Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,571 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 (5053 Views)

9ice To Contest For House Of Reps In 2015 - (video) / Download everyday by 9ice to mobile / 9ice Is Going Global- 9ice To Perform At Mandelas Birthday Concert In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by Abagworo(m): 1:36am On Jul 17, 2010
from the album art he seems to have featured banky w,2face,m.i.,d-banj and rugged man.
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by mbulela: 1:42am On Jul 17, 2010
amaureece:

I beg, forget about bin a DJ or not,
9ice's music is not all about it's production (I admit the production can be ameliorated), just listen to his lyrics, learn and enjoy, No matter how superbly produced if he doesn't have lyrics, Am sure a lot of people won't listen to his songs.The versus album is set to feature King Sunny Ade and big names.so please free him I beg, I repeat, 9ice will be a Legend ,take me for my worlds. No sentiments!!!
so we should just take your words?
on what basis?
If the production was right in the past, why did he fix something that ain't broken?
singing a duet with KSA does not make it worth 2,000.
by the way the cover of VERSUS does not depict that.
the guy has talent but he tends to lack proper management and me thinks he is beginning to overestimate his ability in recent times.
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by mbulela: 1:45am On Jul 17, 2010
Abagworo:

from the album art he seems to have featured banky w,2face,m.i.,d-banj and rugged man.
that is impossicant (impossible + can't).
Mode 9 is there.
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by kashmo: 7:11am On Jul 17, 2010
A point of correction though, Gongo Aso might seem great to y'all due to its pop friendly tunes churning out, but Tradition, that's a classic! That album has depth but only lacked in the production department which I think can be forgiven. If you take out Photocopy, the rest r just almost meh undecided
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by mufasa(m): 8:28am On Jul 17, 2010
Tradition is Just alright, toook hours of listening just to get into the flow and thats for me. I wonder how non Yoruba's feel about the album.

Gongo Aso was a monster album, even in the depths of Nasarawa Toto the abokis dey jam am and not only the hit tracks but also the other ones. Infact the Abokis just leave the whole CD on goddam repeat and after 9ice don tire they pop in Flava Nabania #jor o

Its the main thing that made me stay back to do NYSC then.

But 2k too much. He is just encouraging piracy or sending us back into the days of One person will buy the CD and the rest will Dub it Copy it.

Dunno sha maybe he included some Euromillion Lotto ticket or MTN recharge PIN in it abi why should a CD cost N2000 undecided
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by lalaboi(m): 8:45am On Jul 17, 2010
Piss Taking lori Gangan grin
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by amaureece: 8:58am On Jul 17, 2010
mbulela:

so we should just take your words?
on what basis?
If the production was right in the past, why did he fix something that ain't broken?
singing a duet with KSA does not make it worth 2,000.
by the way the cover of VERSUS does not depict that.

the guy has talent but he tends to lack proper management and me thinks he is beginning to overestimate his ability in recent times.

"If the production was right in the past, why did he fix something that ain't broken?", what did he fix ?

More artist on the album including KSA, the album cover does not have to depict that. I am so disheartened why a lot of Nigerians just conclude without  having the fundamental knowledge.

[b]Here is the breakdown of the whole 2k package.

Two albums-
Bashorun Gaa and  Versus
8-video dvd
Classical and jazz version of old and new songs

The total package will contain 5 cds. Enough said.

An album titled 'Tradition' definitely portrays something-mainly targeted at 'Yoruba' market( A niche he has created for himself)

Tradition album too deep for just anyone to decipher, would choose Tradition over Gongo Aso anytime T. I look for sensible lyrics please not beats.Enough said

He is mad talented no doubt, Only tuface I rate more but he can always get better anyway,
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by eleshin(m): 9:44am On Jul 17, 2010
if dat is d case 2k is nt too much 4 both d audio nd 8 videos.KSA or no KSA i cnt buy 9ice album wit jst 1 cd 4 2k,in d whole of 9ja only 1 artist cn attract such act of extravagance frm me nd y'all no wu dat is.
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by 04kaa: 12:28pm On Jul 17, 2010
nellaluv:

you must be very silly for spewing such nonsense, mumu Undecided . Who's 9ice anyway, his music is poo. His fans can buy the cd that's if he has any.
I'm sure you just ranting for nothing, at the end of the day you be queuing for the pirated version, Oniranu oshi
[size=28pt]
[size=28pt][b]BJMIGHTY
[/size], na you this [size=28pt]nellaluv[/size] girl finish like this, your nairaland career don end o.[/b][/size]
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by MeGaStReEt: 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2010
do people still buy cd? when you can freely play the songs online over and over and over again, 9ice please increase it to 3k.
international album my foot, who know you outside africa nigeria.

you are not tuface and you can never be 2face, tuface has set a standard for himself internationaly, so do your local thing we go still appreciate am
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by infomusic: 5:16pm On Jul 17, 2010
I think 9ice just made a mistake,
2k is too much. he is over-estimating himself.
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by mbulela: 5:53pm On Jul 17, 2010
amaureece:

"If the production was right in the past, why did he fix something that ain't broken?", what did he fix ?

More artist on the album including KSA, the album cover does not have to depict that. I am so disheartened why a lot of Nigerians just conclude without  having the fundamental knowledge.

Two albums-
Bashorun Gaa and  Versus
8-video dvd

An album titled 'Tradition' definitely portrays something-mainly targeted at 'Yoruba' market( A niche he has created for himself)

Tradition album too deep for just anyone to decipher, would choose Tradition over Gongo Aso anytime T. I look for sensible lyrics please not beats.Enough said

He is mad talented no doubt, Only tuface I rate more but he can always get better anyway,

Dude, this thing is called opinion.
it is not gospel truth nor inscribed in the Geneva convention.
he should retrace his steps to Cabassa. this knew guy is using 9ice to 'learn work'.
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by tosinaded(m): 5:58pm On Jul 17, 2010
amaureece:

More artist on the album including KSA, the album cover does not have to depict that. I am so disheartened why a lot of Nigerians just conclude without having the fundamental knowledge.

Two albums-
Bashorun Gaa and Versus
8-video dvd

i see
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by amaureece: 7:24pm On Jul 17, 2010
mbulela:

Dude, this thing is called opinion.
it is not gospel truth nor inscribed in the Geneva convention.
he should retrace his steps to Cabassa. this knew guy is using 9ice to 'learn work'.

I understand what you trying to say bro, Na cabassa train the new guy, but let us not not forget Cabassa produced about 8 tracks off the Tradition album.Agreed ,the overall production especially mixing of some tracks r not superb but you can always have his sensible lyrics which makes him a radically distinctive artist.I understand what 9ice is trying to do though, sometimes as an act, you need to explore and work with different producers.
Cheepho has potentials (He produced Alanta, a hit)  and over time I am sure we'll see that, his forthcoming album features producers like Tee Y mix, Eldee et al. Peace
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by makajibbz(m): 7:34pm On Jul 17, 2010
Ahhhhh God!!!!
only God go help Naija music and music listeners!
ALANTA A HIT the dance was a hit not the song, the song was total shitt, but u knw,people hav different tastes
wetin be thier name earth quake abi hurricne tongue
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by badman(m): 9:18am On Jul 18, 2010
with those wack 3singles? he wanna sell album 4 2k?

gongo aso which is his best sef is not worth 1k
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by mrmetoo1: 7:46am On Jul 19, 2010
As someone said earlier, I think he's over-estimating himself. Confidence is good any day but don't let your ego get the better of you. Wots he thinking 2face sold his for 1k so I can sell mine for 2k? wot world is he living in? Dude needs to wake up. Tradition was a good album but I don't think it was a commercial success like Gongo Aso. His fans are talking abt deep lyrics, apparently that doesn't make cds fly off the shelves. He better come more correct than "deep lyrics" if he wants his album to move for 2k. By the way, this is coming from someone that liked Tradition though I won't go as far as calling it a classic. Selling his album for 2k is a stu-pid move IMO and Ruggedman selling his cd for 1k is just plain retarded

p.s. wot tha? u can't type "stu-pid" on NL anymore?
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by eleshin(m): 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2010
WORD! i'm sure its a mere publicity stunt.
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by jensinmi(m): 5:39am On Jul 20, 2010
Indigenous Hip Hop artists, 9ice, recently confirmed that his new[b] international CD version[/b] will sell for N2, 000

http://www.jaguda.com/2010/07/15/9ice-new-album-to-sell-for-n2000/

Folks. I think the key word here is[b] International CD Version[/b]. It makes sense that if this gets sold abroad i.e on Amazon.com that it won't sell for the equivalent of N150. Just like Sunny Ade or Lagbaja albums on Amazon don't sell for N150 or N250 equivalent.

The International Version will be sold for the equivalent of $13.00.

Obviously,  this won't be the most widespread version on sale in Nigeria.

PS: Let's not forget that the international versions of these CDs have better packaging, info booklets and other perks included in them. I have several Sunny Ade and Lagbaja albums I got from Amazon.com. The Lagbaja ones have distinct packaging, a full lyrics booklet with translations, and even reasons behind and motivation for each song.
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by effizy27: 9:49am On Jul 20, 2010
CHECK OUT EFFIZY 'DEUCES REMIX" ON YOUTUBE
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by nellaluv(f): 11:43am On Jul 21, 2010
When lalaboiy and youtube dey. . tongue
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by esteelv: 12:05pm On Jul 21, 2010
Just 2k,why not make it 20K?
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by kluv2(m): 3:25pm On Jul 21, 2010
9ice don belle full,e no need u to buy it,e go export am so dont worry about dat
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2010
yo! geez, we all know that 9ice's album is a classic, but 2,000 is bit on the far side, common lets be realistic. That price is just to high
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by tosinaded(m): 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2010
badman:

with those wack 3singles? he wanna sell album 4 2k?

gongo aso which is his best sef is not worth 1k

what is music to u?
pathetic thinking
pathetic choice of music
pathetic post
and possible pathetic poster cry
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by osasp(m): 2:51am On Jul 23, 2010
that stupid price tag will only boost bootleged sales
when huge retailers like itunes are looking for ways to make music cheaper by adding bonus contents people back home are increasing CD sales. . .lol
nija. . all sum1 needs to do is buy the CD and rip that ish to a torrent site. . .gbam the internet has it

me i dont really listen 2 him that much but if i did id b getting a pirated copy
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by semid4lyfe(m): 11:44am On Jul 23, 2010
2K too much nah.

Original CD's shouldn't go for more than N500 jare.
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 23, 2010
if only He was that good tongue

he aint worth it though.
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by siriusjoy: 1:52pm On Jul 23, 2010
He can try and see the outcome. It's business isn't it?
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by badman(m): 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2010
tosinaded@:

what is music to u?
pathetic thinking
pathetic choice of music
pathetic post
and possible pathetic poster cry

i understand your problem, u probably just learnt a new word  undecided

apparently, i take that term 'wack singles' back but 2k embarassed
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by tosinaded(m): 8:28pm On Jul 24, 2010
badman:

i understand your problem, u probably just learnt a new word undecided

apparently, i take that term 'wack singles' back but 2k embarassed

thank u, now u talking
Re: 9ice To Sell New Cd For N2,000 by googles: 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2010
is it a life time album ??

he wants to make retirements money on the album

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Frank Edwards - Under The Canopy (instrumental) / Download Lana Del Rey — norman Fucking Rockwell Album Zip / beautiful sonG ... oyea nairalanders check it out!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.