Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,709 members, 7,820,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell (2321 Views)

Arrest Obi Cubana Now - Envious Yoruba Activist Begs EFCC / Fake News: Fani- Kayode Begs EFCC For Forgiveness / PDP Vice Presidential Candidate Peter Obi Begs EFCC To Probe Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell by MalcoImX: 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2018
Former Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose, has requested the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to provide him with an extra mattress in his holding cell to make him more comfortable.

The former governor gave himself up to the anti-graft agency on Tuesday, October 16, 2018, amid allegations of receiving N1.3 billion » from the office of former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki , in the run up to the Ekiti State governorship election in 2014.

Fayose made a show of turning himself in on Tuesday as he wore a shirt with "EFCC, I'm here" inscribed on it, and also carried two packed bags as he earlier said he was prepared to be detained

According to a report by The Nation, the former governor has written the EFCC to demand an additional mattress in his cell. He complained that sleeping on one mattress was too flat to accommodate his frame in the cell and
that two mattresses will be more comfortable for him.

"He has demanded for a second mattress from the anti-graft agency and I think they are looking into his request. They want to find out from him the type of mattress needed to make him comfortable in custody," an EFCC source told The Nation.

It was recently disclosed that a Federal Capital Territory High Court has empowered the EFCC to keep Fayose in detention for two weeks, a remand order that's subject to a renewal if requested.

"We have obtained a court order to hold Fayose for at least two weeks pending investigation. He could be released earlier or later than two weeks depending on the outcome of investigation," a source told The Punch.

After three days in detention, the former governor is still being grilled over the N1.3 billion and another $5.377 million he allegedly received from former Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, to help his re-election campaign in 2014.

The former governor has dared the agency to take him to court with whatever evidence it has against him, but the EFCC is believed to want a statement from him before proceeding.

"Fayose will still undergo another round of grilling on Friday (today). We cannot just arraign him in court without obtaining a statement from him," a source told The Nation.

In a leaked audio of the former governor's interrogation by EFCC operatives he said he'll no longer cooperate because the commission is partisan and is only interested in persecuting him.

"You're no court of law. You can't force me to say what I don't want to say. I've told you earlier and I'm saying it again; it's only in the law court that I can get justice.

"Your commission has showed your hands as partisan, to prefer to bring me down at all cost and that will not get my cooperation," he said.

Fayose is also believed to be under probe for allegedly receiving bribes from various contractors as Ekiti State governor. He is alleged to have used fronts to acquire properties in Lagos and Abuja with bribes from said contractors.

The EFCC is also believed to be investigating the former governor over another alleged N1.3 billion fraud at the Ekiti Integrated Poultry Project Biological Concepts Limited.
/
https://opera.pulse.ng/news/local/fayose-begs-efcc-for-extra-mattress-to-sleep-in-holding-cell-id8996381.html
Re: Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell by fiizznation: 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2018
This man is a clown. grin I don't know who he is trying to impress with his childish attitude. I believe fayose have a lawyer, so why all the unnecessary drama from him?

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell by baliyubla: 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2018
Bad guy playing mind games with EFCC. Every Agency under the dullard has reduced it self to a mere caricature of what it ought to be. Buhari is a disgrace.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell by LUGBE: 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2018
Is his right, he need not beg
Re: Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell by ClassicMG(m): 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2018
Give him one with bedbugs angry

1 Like

Re: Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell by Tapout(m): 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2018
when are they bringing Ganduje in?? sad

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell by Racoon(m): 2:43pm On Oct 19, 2018
"Fayose will still undergo another round of grilling on Friday (today). We cannot just arraign him in court without obtaining a statement from him," a source told The Nation.
So after all these years EFCC is waiting for statement from Fayose One though these fools by now should been in court boot-strapping all the allegations they have against him EFCC is very useless.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell by onlinetomola(m): 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2018
Naa so these politicians turn us to Cards dey play us....

Xirous matter, Uncle Fayose turn am to Comedy. undecided

1 Like

Re: Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell by Shugabanqasa: 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2018
him never see anything next time request will be extra pillow

1 Like

Re: Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell by ocelot2006(m): 2:59pm On Oct 19, 2018
fiizznation:
This man is a clown. grin I don't know who he is trying to impress with his childish attitude. I believe fayose have a lawyer, so why all the unnecessary drama from him?

What drama? He asked for extra mattress. Is that too much to ask for?

1 Like

Re: Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell by millomaniac: 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2018
what the EFCC is forcing nigerians to be doing for them and what nigerians are actually doing

Re: Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell by Pekele007: 3:32pm On Oct 19, 2018
fiizznation:
You and your fellow Bmcs are the least of the people he will trynna impress.

What's stopping efcc from charging him to court?
Re: Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell by Kenekingisback: 6:06pm On Oct 19, 2018
When is Ganduje coming sef
Re: Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell by xtophem(m): 10:57am On Sep 10, 2019
Dear Sir/Ma,

We are authorized ordering center to sell and distribute all product of Vitafoam Nig. Plc and subsidiaries

Are you looking to buy original top quality products in :

 Full-Orthopaedic mattress
 Semi-Orthopaedic mattress
 Spring mattress
 Regular mattress
 Beds
 Pillows
 Beddings
 Household furniture

At wholesale and factory production prices?

We currently selling top quality mattress, pillows, beds and household furniture made by Nigeria's finest and largest foam manufacturers, producer of both flexible and rigid polyurethane products, vitafoam Nig. Plc.

Note: Delivery within Lagos state is FREE OF CHARGE.

For more info and inquiries, please call or WhatsApp 08060401285

Regards.

Re: Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell by Paulynez(m): 11:20am On Sep 10, 2019
Funny man indeed. Some one should remind him where he is incase he has forgotten. Sanko no be govt. house
Re: Fayose Begs EFCC For Extra Mattress To Sleep Comfortably Inside Holding Cell by MalcoImX: 5:54pm On Jun 02, 2021
This beggar get mouth now

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen: Blame Yahaya Bello For Kogi Violence, Says Oodua Group / The International Standard Agbor Rail Station Is Ready For Operation-photo / Where Is Osinbajo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.