Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (431260 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 6:00pm On Dec 10, 2019
brownesugar:

Thanks @ disguy will do same by end of this week but another thing now is that do we still need to authenticate it?cos a npc thread i read pple were authenticating documents especially if its purpose is for immigration,my question is that been reading that its only ministry of foreign affairs in Abuja that has power to authenticate doc is it true?cant it be done in their lagos office ?to Abuja its not moi moi matter oo kindly advise appropriately...also do u have a link at npc that can help fast track at npc office in surulere lagos..thank you

I don't think we need to authenticate it, going by what our predecessors (LegitBachelor for one) have submitted. See attachment for Legit's comment on the subject.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Study4life: 6:12pm On Dec 10, 2019
disguy1:

I don't think we need to authenticate it, going by what our predecessors (LegitBachelor for one) have submitted. See attachment for Legit's comment on the subject.

@Brownesugar @disguy1, Attestation of birth Certificate should be authenticated by ministry of foreign affairs for international purposes, you can ask people at NPC cuz my friend told me about one woman that came to authenticate her children's birth certificates cuz the Embassy told her to do that and send it back to them via DHL .

Secondly, is like the authentication of birth certificates and attestation of birth certificates are done only at the Ministry of foreign affairs Abuja. Go to Facebook or Twitter and search for ministry of foreign affairs Abuja and ask them questions I think it will clarified this issue.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2019
lextube:

Okay, one more question please. In my case, I have applied several times to the US and I never stated it in all my applications that I was married. Now if she fill this info in the K-1 application, and during the Interview, the VO request to see the marriage certificate, and notices that I have been married before I started applying for the study visa in the past and never stated it, do you think it can cause a problem for me?
Thank you very much.
If your fiancee knows you were married, she MUST fill it up in your K1 visa application. She knows it's a crime to lie to the government. You also MUST tell VO you were married and bring all the documents. If you don't, it's a lie and crime and it can make you deported anytime. If it is necessary, maybe you and your fiancee will need to apply for forgiveness, it costs more and makes your visa waiting longer but it's better to come clean.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 10, 2019
sandraigho:

It will raise an eyebrow on the side of the VO so stick to what you've previously been filling in the form
So wrong. Now he needs to ask his American fiancee if she is willing to lie for him sticking to his previous lies and file for him as single, never married (K1 visa application, green card application), if she lies for him, it's not only him under deportation any day but also she could go to jail for lying.

This time he better tells the truth and shows the marriage certificate and the divorce certificate. The VO maybe could be upset and ask for an explanation or maybe gives him visa without additional paperwork. but for him it will be such a relief to travel with all correct documents and go well from the day 1. But I doubt his American fiancee will accept to apply K1 for him as single never married. She knows he was married.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Study4life: 6:46pm On Dec 10, 2019
@ Legitbachelor, Sharpman, sukey and other elders in the house
Pls I need a clarification with respect to this medicals.
Must the medicals fall within the 2 weeks of once interview? Because the available appointment dates I got when I tried to schedule a date for my medicals will be 3weeks plus 5 days to my interview.

Here are my questions
(1) has anyone gone for an interview with his/her medicals done up to 3 weeks or upto a month to his/her interview date

(2) Does it have any negative impact?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2019
sandraigho:

This is the same certificate i have as well....Dont know how to go about the authentication at NPC.
Pls advise on how to get it done & the cost as well.
Thanks

@sandraigho attestation of birth certificate.
To get that you need
1: 2 passport photos
2: photocopy of means of identification(intl passport drivers license and co)
3: An avidavit of age declaration sworn on your behalf by your Mother, Father, sister, brother uncle etc but the person must be older than you (high court) their photo attached to it
When all these are ready just take them to the National Population commission office(heard one is in surulere) the amount it will cost am yet to confirm the exact amount lld get back on price tomorrow..
After the attestation of birth certificate is issued it ll still need to be authenticated by ministry of foreign affairs Abuja(especially if its for immi purpose)my question now is cant it be authenticate in Lagos ?will one have to travel to abuja just to authenticate it or authenticating is not applicable to this type of visa?thank you

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2019
brownesugar:

To get that you need
3: An avidavit of age declaration sworn on your behalf by your Mother, Father, sister, brother uncle etc but the person must be older than you (high court) their photo attached to it
When all these are ready just take them to the National Population commission office(heard one is in surulere) the amount it will cost am yet to confirm the exact amount lld get back on price tomorrow..
After the attestation of birth certificate is issued it ll still need to be authenticated by ministry of foreign affairs Abuja(especially if its for immi purpose)my question now is cant it be authenticate in Lagos ?will one have to travel to abuja just to authenticate it or authenticating is not applicable to this type of visa?thank you

Did mine for 10k attestation. 2k Affidavit @Surulere NPC.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 10:05pm On Dec 10, 2019
brownesugar:

To get that you need

Thanks so much for this helpful info as i just got my NOA2 approval now....I'm super excited & all tnx to God
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2019
dannie007:
What exactly do you want ?

I quoted him requesting what exactly i wanted & he has kindly responded grin
Thanks!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 10:18pm On Dec 10, 2019
sandraigho:

Thanks so much for this helpful info as i just got my NOA2 approval now....I'm super excited & all tnx to God
awwww, congratulations, I wish you the best on the rest of your immigration journey, I think I'm the only one awaiting NOA2 approval on this forum now, hopefully the wait won't be too long again

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 10:18pm On Dec 10, 2019
Study4life:
@ Legitbachelor, Sharpman, sukey and other elders in the house
Pls I need a clarification with respect to this medicals.
Must the medicals fall within the 2 weeks of once interview? Because the available appointment dates I got when I tried to schedule a date for my medicals will be 3weeks plus 5 days to my interview.

Here are my questions
(1) has anyone gone for an interview with his/her medicals done up to 3 weeks or upto a month to his/her interview date

(2) Does it have any negative impact?

1. A 3 weeks / 1 month old medical is fine

2. No negative impact.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 10:53pm On Dec 10, 2019
Treasureprince1:
awwww, congratulations, I wish you the best on the rest of your immigration journey, I think I'm the only one awaiting NOA2 approval on this forum now, hopefully the wait won't be too long again
Thanks so much bro
Can't wait to rejoice with you soonest by God's grace
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 11:43pm On Dec 10, 2019
sandraigho:

Thanks so much bro
Can't wait to rejoice with you soonest by God's grace
amen, thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 11:44pm On Dec 10, 2019
Treasureprince1:
Am waiting for mine too.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 3:29am On Dec 11, 2019
disguy1:

Did mine for 10k attestation. 2k Affidavit @Surulere NPC.

@disguy1 thanks for update on the price,so they can do affidavit there(no need to do a age declaration oath at high court again or the affidavit (npc)covers authenticating at ministry of foreign affairs?)kindly shed more light.. thank you.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 3:31am On Dec 11, 2019
sandraigho:

Congratulations @ sandraigho,am awaiting my interview day... it will all end in praise..Amen..cheers
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 7:08am On Dec 11, 2019
brownesugar:

Congratulations @ sandraigho,am awaiting my interview day... it will all end in praise..Amen..cheers
Thanks dear...
Your interview will be a successful one IJN.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 9:57am On Dec 11, 2019
sandraigho:

Thanks dear...
Your interview will be a successful one IJN.

Amen!! @ sandraigho thanks babes

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 5:56pm On Dec 11, 2019
emmarino:
Am waiting for mine too.
alright, I'm not alone then wink what's your NOA1 date?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 7:48pm On Dec 11, 2019
Hi guys! I just received the notice from NVC that they’ve sent my package to Embassybin Nigeria! What should I do next?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 8:17pm On Dec 11, 2019
Treasureprince1:
alright, I'm not alone then wink what's your NOA1 date?
September 20th n urs?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 8:44pm On Dec 11, 2019
emmarino:
September 20th n yes?
your approval is imminent na, September filers are already getting their approvals, mine is October 15th
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by otomori(m): 9:16pm On Dec 11, 2019
Treasureprince1:
You're not the only one, we be two bro. I chatted you up on WhatsApp though
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 10:52pm On Dec 11, 2019
Treasureprince1:
your approval is imminent na, September filers are already getting their approvals, mine is October 15th
We will all get there.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 11:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
otomori:

You're not the only one, we be two bro. I chatted you up on WhatsApp though
really? I didn't see it, please chat me again and let me know it's you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 11:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
emmarino:
We will all get there.
yes o, i'm also glad almost everyone is getting approved at the embassy, it's a good sign, I can't wait to be with my baby o

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 1:36am On Dec 12, 2019
@ All,

For those born before 1992, it's better you get the Attestation(the Long Format) & Sworn Affidavit of Birth done @ the NPC office. ( For those in Lagos, that will be at Babs Animashaun in Surulere).

The Embassy may accept the "Short Format" of your Birth Certificate at your K-1 interview(it's better you even do the new one before your interview), but you will need the Attestation (the Long Format) & the Sworn Affidavit of Birth when you are filing for Adjustment of Status(AOS) in the U.S.

Please take note. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 6:39am On Dec 12, 2019
select500:
@ All,

For those born before 1992, it's better you get the Attestation(the Long Format) & Sworn Affidavit of Birth done @ the NPC office. ( For those in Lagos, that will be at Babs Animashaun in Surulere).

The Embassy may accept the "Short Format" of your Birth Certificate at your K-1 interview(it's better you even do the new one before your interview), but you will need the Attestation (the Long Format) & the Sworn Affidavit of Birth when you are filing for Adjustment of Status(AOS) in the U.S.

Please take note. Cheers!

thanks bro, please where can one get this done in portharcourt?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 7:18am On Dec 12, 2019
@dicsnemma

Bro Have you gotten your packet 3 yet? I never got anything o. Pls lemme know.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Cappie: 8:26am On Dec 12, 2019
brownesugar:

@efozee the medicals is strictly by appointment,u have to book for a date on their website..www.qlifefamilyclinic.com but note:booking for a date only does not secure the date except you proceed to make payment after afterwards,you can make payment via remitta,paystack or to their gtb account u ll see the payment portal there,if u dont secure the date with payment it becomes invalid after 48hours(best u secure the date with payment)payment is 61,500 naira on the portal is 51000 but they said their engineer is yet to update the price blah blah.. once that is done you can now appear on the date u choose with appt letter,intl passport ,proof or payment,the nvc letter or(know your case number off hand)if its transfer to the bank or remitta and co you shld screenshot the proof of payment and take other document needed there..
Also note u ll still pay additional N23,125 there via pos for vaccinations&co making a total of N84,625.. you can hold additional money just incase but that was what i paid in total..
according to new directives from the consulate effective november 2019,all result are to be sent to the embassy and not given to the beneficiary again but after all test is being done they ll give u a date to pick up your immunization/result and co(ur copy i guess tho yet to collect mine),prior before then or that same date given to you(after med) your result lld have been sent to the embassy already, but the imm/vac result and vaccination card,ur copy (given after) with attachment below is what you ll travel with... guess the consulate wants the result gets to them even before u or before one appear for interview...
Lastly the police report /certificate cost 7k but i bargained to 6k&got it same day,for passport photograph no specification on it tho but its best if its a white background same as US spec cos US things prefer white background...
Hope this helps.. cheers..

Pls was your fingerprint taken when you went for the police report ?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Cappie: 8:48am On Dec 12, 2019
Study4life:

@Brownesugar, pls help me check out if the stamp on your police report is the same with mine cuz I didn't see anything like "Alagbo" cuz it was emphazied on the mail i got from the embassy to ensure it is done at Alagbo police station, only Lagos that I saw on it.
Though I did it through police command Abuja( they said they usually send it to Lagos after taking the finger prints for issuing the certificate.

Pls where in Abuja was this done?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dutchleez(m): 9:51am On Dec 12, 2019
Cappie:

Pls where in Abuja was this done?

Force headquarters (Louis Edet House)
Shehu shagari way, Asokoro wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.