Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) (1446 Views)

Debt Management Office To Sack Staff Who Leaked Official Documents / Help I Am In Debt!!!! / Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Duckmannn: 9:56pm On Oct 22, 2018
Hello nairalanders

I need your candid advice on what I can do, I lost my job about 3 years back, while working I had a business of distributing milk which I was doing with my job, so when I lost my job I just took the milk business serious then started living on it, but all of a sudden all my capital was lost everything all went down the drain, so this forced me to acquire a loan from a microfinance bank, things went on like that till present, presently am now owing seven microfinance banks and several individuals which the total sum of the debt has now summed up to over five million naira, which I don't even now am going to pay up the debts.
I have two children which I cater for pay there school fees and feed them, feeding in the house has now become a problem, i hardly go out because whenever i go out am going to meet somebody i owe who is going to embarass me, I got married to a very irresponsible husband who doesn't care about his family.
Please I need your candid advice to get myself out of diz mess am into presently and possible business I can do that can fetch me huge profit, I have a mercedez Benz jeep I can sell off to start life all over again.

Please matured comments only, thanks in anticipation of positive comments
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by MANGAM(m): 10:01pm On Oct 22, 2018
I feel ur pain. stay strong.
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Springsdy456958(m): 10:47pm On Oct 22, 2018
Wow. You just have to be Strong everything will come back to normal Very soon... Be positive.

On the aspect of starting up a business that's going to bring in Huge profit or Returns. I'll say you try Agro business. But you will also need capital amounting to millions to start up.

Secondly. If the Benz can get you smaller cars after selling it. If you're based in Lagos. Kindly sell off and get a tokunbo car to work on taxify or Uber. Then the remaining cash start agro farming supply business...
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by shortgun(m): 1:19am On Oct 23, 2018
Why call your husband irresponsible?
This shows you don't even respect him or value ur marriage.
You left the most important thing and you are chasing shadows.
Don't you know that nothing will work for you until there is peace in your home?

1 Like

Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by etiboy250: 2:15am On Oct 23, 2018
Pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by rawe45: 3:41am On Oct 23, 2018
shortgun:
Don't you know that nothing will work for you until there is peace in your home?

My thought exactly..
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by urose93(f): 5:35am On Oct 23, 2018
Your problem is within you. You don't have a money problem, but an attitude problem.
Calling your hubby 'an irresponsible man' in a public domain, no matter how pained you are is a height of insensitivity to his pride as a man.
Go back and salvage your marriage and work together as a family then more blessings will overflow. or better still get a proper divorce if there are irreconcilable issues and move on, so as not be more distracted in your day to day hustle.

1 Like

Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Contumely: 6:09am On Oct 23, 2018
shortgun:
What if he is irresponsible?

4 Likes

Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Contumely: 6:10am On Oct 23, 2018
urose93:
Your problem is within you. You don't have a money problem, but an attitude problem.
Calling your hubby 'an irresponsible man' in a public domain, no matter how pained you are is a height of insensitivity to his pride as a man.
Go back and salvage your marriage and work together as a family then more blessings will overflow. or better still get a proper divorce if there are irreconcilable issues and move on, so as not be more distracted in your day to day hustle.

what if he is irresponsible?

3 Likes

Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by AgentGoat: 6:59am On Oct 23, 2018
How's your husband irresponsible.
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 23, 2018
Whether her husband is irresponsible or not is not the issue. Whether she is out of line for calling him irresponsible is still not the issue.

Please let's focus on providing constructive advice and not nitpicking the OP's words & character.

Sorry OP, for what you're going through. I really don't know what advice to give to help you.

2 Likes

Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Duckmannn: 7:17am On Oct 23, 2018
What can I do, when he is never available to talk to him,
always drinking alcohol everyday of his life
shortgun:
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Duckmannn: 7:19am On Oct 23, 2018
He doesn't care about the family, he has never paid the children school fees, he doesn't care about how the family feeds, am still the one who feeds him
AgentGoat:
How's your husband irresponsible.
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by AgentGoat: 7:21am On Oct 23, 2018
Duckmannn:
He doesn't care about the family, he has never paid the children school fees, he doesn't care about how the family feeds, am still the one who feeds him
Is he unemployed?
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by shortgun(m): 7:22am On Oct 23, 2018
Duckmannn:
What can I do, when he is never available to talk to him,
always drinking alcohol everyday of his life
what have you done?
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Duckmannn: 7:32am On Oct 23, 2018
He's employed, a medical doctor for that matter
AgentGoat:
Is he unemployed?
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Duckmannn: 7:36am On Oct 23, 2018
Reported to his parents so they can talk to him, tried to sit him down and talk to him myself, but he wouldn't listen, we will end up fighting, even the house we live in I built it myself while I was still working
shortgun:
what have you done?

1 Like

Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by AgentGoat: 7:38am On Oct 23, 2018
Duckmannn:
He's employed, a medical doctor for that matter
You will have to report him to elders of his family.
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Duckmannn: 7:48am On Oct 23, 2018
Have done that, but he doesn't have regards for them as well
AgentGoat:
You will have to report him to elders of his family.
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by OKOATA(m): 8:43am On Oct 23, 2018
Duckmannn:
Reported to his parents so they can talk to him, tried to sit him down and talk to him myself, but he wouldn't listen, we will end up fighting, even the house we live in I built it myself while I was still working
I think you should threaten him with a divorce and maybe he would change. By the way I think you should sell your BENZ and start life again. You pay a part of your debts. Buy pieces of land and let it appreciate and sell it thereafter. Use the remaining money to open a wine store or something. I am sure you will get yourself back up.

2 Likes

Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 23, 2018
etiboy250:
I feel ur pain and I have this good news for u, if u are ready and willing I will guide u out of ur debt in two weeks. Now let's make a try and see how much we can make from this one ,it's cool, faster, reliable and you can make prompt cool cash by just entering barcodes to products online. ,just clink on this link, http://utmoney.icu/8450217366043/ follow the steps closely view ads and see how much you will make, the good news here is that you can actually make $100 in two days if you put in two hours daily, but mind you, your first withdrawal is done when your account reads $150 and it can be paid via, PayPal, Direct bank transfer, on your Credit card, and even via western union. Give it a try and you will thank me later. Good luck and happy new week whatsapp me on +23779288381 if u need any clarification. It is paying big time, give it a try and thank me later

etiboy250, how genuine and legit is this? Please be sincere, because that website is not even secure.

Considering that cash and cash transfers will be involved as claimed on the site, it's rather strange that it is not a secure site.
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Tap12345: 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2018
Duckmannn:

he is very jealous and envious of your sucess. trust me, he is busy hoarding his money and spending it elsewhere.

you have to sit up and deal with things heads on.

call a family meeting and seriously tell them you are going to end the marriage. he needs to start taking responsibility of the kids education and also contributing to the household bills.

why wont your business suffer and land yourself in debt when you have used your capital and profit to take care of the family's living expenses?

i will also advice that you get a job to support your business and also pay off some of your debt.

sell the benz (which is a very expensive car to maintain), use the funds to pay off the loans accruing interest first and worry about the interest free loans later.

consider other side businesses like cooking, tailoring (quite lucrative) or the sale of baby wares (although people might owe with this).
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Newboss(m): 4:26pm On Oct 23, 2018
etiboy250:
I feel ur pain and I have this good news for u, if u are ready and willing I will guide u out of ur debt in two weeks. Now let's make a try and see how much we can make from this one ,it's cool, faster, reliable and you can make prompt cool cash by just entering barcodes to products online. ,just clink on this link, http://utmoney.icu/8450217366043/ follow the steps closely view ads and see how much you will make, the good news here is that you can actually make $100 in two days if you put in two hours daily, but mind you, your first withdrawal is done when your account reads $150 and it can be paid via, PayPal, Direct bank transfer, on your Credit card, and even via western union. Give it a try and you will thank me later. Good luck and happy new week whatsapp me on +23779288381 if u need any clarification. It is paying big time, give it a try and thank me later

It's scam o angry
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Nobody: 5:22am On Oct 24, 2018
Duckmannn:
Hello nairalanders

I need your candid advice on what I can do...

Please I need your candid advice to get myself out of diz mess am into presently and possible business I can do that can fetch me huge profit, I have a mercedez Benz jeep I can sell off to start life all over again.

Thanks for sharing

While selling off the car could seem to be a quick fix, the deeper issue still remains:

How will there be regular income?

That will depend a lot on how you build upon your relationships.

If you were able to get up to SEVEN different bank loans, it says a bit about your interpersonal skills.

That's why you cannot afford to keep hiding.

Summon up courage and reach out to your creditors. It's not the end of the world. Ask them for any help they can give you to solve THEIR problem

(Yes, your problem is also their problem. As long you don't have any income, you can't pay them!)

In all, keep your head up

Let's know how it goes

Thanks again

1 Like

Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Steppingup4lyf: 11:41pm On Oct 24, 2018
Duckmannn:
Hello nairalanders

I need your candid advice on what I can do, I lost my job about 3 years back, while working I had a business of distributing milk which I was doing with my job, so when I lost my job I just took the milk business serious then started living on it, but all of a sudden all my capital was lost everything all went down the drain, so this forced me to acquire a loan from a microfinance bank, things went on like that till present, presently am now owing seven microfinance banks and several individuals which the total sum of the debt has now summed up to over five million naira, which I don't even now am going to pay up the debts.
I have two children which I cater for pay there school fees and feed them, feeding in the house has now become a problem, i hardly go out because whenever i go out am going to meet somebody i owe who is going to embarass me, I got married to a very irresponsible husband who doesn't care about his family.

its a long shot.but its possible.send me an email.you would see my email below
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Funkybabee(f): 11:48am On Oct 25, 2018
Apart from your irresponsible husband self why would you accured for such loan in 7different places when u know the business is still keep failing..

First of all before you can go into any business agin u need to know ur skills first, because that will determine which business u can venture in and manage it well without having such huge debt later and if it by working in any organisation then I will advice you to find a job..

As for your husband, threaten him with divorce and if he didn't shake file a divorce for him in other for free air to come in because I suspect his bad intent working against ur success though sorry to say this..

1 Like

Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by Steppingup4lyf: 4:40pm On Oct 26, 2018
Duckmannn:
Hello nairalanders

Steppingup4lyf@gmail.com
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by etiboy250: 1:23am On Jan 10, 2019
Please Nairalanders help a brother out. Please if anyone has any job at all like hotel,barman or even security guard I will gladly do it please. I am a graduate but I can't really go in for a blue collar job at moment as fire gutted my house where I live and operated my business and I lost everything. I had a shop and I was into branded clothes and shoes. So even where to live now is a challenge, am presently living at the RCCG redemption Camp at Mowe ogun state (because I had no where to go) and this happened when I just got back from Togo where I went to buy my goods. So I had cleared my account just to get stuffs for the festive period. So my reasons for asking after security or bar man (hotel) job is because I know I can be able to live within the workplace. I won't mind any kind of help you guys can render me please. My mobile number is 07016041689. (call or whatsapp) thanks in anticipation ��
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by beepositive(m): 1:57am On Jan 10, 2019
there is no problem without a solution, are you in abuja?
Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by beepositive(m): 2:01am On Jan 10, 2019
[img][/img]

Re: Help, Am In Debt Of Five Million Naira (advice Needed) by goPasky: 6:22am On Jan 10, 2019
Sell your car.
Get a job

(1) (Reply)

I Am Begining To Hate Myself. / Beads Beads Beads Beads and Beads / NOPE!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.