Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (430425 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2019
Sukey:
Who is petitioning for you
Where does she live
How did you meet her
How long have you know her
When did you start dating( my answer confused him but he ignored it regardless)
What does she do for a living?
Show me pictures
Have you/fiancée ever been married before?
Do y’all have kids?

Visa approved

see hen,as far as I’m concerned,these things do not go how we’re told or what weve read,you’re not only been asked questions,you’re having a conversation with the C.O.even tho he asked these things,there were still some things he asked that I don’t remember and all the things that I did wahala to get,they were not asked for,he only asked for pictures and he didn’t even look At everything,just flipped through 4-5 of them and gave me 2 white papers.the interview didn’t Even take up to 4minutes

NB: Prayers work,please pray!!!
Congratulations
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 3:40pm On Nov 28, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Some COs will see the intro pictures and think there was some form of traditional marriage that was done while others might not. That's why I advocate it being safe not to go with intro pictures especially if it appears as if its a traditional marriage.

However if the intro pictures was submittted during the USCIS petition stage then you have to still go with it to the Embassy. Or if the intro pictures is the only picture that can actually prove your relationship then go with it. But be ready to explain the picture and, if possible, go with more evidence to prove that no trad was done. The COs are not monsters, they are smart, they will understand.

cc Brownesugar

No lies legitbachelor,like I said different cases different CO’s but it’s better to be safe than sorry.what if you don’t take the pictures and they ask and you have nothing to show for it.my fiancée filed with the petition,a lot of receipts from vendors that we got for our engagement and our plans for the engagement so there was no way I wasn’t going to take pictures and even if she didn’t,you said it sometime ago that these people know your every move and moreover,they won’t see what you have in your folder even if you take them with you so even if they end up not asking then it’s all good but if they ask then someone better be ready to provide those things.just be able to prove that y’all just had an engagement party and nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 3:43pm On Nov 28, 2019
emmarino:
Congratulations

Thank you!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2019
Dutchleez:

Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience

Thanks man
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2019
Study4life:

Congratulations Sukey

Thank you!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 11:06pm On Nov 28, 2019
[quote author=LegitBachelor post=84444573]Some COs will see the intro pictures and think there was some form of traditional marriage that was done while others might not. That's why I advocate it being safe not to go with intro pictures especially if it appears as if its a traditional marriage.

However if the intro pictures was submittted during the USCIS petition stage then you have to still go with it to the Embassy. Or if the intro pictures is the only picture that can actually prove your relationship then go with it. But be ready to explain the picture and, if possible, go with more evidence to prove that no trad was done. The COs are not monsters, they are smart, they will understand.

cc Brownesugar[/quote

@@legitBachelor,@ sukey thank you for the advice well noted,may lld just take two along,if questions aren't asked concerning it lld just keep shut/ keep it&not bring it out.... although we did the intro after filling the petition in april 2019,what do u think? Or dont take at all?
Thank you

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 12:06am On Nov 29, 2019
brownesugar:

@@legitBachelor,@ sukey thank you for the advice well noted,may lld just take two along,if questions aren't asked concerning it lld just keep shut/ keep it&not bring it out.... although we did the intro after filling the petition in april 2019,what do u think? Or dont take at all?
Thank you
You can go with it. But don't show them unless they ask for it. Hope you have other photos that can prove your relationship? Lovely Photos of you two together is the most important. Photos of you and some of his family members as well as photos of him and your family members are equally very important.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 12:50am On Nov 29, 2019
Happy Thanksgiving guys.......

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 8:49am On Nov 29, 2019
LegitBachelor:
You can go with it. But don't show them unless they ask for it. Hope you have other photos that can prove your relationship? Lovely Photos of you two together is the most important. Photos of you and some of his family members as well as photos of him and your family members are equally very important.

Thank you @legitbachelor would do as you say,we hve lovely pictures of us together and 2pics with family members ,others fam pics are of intro ..lld know how to sort which out bro.. thank you.. bless you

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 10:53pm On Nov 29, 2019
Question for those those that got approval and the ones in the us.is it normal for my case to say ‘application received’ when I track it on the ceac website 4 days after interview.someone please gimme some clarity

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Attraction: 6:17am On Nov 30, 2019
Is there any professional exam like gmat ...u will advise someone to take here, that will make things easier for you in the US?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Study4life: 11:32am On Nov 30, 2019
Elders in the house pls I need clarification on these
Legitbachelor, Sharpman1pls your advise

Sukey u just did ur interview pls help out on this

(1)how can one arrange his pictures? Can one use picture Album? Is photo album allowed at the embassy?

(2) What can one use to hold his evidences together ( chat logs, phone call logs, emails )? Paper clips? Or Acco clips? Cuz I heard that binding or stempling of documents is not allowed

(3) After getting affidavit of bachelorhood from high court, should one proceed to marriage registry office to obtain the "Certificate of single status"?

(4) Is it true that 'certificate of single status" must be authenticate at the ministry of foreign affairs?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2019
Hello Legit baba, sharpman1, select5.. I hail you all o. Please I have a quick question. Abeg make una help me o. Is likely I travel next year June/ july. When I file for adjustment of status and green card, I didnt apply for administrative parole. Please can I still do it now and how do I go about it ? I am so confused. Also can I apply for my son (8yrs) too, we are all traveling together.
Biko help a sister.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2019
abekeade1:
Hello Legit baba, sharpman1, select5.. I hail you all o. Please I have a quick question. Abeg make una help me o. Is likely I travel next year June/ july. When I file for adjustment of status and green card, I didnt apply for administrative parole. Please can I still do it now and how do I go about it ? I am so confused. Also can I apply for my son (8yrs) too, we are all traveling together.
Biko help a sister.

Hi. If you did not file for Advance Parole (Travel Authorization) when you applied for the AOS then you'll need to file now if you want to travel or wait till you get the green card.

You will have to pay the fee for the travel authorization. You can get the form from the USCUS website and submit with requested documents.

Ofcourse you can file for your son....and its better you file now if you want to travel June/July next year because it takes about 5 to 7 months to process.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 9:32pm On Nov 30, 2019
sharpman1:

Hi. If you did not file for Advance Parole (Travel Authorization) when you applied for the AOS then you'll need to file now if you want to travel or wait till you get the green card.

You will have to pay the fee for the travel authorization. You can get the form from the USCUS website and submit with requested documents.

Ofcourse you can file for your son....and its better you file now if you want to travel June/July next year because it takes about 5 to 7 months to process.
baba, 5-7 what?!!! Please can one expedite the AP?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 10:12pm On Nov 30, 2019
sharpman1:

You will have to pay the fee for the travel authorization. You can get the form from the USCIS website and submit with requested documents.

I agree with everything you said except for the bolded. Since abekeade1 has already filled the AOS and paid the stipulated fee ($1225), she doesn't need to pay any fee for Travel Authorisation or Work Permit. She just need to download and fill the required form (I-131) and submit along with the following documents:
1. Evidence of payment of the AOS fee (NOA1 of AOS and a photocopy of the money order used)
2. Form G-1145
3. Two identical passport photos
4. Copy of birth certificate
5. Certified copy of marriage certificate
6. Copy of NOA1 and NOA2 of i129f
7. Copy of International Passport Biodata page
8. Copy of K1 Visa page and i94 printout
9. Supporting documents for advanced parole (depends on the reason you are giving for applying for advanced parole eg a relative's doctors report if the reason is to go see a sick relative OR a wedding invitation letter if the reason is to attend a wedding etc)

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 10:21pm On Nov 30, 2019
Treasureprince1:
baba, 5-7 what?!!! Please can one expedite the AP?
Yes it's possible. But it has to be an emergency.....but it's not guaranteed you'd get it.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 10:27pm On Nov 30, 2019
Study4life:

(1)how can one arrange his pictures? Can one use picture Album? Is photo album allowed at the embassy?
Yes.

(2) What can one use to hold his evidences together ( chat logs, phone call logs, emails )? Paper clips? Or Acco clips? Cuz I heard that binding or stempling of documents is not allowed
Use whichever means that will allow you produce any document when the CO requests for it. It's true that binding or stapling of documents is not allowed.

(3) After getting affidavit of bachelorhood from high court, should one proceed to marriage registry office to obtain the "Certificate of single status"?
Not necessary. That document is not even compulsory. I will only advice those who feel the CO might doubt his or her singleness to do it, not everyone.

(4) Is it true that 'certificate of single status" must be authenticate at the ministry of foreign affairs?
No.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 11:37pm On Nov 30, 2019
LegitBachelor:
I agree with everything you said except for the bolded. Since abekeade1 has already filled the AOS and paid the stipulated fee ($1225), she doesn't need to pay any fee for Travel Authorisation or Work Permit.

Legit.

My understanding is/was if he filed the work authorization and travel authorization with the AOS then he won't need to pay any additional fee....but since he filed the AOS already and now wants to file for the travel authorization separately. he will need to pay for the travel authorization.

So I went to check again and I think you are correct. I saw this on the USCIS website.

You do not need to pay an additional fee for Form I-131 if:

You are filing Form I-131 Application Type B or D;
You filed a Form I-485 with a fee on/after July 30, 2007; and
Your Form I-485 is still pending.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Study4life: 1:22am On Dec 01, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Yes.

Use whichever means that will allow you produce any document when the CO requests for it. It's true that binding or stapling of documents is not allowed.

Not necessary. That document is not even compulsory. I will only advice those who feel the CO might doubt his or her singleness to do it, not everyone.

No.

@Legit, I really appreciate you. Thanks bro
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 5:35am On Dec 01, 2019
Study4life:

I used a file folder that my fiancé sent to me,just print out the pictures and the other documents that you need and arrange them in order in the folder,it’s no biggie.

I’m not sure but you surely must not tamper with the i-134 and the tax return,like I said,get a file folder and arrange your documents in there.

Yes,I did mine in Lagos at the high court and the ikoyi registry for 30k.but guess what? I wasn’t asked for it at the interview.

The registry is under the ministry of interior.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 7:27am On Dec 01, 2019
emmarino:
How long(days) does the medical at Qlife take?
.. someone should help with this please.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 4:32pm On Dec 01, 2019
emmarino:
.. someone should help with this please.

@emmarino,

You need to call Qlife and get that information from them directly.

Cheers!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 4:39pm On Dec 01, 2019
Attraction:
Is there any professional exam like gmat ...u will advise someone to take here, that will make things easier for you in the US?

@Attraction,

Taking GMAT is basically needed if you plan to do a Graduate program(i.e. MBA). Some schools require it, while some don't request for it.

Cheers!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 12:14am On Dec 02, 2019
select500:

@emmarino,

You need to call Qlife and get that information from them directly.

Cheers!
Tnx
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Study4life: 1:38am On Dec 02, 2019
Sukey:

The registry is under the ministry of interior.

Thanks Sukey
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 2:17am On Dec 03, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Yes it's possible. But it has to be an emergency.....but it's not guaranteed you'd get it.
alright bro, thanks a lot, I'll try to expedite mine when the time comes. I'm still patiently waiting for my NOA 2, today marks our DAY 50 since NOA1 receipt. The wait is crazy and tough wink. Being the lastborn here is not easy as well, it would have looked great having someone at same immigration stage with me so that we would always give each other hope grin

Meanwhile @Sandraigho i'm really looking forward to hearing the goodnews of your NOA2 approval this week

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 5:11am On Dec 03, 2019
LegitBachelor:

@legitbachelor/legitmarried D grin
Police report(certificate) and medicals done today,however my police certificate says its valid for 3months to travel... thought its always valid for 6months or a year ?is there something wrong with it or the normal thing written on every other certificate?kindly respond&shed light. thank you..
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 6:11am On Dec 03, 2019
LegitBachelor:
I agree with everything you said except for the bolded. Since abekeade1 has already filled the AOS and paid the stipulated fee ($1225), she doesn't need to pay any fee for Travel Authorisation or Work Permit. She just need to download and fill the required form (I-131) and submit along with the following documents:
1. Evidence of payment of the AOS fee (NOA1 of AOS and a photocopy of the money order used)
2. Form G-1145
3. Two identical passport photos
4. Copy of birth certificate
5. Certified copy of marriage certificate
6. Copy of NOA1 and NOA2 of i129f
7. Copy of International Passport Biodata page
8. Copy of K1 Visa page and i94 printout
9. Supporting documents for advanced parole (depends on the reason you are giving for applying for advanced parole eg a relative's doctors report if the reason is to go see a sick relative OR a wedding invitation letter if the reason is to attend a wedding etc)

sharpman1:

Thank you legit, sharpman God bless you for me �. I know once I get in touch with you guys I have nothing to worry about. I really appreciate you and God reward you gracefully.� Amen. Thnx again

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 7:39am On Dec 03, 2019
Treasureprince1:
alright bro, thanks a lot, I'll try to expedite mine when the time comes. I'm still patiently waiting for my NOA 2, today marks our DAY 50 since NOA1 receipt. The wait is crazy and tough wink. Being the lastborn here is not easy as well, it would have looked great having someone at same immigration stage with me so that we would always give each other hope grin

Meanwhile @Sandraigho i'm really looking forward to hearing the goodnews of your NOA2 approval this week
Thanks bro
I understand exactly how you feel
Just get occupied with other things so you don't get too anxious....Your NOA2 will be here before you know
Cheers
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Papuzzy: 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2019
Please I have a fiance in the states... She's above 60 while I'm just 29 please any harm in this? We're planning to get together..
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 2:40pm On Dec 03, 2019
Papuzzy:
Please I have a fiance in the states... She's above 60 while I'm just 29 please any harm in this? We're planning to get together..

Above 60?? Let elders put mouth but age gap is too much/make them suspicious.. think spousal visa would be okay for you two.. cheers..let elders put mouth tho

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.