Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:18 AM

Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos (43112 Views)

Bukola Saraki Reacts To Bulkachuwa's Comment About His Wife / Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others / Saraki Reacts To Peter Obi's Performance At VP Debate. Ogundamisi Laughs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Adeitanajoke(f): 11:32am On May 12, 2019
Senate president, Saraki reacts as Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), over the seizure of some of his residential houses located in the Ikoyi area of Lagos.

The EFCC is investigating Saraki’s earnings during his time as governor of Kwara state. Saraki governed the state between 2003 and 2011 before proceeding to the senate.

But the senate president has maintained that the action of the EFCC was a witch-hunt and “only reinforced our earlier stated position that their current investigation is mischievous.”

A statement by Yusuph Olaniyonu, special adviser (media and publicity) to the senate president, read: “Our attention has been drawn to the fact that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has marked certain property belonging to Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, obviously under the claim that they are subject of investigation.

“The action of the EFCC only reinforced our earlier stated position that their current investigation is mischievous, contrary to the tenets of the rule of law and only aimed at settling scores. This position is founded on the fact that these same buildings were the subject of earlier investigations by the EFCC as well as the case initiated by the Federal Government at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.

“Also, the case went all the way to the highest court in our country, the Supreme Court of Nigeria. In that case, Saraki was discharged and acquitted because the courts believe the government has no case.”

https://www.everyvibes.com.ng/2019/05/saraki-reacts-as-efcc-seizes-sarakis-houses-marks-others-in-lagos.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9373904_bukolasaraki_jpeg2e489e5c5050d96617d93428016a22af

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Adeitanajoke(f): 11:36am On May 12, 2019
Interesting
Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by CliffDike(m): 11:36am On May 12, 2019
While it's not out of place for EFCC to investigate known corrupt elements like Saraki; it is clear to discerning minds that EFCC under Magu has out rightly turned partisan.
Many petitions have been submitted to EFCC on several occasions against Oshiomhole and Amaechi, till today EFCC has not deemed it necessary to investigate such petitions.

Nigeria CAN'T make "noticeable" and "sustainable" progress if government officials continue to be stronger than government institutions.

192 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by JasonScoolari: 11:37am On May 12, 2019
grin

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by wingmanII: 12:03pm On May 12, 2019
Had GEJ exercised his powers like this, I am sure there will be no APC today. Honestly, Jonathan doomed PDP.

197 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by GreyLaw(m): 12:14pm On May 12, 2019
Of course most Nigerian politicians are crooks. My only question is why EFCC would seize houses that the Supreme court had investigated before and deemed okay?

Is Magu not becoming a mad man?

Well, I don't pity anybody but due process should be followed.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 12, 2019
wingmanII:
Had GEJ exercised his powers like this, I am sure there will be no APC today. Honestly, Jonathan doomed PDP.
GEJ did more bro. In fact, this was copied from him.
Ask about what they did to Amaechi when he was the governor of Rivers State, What they did to APC Lagos Secretariat, NGF election result was disregarded, how 5 lawmakers claimed superiority over 27 in Rivers State, Ekiti gate saga and the 8 lawmakers who impeached the speaker who had more on his side and how they were chased out of the state by Fayose who was backed by the federal government, what about the former speaker that was almost impeached through the back door, what about the dss attack on Tinubu, what about the EFCC attack on Ibori who was opposing GEJ...There are more that I can't even count because they are too much.
You people should stop making Jonathan look like someone different from other politicians because his government strengthened this madness that has been increased by the APC today.

No saint in politics after all.

141 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by LuciferAkbar: 12:34pm On May 12, 2019
YES. grin

I told Saraki to dash me one of his three houses at MacDonald Road but he refused & blocked me.
Now see what's happening.

Ntooorrrr Saraki. grin
hehe

*spits angry

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:48pm On May 12, 2019
Saraki nothing do you.

The Nigerian youths and Kwara people are solidly behind you in this trying times. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Bimpeusman: 4:54pm On May 12, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by FastShipping: 5:09pm On May 12, 2019
kingkakaone:

Ask about what they did to Amaechi when he was the governor of Rivers State, What they did to APC Lagos Secretariat, NGF election result was disregarded, how 5 lawmakers claimed superiority over 27 in Rivers State, Ekiti gate saga and the 8 lawmakers who impeached the speaker who had more on his side and how they were chased out of the state by Fayose who was backed by the federal government, what about the former speaker that was almost impeached through the back door, what about the dss attack on Tinubu, what about the EFCC attack on Ibori who was opposing GEJ...There are more that I can't even count because they are too much.
You people should stop making Jonathan look like someone different from other politicians because his government strengthened this madness that has been increased by the APC today.

Thanks for pointing out facts to the clown trying to re-write history. Too many of these clowns on nairaland defending that useless and clueless jonadunce.

49 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 12, 2019
Naija corruption na die!! angry! Sure if heaven and hell truly dey

Naija na Hell cry, god will assemble every sinner in the world for naija to serve their eternity journey lipsrsealed

angry
Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by yomalex(m): 10:22pm On May 12, 2019
O serious gan

Bulk SMS Service with DND Delivery

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by rusher14: 10:22pm On May 12, 2019
O to ge for Saraki.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by prudentsolution: 10:23pm On May 12, 2019
kingkakaone:

Dss attack on Tinubu

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Titto93(m): 10:24pm On May 12, 2019
As usual, FG, EFCC will fail
Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by kemmylove101: 10:25pm On May 12, 2019
kingkakaone:

you are right my brother. is it that pple have short memory or what. how can they forget so quick all the atrocities committed by gej
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiRhZT995biAhUOPVAKHbKoBmAQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fthenationonlineng.net%2Fsoldiers-lay-siege-tinubus-home-imo-govt-house%2F&psig=AOvVaw1n5vp7gzFlzDpUtHjNSwre&ust=1557782985478178

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by RZArecta2(m): 10:26pm On May 12, 2019
So these same properties were investigated up to Supreme Court level when Saraki was recently under trial, he was discharged and acquitted but the almajiri herdsman running EFCC aka Magu sent his terrorist thugs to come out and fool themselves again. There’s nothing more to say again, the judiciary has been fockèd up badly, Nigeria is running on a rudderless auto pilot and so any damn nonsense can happen without anybody shaking. Only the useless APC zombies who’ll be happy but the country shall reap the rewards of this maladministration sooner than later

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 12, 2019
prudentsolution:

Dss attack on Tinubu
Army surrounding his home, not DSS. That's a mistake.

7 Likes

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by fredoooooo: 10:29pm On May 12, 2019
Seize him himself, jail him ... bloody bastard our societie money still fresh for my memory , omo ole

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by TempleHouse: 10:29pm On May 12, 2019
The dull man who atrained the highest office in Nigeria despite his well educated constituency.
Only in Nigeria !
Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by jaxxy(m): 10:30pm On May 12, 2019
wingmanII:

I think all corrupt politicians on both political sides need a reality check cos they a destroying this country and they know it.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by CalabarPikin: 10:35pm On May 12, 2019
I dare the mother fuckers called EFCC to probe my former governor @Duke...

.....they was a man called magu will be d heading..
Let me stop dey for now...
Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Charly68: 10:37pm On May 12, 2019
Saraki used his position to reject magu & the later is showing the former pepper for his action..they will soon settle out of court ..Honestly Magu's boys aren't professional enough ..Look at the way they fumble in major media celebrated cases in court..I see them as media jokers .

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 10:37pm On May 12, 2019
FastShipping:

Thanks for pointing out facts to the clown trying to re-write history. Too many of these clowns on nairaland defending that useless and clueless jonadunce.

How different are they from the dimwitted ones that see Buhari as a saint that can do no wrong??!... Hypocrisy has no favorites...

8 Likes

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by globalresource: 10:48pm On May 12, 2019
Partisan Politics everywhere

The person we thought will change this country for good is only there clamping down on oppositions

I spit on Buhari undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by 3rdavefarms(m): 10:51pm On May 12, 2019
Game of the Throne

kingkakaone:

Exactly my point Ogun kill Jona

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos by SEONaijaExpert: 10:52pm On May 12, 2019
There's no rocket science in this. Saraki's 3 musketeers were arrested by EFCC last months and nothing happens in Kwara without his knowledge.

I knew he would be linked and it would come down to him, it was just a matter of time.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Orders Immediate Payment Of N30,000 Minimum Wage / Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm / Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.