Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,020 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional (216 Views)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional by Skyfornia(m): 6:23am On Oct 22, 2018
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

MONDAY, 22ND OCTOBER. http:///2dZqtLQ

THEME: YOU’VE CRUCIFIED THE FLESH.

OPENING SCRIPTURE: And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts (Galatians 5:24).

There’re Christians who are enslaved by certain habits, which they keep praying to God to help them overcome. Unfortunately, for most of them, the more they pray, the more they find themselves controlled and dominated by those habits. This has left them confused, and thinking their situation is beyond remedy. Some have even backslidden, because they thought they couldn’t be free.

But in studying the Scriptures, we find that it says in Romans 6:14, “For Sin shall not have dominion over you....” Our opening verse is also unequivocal: “…they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts”; meaning that if you’re in Christ, you can’t be bound by any habit. So, what then is the problem of those who seem to be in bondage to certain habits? It’s simply their lack of knowledge.

God never asked us to fight the flesh or struggle with sin and habits; we’ve crucified the flesh; we’ve overcome the world; we have dominion over Satan and sin. So, when some Christians or even preachers counsel others to “crucify the flesh,” it’s a contradiction.

It’s fruitless to try to be who you already are or get what you already have. If God says you’ve crucified the flesh, then that’s it! Your role is to respond and say, “I don’t get, and can never be, dominated by sin or the flesh, because I am Christ’s. Therefore, I’ve crucified the flesh with its affections and lusts.”

Galatians 5:25 says, “If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.” Since we were born into the spirit and we live in the spirit, we’re to walk in the spirit. So, simply, if you’ve not been walking in the spirit, start walking in the spirit; that is, in the light of God’s Word. Declare, “From this day, my flesh won’t control me; my mind won’t dictate to me; I refuse to be sense-ruled, for the Word of God has become my compass, and I live the Word.”

Galatians 5:16 says, “This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” How do you walk in the Spirit? It’s by walking in the light of God’s Word. It’s by walking in the truth in Christ; in the light of your righteousness and glory in Him. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
Sin has no dominion over me. I live in the spirit, having crucified the flesh with its affections and lusts. I’ve overcome the world; I’m superior to Satan; I’m washed, sanctified, and justified, in the Name of the Lord Jesus! Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 6:11-14 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan
1 Timothy 4:1-16 & Jeremiah 11-12
2-Year Bible Reading Plan
Hebrews 11:1-16 & Ezekiel 21

http:///rorsponsorship
Please don't stop at reading, join us today let's take God's divine presence into every man's world.

(1) (Reply)

Windows On Osun 4.... Get Set / 10 Reasons Why You Must Tithe. / People Need To Turn Away From Sin — Pastor Kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.