Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (427443 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 4:21pm On May 12, 2023
freebornefe2001:
Good afternoon, please what’s the next step.. thank you
Pay the visa application fee
Create cgi and pick any available date
Complete ds160
Arrange for your medicals before your interview date
And prepare for your interview
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 5:11pm On May 12, 2023
emaayjay:
Good evening guys, pls I’d like to be added to the group for the K1 visa application. I submitted my DS 160 today and tried to get an interview date on this site but got this warning.
I need advice where to go from here. Will really appreciate a response. Thanks
did u received any from embassy
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by freebornefe2001: 6:13pm On May 12, 2023
InvestorTeeMan:

Pay the visa application fee
Create cgi and pick any available date
Complete ds160
Arrange for your medicals before your interview date
And prepare for your interview
Good luck.
Thank you I appreciate
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emaayjay: 10:27pm On May 12, 2023
Airboy333:
did u received any from embassy

No message yet
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 2:01pm On May 13, 2023
emaayjay:

No message yet
u have to wait for it or u can call the embassy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emaayjay: 10:19am On May 14, 2023
Thanks for your response. Please, will the message be mailed to my address or emailed?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by steeltrust: 5:59pm On May 15, 2023
Hi guys I received my letters and it has been transferred to NVC for processing

It been three weeks now and I want to ask
For those who has past this stage how long will it take for them to finish processing and for them to notify me for my interview date
In between it a k1 visa

A reply will great
Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emaayjay: 11:39pm On May 15, 2023
Yes or No?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 5:28pm On May 16, 2023
emaayjay:
Yes or No?
if urs is LGS22 or 23 Click No ….
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 5:29pm On May 16, 2023
steeltrust:
Hi guys I received my letters and it has been transferred to NVC for processing

It been three weeks now and I want to ask
For those who has past this stage how long will it take for them to finish processing and for them to notify me for my interview date
In between it a k1 visa

A reply will great
Thanks
maybe two months and half
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 5:31pm On May 16, 2023
emaayjay:
Thanks for your response. Please, will the message be mailed to my address or emailed?
the petitioner mostly get it or u both u get through email
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Anabelle85: 10:45am On May 17, 2023
Hello everyone, pls I have a concern and will appreciate any response. I have met my fiance we spent 5 weeks together in Nigeria. He is looking to submit the K1 petition but my divorce proceedings is still ongoing and may require 3-4 months to be completed. My question is does my fiance need my divorce papers to file the K1 petition or he can proceed without it? I know my divorce will be over and docs ready before the K1 approval.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 11:50am On May 17, 2023
Anabelle85:
Hello everyone, pls I have a concern and will appreciate any response. I have met my fiance we spent 5 weeks together in Nigeria. He is looking to submit the K1 petition but my divorce proceedings is still ongoing and may require 3-4 months to be completed. My question is does my fiance need my divorce papers to file the K1 petition or he can proceed without it? I know my divorce will be over and docs ready before the K1 approval.
No in the eyes of immigration u still married so u have to wait for divorce proceeding finish

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emaayjay: 3:13pm On May 17, 2023
Airboy333:
if urs is LGS22 or 23 Click No ….

I did and got this response

How long does it take to get my packet letter?

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 5:17pm On May 17, 2023
emaayjay:

I did and got this response

How long does it take to get my packet letter?
try and call the embassy
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by leksite120(m): 6:55pm On May 17, 2023
Hello Everyone.

My sister hasn't gotten called for interview for over 3years. And she's in a very dire need to meet her husband as it's affecting her a lot emotionally, maritally and other aspect of life..
Please, is there any possible way she can get help to make this happen and getting her called for the interview ?

I will really appreciate if you guys can help with this..
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 8:52pm On May 17, 2023
leksite120:
Hello Everyone.

My sister hasn't gotten called for interview for over 3years. And she's in a very dire need to meet her husband as it's affecting her a lot emotionally, maritally and other aspect of life..
Please, is there any possible way she can get helped to make this happen and getting her called for the interview ?

I will really appreciate if you guys can help with this..
which type of petition or visa type
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Anabelle85: 10:36pm On May 17, 2023
Airboy333:
No in the eyes of immigration u still married so u have to wait for divorce proceeding finish

Thank you much
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by leksite120(m): 10:55pm On May 17, 2023
Airboy333:
which type of petition or visa type
Immigrant Visa
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 2:02am On May 18, 2023
leksite120:
Immigrant Visa
K1 or CR1
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emaayjay: 9:06am On May 18, 2023
Airboy333:
try and call the embassy

I did bro. Was asked to wait; I should get it via email any moment..said it looks good on their end
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by leksite120(m): 10:51am On May 18, 2023
InvestorTeeMan:

K1 or CR1
F2A
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 3:32pm On May 18, 2023
leksite120:
F2A

The processing time for an F2a visa petition and application can range from 1 – 10 years due to the annual cap on the number of visas issued.
You can expedite, just follow the process.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by remzor(m): 11:10pm On May 18, 2023
Nice job y’all are doing here.

I met my woman a month ago for just 7 days, I ensured I proposed to her before she left.

I am currently studying in the uk. Does anyone know the duration of this process from the uk and the required documents I need to have?

Thank you in anticipation. Cheers
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 1:28am On May 19, 2023
[quote author=remzor post=123224685]Nice job y’all are doing here.

I met my woman a month ago for just 7 days, I ensured I proposed to her before she left.

I am currently studying in the uk. Does anyone know the duration of this process from the uk and the required documents I need to have?

Thank you in anticipation. Cheers

Nice, the 7 days you guys spent together is cool, K1 takes roughly 15 months recently to be approved plus more months from nvc stage to the embassy and this depends on the backlog at the embassy you want to have your interview.

Do you mean documents to submit with your petition ?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by remzor(m): 8:03am On May 19, 2023
[quote author=InvestorTeeMan post=123225433][/quote]
Wow! 15 months… I thought it would be less than that, cos I am in the UK. It’s well.

Yes bro, the documents to submit. I want to start preparing it now.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by johnwegs(m): 9:02am On May 19, 2023
My fiancé tried to make payments for her visa application fee but the keep telling her that her number is invalid what should we do
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 3:09pm On May 19, 2023
johnwegs:
My fiancé tried to make payments for her visa application fee but the keep telling her that her number is invalid what should we do
let her put ur phone number na starting with e.g +23480
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 3:10pm On May 19, 2023
johnwegs:
use the cover letter attached to arrange the documents u we need… also do some research urslf
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by johnwegs(m): 6:59pm On May 19, 2023
Airboy333:
use the cover letter attached to arrange the documents u we need… also do some research urslf 🧐
Senior man this is her first time of trying it out she wants to come to Nigeria and she is using the immigration site I got here she has uploaded everything and it’s remaining that 160 dollars fee which immigration people want if she puts her USA number it Keeps telling her invalid number
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 7:29pm On May 19, 2023
remzor:

Wow! 15 months… I thought it would be less than that, cos I am in the UK. It’s well.

The 15 months is universal estimated uscis processing time courtesy of backlogs.
But find the information below helpful:

* Accurate K1 petition without contradiction from previous US visa application

* Evidence of your U.S. citizenship

* Flight itineraries and receipt

* Evidence you or your fiancé legally terminated any previous marriages (if applicable)

* One color passport-style photograph of yourself and one for your fiancé taken within 30 days of you filing this petition

* Evidence you and your fiancé(e) intend to marry within 90 days of their admission into the United States as a K-1 nonimmigrant

* Evidence you met your fiancé(e) in-person within two years of you filing your Form I-129F. If you haven’t met within two years, submit evidence that meeting in-person would violate strict and long-established customs of your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice or would be an extreme hardship on the petitioner.

* Filing fee - $535 for now but going up soon if the proposed increase take effect so don’t wait.

* Probably two references but not necessary

* Make sure the petition is signed if not it will be rejected and cause delay

* You can fill and attach form G-1145 to your petition to be notified via email or text when USCIS accept your application

* Pictures of you both together and maybe with friends too

* If you have the pictures of when you propose add it too

* The ring receipt add it

* Few prove of communication

* Other evidence to prove the relationship is genuine

* Copy of birth certificate

* Prove of legal name change if any

* In regards to the part 3 of the I-129f, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing charges and dispositions of any specified convictions if any

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 9:55pm On May 19, 2023
remzor:

use the cover letter attached to arrange the documents u we need… also do some research urslf 🧐

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.