Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar (17042 Views)

Nigerian Law School Releases 2021 Results: 1,326 Fail Bar Exam / Don Davis: Deeper Life High School Releases Statement On Molested Student (Video / Lizzy Didn't Attend Vivian Fowler - School Releases Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by CJERRYEMILEX(m): 8:22pm On Oct 18, 2018
Nigerian Law School Releases Aug 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar, As 161 Candidates Bag First Class

The Nigerian Law School has recorded for the first time in history, the highest number of candidates graded in the first class honour, and of course, the highest number of success rate.

TheNigerialawyer (TNL), gathered from the Result Sheet dated the 17th day of October 2018, and signed by the Director General of the Nigerian Law School, Prof. Isa Hayatu Chiroma, SAN, that a total number of 161 candidates bagged the first class honour.

In an exam participated by 5,846 candidates, 4,633 emerged victorious as successful candidates indicating that 79.25% passed which is approximately 80% of the pass rate.

The result shows that 218 (3.73%) had conditional pass, with 965 (16.15%) candidates failing the bar finals, while a total of 30 candidates which is just 0.51%, being absent.

In other categories, 695 candidates (11.88%) were graded in the Second Class Upper Division, while 1,276 (21.83%) were graded in the Second Class Lower Division. A total number of 2, 501 (42.78%) were also graded with Pass as released.

The result, without doubt, shows that the 2018 Bar Finals Results is the best ever in the History of the Nigerian Law School. Recall that this is the first bar finals examination for a session ever conducted by the current Director General of the Nigerian Law School, Prof. Isa Hayatu Chiroma, SAN.

The call to bar ceremony has been therefore fixed for the 27th, 28th and 29th day of November 2018, following the change of date for the ceremony as announced by the Distinguished Body of Benchers in a notice released earlier this month.

TheNigerialawyer (TNL) therefore congratulates the soon-to-be-called wigs, as they warm themselves up as prospective gentlemen of the bar.

https://thenigerialawyer.com/nigerian-law-school-releases-aug-2018-results-sets-dates-for-call-to-bar-as-161-candidates-bag-first-class/

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by iamdrfresh: 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2018
congrats to them
I do however think that the number of law graduates should be regulated

too many jobless lawyers nowadays

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by CJERRYEMILEX(m): 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2018
Congrats to all the Legal Lions from UNN, you guys are making us pround and indeed we are proud to be Legal Lions,UNN rocks.

from the Result public universities is still the best.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by HigherEd: 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2018
Wow congrats to all of them
Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by InansBobo(m): 8:59pm On Oct 18, 2018
Congrats to them. Two of my cousins are among them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by nickvanilla(m): 9:07pm On Oct 18, 2018
Passing bar finals is not an easy task at all. Congratulations to all the graduants! Go and change the world for good.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by Racoon(m): 9:32pm On Oct 18, 2018
Great feat attained there.Congrats all.Guess these are the generation of lawyer that will restore the sanity of the judiciary.
Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by Righteousness89(m): 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
I just Watched Lai Mohammed giving a Speech In Chantam House United Kingdom on FAKE NEWS..

And He Lied blatantly on tv that the killings in Nigeria, the burning of Places of Worship up north is Herdsmen and farmers clashes and not a religious war!!

He talked about Fake news , yet the same them peddle out a Fake news of Forbes endorsing Nigeria as Africa best Economy. Despite nothing linking Forbes to dt!!

May the Same Farmers , Herdsmen clashes Locate LAI Mohammed and as many that keep lying about the Killings in the North central!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by Racoon(m): 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
Great feat attained there.Congrats all.Guess these are the generation of lawyer that will restore the sanity of the judiciary.

CJERRYEMILEX:
Congrats to all the Legal Lions from UNN, you guys are making us pround and indeed we are proud to be Legal Lions,UNN rocks.From the Result public universities is still the best.
You're damn correct man.Law as well as Pharmacy & Medicine in UNN is no beans.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by JailBreaker(m): 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
k

Free Scholarship In Canada - University Of Ottawa Fullfunded Undergraduate And Postgraduate International Student Scholarship

Apply Now: http://studydegreehq..com/2018/09/university-ottawa-experience-scholarships.html
Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by watchwoman(f): 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2018
Wow..this is good..hope it will remain like this next year

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by Aston02(m): 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2018
Please what will happen to someone with a "conditional pass"? Does that meam the person has to retake law school or the particular course he/she failed? There was a reference to PLP on the sheet, and there was no date for call to bar/screening. Please, I need clarification. Thanks in advance.
Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2018
Congratulations to all graduands ..... Joining u soon

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by lekkxydinho: 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2018
Congrats.
Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by TheBlessedMAN: 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2018
Awnn.. This post ushered a very sad memory to my brain. A brother of mine, Quadri Olaniran , a first class student of Ife university , also a former president of IfeLaw, died last year, just three weeks to his call to bar.

9 years of higher institutional study vanished just like that.

To all the lucky ones graduating this year, Congrats to you guys. May Jah continue to keep you safe.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2018
Nigerian System has reduced the integrity of this profession.... Who can respect lawyers when BuBu refused court orders and promote internal corruption

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by Dailymemoirs: 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2018
Charge and bail committee grin grin
Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by GreatestA1(m): 9:44pm On Oct 18, 2018
DELSU produced 5 of the first class! kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by Smile4daddy(m): 9:44pm On Oct 18, 2018
[quote author=nickvanilla post=72210569]Passing bar finals is not an easy task at all. Congratulations to all the graduants! Go and change the world for good.[/quote)
Change the world with lies right?
Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by KENFERDYOORI(m): 9:45pm On Oct 18, 2018
Soon the law will be put in your hands, always try to bend it towards justice. Congrats!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by frankIzuchukwu(m): 9:49pm On Oct 18, 2018
another set of jobless youth.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by jhubril(m): 9:52pm On Oct 18, 2018
Congratulations to me . I made it! Class of 2018!! Lagos Campus.
I'm the newest lawyer in town. Allah has done it for me!

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by jhubril(m): 9:54pm On Oct 18, 2018

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by Titugirl(f): 10:05pm On Oct 18, 2018
jhubril:

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by madgoat(m): 10:07pm On Oct 18, 2018
CJERRYEMILEX:
Congrats to all the Legal Lions from UNN, you guys are making us pround and indeed we are proud to be Legal Lions,UNN rocks.

from the Result public universities is still the best.

Mumu....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by Bellgal: 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2018
Congratulations to my brother Utioh. We are proud of u.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by InansBobo(m): 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2018
TheBlessedMAN:
Awnn.. This post ushered a very sad memory to my brain. A brother of mine, Quadri Olaniran , a first class student of Ife university , also a former president of IfeLaw, died last year, just three weeks to his call to bar.

9 years of higher institutional study vanished just like that.

To all the lucky ones graduating this year, Congrats to you guys. May Jah continue to keep you safe.
he spent 9yrs instead of 6 yrs?
Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by Asour: 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2018
iamdrfresh:
congrats to them
I do however think that the number of law graduates should be regulated

too many jobless lawyers nowadays
Yeah, but not just Law. Most professions undergo booms and busts based primarily on demand and supply.
Some professions tend to feel very special in their boom times instead of realizing that these things are based —generally— on D & S and can be cyclical.
I feel it'll be worse though, if the demand for labour outstrips supply in this case. Neither situations is desirable but I think this is preferable.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by goldbergg: 10:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
[quote author=Aston02 post=72211215]Please what will happen to someone with a "conditional pass"? Does that meam the person has to retake law school or the particular course he/she failed? There was a reference to PLP on the sheet, and there was no date for call to bar/screening. Please, I need clarification. Thanks in advance.[/quote

It means u ve to take property law practice I guess. U failed the course.sorry about that..good luck

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Releases August 2018 Results, Sets Dates For Call To Bar by goldbergg: 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2018
frankIzuchukwu:
another set of jobless youth.

And you are very stupid. Is it a must to talk.. not everybody will settle for less like you.. let em enjoy their victory, it is not an easy process.

Go put ur mouth in some other poo nimwit

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Post Utme MUST Be Scrapped Completely (5 Reasons) / 2017 UTME: How To Confirm Your JAMB UTME 2017 Registration / 44 Kano Students Sponsored By Kwankwaso Graduate From Al Mansoura University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.