Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (429072 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 10:01pm On Sep 27, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Thanks guys. I wish us all the very best in this journey. We shall all get our heart desires by His Grace. God is ever faithful to His children.

I will keep updating on my free time from work if there's any update.

Regards.

All the best boss. One question, the 4 months was from day of filing or biometrics?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 10:27pm On Sep 27, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Thanks

Don't mind me. Was just being overzealous grin. Its not even possible to change it till I get my greencard.

The positive however is that I was able to get a job with that SS card and work permit. The journey continues wink

See as job don set!!!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 10:35pm On Sep 27, 2019
Drenimarcus:

All the best boss. One question, the 4 months was from day of filing or biometrics?
From filing. From Biometrics, it was 3 months.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 10:39pm On Sep 27, 2019
sharpman1:

See as job don set!!!
Yes O. It appears there's job opportunities here in the States. All thanks to Trump. At least this is one positive from his Adminstration. I'll give him that.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 11:27pm On Sep 27, 2019
LegitBachelor:

Oh good. Thanks bro and all the very best!!!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 11:28pm On Sep 27, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Yes O. It appears there's job opportunities here in the States. All thanks to Trump. At least this is one positive from his Adminstration. I'll give him that.

Yes there are lots! Make ead come quick o
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Gudnexvincent(f): 11:36pm On Sep 27, 2019
Ajibade16:

Thinking the wide age difference might be a red flag when you applying for a K1 visa.I advise you to go for a spousal visa. It's better for the whole process to be late than to get yourself denied when you can actually resolve this before hand.Its just a piece of advise though ..you might still go for the K1 visa too

Considering that he's the man in this case, and our relationship is very genuine, do u think the age could be overlooked.
Secondly, can we get married on his first visit? And how long does a spouse visa take. Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Gudnexvincent(f): 12:30am On Sep 28, 2019
LegitBachelor:

Hi legitbachelor pls I'd like to contact u to ask u some personal questions. I already sent u an email. Pls do reply my email if u can't release you phone number. Thank you very much..
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ajibade16: 6:54am On Sep 28, 2019
Gudnexvincent:

Considering that he's the man in this case, and our relationship is very genuine, do u think the age could be overlooked.
Secondly, can we get married on his first visit? And how long does a spouse visa take. Thanks

If you get married on his first visit that's another red flag out there .Well all said and done since he's the man here I advise you to tell him not to file for you on his first visit ,why not coming back for the second time before the filing .There's no time frame per say as to K1 visa..but i think the maximum time frame is between 6 to 9 months .Well you can quote me if am wrong ..it's just a piece of advise to you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by reeq(m): 7:57am On Sep 28, 2019
I was denied u.s student visa 3times despite the fact that I even paid my school fees.(2000-2004)
So After my BSc I was like let me try again. So I applied for my Msc in a Canadian university. This time I used the foremost agency then for Canadian school’s (Maple) . I was denied again. Then I said ok, I guess I”d try the u.k tho I never liked the u.k. So I applied for MSc in Robert Gordon university, I still used one of the Agencies.
This one was suppose to be smooth. I went to Ikeja to collect my passport with confidence. I was shocked , I wasn’t only denied the visa but was given a 10year Ban(

I was still bent on leaving the country, So the agency said they were very sorry, They can still help. They said they help me go to Dubai to a British university. (Sussex) I was like I don’t mind .
The university said I can’t come because I already have a 10yrs ban . It didn’t make sense , even Dubai that everyone goes to I couldn’t go. It was devastating
So I just encouraged myself. I decided to stay put in Nigeria. I stayed back in Abuja after my Service at CBN Abuja.
Then in 2012, my childhood friend who has been in the states , actually I was suppose to go to the same university he went to. He told me about his Wife’s bestie(she American) . I was skeptical. I said thank you, I am not interested, I didn’t want to go through that ordeal again after failing too many times.
Then he sent me her picture (smiles) I was like ok. So we stated dating, my Wife(then Girlfriend) cAme to Nigeria twice before I decided to try the K1 visa. The rest they say is history.

I remember Nairaland helped me during the process, there was a Visa Officer from the u.s embassy that was very very helpful. I relocated to the u.s Nov 1 2014.
Today I am a u.s citizen and by the Grace and mercies of God me and my family doing great.

I just want encourage someone here, Don’t give up. You will get that visa and flourish in what your heart desires.
Kudos to the guys that created this thread.
I wish everyone on this forum the best.
God bless you all.

Thanks!

15 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 8:08am On Sep 28, 2019
Gudnexvincent:

I think the age difference is okay since he's the man. My friend got married to his nigerian wife he met just as he was about to go to the states years ago, I think the same week he travelled. He came back last year for the first time since he travelled, and they got married. She's in the states now. Their relationship was very long tho. I have someone too that married to his wife in nigeria, met online, visited the first time and got married, no issues. I think the embassy mostly frown at married on first visit when the couples involved are of a different race, religion and culture. But since he's nigerian and from the cases I've seen I might say you should be good. The decision is still yours to make. The K1 is still not a bad route too.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Gudnexvincent(f): 8:59am On Sep 28, 2019
mekusa10:

I think the age difference is okay since he's the man. My friend got married to his nigerian wife he met just as he was about to go to the states years ago, I think the same week he travelled. He came back last year for the first time since he travelled, and they got married. She's in the states now. Their relationship was very long tho. I have someone too that married to his wife in nigeria, met online, visited the first time and got married, no issues. I think the embassy mostly frown at married on first visit when the couples involved are of a different race, religion and culture. But since he's nigerian and from the cases I've seen I might say you should be good. The decision is still yours to make. The K1 is still not a bad route too.
Thank you so much for the reply
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Gudnexvincent(f): 8:59am On Sep 28, 2019
Ajibade16:

If you get married on his first visit that's another red flag out there .Well all said and done since he's the man here I advise you to tell him not to file for you on his first visit ,why not coming back for the second time before the filing .There's no time frame per say as to K1 visa..but i think the maximum time frame is between 6 to 9 months .Well you can quote me if am wrong ..it's just a piece of advise to you

Okay. Thank you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Omokaba2019(m): 7:07pm On Sep 28, 2019
reeq:
I was denied u.s student visa 3times despite the fact that I even paid my school fees.(2000-2004)
So After my BSc I was like let me try again. So I applied for my Msc in a Canadian university. This time I used the foremost agency then for Canadian school’s (Maple) . I was denied again. Then I said ok, I guess I”d try the u.k tho I never liked the u.k. So I applied for MSc in Robert Gordon university, I still used one of the Agencies.
This one was suppose to be smooth. I went to Ikeja to collect my passport with confidence. I was shocked , I wasn’t only denied the visa but was given a 10year Ban(

I was still bent on leaving the country, So the agency said they were very sorry, They can still help. They said they help me go to Dubai to a British university. (Sussex) I was like I don’t mind .
The university said I can’t come because I already have a 10yrs ban . It didn’t make sense , even Dubai that everyone goes to I couldn’t go. It was devastating
So I just encouraged myself. I decided to stay put in Nigeria. I stayed back in Abuja after my Service at CBN Abuja.
Then in 2012, my childhood friend who has been in the states , actually I was suppose to go to the same university he went to. He told me about his Wife’s bestie(she American) . I was skeptical. I said thank you, I am not interested, I didn’t want to go through that ordeal again after failing too many times.
Then he sent me her picture (smiles) I was like ok. So we stated dating, my Wife(then Girlfriend) cAme to Nigeria twice before I decided to try the K1 visa. The rest they say is history.

I remember Nairaland helped me during the process, there was a Visa Officer from the u.s embassy that was very very helpful. I relocated to the u.s Nov 1 2014.
Today I am a u.s citizen and by the Grace and mercies of God me and my family doing great.

I just want encourage someone here, Don’t give up. You will get that visa and flourish in what your heart desires.
God bless you all.

Thanks!
Am encouraged by your story. Thanks.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Anacye(f): 10:37pm On Sep 28, 2019
Congratulations sir
More grace @legitbachelor
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Anacye(f): 10:43pm On Sep 28, 2019
Attraction:
Congratulations Legit...na GOD..WIN!!!

Congratulations
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by joungblood(m): 10:31pm On Sep 29, 2019
Very important question n needs help urgently, a friend of mine is bringing his gf from usa to Nigeria next year, now he wants to know which visa process is faster and better , is it fiancee visa or spouse visa, should he do a wedding n do spouse or don't do wedding and do normal fiancee visa.. Now the important part is that this guy was denied US visa last year and the agency that package the visa for him last time, put married in the documents, because they all thought it's easier to get visa with that, so now he is concern that since he was denied b4 and he said he was married then, how is he going to do it now, will they not use that against him, that he lied or what should he say if that should come up, I'm sure it will definitely come up.. Suggestions and solutions please
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Anacye(f): 8:44am On Sep 30, 2019
please on k1 visa, how do I send letter of invitation to Tallahassee Florida ? How does my boyfriend find the cheapest airline to come to Nigeria in November?
Please will appreciate your help and answers. Thanks so much
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by capello1: 11:25am On Sep 30, 2019
Anacye:
please on k1 visa, how do I send letter of invitation to Tallahassee Florida ? How does my boyfriend find the cheapest airline to come to Nigeria in November?
Please will appreciate your help and answers. Thanks so much

Write it and scan to him to print,u don't need to send it to him, and for tickets he can use google or check Expedia.com for cheap flights,late October/ early November would be cheap and December very expensive. Airline he can get cheap flights are Turkish air, Ethiopia airlines etc

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by capello1: 11:30am On Sep 30, 2019
joungblood:
Very important question n needs help urgently, a friend of mine is bringing his gf from usa to Nigeria next year, now he wants to know which visa process is faster and better , is it fiancee visa or spouse visa, should he do a wedding n do spouse or don't do wedding and do normal fiancee visa.. Now the important part is that this guy was denied US visa last year and the agency that package the visa for him last time, put married in the documents, because they all thought it's easier to get visa with that, so now he is concern that since he was denied b4 and he said he was married then, how is he going to do it now, will they not use that against him, that he lied or what should he say if that should come up, I'm sure it will definitely come up.. Suggestions and solutions please

It will surely come up during interview, u have to tell them the truth that u lied when u applied last time and be sincere always ,lying will always hunt u. And spouse visa is few months longer than fiance visa ,u have to study both and choose which fits u better, finance is faster ,but u still continue the process in america but spouse takes longer to complete but u travel with green card.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by joungblood(m): 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2019
Thanks very helpful, but saying u lied for the first time, won't that automatically just mean say no hope for them to give u this visa?

capello1:

It will surely come up during interview, u have to tell them the truth that u lied when u applied last time and be sincere always ,lying will always hunt u. And spouse visa is few months longer than fiance visa ,u have to study both and choose which fits u better, finance is faster ,but u still continue the process in america but spouse takes longer to complete but u travel with green card.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by capello1: 4:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
joungblood:
Thanks very helpful, but saying u lied for the first time, won't that automatically just mean say no hope for them to give u this visa?

Just be sincere when asked about it and your second application won't be affected it's a seperate application but be sincere in your application
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Anacye(f): 5:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
capello1:

Write it and scan to him to print,u don't need to send it to him, and for tickets he can use google or check Expedia.com for cheap flights,late October/ early November would be cheap and December very expensive. Airline he can get cheap flights are Turkish air, Ethiopia airlines etc
Thanks so much
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by joungblood(m): 11:02pm On Sep 30, 2019
Ok thank you. How much is it gonna cost to do court wedding and wats the process, which one is highly recognized

capello1:

Just be sincere when asked about it and your second application won't be affected it's a seperate application but be sincere in your application
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2019
Hello guys, I got my NOA1 October 1st for my work permit and green card petition...

5 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by scsogbesan: 4:26pm On Oct 01, 2019
Hi Guys, I have confirmation page of my DS-160 already, am trying to schedule appointment for my k1 fiance visa interview and am stocked here. i cant find any option for k1 visa under visa category.

please someone help me out

Step 3: Please select a visa category that applies to you.

1. "F" or "J" category visas to study or participate in an exchange program in the United States
2. Working in the US
3. All other visa categories, including tourism
4. Mission

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 4:46pm On Oct 01, 2019
scsogbesan:
Hi Guys, I have confirmation page of my DS-160 already, am trying to schedule appointment for my k1 fiance visa interview and am stocked here. i cant find any option for k1 visa under visa category.

please someone help me out

Step 3: Please select a visa category that applies to you.

1. "F" or "J" category visas to study or participate in an exchange program in the United States
2. Working in the US
3. All other visa categories, including tourism
4. Mission

You’re not applying for a non-immigrant,go back to the first option and click on immigrant visa type

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by scsogbesan: 6:20pm On Oct 01, 2019
Sukey:

You’re not applying for a non-immigrant,go back to the first option and click on immigrant visa type

Thank you Sukey, this is where i am again, the below user id (onomeekerus123@gmail.com) they are referring to is not my own at all talk less of having access to it. Am suspecting an agent that helped me with my first attempt and i dont have his contact again.

Am actually done creating my personal details, and the next thing is to click on Continue. Kindly help me out..

"" Your personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user id of that profile is "onomeekerus123@gmail.com ". If you created this profile in the past, you have the option to transfer your account to this previous one in order to avoid any inconveniences that may arise from having multiple accounts.""

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 7:24pm On Oct 01, 2019
scsogbesan:

Thank you Sukey, this is where i am again, the below user id (onomeekerus123@gmail.com) they are referring to is not my own at all talk less of having access to it. Am suspecting an agent that helped me with my first attempt and i dont have his contact again.

Am actually done creating my personal details, and the next thing is to click on Continue. Kindly
help me out..

"" Your personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user id of that profile is "onomeekerus123@gmail.com ". If you created this profile in the past, you have the option to transfer your account to this previous one in order to avoid any inconveniences that may arise from having multiple accounts.""

You can either confirm or go to forgot password in the login page,but you can just transfer your account to be on the safer side
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 7:47pm On Oct 01, 2019
scsogbesan:

Am actually done creating my personal details, and the next thing is to click on Continue. Kindly help me out..

Like you said,it must have been the agent that you used back then but if they say it’s your account then believe it’s your account,click on forgot password like I said and create a new one so you can get access to the account,check the details in the account if it’s yours then you can continue from there

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anjiee(f): 9:23pm On Oct 01, 2019
reeq:

God bless you all.

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 9:26pm On Oct 01, 2019
nextlevel2222:
Hello guys, I got my NOA1 October 1st for my work permit and green card petition...

That's good to know!

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.