that "it would be madness to have a house in a place he doesn't live."

Funny how sentiments and desperation can make people fling objectivity. You guys should take a chill pill and stop sweating; at least nobody anywhere laid any allegation that he stole the money, Obi still remains a candidate to beat.

Bros shut your mouth up. Foolish propaganda mercenary. Listen to the video again, he included a clause you chose not to hear: 'in Nigeria'
Re: Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London by Amumaigwe: 4:30pm On Oct 18, 2018
obailala:

I hate this argument because almost everyone involved is sentimental and emotional, so objectivity is scarce. But let me just assume some people can still be objective.

Obi did not say Onitsha was the only place he owned a house in Nigeria; rather he said the only place he owned a house was Onitsha. In the same interview, he also explained how he turned down the request of friends to buy houses in south Africa and the US because he believed it was 'madness' to own houses in places he doesn't live. There are about 2 different events where he made the same statement and the videos are online. This episode of denial or appending "in Nigeria" are totally unnecessary and ridiculous. If there's anything, at least no one has accused him of stealing any money, but the fact remains that his statement about owning a house only in Onitsha was an unnecessary lie.

You guys like for a living. Post the video or be shamed.
Re: Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London by Amumaigwe: 4:31pm On Oct 18, 2018
obailala:
Are you aware there are videos of the statement being made online and he clearly never mentioned "in Nigeria"? So why exactly are you attacking a person for going by the original statement?

Post your own video and stop talking balderdash.
Re: Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
Donald95:
Odogwu Nwoke! I ga adị

Obi is a self made billionaire even B4 politics. He is an expert in management, Unlike other politicians,he doesn't believe in wasting resources on irrelevant things. That made him Channel the little he had to build massive flourishing business today. It is his money so anyhow he wants to spend it is totally up to him. Gossipers go and get your own money.

Abeg let's take a poll now for clarification

SHARE if you are from SS or SE and will vote for Atiku no matter what.

LIKE if you are not from SS or SE and will vote for Atiku.

let's begin
No single Chance for Zombies to express themselves.
Re: Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London by obailala(m): 5:13pm On Oct 18, 2018
Amumaigwe:

Post your own video and stop talking balderdash.
Amumaigwe:

You guys like for a living. Post the video or be shamed.
Amumaigwe:

Bros shut your mouth up. Foolish propaganda mercenary. Listen to the video again, he included a clause you chose not to hear: 'in Nigeria'
gare:

Do you have the video, you guys just sit down and start interpreting every word, is it out of joblessness, I tire for una
I'm sure both of you haven't made any attempt to watch the short video which is all over the internet, but you rather just choose to just insult people because you were probably brought up to see insulting people as an honorable thing to do.

This is a very short video of less than 3 minutes. I understand some people have a problem affording internet data, so if that's the case for you guys, just forward to 01:50 cos that's where he made the statement. If you can bother to watch the full 3 mins video, you would also hear where he mentioned that it would be madness for him to own houses in places he doesn't live.

Get some manner, you don't know who I am and I don't know who you guys are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzdppdP6SrY
Re: Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London by oriyomi56: 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2018
Go back to nursery class and learn how to read
Re: Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London by oriyomi56: 5:35pm On Oct 18, 2018
There's nothing wrong if you own a house in London if you can afford it, but lying to us that you only own a house in Onitsha is mischievous and unaccepta[color=#006600][/color]

Go back to nursery class and learn how to read
Re: Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London by lexy2014: 9:05pm On Oct 18, 2018
edupedia:

...who cares whether u are Berom or Fulani?..we shall not allow thieves back...whether their houses are in Siberia or in Antarctica...
what did peter obi steal?
Re: Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London by venus080(m): 9:16pm On Oct 18, 2018
teekay213:
Even if he owns houses in Germany USA Dubai Canada Singapore and even on the moon

Come 2019 I'm atikulating!

I'm proud Yoruba with brain.
Never seen anybody have that much likes before
Re: Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London by Rhea(f): 5:30am On Oct 19, 2018
itsdumebi:
@POLITICSNGR

The Vice Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the 2019 elections, Mr. Peter Obi, has clarified that he never at any time claimed that he had no house in London.

His Special adviser, Mr. Valentine Obienyem, made the clarification yesterday while reacting to what he described as false stories being spread online by Obi’s detractors that he lied about owning houses in London.

Obienyem said: “During several media programmes, Mr. Peter Obi said Onitsha was the only place he owned a personal house in Nigeria.

“In an attempt to discredit him, some people are posting his London houses as the much-awaited evidence that he lied.

“First, let it be noted that the issue of having a personal house only in Onitsha is a matter of choice. If his lifestyle supports love for houses, Obi can afford to have houses in the 36 states of Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

“As for his London houses, it might interest the public to note that he bought his first house in London in 1987. All the houses he owned in London were purchased before he became governor of Anambra State and were all duly declared.”

Obienyem advised Nigerians and the international community “to disregard false stories being fabricated by Obi’s detractors who are clutching at straws in their vain bid to demonize Obi, whom he described as a proven performer and lover of the masses who is well known for his forthrightness and integrity.

https://politicsngr.com/just-peter-obi-finally-opens-owning-houses-london/

Re: Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London by Mayor06(m): 12:51pm On Oct 19, 2018
Carlyscales:

Stop all theses theatrics n post d link of d video for verifications ok
Listen Dude I'm gonna post that Video for verification.
Re: Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London by Mayor06(m): 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2018
Mayor06:
Listen Dude I'm gonna post that Video for verification.

Re: Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London by partnerbizz5(f): 4:04pm On Jul 06, 2019
patricknz:
Chai!This 1 is daft. Incapable simple Comprehension. ��‍♂️

Can't access pm
Contact us on the no below.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Potable Visits MC Oluomo, Declares Support For Tinubu (Video) / Portraits Of Nigeria's Presidents From Independence (1960-2013) Till Date. / Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.