Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,044 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others (39846 Views)

Saraki Reacts As EFCC Seizes His Houses, Marks Others In Lagos / Peter Obi Speaks On His Houses In London / Toyin Saraki Celebrates Husband's Victory With Christian Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by fergie001: 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2020
After 5th Victory Against EFCC, Saraki Thanks Judiciary, Family, Colleagues, Friends, Associates

1. Today, as always, I thank Almighty Allah as I welcome the judgement of the Federal High Court, Lagos, by the Honorable Justice Rilwan M. Aikawa in which the court dismissed in its totality the application by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for a forfeiture order on my home in Ilorin, Kwara State. I am particularly happy that the court specifically ruled that there was no evidence that the property was built with any illicit or stolen funds from the Kwara State Government or any other institution or quarter, whatsoever.

2. The last five years have been very challenging for me and my family. I have endured and defeated one false allegation and malicious litigation after another, in an ill-motivated persecution, intimidation and harassment, through which some vested interests sought to damage my name and label me with charges of corruption but with the grace of Allah, I have always been victorious. I thank God for the outcome of this case which is the fifth victory in cases in which the EFCC was either the main investigating agency or the plaintiff.

3. It is obvious that the EFCC leadership under its erstwhile acting chair, Mr. Ibrahim Mustapha Magu decided to take the issue of his non-confirmation by the 8th Senate which I led, personally. However, I know that the Senate under my leadership only followed the due and normal procedure during the confirmation process and we never executed any personal agenda against Magu. The records of the Senate during the period is there for the perusal of all Nigerians interested in the truth.

4. I hope that with the outcome of today’s case, the EFCC learns that a serious issue like the fight against corruption should not be reduced to a forum-shopping means to execute a personal vendetta or prosecute a parochial agenda. Fighting corruption and combating economic crime requires stakeholders to eschew coercion while employing upright diligence, due process, fairness, equity and broad mindedness in dealing with all cases and persons.

5. The deployment of a state institution to fight a personal and partisan battle, particularly with the use of the mass and social media as championed by the EFCC was aimed at inflicting damage to my name, reputation and elective public service record through a targeted misinformation and disinformation campaign of calumny, also directed at intimidating the judiciary. It was directed at giving the wrong impression about me. As I record yet another vindication by the competent court of law, God’s willing, my focus will now shift to more serious issues.

6. It is the grace of Allah and the support of my family that saw me through these past trying years. My family members have withstood with courage, candor, resilience and grace the war of attrition which was also directed at them. I thank all of them. Let me also express appreciation to my supporters across the country, particularly those in Kwara State, my colleagues in the 8th Senate, my friends, associates and lawyers for standing by me all through the period of the travails.

7. It is important to put it on record that I hold no grudge against any individual for their roles in my trials. My experience in the last five years has only strengthened my faith in Almighty Allah, the Nigerian nation and her judiciary which has always risen above the din to give justice at all times and in all situation. Definitely, I remain unflinching in my belief that we need to build a functional society which creates the right atmosphere for all to aspire to be whatever positive they desire.

8. At this point, let me strongly express my support for the anti-corruption war and the institutions created to prosecute this war. My antecedents show that I have always sponsored and backed initiatives in this direction. I was part of the team that initiated the enactment of the Fiscal Responsibility Act and Public Procurement Act under the Obasanjo administration. As Governor of Kwara State, my government was the first state to introduce the Price Intelligence Unit and was also the first state to submit our financial process for rating by Fitch, the global rating agency. As a member of the 7th Senate, I sponsored the motion which exposed the monumental fraud in fuel subsidy payments while the 8th Senate under my leadership passed five different bills aimed at strengthening the fight against corruption, particularly the law that created the National Financial Intelligence Agency (NFIA).

9. With today’s decision of the Court, it is my expectation that the EFCC, which has played significant roles in the various court cases against me from the CCT to Supreme Court and back at the Federal High Court with the consequent media trial and malicious campaigns, will now leave me alone to live my life, and enjoy my unfettered rights to freedom of thought, expression, association, occupation and dignity, as a private citizen and focus on serious issues of national development.

10. Thank you, all.

Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki
13th President of the Senate and Board Chair,
The Africa Politeia Institute, TAPI.

https://abubakarbukolasaraki.com/home/about/opinions/opinions-after-5th-victory-against-efcc-saraki-thanks-judiciary-family-colleagues-friends-associates/

32 Likes

Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 17, 2020
You're welcome sir cool

51 Likes

Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by inoki247: 1:00pm On Jul 17, 2020
All dem EFCC needs to go for some training and learn aw to win a case or make dem go buy past questions from FBI na so dem lose Tompolo case everything na just to dey shout for media to see Madueke Extradite e hard dem..

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by RedNStripes(f): 1:19pm On Jul 17, 2020
Why not if Magu too was eating the stolen yam.

17 Likes

Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ride on Sen. Saraki

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by oluwaseyi0: 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
Buhari fight against corruption is dead on arrival, he keep fighting opposition alone while sparing his own party thieves, even have the audacity to raise the banaringa-dollar man's hand

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by sylve11: 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
All right.... cool
Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by bencarson007(m): 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
This country is messed up... If those properties are legitly and legally gotten, then this is a victory for the judiciary and democracy...

This current administration have been on a revenge mission against perceived enemies... God no go shame us...

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by gurunlocker: 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
The man that sees what Bubu didn't.... Political fight or blackmail is very dangerous in naija, just like a manhunt using power.

7 Likes

Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by maberry(m): 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
Thieves
You are one of the problems of this country

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by DonFreshmoney(m): 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
This guy houses that's undeclared is more than the declared ones

His house in Jabi Abuja close to shoprite is so beautiful. Dude even has ABS name statue in his compound. Man has looted kwara and Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by omenka(m): 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
Oh, so the judiciary is no longer corrupt and an arm of APC.

These politicians ehn.

Fellas, as we go about supporting one crook or another, nicknamed politician, let's bear these in mind:

1. Nobody has our interests.

2. Dealing with politicians is like sleeping with tigers; you must always have your eyes wide open.

3. In any political situation, there's always someone being used. If you can't find that person, then it is probably you.

4. Serving politicians is like being a bandage on a wound. Once the wound is healed your usefulness expires. Politicians don't recognize and reward value they recognize their own needs and you are only as useful as the lifespan of their need for you.

6. In politics never wail more than the bereaved. They will get the reward while you inherit their enemies.

7. Never cross oceans for politicians; you will drown and the best they will do is give a benevolent speech at your burial, lie to your widow and children and eat your food. Politicians will never cross the streets for their foot soldiers.

I rest my case.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by fatymore(f): 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ok oooo.

They have settled out of court
Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by tesppidd: 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
Houses and Cars.

And some people who haven't eaten for 2 days are hailing him...

Up Saraki
God bless Saraki

It is you that God needs to bless.

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by EngineerBode: 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
Saraki vs Magu Champions league final commentary

First half: Saraki refused to confirm Magu 1:0
Second half: Magu seizes Saraki properties illegally 1:1
Extra time first half: Magu driven from EFCC chair 2:1
Extra time second half: Properties returned to Saraki 3:1

Final score: Saraki FC 3 vs Magu Mumu Utd 1

42 Likes

Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
Time is coming when Buhari and all his APC looters will be held accountable. Power is transient...Time is coming!

8 Likes

Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by GODISABOVEDEVIL: 3:24pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ok .

NOTICE!____________The SUNDAYS EFFECTIVE PREACHERS ON Nairaland Should Please Start Preparing For This Forth Coming SUNDAY Preaching And Teaching,..We Want More Preaching,Unlike The Few We Have Been Reading These Days.
Thank You All.

#God is the Greatest.
#Jesus Christ Rules.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by composure: 3:24pm On Jul 17, 2020
The jack Bauer in the 8th senate

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 17, 2020
Duh!Why is he thanking allah? undecided
Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by ekestic1976(f): 3:24pm On Jul 17, 2020
No sensible Nigerian youth should clap for this! One day, Senator Saraki and the others like him shall have to explain the work they did that gave them this much wealth, whilst many of their obviously more hardworking compatriots are wallowing in poverty and misery. I don't begrudge them their "good fortune"; I'm only wondering what kind of children would inherent all these wealth that would not be killed by boredom, i. e. having all they would need in life without lifting a hand to hardwork. In any case, how much does a man need in wealth to be satisfied?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by EmmaOgbu(m): 3:24pm On Jul 17, 2020
Magu has really tarnished the image of EFCC and in large the image Nigeria.

Your are welcome my senator
Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by oluwaseunamos33(m): 3:25pm On Jul 17, 2020
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. despite we all know saraki is international thief, he still won the case. all is well. continue, one day shal be one day

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by Blaze232(m): 3:25pm On Jul 17, 2020
Power is sweet ooo..congratulations big man. So happy u fought and won
Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by Anyiamaka: 3:25pm On Jul 17, 2020
Thief!!!

Nigeria is in trouble
Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by Lawsaite: 3:25pm On Jul 17, 2020
V
Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by MrFixIt007: 3:25pm On Jul 17, 2020
Why were they seized before? Are they now saying they were in wronglyy seized? Oh that he actually bought them all with the money he worked for and earned? Keep deceiving ursefz. We are watching. Evil begat evil
Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by realstars: 3:26pm On Jul 17, 2020
Him And His Properties Are Free,
Re: Saraki Celebrates Victory Over Return Of His Houses. Thanks Judiciary, others by Tonimax: 3:26pm On Jul 17, 2020
Baba cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Reaction To The 9billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance On Twitter / Dakuku Peterside Rivers State APC Governorship Candidate Seats In Front Of INEC / Witnesses Absent As INEC Defence Of Tinubu’s Victory Starts On Shaky Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.