Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos (55298 Views)

Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition / Anambra School, Mater Amabilis Secondary School Umuoji Wins SAGE Competition / 10 Dogs Owned By Anambra School Proprietor Feast On 2yrs Old Prospective Pupil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by kernel001: 8:05am On Oct 19, 2018
bankyblue:
This is the only good new to me coming from that part of the world.....

Igbo Amaka.

Check when last your region beat Igbos in Education, sports, innovation and SMEs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Reference(m): 8:06am On Oct 19, 2018
Chukazu:
Anambra should be SILICON VALLEY designate

To do that you need to restructure the country to unleash its potentials. Right now there isn't any need to create a Silicon Valley because of allocations and quotas. The structure of the country is like a tree growing from the sky where the leaves feed the roots. Right now government feeds the nation so there is no demand for technology and innovation. Year after year the government budget covers everything from education to defense from water to airplanes, from ballot boxes to armoured limousines. The government plans everything so THAT THEY DONOT NEED THE POPULATION TO CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING to national development. Where there is a deficit in how much they have, they borrow.

Innovation is born in a crucible of need, strong need, where a government has to survive on the will of its people. The people literally keep theor government alive, not like this failed system we operate here. That is why whatever those kids produce the government does not need because they have budgetted to purchase it ready made from a far flung country somewhere and if they cannot afford it they take a World Bank loan, a Sukkuk or a Chinese loan to ensure they get it. As long as oil flows Nigeria remains okay they say.

We have no national pride, no patriotism, no wisdom to realise that we are not exercising our collective national intellect and competencies and no foresight to realise that we constantly weaken ourselves and strenghten those we send our educated and innovative young men and women to while receiving the products of their sweat at great cost to us.

The fact that government after government cannot break the viscious cycle shows it is not a political problem but a structural one and that is why we advocate for restructuring as the panacea to this unsurmountable challenge. If these kids are to move forwsrd they will leave Nigeria for some foreign land. If they choose to remain I bet in ten years they will either be in one non descrpit government office stealing money, or as a lecturer at some washed up higher institution raping students or trading in some made in china electronics at Alaba.

Nigeria as a country does not sincerely need them.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Guyman02: 8:10am On Oct 19, 2018
OdikwaRisky:
Igbos doing great since time immemorial. if only we'd broken away from this shithole a long time ago, we'd have been light years ahead and afonjas in Nigeria would have been the ones trying to sneak in as illegal immigrants. igbo amaka nke ukwu. Afonjinus mellitus would hate this news

Afonjinus Mellitus grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Reference(m): 8:10am On Oct 19, 2018
obailala:
This was harsh grin

...but it remains the fact.

My man, Nigeria is not working. It needs to be rebooted, restructured so that people can find a meaning to life beyond just existing to make money. We are wasting away.
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 19, 2018
slydog:

I thought you had something interesting and useful to say.

This is not the first time we see invention from the east, what has happened to them? Does the govt here take them seriously? Does the govt Herr know how to incubate ideas and inventions They should go to where they will be honored and appreciate and sell us their invention there in Nigeria because we are all stupid!

You see how this igbokwenu miss it. When we throw out all our innovators to them, sell all our upcoming talent to them at sikini money then, they will refurbish our own belonging talent and is sell it back to us at huge amount of money.....

Even if the most wisest person loan you his common sense will it be useful to you ?

#Nigeria#BuildOurTalent#Support4Talent#
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by freshdude99(m): 8:10am On Oct 19, 2018
obailala:
As an engineer myself, I know static water cannot produce any power, but nevertheless, kudos to the chaps not only for having creative minds, but also for being able to practicalise their creativity even without any form of support or encouragement.
Its nonsense comments like this I dislike. Is it Nigerian engineers that can't change ordinary bulb or tight screw? Pride is indeed cancerous
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Kahujadekadura: 8:13am On Oct 19, 2018
Agugbadin:

You are correct man, why did they not explain the principle of operation, there is a Japanese car that runs on water, it was not commercialized, it same principle water is splited into hydrogen and oxygen
Before aircraft's was invented, flying object on air is an impossible thing.
You are claiming to be a science student and yet u believe that sth is impossible. Bear this in mind that the motto of every science students is that there is nothing impossible. Your doubting is limited to Art class.
Appreciate young talented student and stop being jealous of them by quoting what Whites said. You are a being so for DAT reason develop urs so that d Whites will quote from ur knowledge for once.

1 Like

Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Culin(f): 8:14am On Oct 19, 2018
slydog:
Its not enough to say thumbs up to these kids. They need to be advertised to companies in the developed countries who would patent these their discoveries, takes the kids out, groom them and make them rich. Someone there can volunteer to put these stuffs on YouTube and advertise them to the world and let tech enthusiasts see and before you know it these kids will blow.
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by obailala(m): 8:19am On Oct 19, 2018
freshdude99:

Its nonsense comments like this I dislike. Is it Nigerian engineers that can't change ordinary bulb or tight screw? Pride is indeed cancerous
Oga there is nothing nonsensical about what I said. If you dont understand me, ask so you can learn. If you've found yourself surrounded by only dull engineers all your life, then it's a pity. But I'm sorry, I'm not one of those around you.
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Chukazu: 8:21am On Oct 19, 2018
Reference:

To do that you need to restructure the country to unleash its potentials. Right now there isn't any need to create a Silicon Valley because of allocations and quotas. The structure of the country is like a tree growing from the sky where the leaves feed the roots. Right now government feeds the nation so there is no demand for technology and innovation. Year after year the government budget covers everything from education to defense from water to airplanes, from ballot boxes to armoured limousines. The government plans everything so THAT THEY DONOT NEED THE POPULATION TO CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING to national development. Where there is a deficit in how much they have, they borrow.

Innovation is born in a crucible of need, strong need, where a government has to survive on the will of its people. The people literally keep theor government alive, not like this failed system we operate here. That is why whatever those kids produce the government does not need because they have budgetted to purchase it ready made from a far flung country somewhere and if they cannot afford it they take a World Bank loan, a Sukkuk or a Chinese loan to ensure they get it. As long as oil flows Nigeria remains okay they say.

We have no national pride, no patriotism, no wisdom to realise that we are not exercising our collective national intellect and competencies and no foresight to realise that we constantly weaken ourselves and strenghten those we send our educated and innovative young men and women to while receiving the products of their sweat at great cost to us.

The fact that government after government cannot break the viscious cycle shows it is not a political problem but a structural one and that is why we advocate for restructuring as the panacea to this unsurmountable challenge. If these kids are to move forwsrd they will leave Nigeria for some foreign land. If they choose to remain I bet in ten years they will either be in one non descrpit government office stealing money, or as a lecturer at some washed up higher institution raping students or trading in some made in china electronics at Alaba.

We don't need federal government support to do it.
We have always thrive without FG support and we can forge ahead
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Osaroman(m): 8:25am On Oct 19, 2018
dontbothermuch:

Kudos to them.
But I don't think it's a mini turbine. Because a good amount of pressure would be needed to turn the blades. And the height of that generator can't achieve that. Without a reservoir, one needs to stand by the generator with a bag of pure water every 3 minutes.
there should be a pump there powered by a battery. highly impractical for energy solution.
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by sexdoll: 8:27am On Oct 19, 2018
Reference:

succinct.

you are truly wise.
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by toprealman: 8:29am On Oct 19, 2018
Boyooosa:

Nawa o!
Dies that mean we can't get out of this? My worry!
No such plan for now. Youths shout Atikulate and Sai Buhari as if our Messiah is in them!
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by fedorahat: 8:34am On Oct 19, 2018
franchasng:
Bro, I and my wards did similar, not faked while growing up back then. There was no internet or YouTube to copy.

Technical secondary school pupils in the Southeast do pull weight in terms of all these technical and crude engineering stuff.

We had expert welders, carpenters, upholstery makers, etc right from secondary school in my time.

I tried my hand on a lot of things too.

I designed a rocket and a car, aeroplane using locally sourced metal pans.

I read Abbot, Nelson & Parker, and many other practical science books every hour back then like they were food. I use to imagine going to space some day back then.

If I and my fellows were in sane environments like in the western nations then, we would have moved mountains because we were so determined to write our names in the sands of time, so don't underrate those guyssmiley

Mr man Generators dont run on water, that alone disqualifies all this thread is for.

Can we have documented evidence that you and your guys did all that, I mean building biodigersters that feeds on plastic, for your information , plastic cant be biodigestet.

Others are elementary chemistry, being properly packaged and dem full YouTube.
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by JandyJ(m): 8:51am On Oct 19, 2018
Were they the ones who did it or they paid someone to do it and then they watched
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by JandyJ(m): 8:52am On Oct 19, 2018
fedorahat:

Mr man Generators dont run on water, that alone disqualifies all this thread is for.

Can we have documented evidence that you and your guys did all that, I mean building biodigersters that feeds on plastic, for your information , plastic cant be biodigestet.

Others are elementary chemistry, being properly packaged and dem full YouTube.

My brother.. I can never believe this jare. Even a PhD holder in Naija can't make toothpick how much more generator running on water
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by 9gerian: 9:09am On Oct 19, 2018
Awesome- for the water powered generator! More research and development highly required...

AutoReportNG:
Nigeria is a unique country in all ramifications, a country blessed with many natural resources in terms of smart and intelligent people that excel in their chosen career.

According to Emeka Okoye who is part of the convener and a tech enthusiast, a village school in Akwa in Anambra State has broken the norm to emerge as one of the most gifted sets of kids ever seen. The school was said to be located in a typical village with no access to internet, computers, and electricity, they have made some amazing and interesting discovery, part of a village school innovation that has never heard "STEM" or "JETS" are:

1. Electricity Generator powered by water
2.Waste Digester
3.Torch from potatoes.
4. Rocket Launcher

The generator generates 610 watts of electricity and it has been tested for about 5 hours, the most amazing thing about this generator is that it is powered by water, a discovery that none has ever discovered ever in the world. The digester breaks waste including plastics into different useful and valuable components that can be used by for other things, they also make locally made batteries from discarded Dettol bottles. Each cell generates more than 3 watts of electricity. These are some of their works that are showcase for the exhibition.

1. A generator that runs on pure water generates and generates 610watts of power.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-gpCfRHd9vCg/W8khTmyh0LI/AAAAAAAAVLY/mb5Mo_sF0bMyq5wwDfbRb1yCXhkQ0fKCQCLcBGAs/s1600/a.jpg[/img]

This generator generates 610 watts of electricity and it has been tested for about 5 hours also this generator runs on pure water and generates 610watts of power.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-0EUtshstL4w/W8kh4pK6BtI/AAAAAAAAVLg/XusLYmYEt2o8c1mUtMho4MtTLekEb8iWQCLcBGAs/s640/a1.jpg[/img]

2. A Digester that breaks waste including plastics into different useful and valuable components that can be used by for other things.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-3GJKHIMe30w/W8ki-rl8MhI/AAAAAAAAVLs/pFSdqpuwakkEum4sJoqNDCh2ZbYpEyg8wCLcBGAs/s640/b1.jpg[/img]

This is a village made waste decomposer being made by the students.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-6crb-Qyt60A/W8ki-lEhLgI/AAAAAAAAVLo/jKqtRyPi0Isc-VYwMjtxkOInzppTVThvQCLcBGAs/s640/d.jpg[/img]

3. This is a rocket launcher from a village school

This rocket was made by the students from the village and interesting, it was sourced from a local material.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-eaOh2tWwUiA/W8klFjkMqOI/AAAAAAAAVL4/n35yl1K8tgwouXa5S2tzG93fxfB7dEJGQCLcBGAs/s1600/e.jpg[/img]

4. Locally made batteries from discarded Dettol bottles. Each cell generates more than 3 watts of electricity.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-8m989PhGlN0/W8klrO2mIrI/AAAAAAAAVMA/0JzxJlVrW0oc9An3xRT2--WFAo71PBAngCLcBGAs/s1600/f.jpg[/img]

Each of these village made batteries generate 2.33v of electricity. So that container has 23v in all.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-VHdZolqf0MA/W8kmADsXL8I/AAAAAAAAVMI/CY1m_2gv9QgIUdpPknLxP8ZfF2AnypcBQCLcBGAs/s640/f1.jpg[/img]

5. A torchlight powered by potatoes. It was made in a school that doesn't have beautiful classrooms.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-0jPeOi3yPsg/W8ks3Iv87bI/AAAAAAAAVMg/8E9H6YsMSQ0SfuQ1oXyndgmGqOhaFe7jACLcBGAs/s640/h.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-f0x--VJUpNg/W8ktBogF58I/AAAAAAAAVMk/_LLJ6LZY5R83h_u7E_GJCX8zox12fhzeQCLcBGAs/s640/h1.jpg[/img]

According to Mr. Okoye, the kids have never heard about the fourth industrial revolution. They have never even heard about the first one that says a lot about them, they definitely need to be groomed and catch young.

Credit: Emeka Okoye

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/10/anambra-school-children-made-generator.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Marpol
Mynd44
Dominique
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Shehunoshewhat: 9:25am On Oct 19, 2018
Great!
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by babaireti(m): 9:28am On Oct 19, 2018
When the Generator is bigger than the whole house itself,Lol
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by TheWordist(m): 9:44am On Oct 19, 2018
If I was the president,I will invest #5 billion on these kids and their inventions.
REMARKABLE
LEADERS OF THE FUTURE
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by mechanics(m): 9:59am On Oct 19, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Nigeria is a unique country in all ramifications, a country blessed with many natural resources in terms of smart and intelligent people that excel in their chosen career.

According to Emeka Okoye who is part of the convener and a tech enthusiast, a village school in Akwa in Anambra State has broken the norm to emerge as one of the most gifted sets of kids ever seen. The school was said to be located in a typical village with no access to internet, computers, and electricity, they have made some amazing and interesting discovery, part of a village school innovation that has never heard "STEM" or "JETS" are:

1. Electricity Generator powered by water
2.Waste Digester
3.Torch from potatoes.
4. Rocket Launcher

The generator generates 610 watts of electricity and it has been tested for about 5 hours, the most amazing thing about this generator is that it is powered by water, a discovery that none has ever discovered ever in the world. The digester breaks waste including plastics into different useful and valuable components that can be used by for other things, they also make locally made batteries from discarded Dettol bottles. Each cell generates more than 3 watts of electricity. These are some of their works that are showcase for the exhibition.

1. A generator that runs on pure water generates and generates 610watts of power.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-gpCfRHd9vCg/W8khTmyh0LI/AAAAAAAAVLY/mb5Mo_sF0bMyq5wwDfbRb1yCXhkQ0fKCQCLcBGAs/s1600/a.jpg[/img]

This generator generates 610 watts of electricity and it has been tested for about 5 hours also this generator runs on pure water and generates 610watts of power.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-0EUtshstL4w/W8kh4pK6BtI/AAAAAAAAVLg/XusLYmYEt2o8c1mUtMho4MtTLekEb8iWQCLcBGAs/s640/a1.jpg[/img]

2. A Digester that breaks waste including plastics into different useful and valuable components that can be used by for other things.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-3GJKHIMe30w/W8ki-rl8MhI/AAAAAAAAVLs/pFSdqpuwakkEum4sJoqNDCh2ZbYpEyg8wCLcBGAs/s640/b1.jpg[/img]

This is a village made waste decomposer being made by the students.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-6crb-Qyt60A/W8ki-lEhLgI/AAAAAAAAVLo/jKqtRyPi0Isc-VYwMjtxkOInzppTVThvQCLcBGAs/s640/d.jpg[/img]

3. This is a rocket launcher from a village school

This rocket was made by the students from the village and interesting, it was sourced from a local material.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-eaOh2tWwUiA/W8klFjkMqOI/AAAAAAAAVL4/n35yl1K8tgwouXa5S2tzG93fxfB7dEJGQCLcBGAs/s1600/e.jpg[/img]

4. Locally made batteries from discarded Dettol bottles. Each cell generates more than 3 watts of electricity.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-8m989PhGlN0/W8klrO2mIrI/AAAAAAAAVMA/0JzxJlVrW0oc9An3xRT2--WFAo71PBAngCLcBGAs/s1600/f.jpg[/img]

Each of these village made batteries generate 2.33v of electricity. So that container has 23v in all.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-VHdZolqf0MA/W8kmADsXL8I/AAAAAAAAVMI/CY1m_2gv9QgIUdpPknLxP8ZfF2AnypcBQCLcBGAs/s640/f1.jpg[/img]

5. A torchlight powered by potatoes. It was made in a school that doesn't have beautiful classrooms.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-0jPeOi3yPsg/W8ks3Iv87bI/AAAAAAAAVMg/8E9H6YsMSQ0SfuQ1oXyndgmGqOhaFe7jACLcBGAs/s640/h.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-f0x--VJUpNg/W8ktBogF58I/AAAAAAAAVMk/_LLJ6LZY5R83h_u7E_GJCX8zox12fhzeQCLcBGAs/s640/h1.jpg[/img]

According to Mr. Okoye, the kids have never heard about the fourth industrial revolution. They have never even heard about the first one that says a lot about them, they definitely need to be groomed and catch young.

Credit: Emeka Okoye

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/10/anambra-school-children-made-generator.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Marpol
Mynd44
Dominique
Wow, interesting.
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Butoneday2(m): 10:01am On Oct 19, 2018
Esseite:

If only you could remember that in the next election...
Tell him
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by degamemaster(m): 10:01am On Oct 19, 2018
sarrki:
Nigeria student not Anambra student

Useless zombie! If they're caught with some weeds you will be the first to shout ipob and all other unprintable names but now they've done the real IPOB known by the whole world you want to claim them to your useless zoo governed by a lifeless dullard.
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by AnanseK(m): 10:06am On Oct 19, 2018
Bane2020:

Maybe you have a point, but crime does exist in all people regardless of ethnicity, at least we can also talk about the incessant ritual killings, credit card frauds both home and abroad, incest and rape culture that plagues the part of the divide you happen to come from.

You have also committed a crime by assuming that I am Afonja. grin grin
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Malawian(m): 10:18am On Oct 19, 2018
jaygogna:
....... So true. But one thing the igbo's lack is unity . u guys are not united
What is your business with that?

1 Like

Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by TAYO124: 10:27am On Oct 19, 2018
Pictures do not validate invention,testing and operating the device does.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by sirhood: 10:30am On Oct 19, 2018
post=72215442:
Abeg this na lie no be online water na blood.. Rocket launcher my ass where the rocket they launch go? Moon abi na sun..
I believe you're not an igbo that's why you're talking like this. it's unfair and evil to wish someone bad just wish them well and move on with life. let love lead
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by slydog(m): 10:39am On Oct 19, 2018
dammyconcept:

You see how this igbokwenu miss it. When we throw out all our innovators to them, sell all our upcoming talent to them at sikini money then, they will refurbish our own belonging talent and is sell it back to us at huge amount of money.....

Even if the most wisest person loan you his common sense will it be useful to you ?

#Nigeria#BuildOurTalent#Support4Talent#

Now I am certain you don't know what a "patent" means when I said give the discoveries of these kids a patent.
I won't suffer you much. I'm far from an Igbo man though
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by osita76(m): 10:40am On Oct 19, 2018
AutoReportNG:
God bless these kids... The next Einstein of Africa

See more pictures here

Biafra will be a great nation on earth and have the capacity to undo the white men

1 Like

Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by xuxicihe: 10:42am On Oct 19, 2018
wow,someone should sharply recognise this guys
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by Princewell2012(m): 10:43am On Oct 19, 2018
kingchris30:
this is where it will end

It will not end here in Jesus name. Jesus pray that you will live to see them great in this world. kiss
Re: Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water - Photos by DeBiafran: 10:43am On Oct 19, 2018
If only u can say same if its news from Malaysia

sarrki:
Nigeria student not Anambra student

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

OOU Loses A 300level Female Student- See Her Photo / Parents Should Stop Doing This Because Of Their Children's Future / Oko Polytechnic Rector Weeps As Corrupt Lecturer Is Exposed By ACTU (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.