Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Samsung S9 Plus Poor 4G LTE Network Versus Other Samsung - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung S9 Plus Poor 4G LTE Network Versus Other Samsung (833 Views)

Glo 4G LTE Network Now Supports Band 3(1800 Mhz) / List Of Infinix Phones That Support 4G LTE Network / Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung S9 Plus Poor 4G LTE Network Versus Other Samsung by timijoseph01(m): 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2018
Hello guys.. I'm a great fan of Samsung Andorid devices,, and since my first Android few years back,, I 've used up to 6 android phones which are all Samsung..
Im a techie guy but still cant find an answer to this.. Recently I got a Samsung S9 Plus Duos as a birthday gift and had to put my Samsung A7 2017 for Sale..
But since I started using the S9 Plus I noticed some things,, I school in Abeokuta where the Glo 4G is on average..
While I was still using Samsung A7 2017,, I still get the 4G icon most of the hours of the day,, sometimes when it switches back to H+ all I need to is to restart the phone,, or switch on and off the airplane mode,for me to get the 4G back
But it's so strange my Samsung S9 Plus struggles on 4G,, in fact it's always on H+ and doesn't show the 4G icon..
I'm really confused cause the same sim is always on 4G on my A7 2017,, but doesn't get 4G on my S9 plus..
Also I get the 4G network too my Mifi dongle with the same sim,, but anytime I insert back to my S9 Plus, it's struggles to show the 4G icon,, always on H+..
Now back home in lagos where the Glo network is way better.. I get the 4G icon on my S9 Plus smoothly 24/7 with no issues at all...
I'm just confused,, does it mean a lower Samsung A7 2017 is more stronger in poor network condition than the highest Smaunsg phone for now the S9 Plus..??
Isn't the S9 Plus supposed to be stronger and withstand any kind of poor network..
I'm really confused.. Any help
Re: Samsung S9 Plus Poor 4G LTE Network Versus Other Samsung by Lexusgs430: 4:50pm On Oct 21, 2018
timijoseph01:
Hello guys.. I'm a great fan of Samsung Andorid devices,, and since my first Android few years back,, I 've used up to 6 android phones which are all Samsung..
Im a techie guy but still cant find an answer to this.. Recently I got a Samsung S9 Plus Duos as a birthday gift and had to put my Samsung A7 2017 for Sale..
But since I started using the S9 Plus I noticed some things,, I school in Abeokuta where the Glo 4G is on average..
While I was still using Samsung A7 2017,, I still get the 4G icon most of the hours of the day,, sometimes when it switches back to H+ all I need to is to restart the phone,, or switch on and off the airplane mode,for me to get the 4G back
But it's so strange my Samsung S9 Plus struggles on 4G,, in fact it's always on H+ and doesn't show the 4G icon..
I'm really confused cause the same sim is always on 4G on my A7 2017,, but doesn't get 4G on my S9 plus..
Also I get the 4G network too my Mifi dongle with the same sim,, but anytime I insert back to my S9 Plus, it's struggles to show the 4G icon,, always on H+..
Now back home in lagos where the Glo network is way better.. I get the 4G icon on my S9 Plus smoothly 24/7 with no issues at all...
I'm just confused,, does it mean a lower Samsung A7 2017 is more stronger in poor network condition than the highest Smaunsg phone for now the S9 Plus..??
Isn't the S9 Plus supposed to be stronger and withstand any kind of poor network..
I'm really confused.. Any help

Check it well, it's not an original Samsung device .......
Re: Samsung S9 Plus Poor 4G LTE Network Versus Other Samsung by timijoseph01(m): 4:53pm On Oct 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Check it well, it's not an original Samsung device .......
Bro I was even thinking of editing the post to point out it's an Original Samsung phone..
Bought from Slot,, and even checked and verified..
I've used Samsung android all my life,, trust me when I say I can spot a Fake Samsung device by just seeing the graphics/UI or do a restart.., i may not even need to touch the phone..
Also I indicated in the post that the 4G works well when I'm back in lag where network is okay.
This thing dey confuse me sha
Re: Samsung S9 Plus Poor 4G LTE Network Versus Other Samsung by Lexusgs430: 5:37pm On Oct 21, 2018
timijoseph01:

Bro I was even thinking of editing the post to point out it's an Original Samsung phone..
Bought from Slot,, and even checked and verified..
I've used Samsung android all my life,, trust me when I say I can spot a Fake Samsung device by just seeing the graphics/UI or do a restart.., i may not even need to touch the phone..
Also I indicated in the post that the 4G works well when I'm back in lag where network is okay.
This thing dey confuse me sha

Have you tried using apps like 4G switcher ?
Re: Samsung S9 Plus Poor 4G LTE Network Versus Other Samsung by timijoseph01(m): 6:16pm On Oct 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Wow never heard of that..
I'm going to check it out
Re: Samsung S9 Plus Poor 4G LTE Network Versus Other Samsung by timijoseph01(m): 6:17pm On Oct 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Yeah.. apps looks good with the function to enable 4G only.. but a lil prob here..
App only ready Imei one I.e Sim 1
And my Glo sim is in Sim 2,, cause I only use it to browser,, MTB is my major sim
But the app only ready Sim 1 cry and effect is only on Sim 1
Re: Samsung S9 Plus Poor 4G LTE Network Versus Other Samsung by Lexusgs430: 6:28pm On Oct 21, 2018
timijoseph01:

Yeah.. apps looks good with the function to enable 4G only.. but a lil prob here..
And my Glo sim is in Sim 2,, cause I only use it to browser,, MTB is my major sim

Oga, you want to squeeze blood out of stone? Why not just switch sim position?

1 Like

Re: Samsung S9 Plus Poor 4G LTE Network Versus Other Samsung by Lexusgs430: 6:30pm On Oct 21, 2018
timijoseph01:

Or look for an alternative app that supports duos devices .....

Oga, you cannot fit say I have not tried?
Re: Samsung S9 Plus Poor 4G LTE Network Versus Other Samsung by timijoseph01(m): 6:36pm On Oct 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Or look for an alternative app that supports duos devices .....

Oga, you cannot fit say I have not tried?
Lol.. thanks
Re: Samsung S9 Plus Poor 4G LTE Network Versus Other Samsung by MBHDTECH9: 2:42am On Oct 22, 2018
Watch the full camera comparison between the latest infinix Note 5 stylus vs tecno camon x pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJCcBs9Hs14
Re: Samsung S9 Plus Poor 4G LTE Network Versus Other Samsung by MBHDTECH9: 2:48am On Oct 22, 2018
Watch a detailed unboxing video of the latest infinix Note 5 stylus (pro), Also don't forget to subscribe to my channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3rMTh6784Q

(1) (Reply)

The Bmw X6 2010 / Samsung Galaxy A10 Full Specs / Wireless Bluetooth Earphones.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.