Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,573 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US (29111 Views)

Mmesoma's JAMB Result, Hypocrisy, And The Shadow Of Ethnic Bias / The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors / Top 10 Most Educated States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by baddosky1: 9:39am On Oct 23, 2018
Very true!

Dr Benneth Omalu, Philip Emeagwali are a true attestation to that fact!

2 Likes

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Gangster1ms: 9:41am On Oct 23, 2018
If only the Nigerians there can contribute to the growth of their country Nigeria. cry

1 Like

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by jedisco(m): 9:42am On Oct 23, 2018
justscorchone:
I need me an educated sister,that is working legitimately,ready to marry a year or two from now,she must have a car,preferably still staying with her parents,age between 21-30 ,tribe is not an issue.doesnt have to be model like just be presentable.

And what are your qualities/what are you bringing to the table. You have quite a number there, would be ideal if u have similar or better qualities too
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 23, 2018
God blessed this Nation with everything. Brain, Good weather, Good soil, Massive Population, lots of resources, No natural disaster. Name it.

The only problem we have is the Leadership.

My brother has been in the UK with his family for like 10years and every time the government denies his application for Citizenship on manners of reasons, His First Born is so smart, intelligent and brilliant that right from his primary school, he wins every awards in every of his classes. He finished the High school and about 3 Or 4 Universities are struggling to have him.
When Cambridge University asked him why he is not comfortable to accept their offer, he said his parents are not doing the kind of job that can see him through with his studies because the government keeps denying them their papers.

Cambridge University had to call the home office and queried them why his parents are still being denied their papers, you can't believe it my brother was called to expect his papers in days in two days , Now he's got his papers finally.

All this because God gave them a Child that is extremely brilliant.

Nigerians are the smartest people on earth and our leaders are the wickedest ( sorry for my grammar) on earth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Ugosample(m): 9:48am On Oct 23, 2018
nokatakata:
and as intelligent as we are, we always vote useless air head leaders. now we are campaigning for buhari and atiku again when we have intelligent young people who are contesting. people like osibanjo and peter obi are running as vice to airheads who don't know jack.

yes we are intelligent but when foreigners see the kind of mumu leaders we have, they'll doubt if we really are intelligent.

that's another interesting perspective to look at

nice one
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by AreaFada2: 9:50am On Oct 23, 2018
Nothing new in that. We all knew already. Only that people focus on the minuscule number who commit crimes. That is part of being immigrants anyway. That bad is exaggerated, the good often down-played.
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Ugosample(m): 9:50am On Oct 23, 2018
Gangster1ms:
If only the Nigerians there can contribute to the growth of their country Nigeria. cry

well......

The thing is that the Nigerians at home DON'T WANT change and devt

that's the cold truth......

They want to keep profiting from the useless system in place
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Ugosample(m): 9:56am On Oct 23, 2018
AreaFada2:
Nothing new in that. We all knew already. Only that people focus on the minuscule number who commit crimes. That is part of being immigrants anyway. That bad is exaggerated, the good often down-played.

true
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Horus(m): 10:05am On Oct 23, 2018
Education is important for a country to grow. Education helps to decide whom to vote in order to make a difference in the economy of a country positively. Being educated helps in deciding why to vote for a particular party over the other. Uneducated people are unaware of the importance of choosing the right people to vote for. Hence, being educated shows us the importance of voting.

1 Like

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 23, 2018
justscorchone:
I need me an educated sister,that is working legitimately,ready to marry a year or two from now,she must have a car,preferably still staying with her parents,age between 21-30 ,tribe is not an issue.doesnt have to be model like just be presentable.

Perhaps after you have replaced that frog pic in your dp shocked shocked

lets them see the real you grin grin grin
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Jaqenhghar: 10:10am On Oct 23, 2018
kennygee:
I see some bad belle ones on the comments. The hype is worth it. In every graduation season in the US and UK, our students are carting away with the awards. Our nurses and doctors are making giant strides over there since we don't appreciate them here.

Dr Bennet Omalu and the first Nigerian Fetal surgeon Oluyinka Olutoye are making us proud.
They only succeed abroad.Never in Niggeria.
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Jaqenhghar: 10:12am On Oct 23, 2018
Gangster1ms:
Thays because tye ones in the country dont want to work. They want to sleep, wake up and be successful. Those Niggerians who make somethjng of them selves work. No one hands out success to you. You work hard and earn it.
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 23, 2018
Gangster1ms:

444yrs of slavery and 88yrs of colonialism scattered africa. It's not something we recover from in just a few decades. Whites are inferior, they are the minority. Such a shame to see that most blacks don't understand or know that at all.

remain woke bro smiley wink
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by iamclime(m): 10:22am On Oct 23, 2018
musicwriter:
Imagine we achieved this feat competing with them in their own language. How much more can we be; if we acquire this education in our own language?

If you remove English and we acquire education in our various native languages, we will be far ahead of white people. They are not more intelligent than us, unfortunately, many years of slavery and colonialism have us believe in the lie that they are, when the opposite is actually the case.
Musicwriter, I quite agree with your first three sentences. We need to start teaching our kids in native tongues, or at least in Nigerian Pidgin. Some of us who went to so-called "village schools" where teachers explained concepts to us in native languages later became leaders all through our voyage in the "city schools", from secondary up to post-graduate studies. One deciding factor was the solid foundation. We really understood the concepts we were taught from childhood. I hope we'll learn, someday soon, that speaking English does not mean being educated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by iluvdonjazzy: 10:22am On Oct 23, 2018
xtravanganza:
impressive... Nigerians are the best... we just lack management in leadership..
very soon now they will say is Buhari achievement.
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by AFONJACOW(m): 10:24am On Oct 23, 2018
all these Glories should go to Flattinos and AFONJA without their competitive riverly, the unproductive Almajiri from Landlocked oil barren desert North would have return Nigeria to stone Age
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Konquest: 10:27am On Oct 23, 2018
nawtyme:
Igbo Amaka joor. If it is UK, then I may think AFONJA amaka. But so far as this news is from the US, forget it,

IGBO AMAKA
^^^^
^^^^
It says Nigeria-Americans and not only Ibos
alone! grin

There are thousands of Yoruba, Ibo, Benin-Edo, Esan-Edo,
Urhobo, Itsekiri, Baatonu[Kperogis ethnic group from Northern
Kwara and Benin Republic], Ikwere, Ijaw, Fulani, Berom,
Hausa, Nupe, Igala, Efik, Ibibio, Annang, Ekoi, and more
living in the U.K and the U.S.A!

Nigeria Amaka... Nigeria Kwenu!

Read More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Americans
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 23, 2018
Iamdazzle:

Perhaps after you have replaced that frog pic in your dp shocked shocked

lets them see the real you grin grin grin

I have something better,check out my YouTube channel @justscorchone
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by musicwriter(m): 10:43am On Oct 23, 2018
GeorgeTheCoder:

Rethink your assertions. Too many flaws in there.

Kindly point out the flaws.
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by akigbemaru: 10:49am On Oct 23, 2018
Horus:
Education is important for a country to grow. Education helps to decide whom to vote in order to make a difference in the economy of a country positively. Being educated helps in deciding why to vote for a particular party over the other. Uneducated people are unaware of the importance of choosing the right people to vote for. Hence, being educated shows us the importance of voting.
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Focusmind: 11:01am On Oct 23, 2018
See how everybody is happy irrespective of tribe. These are the kind of comments I like to be seeing on Naira land - Solidarity to the nation and to one another.

The publisher mentioned, ' Nigerian- American". They didn't put any tribe on the name. Please lets unite and continue to push the frontier of knowledge and human capacity development. That's the only key to sustainable development
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by RighteousI: 11:23am On Oct 23, 2018
it's due to the 170 million population, 1 in 5 black person is a Nigerian so obviously Nigeria will have more people running from their zoo country and chasing green cards in the diaspora. in the USA, the Nigerians there are mainly ibo, whilst in the uk they are mainly Yorubas.

I doubt this fact, because Indian, Korean and Pakistani Americans should have more professional people than Nigerian Americans.
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 23, 2018
justscorchone:

I have something better,check out my YouTube channel @justscorchone

Right!!!
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by themanderon: 12:03pm On Oct 23, 2018
Imagine if some of these people never had the opportunity to flee from this shithole would they have been able to achieve their full potentials? Our major problems which is not going away any time soon is nepotism and that useless federal character horseshit.
These has ensured that key areas of our national life is being handled by one airhead or the other leaving out competent minds from functioning in these key areas. We have practiced this archaic system for so long that its gona take us decades of doing the right thing to get the nation working again. We really need help in this nation as there is currently no light at the end of the tunnel.
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by jhubril(m): 12:26pm On Oct 23, 2018
See them falling in droves for the HYPE! Where is Donald Trump when you need him?
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by toprealman: 1:16pm On Oct 23, 2018
Ehiscotch:
Tell that Nikki Love that if that's her on her DP, I offer to teach her a thing or two for free. grin
She de IG and twitter.....hit her up fast!
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by AntiPonzihater: 2:12pm On Oct 23, 2018
justscorchone:

Resident in Lagos,the island preferably.
If you see, tell me I dy find too grin cheesy shocked
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by nawtyme: 2:15pm On Oct 23, 2018
Konquest:

^^^^
^^^^
It says Nigeria-Americans and not only Ibos
alone! grin

There are thousands of Yoruba, Ibo, Benin-Edo, Esan-Edo,
Urhobo, Itsekiri, Baatonu[Kperogis ethnic group from Northern
Kwara and Benin Republic], Ikwere, Ijaw, Fulani, Berom,
Hausa, Nupe, Igala, Efik, Ibibio, Annang, Ekoi, and more
living in the U.K and the U.S.A!

Nigeria Amaka... Nigeria Kwenu!

Read More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Americans
My brother leave talk. Just agree that IGBO AMAKA.

DAZ ALL
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Nasir123(m): 2:27pm On Oct 23, 2018
Don't ever believe everything you see on Social Media.

..We're so SMART our country is like this. ..Funny!
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by RTSC: 2:31pm On Oct 23, 2018
What is there to be happy about?
Most of those people in America are the best Nigeria has to offer.

All the best graduating students, first class and sharp second class upper in your university class are all in America studying mostly on scholarships.

The rest are the children of the very rich that can afford quality expensive American education
That is why we see a tremendous educational success of Nigerians even in US.
They were already the best in Nigeria either academically or materially. .

It is sad for Nigeria, but it is the truth. Our best minds are leaving us and going away.

God knows I will join them soon.
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Nasir123(m): 2:32pm On Oct 23, 2018
eneojoedu:
if you can make it in nigeria, you can make it anywhere.

Abeg!.. You people should stop deceiving yourselves.
Re: OZY WORLD Declares Nigeria-Americans Best Educated Ethnic Group In US by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 23, 2018
we know we are na. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Winners Chapel University Abuja - Nasarawa Kicks Off / N10,000 For UNICAL Best Graduating Student At 30th Convocation / Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.