Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Will I Be Wrong If I Sack My One Day Old Employee? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Will I Be Wrong If I Sack My One Day Old Employee? (575 Views)

Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? / MTN Nigeria Announces One-day Kid CEO, As Lagos Experiences 5G / Dangote Gains $5.8bn In One Day, Now World’s 64th Richest Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will I Be Wrong If I Sack My One Day Old Employee? by COdeGenesis: 6:16pm On Oct 22, 2018
Dear Nairalanders,

I started a small business which has growing. An opportunity came up in a new location far away from where I worked. Because of the nature of my job I had to employee someone to run the business for me. One of my managers recommended a lady to me and I interviewed her, riht from the on set my mind didnt like this lady. She seemed too dull and looked like someone that would not be able to adapt to the challenges the business will throw at her.

First she came late for the interview, she does not pick her calls, she is not always online and I cant get across to her whenever i want to pass useful information like funding accounts and carrying out some transactions. My life savings is what I use to run this business and I have even borrowed some money from friends and colleagues to invest in the business. Though she exceeded her target for the day but I she hasnt picked my calls and she is yet to return my calls. Please advise me. I dont want to think too much
Re: Will I Be Wrong If I Sack My One Day Old Employee? by Olohunjedalo(m): 6:31pm On Oct 22, 2018
COdeGenesis:
Dear Nairalanders,

I started a small business which has growing. An opportunity came up in a new location far away from where I worked. Because of the nature of my job I had to employee someone to run the business for me. One of my managers recommended a lady to me and I interviewed her, riht from the on set my mind didnt like this lady. She seemed too dull and looked like someone that would not be able to adapt to the challenges the business will throw at her.

First she came late for the interview, she does not pick her calls, she is not always online and I cant get across to her whenever i want to pass useful information like funding accounts and carrying out some transactions. My life savings is what I use to run this business and I have even borrowed some money from friends and colleagues to invest in the business. Though she exceeded her target for the day but I she hasnt picked my calls and she is yet to return my calls. Please advise me. I dont want to think too much
What’s the nature of the business ?
Is it trading ? And she’s an attendant to just sell?
Re: Will I Be Wrong If I Sack My One Day Old Employee? by 360great(m): 6:38pm On Oct 22, 2018
No two ways about this madam. This is ur hard earned money u are talking about. If your spirit /instinct doesn't accept her fire her now, before you ll regret later. You need someone that ll always be there, someone you rely on that he/she is doing the right thing even when you are not their.

2 Likes

Re: Will I Be Wrong If I Sack My One Day Old Employee? by COdeGenesis: 7:25am On Oct 23, 2018
360great:
No two ways about this madam. This is ur hard earned money u are talking about. If your spirit /instinct doesn't accept her fire her now, before you ll regret later. You need someone that ll always be there, someone you rely on that he/she is doing the right thing even when you are not their.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Will I Be Wrong If I Sack My One Day Old Employee? by COdeGenesis: 7:27am On Oct 23, 2018
Olohunjedalo:

What’s the nature of the business ?
Is it trading ? And she’s an attendant to just sell?

Attendant to sell products. She is just too dull. Imagine yesterday we made an arrangement to meet by 7am today. I was there by 6:45am. Called her by 7am she was just waking up from bed
Re: Will I Be Wrong If I Sack My One Day Old Employee? by Olohunjedalo(m): 7:42am On Oct 23, 2018
COdeGenesis:

Attendant to sell products. She is just too dull. Imagine yesterday we made an arrangement to meet by 7am today. I was there by 6:45am. Called her by 7am she was just waking up from bed
This person has said it all.
360great:
But I will say , talk to her And try to make her start taking things serious . Let her know how exactly you feel . Please do not fire her or keep her out of emotions .
If after a One or two weeks ,she still doesn’t put any effort in changing . Then you may do anything you want . It’s your enterprise.

1 Like

Re: Will I Be Wrong If I Sack My One Day Old Employee? by kunleweb: 10:17am On Oct 23, 2018
COdeGenesis:

I'ld say get details first, cross-check the facts, but never fail to follow your guts

(1) (Reply)

Khp International / How Have You Been Receiving Payment As Amazon KDP Self-publisher From Nigeria / Very Rewarding F.M.C.G Distributorship Opportuniies (Lagos Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.