Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? (9141 Views)

Teni Left Without Shaking Buhari's Hand After Receiving Award From Him (Video) / 5 Politicians That Showed Respect To Peter Obi While Shaking Hands With Him / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Kumuyi Shaking Buhari, I Am Ashamed" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by BuddahOnyeMonk: 9:02am On Oct 22, 2018
Even this gigolo is not left out grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Male Harlot cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by rhektor(m): 9:11am On Oct 22, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
Edoloaded your running tongue is silent now. grin

I will show your Oba with his feet shackled in prisoner chains as two Hausa constabularies put him under arrest and led him out of palace.

If you have no grace to honor others we will teach you a deserving dis-grace and dis-honor. grin grin

Let me hear one more word from you....

He ran away for cover, àwọn were gbogbo

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by BabaRamota1980: 9:20am On Oct 22, 2018
rhektor:

He ran away for cover, àwọn were gbogbo

Edo people have assumed the yanminri attitude on internet. Unfortunately history is not in their favor on all aspects of superiority, whether to Yoruba or anyone else in their neighborhood, but they constantly seeking unearned relevance. Instead of staying quiet and out of sight they prefer to make noise and get flogged.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by comos: 9:36am On Oct 22, 2018
Edoloaded:
This is Oba Oludotun Aremu Gbadebo Alake and Paramount Ruler of Egbaland and Chairman, Ogun State Council of Obas

He met Buhari at the State House, Abuja.

21/10/2018

Yorubas have no Obas but Baale that presides over land grabbing Agberos

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 22, 2018
rhektor:

The queen was the head of government Buhari is the president tell us the difference? Oh I forgot the whites are your gods

difference is she is the queen of England and England is 1000 times greater than Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by rhektor(m): 10:56am On Oct 22, 2018
Edoloaded:

difference is she is the queen of England and England is 1000 times greater than Nigeria

Now who is having inferiority complex here? England is 1000 times better.......no wonder Ovonramwen Nogbaisi was deported to calabar by the British and you did not see any wrong in that because they are your God. Ọdẹ
BabaRamota1980:
Edoloaded your running tongue is silent now. grin

I will show your Oba with his feet shackled in prisoner chains as two Hausa constabularies put him under arrest and led him out of palace.

If you have no grace to honor others we will teach you a deserving dis-grace and dis-honor. grin grin

Let me hear one more word from you....

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 22, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

You Edos since your invasion and conquest by Biafra have been infested with ego problem.

No Yoruba Oba has ever been put in chains and arrested like criminal and bundled out of his throne to go and quench in a foreign land. Would you like to see Omo N'Oba Nogbaisi?

Say yes when you are ready for his image in shackles....
It seems you yoruba are really daft.
Oba Nogbaisi Ovonramwen is a hero.
While he was fighting a war against the british your yoruba chiefs were bowing down to the brits without giving a fight.
The title "Oba", Oba Nogbaisi was the only person who had that title when the brits arrived. It is the Edo title for the King of Benin Kingdom.
Your cowardly chiefs all copied it late in the colonial era.
Also, the sultan of sokoto and the emir of kano suffered the same fate as the Oba of Benin.
Because they also had the balls to fight against the brits, unlike the so called yoruba chiefs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30jZ4_dXQGw

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 22, 2018
Naijaguy12345:
Its the humility in him and besides who will question him if he choses not to bow. Is Buhari not older than him ? He is an Oba, a leader of about 1 million people in his town, Buhari is a leader of over 200 million people.

Even bishops bowed for Buhari. The respect is not for buhari but the office of the president.
Since when are bishops the model for self respect ?
Dude you seem ill informed about the Oba of Benin.
The Oba of Benin is the king of a kingdom.
Benin Kingdom, which as I can see you are confusing with Benin City.
Benin City is only the capital of the kingdom, just like paris is the capital of france.
The Oba of Benin is not "an oba", he is the OBA.
The title Oba is his title, your yoruba people copied it late in the colonial era.
Benin kingdom is vast, Edo-state and Delta-state are part of it.
Why don't you nigerian kids take time to educate yourselves before talking ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 22, 2018
As I can see, yoruba respect cowardice and mock heroism.
This is probably one of the reasons they are very well known for cowardice.

11 Likes

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Naijaguy12345(m): 11:22am On Oct 22, 2018
prolog2:

Since when are bishops the model for self respect ?
Dude you seem ill informed about the Oba of Benin.
The Oba of Benin is the king of a kingdom.
Benin Kingdom, which as I can see you are confusing with Benin City.
Benin City is only the capital of the kingdom, just like paris is the capital of france.
The Oba of Benin is not "an oba", he is the OBA.
The title Oba is his title, your yoruba people copied it late in the colonial era.
Benin kingdom is vast, Edo-state and Delta-state are part of it.
Why don't you nigerian kids take time to educate yourselves before talking ?
Nigerian kids ? My first daughter is as tall as you young man.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 22, 2018
Naijaguy12345:
Nigerian kids ? My first daughter is as tall as you young man.
If you reason like a kid, then I will call you "kid", regardless of the height of your daughter who may or may not exist.
So you went through your adulthood without ever educating yourself ?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 22, 2018
rhektor:

Now who is having inferiority complex here? England is 1000 times better.......no wonder Ovonramwen Nogbaisi was deported to calabar by the British and you did not see any wrong in that because they are your God. Ọdẹ

you have sense but fail to use it..

so saying the truth is having inferiority complex.

is England better than Nigeria or not..

so what's your stupidity all about

atleast I'm not an ewedu eater whose oba bows to the lifeless one

biggest ODE

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 22, 2018

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Naijaguy12345(m): 12:15pm On Oct 22, 2018
prolog2:

If you reason like a kid, then I will call you "kid", regardless of the height of your daughter who may or may not exist.
So you went through your adulthood without ever educating yourself ?
Osagie abi wetin be ya name, you can fu@k off.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by rhektor(m): 1:31pm On Oct 22, 2018
Edoloaded:

you have sense but fail to use it..

so saying the truth is having inferiority complex.

is England better than Nigeria or not..

so what's your stupidity all about

atleast I'm not an ewedu eater whose oba bows to the lifeless one

biggest ODE

I have expected you to mention Ewedu before now but you did not disappoint me. How sensible are you to believe that your Oba bowing to a white woman is better than another bowing to a Blackman? Your stupidity is out of this world

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by rhektor(m): 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2018
prolog2:

It seems you yoruba are really daft.
Oba Nogbaisi Ovonramwen is a hero.
While he was fighting a war against the british your yoruba chiefs were bowing down to the brits without giving a fight.
The title "Oba", Oba Nogbaisi was the only person who had that title when the brits arrived. It is the Edo title for the King of Benin Kingdom.
Your cowardly chiefs all copied it late in the colonial era.
Also, the sultan of sokoto and the emir of kano suffered the same fate as the Oba of Benin.
Because they also had the balls to fight against the brits, unlike the so called yoruba chiefs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30jZ4_dXQGw

Are you sure that you are ready for what you are calling for?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by rhektor(m): 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2018
BuddahOnyeMonk:

Let me know where you come from then I can take it up from there child of hate

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by highqueen(f): 1:39pm On Oct 22, 2018
Lol.
grin
Men acting all sissies
Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by rhektor(m): 1:43pm On Oct 22, 2018
BuddahOnyeMonk:

Like these ones?

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:53pm On Oct 22, 2018
kayusely70:
Besides that the oba is a retired colonel in the Nigerian Army and a junior to the president.

Wooow
Really??
Seems you know a lot about the oba or are you from Egba land??
Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:56pm On Oct 22, 2018
Edoloaded:

Bro u dey compare buhari with queen Elizabeth..

are u sure everything is alright

So the oba of Benin can bow before the Queen right??

A female for that matter. And you are Shouting foul on Buhari case. That's hypocrisy sir.

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:58pm On Oct 22, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

You Edos since your invasion and conquest by Biafra have been infested with ego problem.

No Yoruba Oba has ever been put in chains and arrested like criminal and bundled out of his throne to go and quench in a foreign land. Would you like to see Omo N'Oba Nogbaisi?

Say yes when you are ready for his image in shackles....

Yes

let me say it, on his behalf.

Besides I can one oba of Benin bowing to the Queen of England up there grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 22, 2018
rhektor:

I have expected you to mention Ewedu before now but you did not disappoint me. How sensible are you to believe that your Oba bowing to a white woman is better than another bowing to a Blackman? Your stupidity is out of this world

Bleep that shit bro

at the time that picture was taken she was the most powerful person on earth
Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by PapalsbuII: 3:10pm On Oct 22, 2018
Udantu:
This is how any self respecting king should greet

With Igwe Alfred Achebe the obi of onitsha
Agbogidi bows for no mortal

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by rhektor(m): 4:16pm On Oct 22, 2018
Edoloaded:

Bleep that shit bro

at the time that picture was taken she was the most powerful person on earth

Lol grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by kayusely70(m): 10:23pm On Oct 22, 2018
No I'm not from Abeokuta, but have been living there for about 30 years
Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Bane2020: 10:32pm On Oct 22, 2018
in the annals of Nigerian history, Yorubas were the only tribe that were EASILY conquered by the British, other tribes put up a more honorable resistance to the colonial forces(although to be fair to them, decades of war among themselves like the Kiriji wars made them significantly weaker). Much respect to the Edo people, they fought with pride and honor. Even the Igbos they mock for not having a recognized empire and monorchial structure , still have the Brits a bloody fight... The famous Ekumeku resistance by the old western Igbo people is still been studied in British universities till date as a prototype of perfectly mastered guerilla warfare and tactics ever carried out by an African tribe on the sophisticated British war machine.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by BabaRamota1980: 10:43pm On Oct 22, 2018
Bane2020:
in the annals of Nigerian history, Yorubas were the only tribe that were EASILY conquered by the British, other tribes put up a more honorable resistance to the colonial forces(although to be fair to them, decades of war among themselves like the Kiriji wars made them significantly weaker). Much respect to the Edo people, they fought with pride and honor. Even the Igbos they mock for not having a recognized empire and monorchial structure , still have the Brits a bloody fight... The famous Ekumeku resistance by the old western Igbo people is still been studied in British universities till date as a prototype of perfectly mastered guerilla warfare and tactics ever carried out by an African tribe on the sophisticated British war machine.

Why not just shut up and say you dont know history of Nigeria than open mouth and make fool of yourself.

At the coast British already realized Yoruba will not be a push over like everyone else, rather than force themselves they went straight into treaty. Thats the short of it. If you want an elaborate version, its almost 1am but I will stay up all night and face off with you blow by blow.

Bini is the weakest monarchy in South. We have the records.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by BabaRamota1980: 10:47pm On Oct 22, 2018
rhektor:

The Portuguese and Dutch conditioned and left them in that sorry state.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Oba Bows While Shaking Buhari, Is This Right For A King? by Bane2020: 10:51pm On Oct 22, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Why not just shut up and say you dont know history of Nigeria than open mouth and make fool of yourself.

At the coast British already realized Yoruba will not be a push over like everyone else, rather than force themselves they went straight into treaty. Thats the short of it. If you want an elaborate version, its almost 1am but I will stay up all night and face off with you blow by blow.

Bini is the weakest monarchy in South. We have the records.
Let's first start with how the Ijebus bent over to the predominantly Hausa infantry in just a matter of weeks.. Bring it on mate, I'm ready for some historical lessons grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos State Insists On Special Revenue Allocation / Despite Assurances, Petrol Queues Worsen In Lagos, Abuja / N77 Trillion Debt May Limit Achievements In Tinubu’s Government – MAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.