Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,189 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US (29138 Views)

Mmesoma's JAMB Result, Hypocrisy, And The Shadow Of Ethnic Bias / The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors / Top 10 Most Educated States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Gangster1ms: 3:26pm On Oct 23, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Thays because tye ones in the country dont want to work. They want to sleep, wake up and be successful. Those Niggerians who make somethjng of them selves work. No one hands out success to you. You work hard and earn it.

Ugosample:

well......

The thing is that the Nigerians at home DON'T WANT change and devt

that's the cold truth......

They want to keep profiting from the useless system in place

I understand, but there is a way they can still contribute. For example, sharing their knowledge and experience with the young children eager to learn down here, instead of acting like they were never from Nigeria. Some good ones come back to nigeria and become lecturers which i think is a great contribution cos students can clearly see the difference between the system they use to pass the knowledge and the system a naija based uses to pass the knowledge. Information has power, especially if the information is passed directly from someone that has being there.
If only more of them can do things in their own little way for the country, then i believe a good number of the children will have better mindset as they get matured.. na small small.
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Jaqenhghar: 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2018
Gangster1ms:

I understand, but there is a way they can still contribute. For example, sharing their knowledge and experience with the young children eager to learn down here, instead of acting like they were never from Nigeria. Some good ones come back to nigeria and become lecturers which i think is a great contribution cos students can clearly see the difference between the system they use to pass the knowledge and the system a naija based uses to pass the knowledge. Information has power, especially if the information is passed directly from someone that has being there.
If only more of them can do things in their own little way for the country, then i believe a good number of the children will have better mindset as they get matured.. na small small.
Bro. The question is how are they recieved. Ask them if they are given the chance to really make a change. The education sector neeeds an overhaul. It will cost nearly nothing to have them come join hands and change stuff. But when you try to bring your inputs the first thing people start saying is oh you are trying to outshine them. Or that has been the tradition. You cant come and just change things like that. Another thing I noticed it we dont celebrate our own. Its when oyinbos celebrate them or discover them thats when we jump on the bandwagon and start celebrating them. Look at every Nigerian success story they are always linked abroad. Never from home. The only ones we manage to celebrate are musicians and movie actors and rich people
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Jaqenhghar: 4:12pm On Oct 23, 2018
Gangster1ms:

There is one of my friend's uncles. This man went abroad on a federal scholarship and bagged awards. He chose to return to make a difference. He was assigned to sit at one desk in one agency doing nothing. After writing countless proposals and getting nothing he got tired and went back to the country he is now a lecturer helping to build their own people. See this Jelani guy too. I fear he has gone that same route. Sittong in one office being paid to do nothing
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Gangster1ms: 4:31pm On Oct 23, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

There is one of my friend's uncles. This man went abroad on a federal scholarship and bagged awards. He chose to return to make a difference. He was assigned to sit at one desk in one agency doing nothing. After writing countless proposals and getting nothing he got tired and went back to the country he is now a lecturer helping to build their own people. See this Jelani guy too. I fear he has gone that same route. Sittong in one office being paid to do nothing
At least he tried.. it might not work out but he tried and definitely his conscience has been cleared. Let's have more tries, change is constant.
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Jaqenhghar: 4:49pm On Oct 23, 2018
Gangster1ms:

At least he tried.. it might not work out but he tried and definitely his conscience has been cleared. Let's have more tries, change is constant.
Abi. It is well sha
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Ugosample(m): 9:07pm On Oct 23, 2018
RTSC:
What is there to be happy about?
Most of those people in America are the best Nigeria has to offer.

All the best graduating students, first class and sharp second class upper in your university class are all in America studying mostly on scholarships.

The rest are the children of the very rich that can afford quality expensive American education
That is why we see a tremendous educational success of Nigerians even in US.
They were already the best in Nigeria either academically or materially. .

It is sad for Nigeria, but it is the truth. Our best minds are leaving us and going away.

God knows I will join them soon.

true that

so sad tho that Nigerian best brains are leaving the country for the knuckleheads undecided
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by eneojoedu(m): 7:53am On Oct 24, 2018
Nasir123:

Abeg!.. You people should stop deceiving yourselves.

lol , how na
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Nasir123(m): 9:34am On Oct 24, 2018
eneojoedu:
lol , how na

We should use that gracious talent to repair our country first...
Running to another mans smart environment" to come and be forming too smart is kind of funny to some of us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak In University Of Uyo female hostel . (pictures) / Unizik Post Ume Application Is Out! / Burial Of Dada Oluwaseyifunmi Kehinde, FUOYE Student Killed By Police (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.