Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood (55405 Views)

Ooni Of Ife's Wife, Queen Naomi All Perfect In New Pictures / Ooni Of Ife & Wife, Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi At The Olojo Festival / Meet Simi Oluwaseyi Phebian, Sister Of Ooni Of Ife's Wife Changes Her Bio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by Btruth: 6:47am On Oct 21, 2018
baby124:

I am Yoruba so what are you saying? Why are they trying to lie to make this Olori seem like what she is not? She’s a fake prophetess, let’s all agree on that and let her drop the pretence. There’s no need for her to keep deceiving people that she’s a prophetess. She’s now a traditionalist which is good for her title.
.....and why is that becoming so much of a contention for you? people like you were the one that accused Jesus Christ of going into the tax collector's house to dine with him.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by zedman1(m): 6:48am On Oct 21, 2018
hyfr:
Whether blood abi na osun, we are bothered about the two religions in the royal household
'We'..... We? Bros but its not us that got married but them. Just the two of them. See what social media has done to US?
Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by baby124: 6:49am On Oct 21, 2018
Btruth:
.....and why is that becoming so much of a contention for you? people like you were the one that accused Jesus Christ of going into the tax collector's house to dine with him.
It’s a waste of time replying you. You lack comprehension.
Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by ntyce(m): 6:51am On Oct 21, 2018
baby124:

I am Yoruba so what are you saying? Why are they trying to lie to make this Olori seem like what she is not? She’s a fake prophetess, let’s all agree on that and let her drop the pretence. There’s no need for her to keep deceiving people that she’s a prophetess. She’s now a traditionalist which is good for her title.

Who are you to call her a fake Prophetess? And Adeboye is a true man of God abi?

Continue judging ....

As much as you know she might be more pious than all those other men of God

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by Jbleenk: 6:52am On Oct 21, 2018
ujampie:
That's not the point alone,.... Blood or no blood..... Nigerian setting of palaces involves diabolic doing's..
If she is a true prophetess as she claimed, she won't last in that so called palace. Cuss the demons alone won't find rest because an anointed is around......

U are stupid for thinking demons are domicile in the palace of Oni. U lost and destroyed soul. White man’s slave. U will die in ur servitude
Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by vikstandon(m): 6:55am On Oct 21, 2018
Ooni e wear shoe abi sandal...em wife e wear bare foot and blood.
E pain me wetin girls leduce them themselves o...tomolow prophetess e go join bad gang (Feminism) come dey dissitub my ear. Nawaiah o!

If u see where I make mistake, put am r, rr , -si+r.

I like feminist gang o... People of failed marriage, overgrown girls, life tenants of their Papa's house, people that didn't set their priorities right. You can't eat ur cake and have it back... But you sometime would have it back if u regurgitate, but for a few.

But what surprises me is that these feminist are head over heels for sex, which they must lie down or incline to get.
Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by otizs: 6:56am On Oct 21, 2018
hyfr:
Whether blood abi na osun, we are bothered about the two religions in the royal household
How do you mean (we) are you sick? You are bothered because you have a big problem going on in your life so you can’t think straight.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by Jbleenk: 6:57am On Oct 21, 2018
jaxxy:

Modern day Christians are very funny. If sm1 doesn’t conform to the stereotype of Christianity in their head then it must be wrong or diabolical, like they have placed God in a box of one culture or tradition. I’m sure these modern day Christians wud hv criticized Jesus himself if any saw him becos he didn’t wear a suit and tie like their pastor does. A British and totally foreign culture To even the Bible itself. Very judgmental fellows who understand nothing more than what pastor said.

The idiot is a fool. U shouldn’t even dignify him with a decent reply. U should have curse him out.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by baby124: 6:59am On Oct 21, 2018
ntyce:

Who are you to call her a fake Prophetess? And Adeboye is a true man of God abi?

Continue judging ....

As much as you know she might be more pious than all those other men of God
She’s not a prophetess. Prophetess at 18. Very funny. She’s obviously always been moved by fame and fortune. At 18, was your priority to open church? Even Adeboye no sharp reach that. Who says that I think Adeboye is a man of God? God never came down to call these people the names they call themselves. This Olori however is not a Christian and has never been, so she should drop the Oju Aye. I support the traditional institution too. We all serve God in our ways. The Christian way is clear, so is the traditional way. She cannot try to present herself as a Christian religious leader after this marriage and the rites. Let her follow her husband’s religion fully.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 21, 2018
abbey621:

What's the usefulness of a Prophetess that can't fight demons? Abeg the woman know wetin she dey do jor grin grin grin
Have u seen Demons before? If yes how many of them did u fight and kill?
Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by Jbleenk: 7:05am On Oct 21, 2018
bolinjkezzy:

You know why people rejected the traditional religion for foreign religion? It's because of too much secrecy.
If indeed it's our culture, it should be open to all not only some set of individual.

From ur post I can conclude u are a Christian and u come across as very ignorant. Talking about secrecy, are u aware one of the most kept secret in human history is the Vatican secret Archive in Rome?

U Christian know nothing about ur religion obviously.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by Boyooosa(m): 7:12am On Oct 21, 2018
baby124:
Camwood ko, kola wood ni. Olori Wuraola also stepped on the same blood and in this picture you can see the ram! The bottom picture on the left side. Aguntan funfun
Use your common sense so that u can live long, the reason baba God gave to you. Pls dont die while young, na beg I dey beg u.
You downloaded 3 different pictures from 3 internet sources to prove a dumb point, you better dont allow God to purge His anger on you because nairaland fun.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by baby124: 7:14am On Oct 21, 2018
Boyooosa:

Use your common sense so that u can live, the reason baba God gave to you. Pls dont die while young, na beg I dey beg u.
You downloaded 3 different pictures from 3 internet sources to prove a dumb point, you better dont allow God to purge His anger on you because nairaland fun.
From a dumb piece of trash like you. 3 different pictures. You must be suffering from cataract or brain damage. Nairaland fun? Who is here to keep you entertained. Find your level.
Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by lagosrd: 7:20am On Oct 21, 2018
hyfr:
care more and be bothered about your own life and if you will make heaven. And leave them alone.
Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by tayo60(f): 7:21am On Oct 21, 2018
OP, if u av been deceived and fooled, we can't be fooled like you. What she stepped on was blood and not camwood ( oosun). Well it was in d middle of d night you posted this rubbish, sleep still dey worry you.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by Boyooosa(m): 7:22am On Oct 21, 2018
baby124:

From a dumb piece of trash like you. 3 different pictures. You must be suffering from cataract or brain damage. Nairaland fun? Who is here to keep you entertained. Find your level.
I won't mention more than that...
Likes of you are the ones that will pick one buharis daughter pix online, write nonsense and fulish things under it, that she is a director in nnpc and she's a member of BOT and earns #135m.
The reason I warned you is that; God is a merciful One but bringing another god, oorisa is a dangerous adventure.
You have bn warned for second d time!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:23am On Oct 21, 2018
sben2308:

I pray when it comes we don't follow the trend Cuz believe me our culture is wat makes us stands out

proud of my culture anyday anytime n if I am to come back to this life will come as a yoruba again n come as a Ondo man.Ikale precisely

She said the truth culture is dynamic it evolves and is never static.
Some cultures may no longer be required in the modern times.
It is called progress new ones may be added old ones may be removed.
Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by bimfran: 7:23am On Oct 21, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Their culture, their òòsun.
Afterall, others might have been done in secret, so, why argue over mere blood, sorry camwood (osún)?
grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by baby124: 7:25am On Oct 21, 2018
Boyooosa:

I won't mention more than that...
Likes of you are the ones that will pick one buharis daughter online, write nonsense and fulish things under it, that she is a director in nnpc and she's a member of BOT and earns #135m.
The reason I warned you is that; God is a merciful One but bringing another god, oorisa is a dangerous adventure.
You have bn warned for second time!
Don’t see 1 and call it 3. She’s married to an Ooni so it’s expected that she performs rituals till she dies with him or watch him do it. It is a useless effort to try to launder her image by lying that she stepped on camwood when it is clearly blood. I posted the picture from his previous marriage clearly showing the ram that supplied the blood. You can see the chalk mark by the ram, same chalk mark on the blood she walked on. These are traditional beliefs and are to be respected, however this effort to lie that she is a prophetess after this is irritating. Who are you warning by the way? You are really delusional. You have many problems. LOL.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by Jbleenk: 7:28am On Oct 21, 2018
Rumicarter:
No-one steps on Oosun, Oosun is rubbed on the ladies legs instead making her ankles and legs orange. That thing is blood. Stop making excuses for the Controversial Ooni.

Let it be blood is it ur blood?
Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by Jbleenk: 7:30am On Oct 21, 2018
baysol:
Has yoruba culture become such a poun kan Sisi to warrant flat headed cultureless peps wey dey wake their papas and mamas up with a good kick to come and air there yamayama talks. To me yoruba culture should desist from diabolic paganism and carve out a beautiful renaissance from what has been done in the past
Lobatan.

Bless u. They think they are in a position to dictate how we go about our God given culture. The idiots

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by colestephan86: 7:33am On Oct 21, 2018
iiooxx:
What Ooni Of Ife's new wife stepped on is called Osùn in Yoruba language and it wasn't blood. Sad how ignorant our own people have become about their culture
Thank you Baba, only idiots throw culture away n replace it with religion. if we understand tradition we will never make mistakes

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by ShakurM(m): 7:39am On Oct 21, 2018
sonnie10:
Damage control
We don't do damage control for nobody, it's tradition. It won't change due to people's opinion.That is in fact blood.
Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by Jbleenk: 7:40am On Oct 21, 2018
baby124:

U are not a Yoruba u r a traitor, the Judas in our midst, the betrayal. Go check ur lineage, along the line something must have gone wrong somewhere and u happen to be the product of that wrong for speaking evil of ur tribe just to glorify another man’s tribe. You are lost.

Summation from ur posts, I can deduce u are still growing up. It’s unfortunate internt has made it possible for ur likes to deliberate on matters that had been in existence way before nerve impulse from ur parents brought about ur existence.

Our elders says it’s only a lost child/bastard that would speak ill of his parents house.

I will leave u to ur fate.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by ShakurM(m): 7:41am On Oct 21, 2018
Rumicarter:
No-one steps on Oosun, Oosun is rubbed on the ladies legs instead making her ankles and legs orange. That thing is blood. Stop making excuses for the Controversial Ooni.
Perfect. Let them know!! It's tradition and it's not barbaric at all IMHO.
Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by Btruth: 7:41am On Oct 21, 2018
baby124:

It’s a waste of time replying you. You lack comprehension.
Your problem is that you don't know what you want. All your arguments are baseless. Leave the Ooni and his new wife to enjoy themselves. If King Solomon in the Bible can marry Queen Sheba, I wondered what the stress is all about with you.
Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by baby124: 7:43am On Oct 21, 2018
Jbleenk:

U are not a Yoruba u r a traitor, the Judas in our midst, the betrayal. Go check ur lineage, along the line something must have gone wrong somewhere and u happen to be the product of that wrong for speaking against ur tribe.
Why are you ashamed that she stepped in blood since you are jumping all over this thread defending your sister? You are proud of the title and the money, be proud of the rituals too. Why are you pained? I am only pointing out the truth here. Why are you hiding? Ile ola niyonu. You just start. Last I checked, I am not sure you know who your father is not to talk of opening your smelly mouth to ask me if I am Yoruba. Awon ara faworaja.
Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by baby124: 7:48am On Oct 21, 2018
Btruth:
Your problem is that you don't know what you want. All your arguments are baseless. Leave the Ooni and his new wife to enjoy themselves. If King Solomon in the Bible can marry Queen Sheba, I wondered what the stress is all about with you.
Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by frozen70(f): 7:50am On Oct 21, 2018
If that osu comes in another colour

No body will raise eye brow

So it came in red and blood is red in colour

Our major consign is that, light and darkness always clash

Will she still be with her bible day and night and still perform traditional rites?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by Boyooosa(m): 7:55am On Oct 21, 2018
baby124:

Don’t see 1 and call it 3. She’s married to an Ooni so it’s expected that she performs rituals till she dies with him or watch him do it. It is a useless effort to try to launder her image by lying that she stepped on camwood when it is clearly blood. I posted the picture from his previous marriage clearly showing the ram that supplied the blood. You can see the chalk mark by the ram, same chalk mark on the blood she walked on. These are traditional beliefs and are to be respected, however this effort to lie that she is a prophetess after this is irritating.
Fine, I think u r coming up with a finer explanation now.
Rest assured that I was not and am still not bothered about the religious implication nor people's mindset about the rituals or rites. My point is when issues of this sensitivity come on board, let us try as much do away from fallacy either ignorantly or intentionally. Honestly it makes things worse and immature...my point.
Now, according to your four assumed pix, obviously one was repeated but edited ringing the queens leg to prove that she's stepping on wrongly alleged blood. That particular pix was shot in the palace and honestly, there was no blood stain there, but was fraudulently made to have blood spots.
The second pix on the right, of the former queen as u claimed was downloaded online, even crested by the source and doea not any represent the pix of any of the two queens, do your findings.
The third pix on the left, aguntan and others as u claimed, well, I dont know about the incidence that took place there nor why it took place but the crystal truth is that, its in no any form in relation with the other two former pix, the reason I mentioned 3 pix from 3 different sources.
Truthfully, if you learn about other traditional marriage rites of Yoruba or other tribes as they may exist, u will be more amused. Tradition is tradition, the way u view it. Yoruba culture will never ask you to add cigarette as part of marriage list but some tribes in this country, not Cotonou will request of you, packs of cigarettes. Can u imagine?
I think there is love BTW them, and as tradition and religious faith are involved, there might be divine / predestined fruitful and whole beneficial journey involved.
Above all, pls try as much as possible to desist from sending information or message online without the adequate research. This is barbaric and its not representing us well as people.
Thanks for reading.
Re: Ooni Of Ife's Wife Stepped On "Osùn", Not Blood by JuanDeDios: 7:55am On Oct 21, 2018
deepwater:
Lol

Why the defence?

Tradition and culture all over the world was barbaric ab initio

Time changes things, human just keep upgrading, that's all.

50 years from now same would be repeated with the new bride to the king. But maybe, the osun used today may not be in physical form perhaps something made from a hologram (who knows,).
But our people's apparent reluctance to reform some of the more barbaric aspects of our traditions is troubling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Queen Ajoke Badirat Adeyemi Celebrates Her 28th Birthday With Beautiful Photos / 25 Most Popular Igbo Masquerades / The Rolls Royce Ooni Ogunwusi Visited Ekiti With (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.