Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,289 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US (29125 Views)

Mmesoma's JAMB Result, Hypocrisy, And The Shadow Of Ethnic Bias / The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors / Top 10 Most Educated States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by IBreakRules: 9:01am On Oct 23, 2018
Ehiscotch:
Tell that Nikki Love that if that's her on her DP, I offer to teach her a thing or two for free. grin

Lol. See this man. Na only her comment you see?
Sorry to disappoint you, I already applied for the job.
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by VULCAN(m): 9:03am On Oct 23, 2018
Cant help but notice that the haters are all female black americans!
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 23, 2018
the problem is not Nigeria but the problem is Africa, African seems like a cursed continent. Please no one should quote me
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by crownson(m): 9:05am On Oct 23, 2018
Is's true
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Horus(m): 9:09am On Oct 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U4VaV-fOMs

Nigerian most educated in the U.S.

1 Like

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by octus2008(m): 9:10am On Oct 23, 2018
See all the positive vibes and Baba Bubu as dullard as him de be the leader of us

1 Like

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Ugosample(m): 9:11am On Oct 23, 2018
I don't know about "the most educated ethnic group"

but I'm damn sure that Nigerians are ONE of the most educated ethnic groups in the U.S., with Chinese and South Koreans in the mix too

1 Like

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Konquest: 9:11am On Oct 23, 2018
ozueozue:
An American Based Media "OZY WORLD" listed Nigerian-Americans as Best Educated ethnic group in the US, below are Americans View.
^^^^
^^^^
Nigerian-Americans are NOT an ethnic Group!
Nigeria is NOT a monolithic society... but has over
250 ethnic groups or nationalities and 400 linguistic
groups.

Many Nigerian ethnic groups are in America such as the
Yoruba, Edo, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ikwere, Ibo, Hausa, Berom,
Fulani, Baatonu of northern Kwara [U.S-based Kperogi's
ethnic group], Nupes, Igalas, Ebiras, and more!

Nigerian-Americans are BETTER CATEGORIZED as the
Best Educated "Immigrant Community" or Sub-Group
and NOT an ethnic group!

Even the Chinese are NOT one ethnic group.

Nigerians are NOT monolithic like the Japanese or
Koreans or even Arabs who have Japanese-Americans
Korean-Americans and Arab-American ethnic groups!

Nigerian-Americans would have been better categorised
as a SUB-GROUP in America - i.e., "Nigerian-Americans are Best
Educated SUB-GROUP in the US" and NOT "Nigerian-Americans are
Best Educated ethnic group in the US."

For More Read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Americans

For More Read:https://www.ozy.com/fast-forward/the-most-successful-ethnic-group-in-the-us-may-surprise-you/86885

Just my 2 cents

4 Likes

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Ranchhoddas: 9:12am On Oct 23, 2018
musicwriter:
Imagine we achieved this feat competing with them in their own language. How much more can we be; if we acquire this education in our own language?

If you remove English and we acquire education in our various native languages, we will be far ahead of white people They are not more intelligent than us, unfortunately, many years of slavery and colonialism have us believe in the lie that they are, when the opposite is actually the case.
What nonsense is this?

2 Likes

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 23, 2018
nawtyme:
Igbo Amaka joor. If it is UK, then I may think AFONJA amaka. But so far as this news is from the US, forget it,

IGBO AMAKA
Imafidon family is from Edo. Nigerians from different southern Nigerian regions are representing well. It's only the northern Nigeria I'm not sure about.

3 Likes

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by jaxxy(m): 9:13am On Oct 23, 2018
We try to excel wherever we go I Guess. Both good and bad tho. Lol

1 Like

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Topmaike007(m): 9:16am On Oct 23, 2018
Ehiscotch:
Tell that Nikki Love that if that's her on her DP, I offer to teach her a thing or two for free. grin
you are gone grin
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by frankfrancis871: 9:17am On Oct 23, 2018
adaksbullet:
We teacher and lesurer are do grate tins on our studentses that his in daspora cool

Bring ur childs too mine sch, u we be glad u are do

Mine pm his only one call away cool

This guy won't kill me, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Olumyco(m): 9:20am On Oct 23, 2018
Ugosample:
I don't know about "the most educated ethnic group"

but I'm damn sure that Nigerians are ONE of the most educated ethnic groups in the U.S., with Chinese and South Koreans in the mix too
Na wa for you ooo. They are the most educated not one of the most educated. Do you know more than the US themselves?

3 Likes

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by oddoood: 9:20am On Oct 23, 2018
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by orisa37: 9:22am On Oct 23, 2018
xtravanganza:
impressive... Nigerians are the best... we just lack management in leadership..

When The Leader is Lifeless.
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by nokatakata: 9:22am On Oct 23, 2018
and as intelligent as we are, we always vote useless air head leaders. now we are campaigning for buhari and atiku again when we have intelligent young people who are contesting. people like osibanjo and peter obi are running as vice to airheads who don't know jack.

yes we are intelligent but when foreigners see the kind of mumu leaders we have, they'll doubt if we really are intelligent.

2 Likes

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Borntofuck: 9:23am On Oct 23, 2018
I don't care all this ,buhari must go back home
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Hushteddy(m): 9:24am On Oct 23, 2018
I know a lot of NL will be searching and adding up on Facebook.

Zombies will then give credit to Their lifeless Presido.

Apc will now use this as one of their campaign strategy.

In another news, today is my baby’s birthday, come and join me celebrate those living in Abuja, come to “The Throne”.

I’m Just Atikulating

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by kingharzy: 9:26am On Oct 23, 2018
nawtyme:
Igbo Amaka joor. If it is UK, then I may think AFONJA amaka. But so far as this news is from the US, forget it,

IGBO AMAKA
Just asking. . . Wha'bout HAUSA AMAKA. .? ? i suspect she's the disappointress? ? ?
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 23, 2018
It is a well known FACT.
Not DISPUTABLE.
However, Black South Africans remain the dullest of all blacks residing abroad

1 Like

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Ugosample(m): 9:27am On Oct 23, 2018
Olumyco:

Na wa for you ooo. They are the most educated not one of the most educated. Do you know more than the US themselves?

I'm just stating my opinion

that's all.
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by SmallSimba: 9:27am On Oct 23, 2018
Nigeria exporting her best. They exported slaves, now they are exporting even the small brains that they have. Nigeria will remain a permanent poohole angry angry angry angry
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by SmallSimba: 9:28am On Oct 23, 2018
EVILFOREST:
It is a well known FACT.
Not DISPUTABLE.
However, Black South Africans remain the dullest of all blacks residing abroad

That's because SA keeps her best and exports her worst. grin grin grin
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by mikaelzX(m): 9:29am On Oct 23, 2018
nawtyme:

IGBO AMAKA
MYOPIC VIEW
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Ventura1: 9:30am On Oct 23, 2018
Pres. Buhari think otherwise
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by stinechykee: 9:32am On Oct 23, 2018
But one president of Nigeria called Nigerians criminal, fraudsters, lazy youth, etc while the rest of the world sees us as most intelligent, hardworking,etc
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by kunmiiii: 9:33am On Oct 23, 2018
Olumyco:

"Do you know more than the US themselves?"

Jesus!! OMG!!!

Your inferiority complex is alarming, and should be regarded as a crime against humanity.

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by stinechykee: 9:34am On Oct 23, 2018
Its Igbos who are in majority in USay that are always making Nigeria proud but envious afonjas and their wicked president never sees good thing in Igbo

2 Likes

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 23, 2018
GeorgeTheCoder:

Rethink your assertions. Too many flaws in there.

But he is absolutely right. Language is the vehicle that conveys knowledge.

For Africans, you first have to scale the language barrier before you can understand the information being passed.

That's a two-step process. Most of us do it ALMOST automatically that we don't notice anymore.

But for the native English speaker, there's just only one step towards understanding the information being passed.

If various indigenous groups had developed education and science with their own languages, maybe, just maybe...

1 Like

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Gangster1ms: 9:37am On Oct 23, 2018
musicwriter:
Imagine we achieved this feat competing with them in their own language. How much more can we be; if we acquire this education in our own language?

If you remove English and we acquire education in our various native languages, we will be far ahead of white people. They are not more intelligent than us, unfortunately, many years of slavery and colonialism have us believe in the lie that they are, when the opposite is actually the case.
444yrs of slavery and 88yrs of colonialism scattered africa. It's not something we recover from in just a few decades. Whites are inferior, they are the minority. Such a shame to see that most blacks don't understand or know that at all.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Meets Governor El-Rufai (Photos) / Fire Outbreak In University Of Uyo female hostel . (pictures) / Unizik Post Ume Application Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.