Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos (55287 Views)

Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition / Anambra School, Mater Amabilis Secondary School Umuoji Wins SAGE Competition / 10 Dogs Owned By Anambra School Proprietor Feast On 2yrs Old Prospective Pupil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by musicwriter(m): 11:02am On Oct 19, 2018
Anambra teachers are the best!. There's definitely something they know that others don't know. But what it would take to advance those technologies is huge investment in research and development or unfortunately, a period of war.

1 Like

Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by tartar9(m): 11:15am On Oct 19, 2018
Generator that runs on water As usual,these ipob pigs are scamming igboid fools as usual
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by dontbothermuch: 11:20am On Oct 19, 2018
Osaroman:
there should be a pump there powered by a battery. highly impractical for energy solution.

Yea
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by bleskid: 11:24am On Oct 19, 2018
sarrki:
Nigeria student not Anambra student
thank you
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by MallamJackson(m): 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2018
kernel001:

Please face the poorest region, where terrorism thrive.

Ok sir.

And it's "thrives" sir.

na gode~~
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by kernel001: 12:23pm On Oct 19, 2018
MallamJackson:

Ok sir.

And it's "thrives" sir.

na gode~~

Thrives... Present continuous. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by MallamJackson(m): 12:26pm On Oct 19, 2018
kernel001:

Thrives... Present continuous. Thanks.

Ba matsala.
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Konquest: 12:48pm On Oct 19, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Nigeria is a unique country in all ramifications, a country blessed with many natural resources in terms of smart and intelligent people that excel in their chosen career.

According to Emeka Okoye who is part of the convener and a tech enthusiast, a village school in Akwa in Anambra State has broken the norm to emerge as one of the most gifted sets of kids ever seen. The school was said to be located in a typical village with no access to internet, computers, and electricity, they have made some amazing and interesting discovery, part of a village school innovation that has never heard "STEM" or "JETS" are:

1. Electricity Generator powered by water
2.Waste Digester
3.Torch from potatoes.
4. Rocket Launcher

The generator generates 610 watts of electricity and it has been tested for about 5 hours, the most amazing thing about this generator is that it is powered by water, a discovery that none has ever discovered ever in the world. The digester breaks waste including plastics into different useful and valuable components that can be used by for other things, they also make locally made batteries from discarded Dettol bottles. Each cell generates more than 3 watts of electricity. These are some of their works that are showcase for the exhibition.

1. A generator that runs on pure water generates and generates 610watts of power.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-gpCfRHd9vCg/W8khTmyh0LI/AAAAAAAAVLY/mb5Mo_sF0bMyq5wwDfbRb1yCXhkQ0fKCQCLcBGAs/s1600/a.jpg[/img]

This generator generates 610 watts of electricity and it has been tested for about 5 hours also this generator runs on pure water and generates 610watts of power.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-0EUtshstL4w/W8kh4pK6BtI/AAAAAAAAVLg/XusLYmYEt2o8c1mUtMho4MtTLekEb8iWQCLcBGAs/s640/a1.jpg[/img]

2. A Digester that breaks waste including plastics into different useful and valuable components that can be used by for other things.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-3GJKHIMe30w/W8ki-rl8MhI/AAAAAAAAVLs/pFSdqpuwakkEum4sJoqNDCh2ZbYpEyg8wCLcBGAs/s640/b1.jpg[/img]

This is a village made waste decomposer being made by the students.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-6crb-Qyt60A/W8ki-lEhLgI/AAAAAAAAVLo/jKqtRyPi0Isc-VYwMjtxkOInzppTVThvQCLcBGAs/s640/d.jpg[/img]

3. This is a rocket launcher from a village school

This rocket was made by the students from the village and interesting, it was sourced from a local material.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-eaOh2tWwUiA/W8klFjkMqOI/AAAAAAAAVL4/n35yl1K8tgwouXa5S2tzG93fxfB7dEJGQCLcBGAs/s1600/e.jpg[/img]

4. Locally made batteries from discarded Dettol bottles. Each cell generates more than 3 watts of electricity.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-8m989PhGlN0/W8klrO2mIrI/AAAAAAAAVMA/0JzxJlVrW0oc9An3xRT2--WFAo71PBAngCLcBGAs/s1600/f.jpg[/img]

Each of these village made batteries generate 2.33v of electricity. So that container has 23v in all.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-VHdZolqf0MA/W8kmADsXL8I/AAAAAAAAVMI/CY1m_2gv9QgIUdpPknLxP8ZfF2AnypcBQCLcBGAs/s640/f1.jpg[/img]

5. A torchlight powered by potatoes. It was made in a school that doesn't have beautiful classrooms.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-0jPeOi3yPsg/W8ks3Iv87bI/AAAAAAAAVMg/8E9H6YsMSQ0SfuQ1oXyndgmGqOhaFe7jACLcBGAs/s640/h.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-f0x--VJUpNg/W8ktBogF58I/AAAAAAAAVMk/_LLJ6LZY5R83h_u7E_GJCX8zox12fhzeQCLcBGAs/s640/h1.jpg[/img]

According to Mr. Okoye, the kids have never heard about the fourth industrial revolution. They have never even heard about the first one that says a lot about them, they definitely need to be groomed and catch young.

Credit: Emeka Okoye

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/10/anambra-school-children-made-generator.html

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
Innovation/Disruptive Technologies are very good... but I have
a quick observation to make!

Many of these inventions being replicated by some school kids
lately in Nigeriaand aided by their so-called teachers can be found
on YouTube.

Generating electricity from water has been in EXISTENSE
for decades and the US Navy has even generated electricity
from seawater.

It is NOT RIGHT TAKE CREDIT for inventions that are already
in the public domain.

This is how another group of secondary pupils in an elitist school in Lagos
claimed to have "first" invented a generator from urine. But commenters on
YouTube "busted" the story FROM Nigeria and showed that the invention is
decades old and first done by a white guy.

It is good to locally replicate technologies by school kids but
NOT to take credit for FIRST INVENTING THEM. This amounts to
a FRAUD!

Just my 2 cents!

1 Like

Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 19, 2018
Yes oh you know in secondary school when we use to do agriculture and they used to teach us the botanical names of plants eg carica papaya for pawpaw, the scientific name of ndi skull miners is afonjinus mellitus lipsrsealed
Guyman02:

Afonjinus Mellitus grin grin grin
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by mctfopt: 3:20pm On Oct 19, 2018
justice12000:

Hahaha...Afonjas and expo; want to see the inner workings to copy, hahaha

Well, I can see you are stuck in your little, tribalist world. I can't help you on that grin
People explain the working principle of their work. Go and check How Things Work. You will see thousands of devices and how they work. I'm only interested in the science and working principles. Some of us are above tribalism and other BS that small minds occupy their time with grin
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by mctfopt: 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2018
snowlord:
. I swear,thumbs up to these kids,but generator on water, what's the working principle?

I'm super curious to see how the system works. I like kids who think outside the box. Something worthy to celebrate in this era of Big Brother Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by vioment: 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2018
dontbothermuch:

Kudos to them.
But I don't think it's a mini turbine. Because a good amount of pressure would be needed to turn the blades. And the height of that generator can't achieve that. Without a reservoir, one needs to stand by the generator with a bag of pure water every 3 minutes.

Correct baba. You carry brain, I no know whether e large or small but you carry something.

In all honesty, I thought this is a stand alone project maybe battery assisted or something. I need more pictures to say more.

1 Like

Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 19, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Nobody on this thread bothered to ask how the water generator works ? Is the water being deployed to derive mechanical power or is the water being split to derive hydrogen as a fuel to power the generator? Nigerian need to be more curious

There's no point to ask.

Let them titilate each other with nonsense.

This is simply a scheme and fake.

1 Like

Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Powerexpert: 4:45pm On Oct 19, 2018
When I was in School, my Physics teacher told me that a Prof drove a car running on water and a demonstration was made at Nigeria's airport in the early 80s.
The man was later killed and all his work confiscated.
I looked for the paperwork but I no see am.
We just sink am like that, if you know you know.
EgunMogaji:

There's no point to ask.

Let them titilate each other with nonsense.

This is simply a scheme and fake.
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Boyooosa(m): 5:58pm On Oct 19, 2018
toprealman:
No such plan for now. Youths shout Atikulate and Sai Buhari as if our Messiah is in them!
Me n websurfer have bee in discussing in this same direction lately and its very sad...
WebSurfer:

Brother the point is, if we don’t start speaking up, online or offline to the people around us, how do we gradually recover from the mess ?

Although me have started started saying my mind o, either they like to reason with me or not znd some have started having a rethink over the whole thing. One is even an elderly person, ye was chanting atikulate and a #evenifatikuisamonster gang b4 but i was so surprised to see him sending old editorials condemning PDP. I thot it was a joke! I believe websurfer on that. It will work wih time, either now or later. These pple need to leave!

1 Like

Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2018
Powerexpert:
When I was in School, my Physics teacher told me that a Prof drove a car running on water and a demonstration was made at Nigeria's airport in the early 80s.
The man was later killed and all his work confiscated.
I looked for the paperwork but I no see am.
We just sink am like that, if you know you know.

All hogwash.

Snake oil stories.

I don't want to know nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Powerexpert: 6:09pm On Oct 19, 2018
grin
EgunMogaji:

All hogwash.

Snake oil stories.

I don't want to know nonsense.
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by WebSurfer(m): 6:11pm On Oct 19, 2018
Boyooosa:

Me n websurfer have bee in discussing in this same direction lately and its very sad...

Although me have started started saying my mind o, either they like to reason with me or not znd some have started having a rethink over the whole thing. He is even an elderly person, ye was chanting atikulate and a #evenifatikuisamonster gang b4 but pi was so surprise to see him sending old editorjals cpndemnig PDP. I thot it was a joke! I believe websurfer on that. It will work time, earner now or later. These pple need to leave!
Bless up bro.. with time people will start accepting truth the way it’s suppose to be

1 Like

Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Boyooosa(m): 6:19pm On Oct 19, 2018
WebSurfer:

Bless up bro.. with time people will start accepting truth the way it’s suppose to be
I believe you bro. Its difficult tho but the madness must stop!
My agenda is we should let them know that they both failed us and not credible enough to have a come back vote from us. If 70% of nigerians stick to this mindset, then we are good to go! I believe right person will definitely emerge...

1 Like

Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 19, 2018
Just a general advice to whom might use it.

I you are truly working on something that is as important as a generator that runs on water then you should keep it absolutely secret.

First thing is to get a patent. You can get a patent relatively easy by posting advert in local newspaper and stating what you are working on but not in specific detail before applying for the real patent.

Second, contact institutions like MIT in the USA and develop a relationship. This could be your way out based on research studies if it's found to be worthwhile.

Third, don't be used by publicity seeking locals who will ultimately use you and kill your dream in short order.

I don't believe that anyone is really running generator based on water, it's sheer hogwash. But if true then a mistake has been made by publicizing it this way.

I find it not impossible but highly improbable. I did see with my own eyes a Ford V8 engine that was running in California summer without any radiator in the engine bay. No water pump, nothing - we looked hard. The owner said he filled the water jackets with a solution that he personally developed. I saw it at exactly one show and never ever saw it again. I sincerely believe that he was murdered.
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by bankyblue(m): 6:59pm On Oct 19, 2018
kernel001:

Check when last your region beat Igbos in Education, sports, innovation and SMEs.

SMEs......that I can take.

Education!!!! shocked cool cool my brother stop that hero drink and face reality.....education in southeast is lost since the days of black and white tv.
My NYSC was in Eungu, Ezeagu lga...umunba community, so I have first hand information

And for sport I can see that in kelechi ihanacho....raise and fall, log in log out.

You people better face business and have rest of mind
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by toprealman: 7:08pm On Oct 19, 2018
Boyooosa:

Although me have started started saying my mind o, either they like to reason with me or not znd some have started having a rethink over the whole thing. One is even an elderly person, ye was chanting atikulate and a #evenifatikuisamonster gang b4 but i was so surprised to see him sending old editorials condemning PDP. I thot it was a joke! I believe websurfer on that. It will work wih time, either now or later. These pple need to leave!
Festus Keyamo a SAN supporting incompetence. Dele Momodu will write those long epistle but then guy Man is after his maintenance ration.
My point is that the people that are supposed to champion this cause have cashed out!
Way forward.....
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by WebSurfer(m): 7:18pm On Oct 19, 2018
toprealman:
Festus Keyamo a SAN supporting incompetence. Dele Momodu will write those long epistle but then guy Man is after his maintenance ration.
My point is that the people that are supposed to champion this cause have cashed out!
Way forward.....
they in for selfish interest and not cos they actually care about us
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by toprealman: 7:21pm On Oct 19, 2018
WebSurfer:
they in for selfish interest and not cos they actually care about us
U didn't read my post.
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by kernel001: 8:49pm On Oct 19, 2018
bankyblue:

SMEs......that I can take.

Education!!!! shocked cool cool my brother stop that hero drink and face reality.....education in southeast is lost since the days of black and white tv.
My NYSC was in Eungu, Ezeagu lga...umunba community, so I have first hand information

And for sport I can see that in kelechi ihanacho....raise and fall, log in log out.

You people better face business and have rest of mind

Since when last did West dust East in any parallel examination.
2016 Anambra state won second in World Schools Debating Championship, 2017 won it globally.
Ebonyi state represented Nigeria after that.

Anambra girls from Regina Pacies Secondary School Onitsha, who represented Nigeria and Africa at the World Technovation Challenge in the Silicon Valley in San Francisco, US last night, have won the Gold Medal in the contest.

I challenge you to mention 5 global renowned scholars in Yoruba land,outside Wole Soyinka, and I will double that number for you.
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Boyooosa(m): 9:30pm On Oct 19, 2018
toprealman:
Way forward.....
We keep dropping the seeds, one might actually fall on loamy soil one day...
The big issue is that the befitting replacement might actually be found wanting and it makes the quest seems tough. But the truth is a new breeze needs to blow within our political setting and educating people on this is the seed! Let's continue encouraging people to think outside the box...my point and I believe that should be a great starting point.
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by toprealman: 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2018
Boyooosa:

We keep dropping the seeds, one might actually fall on loamy soil one day...
The big issue is that the befitting replacement might actually be found wanting and it makes the quest seems tough. But the truth is a new breeze needs to blow within our political setting and educating people on this is the seed! Let's continue encouraging people to think outside the box...my point and I believe that should be a great starting point.
Maybe we can form a what's app group and "rant" on from there.....who knows
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Boyooosa(m): 10:20pm On Oct 19, 2018
toprealman:
Maybe we can form a what's app group and "rant" on from there.....who knows
Very well. But the motive should exclude ranting, rather, propagation of the true representation of our dear nation and as well reorient the misguided ones...
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by toprealman: 10:24pm On Oct 19, 2018
Boyooosa:

Very well. But the motive should exclude ranting, rather, propagation of the true representation of our dear nation and as well reorient the misguided ones...
ranting in quote
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Boyooosa(m): 10:33pm On Oct 19, 2018
toprealman:
ranting in quote
Didn't get that...
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by toprealman: 10:47pm On Oct 19, 2018
Boyooosa:

Didn't get that...
tot as much
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Boyooosa(m): 10:52pm On Oct 19, 2018
toprealman:
tot as much
OK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / OOU Loses A 300level Female Student- See Her Photo / Parents Should Stop Doing This Because Of Their Children's Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.