Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

This Is The Commandment For Christians - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is The Commandment For Christians (5860 Views)

The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. / Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by zicoraads: 11:00am On Oct 21, 2018
Love transcends religion. It doesn't matter the religion you believe in, when you show love, it brings blessings in a million fold.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by Hier(m): 11:01am On Oct 21, 2018
Luke 2:8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. 2:9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. 2:13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by krushdripper(m): 11:42am On Oct 21, 2018
ollah1:

Honestly, we need to shake up with country and set up rehab centres in different locations to unlearn and relearn while the contents of lectures given to students especially as basic levels should be changed. Only then Nigerians can get better and Nigeria can only be great when Nigerians get better
I won't be trying to sound negative, if i talk more on how much I've realized the way that despicable ideology has dented the Nigerian people as a whole. The revolution would come nonetheless but most ain't ready for the accompanying bloodshed, most Nigerians are stagnant inside.
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by OyinO: 11:56am On Oct 21, 2018
What is a Character of a Defeated Race?
- A race that brags about expensive clothes that they wear, that are produced by another race.
- A race that brags about cars that they drive, that are manufactured by companies owned by another race.
- A race that brags about their houses that are financed by financial institutions owned by another race.
- A race that takes their kids to school to be taught by another race.
- A race that will celebrate their wedding in the style of another race.
- A race that has fully adopted language and religion of another race.
- A race that will hate each other defending another race.
- A race that will get excited to work for another race.
- A race that the only freedom it has is the freedom to vote and not economic freedom.
- A race that will kill each other just to have a political position and be in office and not be in power.
- A defeated race is that race that is in majority but it's survival relies on the minority race.
Are you part of the defeated race? Sadly I am.
"The first step therefore is to make the AFRICAN man come to himself; to pump back life into his empty shell; to infuse him with pride and dignity, to remind him of his complicity in the crime of allowing himself to be misused and therefore letting evil reign supreme in the country of his birth."
~ Steve Bantu Biko.
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by adamsbadoo(m): 1:03pm On Oct 21, 2018
Hier:

Honour the Sabbath and keep it only is an injunction on Christians to gather under the priesthood of a pastor or preacher to hear and minister, these ministers devote productive time to search for interpretation and wisdom of God's word and teach it to the people and God purposed tithing and offering for their welfare.

1. Deuteronomy 14:23 “Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine
and olive oil, and the firstborn of your
herds and flocks in the presence of the
LORD your God at the place he will
choose as a dwelling for his Name, so
that you may learn to revere the LORD your God always.” The Bible says EAT your tithe?

2. Deuteronomy 14:25 “Then exchange your tithe for silver,
and take the silver with you and go to
the place the LORD your God will
choose.” You also have the privilege to exchange your
tithe for silver.
3. Deuteronomy 14:26 “Use the silver to buy whatever you
like: cattle, sheep, wine or other
fermented drink, or anything you wish.
Then you and your household shall eat
there in the presence of the LORD your
God and rejoice.” After the exchange of your tithe, you and your
household enjoys.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by kclem(m): 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2018
Canal minded humans I pity ur end.
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by kclem(m): 3:26pm On Oct 21, 2018
[quote author=adamsbadoo post=72277659]

Christ your lord died for your sins, right. .

why don't you jst live a sinful life since someone gat you covered.
Canal minded humans I pity ur end.
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by Hier(m): 5:44pm On Oct 21, 2018
[quote author=adamsbadoo post=72283000][/quote]

1 Timothy 5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by adamsbadoo(m): 5:48pm On Oct 21, 2018
Hier:

1 Timothy 5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

You see how confused you and your bible are?.,...I can't agree less that bible is full of contradictions....
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by Hier(m): 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2018
adamsbadoo:

You see how confused you and your bible are?.,...I can't agree less that bible is full of contradictions....

Whatever are the contradiction you perceive lies in the Bible is due to your inability to interprete the Bible contextual as there are mindless liftings and presumptive attribution of interpretation by readers. There are no contradictions in the Bible, not even one.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by adamsbadoo(m): 9:58pm On Oct 21, 2018
Hier:

Whatever are the contradiction you perceive lies in the Bible is due to your inability to interprete the Bible contextual as there are mindless liftings and presumptive attribution of interpretation by readers. There are no contradictions in the Bible, not even one.

And whosoever shall speak a word
against the Son of man, it shall be
forgiven him: but unto him that
blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it
shall not be forgiven. —Luke 12:10 For whosoever shall call upon the name
of the Lord shall be saved. —Romans 10:13
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by adamsbadoo(m): 10:00pm On Oct 21, 2018
And in the fifth month, on the seventh day of the month…Nebuzaradan… came…unto Jerusalem… —2 Kings 25:8 …in the fifth month, in the tenth day of the month…came Nebuzaradan…into Jerusalem… —Jeremiah 52:12
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by adamsbadoo(m): 10:04pm On Oct 21, 2018
For by grace are ye saved through faith…not of works. —Ephesians 2:8,9

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. —James 2:24
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by adamsbadoo(m): 10:07pm On Oct 21, 2018
No man hath seen God at any time. — John 1:18

For I have seen God face to face. — Genesis 32:30

should i continue?
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by Hier(m): 12:12am On Oct 22, 2018
adamsbadoo:

I really didn't understand anything from the two scriptures you quoted.
They are not related
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by Hier(m): 12:17am On Oct 22, 2018
adamsbadoo:

should i continue?

no man has seen God in the fullness of His Glory, the best Moses saw was God's back. That portion was referring to God in Heaven, not God coming to the earth. You are engaging in mindless lifting, read those verses contextually, you use scriptures to explain scriptures
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by Hier(m): 12:22am On Oct 22, 2018
[quote author=adamsbadoo post=72298060][/quote]

Please stop quoting your comments, just type them out, I would do justice to them.

Eph 2:8-9 is talking about faith for salvation, the verse used the word saved, its the act of confessing the Lordship of Christ

The one from James is talking about praying and receiving things from God through faith, not salvation
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by Hier(m): 12:24am On Oct 22, 2018
adamsbadoo:

should i continue?
Continue and I would keep explaining them to you as used in the context
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by adamsbadoo(m): 7:38am On Oct 22, 2018
Hier:

no man has seen God in the fullness of His Glory, the best Moses saw was God's back. That portion was referring to God in Heaven, not God coming to the earth. You are engaging in mindless lifting, read those verses contextually, you use scriptures to explain scriptures

For I have seen God face to face. —
Genesis 32:30

And you are telling me he saw only his back?
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by adamsbadoo(m): 7:41am On Oct 22, 2018
Hier:

Please stop quoting your comments, just type them out, I would do justice to them.

Eph 2:8-9 is talking about faith for salvation, the verse used the word saved, its the act of confessing the Lordship of Christ

The one from James is talking about praying and receiving things from God through faith, not salvation

BRoda, you are confused.
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by adamsbadoo(m): 7:45am On Oct 22, 2018
Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when
he began to reign, and he reigned in
Jerusalem three months. —2 Kings 24:8 Jehoiachin was eight years old when he
began to reign, and he reigned three
months and ten days in Jerusalem… —2 Chronicles 36:9
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by adamsbadoo(m): 7:47am On Oct 22, 2018
For every man shall bear his own burden. —Galatians 6:2

Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. —Galatians 6:2
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by adamsbadoo(m): 7:48am On Oct 22, 2018
Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign. —II Kings 8:26 Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign. —II Chronicles 22:2
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by adamsbadoo(m): 7:52am On Oct 22, 2018
ARe you still saying no contradictions? OKAY SEE THIS

And it was the third hour, and they crucified him. —Mark 15:25 …

about the sixth hour…they cried out… crucify him….Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. — John 19:14-16
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by adamsbadoo(m): 7:54am On Oct 22, 2018
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. — Matthew 5:16

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. —Matthew 6:1
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by adamsbadoo(m): 7:56am On Oct 22, 2018
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. —Matthew 10:34

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. —John 16:33
Re: This Is The Commandment For Christians by Hier(m): 10:52am On Oct 23, 2018
adamsbadoo:

For I have seen God face to face. —
Genesis 32:30

And you are telling me he saw only his back?

No man has seen God sitted on the throne. God could come down in another form and it's still God, but Jesus was talking about heaven in that context

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lies About Muslims Converting To Christianity / Is Your Life Style Positive Or Negative To People Around You? / Judas Iscariot - Hero Or Villian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.