Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (430468 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ajibade16: 9:16am On Oct 05, 2019
Sukey:
What do y’all have to say about this

https://www.nairaland.com/5453967/trump-bars-visas-immigrants-cant

Why is all of this happening now �

This law was there during Obama, I know people who were not allowed back in the US in 2013 because they owed a hospital a large sum of money after giving birth. Trump probably just changed something in it. People want to make Trump out to be the bad guy even when they know that Obama deported more people than Trump

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by rekeson: 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2019
Ajibade16:

This law was there during Obama, I know people who were not allowed back in the US in 2013 because they owed a hospital a large sum of money after giving birth. Trump probably just changed something in it. People want to make Trump out to be the bad guy even when they know that Obama deported more people than Trump

But I think it is going to be effective now coz it is now a Visa requirement.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
rekeson:

But I think it is going to be effective now coz it is now a Visa requirement.
Yes. It will add to many visa denials, more visas will be denied, bringing family will be more expensive.
And many Americans will stop bringing foreign fiance(e) or spouse because it will be much more expensive. If you love each other, think about living with your love in Nigeria or in any other country with cheap cost of living.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ajibade16: 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
123JohnF:

Yes. It will add to many visa denials, more visas will be denied, bringing family will be more expensive.
And many Americans will stop bringing foreign fiance(e) or spouse because it will be much more expensive. If you love each other, think about living with your love in Nigeria or in any other country with cheap cost of living.
When is it going to be effective ...I think it's going to be one of the requirements before even before the USCIS consider the appointment at first ....

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2019
Ajibade16:

When is it going to be effective ...I think it's going to be one of the requirements before even before the USCIS consider the appointment at first ....

November 3. It just sucks, really sucks!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 4:58pm On Oct 05, 2019
I was discussing this immigration laws and requirements with a friend, he said he knew once DCF and uscis offices were being closed outside the states, he knew something was coming. First it was public charge and now this. Bringing family members will be more expensive now. But K1 can scale through being that it is a non-immigrant with immigrant intent(AOS).

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ajibade16: 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
Drenimarcus:
I was discussing this immigration laws and requirements with a friend, he said he knew once DCF and uscis offices were being closed outside the states, he knew something was coming. First it was public charge and now this. Bringing family members will be more expensive now. But K1 can scale through being that it is a non-immigrant with immigrant intent(AOS).
Exactly ..K1 can only scale through
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 05, 2019
Ajibade16:

Exactly ..K1 can only scale through
K1 will put more spending and responsibility on American citizen, many will pull back, health insurance on a new immigrant is expensive and it is a monthly pay, it's an additional bill. We will see less K or CR visas in the near future.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 1:25am On Oct 06, 2019
123JohnF:

K1 will put more spending and responsibility on American citizen, many will pull back, health insurance on a new immigrant is expensive and it is a monthly pay, it's an additional bill. We will see less K or CR visas in the near future.

So does this affect those who already have their petition approved upwards,I mean up to the people that will have their interviews after the bill has been passed into law
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 5:04am On Oct 06, 2019
Sukey:

So does this affect those who already have their petition approved upwards,I mean up to the people that will have their interviews after the bill has been passed into law
The new rule says if you already have the visa issued before November 3rd, it doesn't affect you. But I wouldn't rely on that, maybe you arrive to America November 3rd or 4th and the border control will ask you for medical insurance. But after November 3rd many visas will be denied or delayed asking for obligatory medical insurance.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 11:51am On Oct 06, 2019
Yh

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 11:54am On Oct 06, 2019
Yh
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Gudnexvincent(f): 1:36pm On Oct 06, 2019
Pls how does this new rule affect k1 applicants? Someone should pls explain better so I can understand. Because I'm about to start my k1 application with my fiancée. Does this mean it'll be denied? #scared
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Gudnexvincent(f): 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2019
My fiancé's health insurance covers his wife and kids, do u think we might scale through if we decide to get married as soon as I get there, like 2 weeks after? Will this new rule affect us? Pls I need answers. Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by capello1: 1:56pm On Oct 06, 2019
kunlelikeme:
@legitbachelor...Thank God o,they have finally sent in the packet 3 to me after 6weeks .
I am required to fill some forms and send in some documents to them ,the issue now is do I send in the medical results also ?
I am planning on doing the medicals next week if the hospital can give me appointment for next week.
I hope I can get this through before our petition expires mid november

Please are u a K1 applicant or spouse, because I don't think k1s are asked to send in documents in packet 3 pls can u explain further. Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by capello1: 1:58pm On Oct 06, 2019
Gudnexvincent:
My fiancé's health insurance covers his wife and kids, do u think we might scale through if we decide to get married as soon as I get there, like 2 weeks after? Will this new rule affect us? Pls I need answers. Thanks

His wife and kids ,is your fiancé married to someone else ?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 2:32pm On Oct 06, 2019
Kk
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by capello1: 2:42pm On Oct 06, 2019
kunlelikeme:

I am a K1 applicant...according to what I read,we need to send them some documents,then after they review they will now send me notification to schedule interview.
It is complicated that I am as well confused.

Never heard of this before , what I know is that packet 3 Is telling u how to prepare for interview, where to do medicals, get police report and what documents to bring along for interview. Please go through your packet 3 again because it's the same they send to everyone.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 2:51pm On Oct 06, 2019
Kk

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by capello1: 2:56pm On Oct 06, 2019
kunlelikeme:

I can't even schedule interview without the embassy given me go ahead.
I am applying from Germany though so maybe that is why it is different or maybe I don't understand sef.
Check this link
https://de.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/Instructions-for-IV-and-K-Visa-Applicants-1.pdf

Ok since it's Germany it's a different process, u should do as they say then.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Gudnexvincent(f): 9:02pm On Oct 06, 2019
capello1:

His wife and kids ,is your fiancé married to someone else ?

He has kids and is divorced. So as soon as we get married, his health insurance covers me (as his wife). Do u think I'm on a safer aide with this?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 10:03pm On Oct 06, 2019
kunlelikeme:
@legitbachelor...Thank God o,they have finally sent in the packet 3 to me after 6weeks .
I am required to fill some forms and send in some documents to them ,the issue now is do I send in the medical results also ?
I am planning on doing the medicals next week if the hospital can give me appointment for next week.
I hope I can get this through before our petition expires mid november
For German Embassy, the instruction (based on the document from the link you provided) is to wait till you get a go ahead to schedule an interview date. They requested you first submit some documents (passport photos, birth certificate, police certificate, affidavit of support, etc) to them via courier after which they will get back to you to go ahead and schedule an interview date.

Once you schedule a date, you can then schedule your medical appointment such that it's 2 to 3 weeks before the interview date.

Hopefully you'll be able to complete this process and schedule a date before mid November. But if the expiry date is fast approaching and youve not been able to schedule, then you can do an email to them to extend the expiry date. They normally extend the expiry date automatically if its not the applicant's fault but its better to do an email to them as well.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 10:24pm On Oct 06, 2019
kunlelikeme:

And another one,my fiance does not make up to 60k per year as regards to the new rule they introduced,can my single friend who earns more than 100k so sponsor me with my fiance?
You sure it's 60K? That's pretty high! If you are sure that is the amount then yes your single friend can act as a cosponsor.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 10:46pm On Oct 06, 2019
kunlelikeme:

And another one,my fiance does not make up to 60k per year as regards to the new rule they introduced,can my single friend who earns more than 100k so sponsor me with my fiance?

Is it the new health insurance bill that will be passed into law in November you’re talking about or the public charge rule that requires minimum income of 60k a year?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 11:32pm On Oct 06, 2019
Sukey:

Is it the new health insurance bill that will be passed into law in November you’re talking about or the public charge rule that requires minimum income of 60k a year?

Ok
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 11:58pm On Oct 06, 2019
kunlelikeme:

The public rule charge

Nah bro,I think you have the wrong info.im not so sure but you should look up the info on the uscis website,60k is a lot of money to be the minimum requirement,I think it’s 18-20k or so for most states,the new health insurance Jazz that’s about to be passed is the one most likely to require a lot of money,but look it up on their website like I said.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 12:36am On Oct 07, 2019
Sukey:

Nah bro,I think you have the wrong info.im not so sure but you should look up the info on the uscis website,60k is a lot of money to be the minimum requirement,I think it’s 18-20k or so for most states,the new health insurance Jazz that’s about to be passed is the one most likely to require a lot of money,but look it up on their website like I said.
Exactly my thought. I just checked online and I saw that the minimum requirement for i864 (affidavit of support) is 21,137. That amount is 125% of federal poverty level for a household of 2.

I also think the amount is much less for i134 compared to i864. I think i134 is 100% while i864 is 125%.

cc: Kunlelikeme

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abisolaarshow(f): 6:19am On Oct 07, 2019
hi guys, so sorry I've been MIA, I arrived US last week Sunday. I'm live in a Katy,Texas. Thanks for all the help guys

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 8:32am On Oct 07, 2019
@legitbachelor,what do you know about this new health insurance bill that’s about to be passed on the 3rd of next month,would people like us be affected and do you have an idea of how much the requirement is
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 8:40am On Oct 07, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Exactly my thought. I just checked online and I saw that the minimum requirement for i864 (affidavit of support) is 21,137. That amount is 125% of federal poverty level for a household of 2.

I also think the amount is much less for i134 compared to i864. I think i134 is 100% while i864 is 125%.

cc: Kunlelikeme
What I haven't understood is if this amount is supposed to be on the gross income of the USC or the amount on the tax transcripts which is the net, any ideas bro, anyone??
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2019
abisolaarshow:
hi guys, so sorry I've been MIA, I arrived US last week Sunday. I'm live in a Katy,Texas. Thanks for all the help guys

@abisolaarshow,

Welcome to Texas and welcome to the USA!

Best!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Innobeem: 1:08pm On Oct 07, 2019
Please house I just arrived in the United States with a k1 visa on Saturday. What are the necessary things I need to do to get my social security number. Please

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.