Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,629 members, 7,854,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:48 PM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (211646 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 1:54pm On Mar 06, 2008
skeelo:

When she walks away from you mad
[ Follow her ]

When she stare's at your mouth
[ Kiss her ]

When she pushes you or hit's you
[ Grab her and don't let go ]

When she start's cussing at you
[ Kiss her and tell her you love her ]

When she's quiet
[ Ask her whats wrong ]

When she ignore's you
[ Give her your attention ]

When she pull's away
[ Pull her back ]

When you see her at her worst
[ Tell her she's beautiful ]

When you see her start crying
[Just hold her and don't say a word ]

When you see her walking
[ Sneak up and hug her waist from behind ]

When she's scared
[ Protect her ]

When she lay's her head on your shoulder
[ Tilt her head up and kiss her ]

When she steal's your favorite hat
[ Let her keep it and sleep with it for a night]

When she tease's you
[ Tease her back and make her laugh ]

When she doesnt answer for a long time
[ reassure her that everything is okay ]

When she look's at you with doubt
[ Back yourself up ]

When she say's that she like's you
[ she really does more than you could understand ]

When she grab's at your hands
[ Hold her's and play with her fingers ]

When she bump's into you
[ bump into her back and make her laugh ]

When she tell's you a secret
[ keep it safe and untold ]

When she looks at you in your eyes
[ don't look away until she does ]

When she misses you
[ she's hurting inside ]

When you break her heart
[ the pain never really goes away ]

When she says its over
[ she still wants you to be hers ]

When she repost this bulletin
[ she wants you to read it ]

- Stay on the phone with her even if shes not saying anything.

- When she's mad hug her tight and don't let go

- When she says she's ok don't believe it, talk with her

- because 10 years later she'll remember you

- Call her at 12:00am on her birthday to tell her you love her

- Call her before you sleep and after you wake up

- Treat her like she's all that matters to you.

- Tease her and let her tease you back.

- Stay up all night with her when she's sick.

- Watch her favorite movie with her or her favorite show even if you think its stupid.

- Give her the world.

- Let her wear your clothes.

- When she's bored and sad, hang out with her.

- Let her know she's important.

- Kiss her in the pouring rain.

- When she runs up at you crying, the first thing you say is;
"Who's ass am I kicking babe?"

All these you go do b/c you no get any other job?

O boy! even the poor lady will think say you be mugu embarassed

Woman wrapper tongue tongue tongue
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 2:26pm On Mar 06, 2008
Anyway my reccomendation for milan, do away with the old hags and recruit fresh and 'young' bloods like danny shittu,
obinna nwaneri, etuhu, eroimogbe, Utaka, Apam and Olofinjana. With such you can never go wrong.

@Tommyex
I was being sarcastic.
I was just using the opportunity of milan's downfall to have a dig at Naija playas.
The only person probably older than the guys I just mentioned is Paolo maldini and
then even that is disputable
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 2:29pm On Mar 06, 2008
@Alfaprime
You dey jaw me?
You never answer my ques,
I said which Uni u attend and where did you serve?

@Opoks
You brilliant no be small.
but wrestling for fit u well, well.
The way u always battle kuwena to the ground never ceases to amaze/impress me.
Anyway there's nothin like sayin some home truths.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 2:33pm On Mar 06, 2008
@Aniffy
I have not sat down to give the definition of wealth a serious thought but
I can sure define prosperity - It simply is the fulfillment of God's puporse for
one's life and the ability to maximize the gifts, talent and opportunities God
places at your disposal.
It might sometimes involve the acquisition of stupendous wealth but that is not an
essential factor - cos in Luke 12 v 15 the Master says 'Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesses'.
I think a man's prosperity is measured by the extent of his ability to accomplish his mission on this side of the divide.
but then that leads to another individual question.

What is our/my puporse here in this world?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 2:34pm On Mar 06, 2008
O God, please let Obama win the party nomination. It would make me feel swell. Please, God.  

@Kuwena
Well, I think your prayers about the democratic primaries might just be answered,
but does it matter anyway, whether Hillary or Obama wins.
Senator McCain might likely be the next American president especially
if the GOP can pull of the 'Collin Powell for VP nominee' coup.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 2:38pm On Mar 06, 2008
@skeelo
The poet
You sound like someone who will make a good husband but its just a pity say I no get junior sister.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2008
pak:

@Opoks
You brilliant no be small.
but wrestling for fit u well, well.
The way u always battle kuwena to the ground never ceases to amaze/impress me.
Anyway there's nothin like sayin some home truths.

Kai! No be wrestle we dey wrestle
People like you, someone go insult your God join
You go reply am with AC Milan tongue tongue tongue
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 4:15pm On Mar 06, 2008
@Kuwena

Don't mind them
Na only argue we dey argue
But some of those things you said, were it to an Islamic or Moslem audience, they would have delared a fatwa on you.

Besides, I bet that the Nigerians here are very tolerant.
How else would you continue to rubbish their heritage
And they continue to turn a blind eye (and make humour out of it)

I, myself would have ignored the post like I have done to some of your posts
Were it not specifically addressed to me.

Have I been too hard on you?
I couldn't help it
You are often too hard on my country
And lately, my religion.

Truths are often bitter
And some of us do not know how to dilute it.

Regards.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by niyooo(m): 5:27pm On Mar 06, 2008
Hi folks,

I must commend y'all for keeping the thread going, big ups to you guys (this also includes any lady(ies) on the thread). Though I just browse through what peeps post from time to time 'because I don't have the time to read it all not to talk of posting daily and on numerous occasion as some do. I must say you are lucky to be in working in areas that allow you post that much. So Y am i posting again? While browsing through replies, i noticed Mr Opoks and Mr. Kuwena don start again, (or more like i saw Opoks reply to something Kuwena had posted), so i had to go back to previous pages to see what Kuwena posted. At the risk of pouring petrol on this fire, I think i must comment again to Kuwena, that peeps are really not interested in what you want to do with your life, we all wish you success in whatever endeavour you want to carry out, after all at the end of the day, it's between you and your maker. If you want to worship the devil, for crying out loud it's your bloody life stop coming out here and whining about it and you can shove your egotism up the right place, why for Christ's sake do you think everyone envies you or is interested in you? You probably think that you are the epitome of perfection the way you carry on!!!! For Christ's sake get a life!!!!! I think you have a complex and probably look down your nose at other people like the Brits in the false belief that you are better than them and they actually wish they were like you, that's why you'll come out and make statements like "Blacks are inferior" and "I want to go where I'll fit in (being the US)" which literally means you feel you'll fit in with the Americans and leave us lesser inferior mortals to our idiosyncrasies!!!!! Let me explain some Gospel truth to you; People have their own issues to deal with to be overly interested in you. Some are thinking of other important issues that matter to them than to concentrate on "Kuwena-the handsome God-given talent to Nigeria that is not appreciated!!!!!!" Talking about physique, what do you want the wrestlers and other body builders to say?? Have you seen the picture of Arnold Scwazzeneger(I hope my spelling's correct) in recent times If you haven't, then go see it, you see what i'm telling you is that all that is just sand, perishable sand that diminishes as you age. What matters is not what you see when you gaze at the mirror but what you don't see in the mirror and i know you are knowledgable enough to know what i'm talking about.

It seems to me that you are just an attention seeker the way you carry on and on about yourself and i must tell you that empty barrels make the loudest noise as i'm sure you know. There's nothing new under the Sun and whatever you do has been done before. Stop coming on this thread and insulting our senses, if you think your being born in Nigeria is a mistake then you can go to America and become the next black president for all we care, that's just your bloody business, if you feel inferior because of the colour of your skin, then you can go the Wacko Jacko way, it's your life but for Christ's sake stop posting trash in the name of posting, you feel you've had it rough in life? Some people will thank God and give all they have to be in your position but all you can see is how you wish you were an american and all that, you  lost your dad, you passed through tough times and you have a bright future ahead of you, you are not an area boy under the bridge and yet you keep complaining about how you'll want to be an american, you really think the place is filled with Gold or something? Abeg make we hear word. Do whatever you want to do and you can post it if you like but please don't come here and insult me and mine because you didn't get employed in LNG.

If i've been a bit harsh, rude or uncouthly, I apologize to some people on this thread but the guy just vex me small. Make i go do my work abeg. Nothing do una
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 9:01pm On Mar 06, 2008
This our thread na very nice thread with some Abami eda posts,
Pak,nice defination,i feel that even defines SUCCESS more.

I was here!reminds me of secondary school,for those that attended boarding houses
I wuz ere cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 10:21pm On Mar 06, 2008
tommyex:

This our thread na very nice thread with some Abami eda posts,
Pak,nice defination,i feel that even defines SUCCESS more.

I was here!reminds me of secondary school,for those that attended boarding houses
I wuz ere cheesy

wetin concern boarding school for dis matter na! una don win Milan, u don dey yarn anything wey come ya mind, u funny o!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 10:29pm On Mar 06, 2008
opoks, abeg make una take am easy on skeelo, d guy no too well, if not y im go feel say anybody go get tyme do all doz things wey im list for im mumu epistle! grin

niyoo (opoks-kuwena rift brings out the best in onlookers! grin). U dey like person wey like roforofo fight. opoks, make una free kuwena abeg, a man has a right to want to run to anywhere he wishes though i no support im yabbing we country but den Freedom of speech dey for constitution o, dont forget! tongue

alagba (oops! sorry, Elder abi na Pastor) pak, ur definition tap, keep it up at least u no dey dream doz u funny dreamz again!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 10:51pm On Mar 06, 2008
@Aniffy
I think I'd borrow or adopt Pak's definition of prosperity, except to add that prosperity is also like an innate quality. In order words, a prosperous person causes whatever he is involved in to prosper. Regardless of whether he is in a pit, prison or palace, he makes the most of his situation (cf Joseph in the Bible - Gen. Chapter 37) and always brings progress and effectiveness to any venture.

On wealth, I'd say that it's definition is sort of relative. You see, what one may consider to be wealth may not even be valuable to another. Then You have the issue of changing values, social status symbols, and relative world views. For instance, someone may have several cars, mansions, and clothes, while another lives very simply, having only what he really needs, yet this second person has vast acres of lands and a huge bank balance. We would say the first is wealthier, because we can see the evidence of his wealth, whereas the latter may actually be the richer! I once saw a quote somewhere where someone said, , " I am rich: I spend less than I have, and yet I can afford to buy all that I desire, so who says I am not rich?" See what I mean, yet this fellow hasn't told us how much he spends and how much his desires are really worth. The lesson here is that You may never see yourself as being rich unless You learn to be content with what You have, and have a grateful heart. Not that You will stop exercising upward mobility (progress ,that is), but one must know when to say NO to the pressures of the rat race. The winner of the rat race (if ever there was one) is still only a RAT.

There goes! Hope it has addressed the question. I believe also that another indicator of wealth is how much you are able to give out to others, not just how much you have saved or stashed away.  

@Kuwena, niyooo

I wish we wouldn't attack one another's persons so viciously on this thread. We're only exchanging ideas. Kuwena, by now you must have felt the pulse of the generality of Nairalanders on your frequently expressed views of Nigeria. You know this thread is open to all who can log into the internet, from whatever part of the world. Please do not let out your disenchantment with Nigeria during your visa interview, because it's almost sure to cost you your entry to that land. The US. consulate is always wary of such people who come to them vowing love for America and hatred for their own fatherland. Tell You why? Their reasoning is very simple, if you cannot be a lover of your own country at heart, how then could you be a loyal citizen, and how also could you be depended on to be a law abiding resident of the US. They always want to know that You have a country to return to after your studies, too. One of the staff of the US embassy in Nigeria once jokingly told us of how they usually deliberately refuse to grant visas to those who come all dressed out in "yoppie" american style, because "they have already practised America more than the Americans" and so are probably suspect. Beware!

Niyoo, You know the funny thing about rebuking others is that before u know it, You almost fall guilty of the very same vice You set out to condemn. Are we justified to vilify Kuwena with just the same harsh tone that he used to describe his pains about Nigeria? I feel You, man, but there are better ways! Anyway, you've already appologised.

@Pak
We know where we meet, now!

@Skeelo
Man, this poem of yours is a great piece. If people could implement half of it, we would have divorce rates slashed by perhaps 60%. Keep it up, and make sure You practise what You've preached when You get married!

@Others
Keep the posts flying in. Cheerio.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 7:30am On Mar 07, 2008
AlfaPrime:

@Aniffy
I think I'd borrow or adopt Pak's definition of prosperity, except to add that prosperity is also like an innate quality. In order words, a prosperous person causes whatever he is involved in to prosper. Regardless of whether he is in a pit, prison or palace, he makes the most of his situation (cf Joseph in the Bible - Gen. Chapter 37) and always brings progress and effectiveness to any venture.

On wealth, I'd say that it's definition is sort of relative. You see, what one may consider to be wealth may not even be valuable to another. Then You have the issue of changing values, social status symbols, and relative world views. For instance, someone may have several cars, mansions, and clothes, while another lives very simply, having only what he really needs, yet this second person has vast acres of lands and a huge bank balance. We would say the first is wealthier, because we can see the evidence of his wealth, whereas the latter may actually be the richer! I once saw a quote somewhere where someone said, , " I am rich: I spend less than I have, and yet I can afford to buy all that I desire, so who says I am not rich?" See what I mean, yet this fellow hasn't told us how much he spends and how much his desires are really worth. The lesson here is that You may never see yourself as being rich unless You learn to be content with what You have, and have a grateful heart. Not that You will stop exercising upward mobility (progress ,that is), but one must know when to say NO to the pressures of the rat race. The winner of the rat race (if ever there was one) is still only a RAT.

There goes! Hope it has addressed the question. I believe also that another indicator of wealth is how much you are able to give out to others, not just how much you have saved or stashed away.

@Kuwena, niyooo

I wish we wouldn't attack one another's persons so viciously on this thread. We're only exchanging ideas. Kuwena, by now you must have felt the pulse of the generality of Nairalanders on your frequently expressed views of Nigeria. You know this thread is open to all who can log into the internet, from whatever part of the world. Please do not let out your disenchantment with Nigeria during your visa interview, because it's almost sure to cost you your entry to that land. The US. consulate is always wary of such people who come to them vowing love for America and hatred for their own fatherland. Tell You why? Their reasoning is very simple, if you cannot be a lover of your own country at heart, how then could you be a loyal citizen, and how also could you be depended on to be a law abiding resident of the US. They always want to know that You have a country to return to after your studies, too. One of the staff of the US embassy in Nigeria once jokingly told us of how they usually deliberately refuse to grant visas to those who come all dressed out in "yoppie" american style, because "they have already practised America more than the Americans" and so are probably suspect. Beware!

Niyoo, You know the funny thing about rebuking others is that before u know it, You almost fall guilty of the very same vice You set out to condemn. Are we justified to vilify Kuwena with just the same harsh tone that he used to describe his pains about Nigeria? I feel You, man, but there are better ways! Anyway, you've already appologised.

@Pak
We know where we meet, now!

@Skeelo
Man, this poem of yours is a great piece. If people could implement half of it, we would have divorce rates slashed by perhaps 60%. Keep it up, and make sure You practise what You've preached when You get married!

@Others
Keep the posts flying in. Cheerio.

@ alfaprime
thanks 4 d compliment, na people like u dey appreciate woman, no b people like kenosky wey no well
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 7:36am On Mar 07, 2008
kenosky:

opoks, abeg make una take am easy on skeelo, d guy no too well, if not y im go feel say anybody go get tyme do all doz things wey im list for im mumu epistle! grin

niyoo (opoks-kuwena rift brings out the best in onlookers! grin). You dey like person wey like roforofo fight. opoks, make una free kuwena abeg, a man has a right to want to run to anywhere he wishes though i no support im yabbing we country but den Freedom of speech dey for constitution o, don't forget! tongue

alagba (oops! sorry, Elder abi na Pastor) pak, your definition tap, keep it up at least u no dey dream doz u funny dreamz again!

@ kenosky,
i think say u don dey well these few days, but ur case just dey woorsen
algba,abeg help me give this guy deliverance prayers b4 d guy go finally go shocked
enjoy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 7:36am On Mar 07, 2008
[size=13pt]alfaprime, u know wat u just did? u expressed my definition of wealth in longhand- i salute ur mastery of the Queens language, there's this fluidity about ur lines which remind mi of my man adrinanny (God bless in whatever court he is at the moment wink  wink).

I also thank u for the advise to niyoo and kuwena, u r an elder statesman and u v continued to display this at every opportunity- More Palm oil 2 ur elbows kiss.

On ur advise to skeelo, i assure u dat it was 'Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V' so dont lose any sleep about implementation of any 60% cos i go doff my heart for the guy if im fit do 10%- ko easy ke! oops! i mean say e no easy! cool

@all, THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY ONCE MORE- GOD BLESS THE MAN WHO THOT UP FRIDAY!!

Av a lovely weekend ahead and remember if u must drink, then dont drive grin[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 7:40am On Mar 07, 2008
@Skeelo

[size=13pt]skeelo, no tell mi say u no fit read d handwritiing on the wall! embarassed kai, u go enter prison for plagiarism o- cos i cant find anywhere dat u acknowledged the owner of that work! tongue shocked[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 7:41am On Mar 07, 2008
niyooo:

Hi folks,

I must commend y'all for keeping the thread going, big ups to you guys (this also includes any lady(ies) on the thread). Though I just browse through what peeps post from time to time 'because I don't have the time to read it all not to talk of posting daily and on numerous occasion as some do. I must say you are lucky to be in working in areas that allow you post that much. So Y am i posting again? While browsing through replies, i noticed Mr Opoks and Mr. Kuwena don start again, (or more like i saw Opoks reply to something Kuwena had posted), so i had to go back to previous pages to see what Kuwena posted. At the risk of pouring petrol on this fire, I think i must comment again to Kuwena, that peeps are really not interested in what you want to do with your life, we all wish you success in whatever endeavour you want to carry out, after all at the end of the day, it's between you and your maker. If you want to worship the devil, for crying out loud it's your bloody life stop coming out here and whining about it and you can shove your egotism up the right place, why for Christ's sake do you think everyone envies you or is interested in you? You probably think that you are the epitome of perfection the way you carry on!!!! For Christ's sake get a life!!!!! I think you have a complex and probably look down your nose at other people like the Brits in the false belief that you are better than them and they actually wish they were like you, that's why you'll come out and make statements like "Blacks are inferior" and "I want to go where I'll fit in (being the US)" which literally means you feel you'll fit in with the Americans and leave us lesser inferior mortals to our idiosyncrasies!!!!! Let me explain some Gospel truth to you; People have their own issues to deal with to be overly interested in you. Some are thinking of other important issues that matter to them than to concentrate on "Kuwena-the handsome God-given talent to Nigeria that is not appreciated!!!!!!" Talking about physique, what do you want the wrestlers and other body builders to say?? Have you seen the picture of Arnold Scwazzeneger(I hope my spelling's correct) in recent times If you haven't, then go see it, you see what i'm telling you is that all that is just sand, perishable sand that diminishes as you age. What matters is not what you see when you gaze at the mirror but what you don't see in the mirror and i know you are knowledgable enough to know what i'm talking about.

It seems to me that you are just an attention seeker the way you carry on and on about yourself and i must tell you that empty barrels make the loudest noise as i'm sure you know. There's nothing new under the Sun and whatever you do has been done before. Stop coming on this thread and insulting our senses, if you think your being born in Nigeria is a mistake then you can go to America and become the next black president for all we care, that's just your bloody business, if you feel inferior because of the colour of your skin, then you can go the Wacko Jacko way, it's your life but for Christ's sake stop posting trash in the name of posting, you feel you've had it rough in life? Some people will thank God and give all they have to be in your position but all you can see is how you wish you were an american and all that, you  lost your dad, you passed through tough times and you have a bright future ahead of you, you are not an area boy under the bridge and yet you keep complaining about how you'll want to be an american, you really think the place is filled with Gold or something? Abeg make we hear word. Do whatever you want to do and you can post it if you like but please don't come here and insult me and mine because you didn't get employed in LNG.

If i've been a bit harsh, rude or uncouthly, I apologize to some people on this thread but the guy just vex me small. Make i go do my work abeg. Nothing do una

@ niyoooo
u try well with ur epistle
first  where u from show come?
where u dey all this while?
why na now u surface again?
if person vex u, kip ur vexation inside u, we no dey share vexation for this trend, na views and advice we dey share
if i don vex u, me self i apologize, take am easy, mr niyyyyoooo

make nobody vex cos of Mr niyooo, let the trend continue as usual
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 7:44am On Mar 07, 2008
kenosky:

[size=13pt]skeelo, no tell mi say u no fit read d handwritiing on the wall! embarassed kai, u go enter prison for plagiarism o- because i can't find anywhere that u acknowledged the owner of that work! tongue shocked[/size]

@ kenosky, wen elderly men dey talk, no dey put mouth
Men of integirty and alakrity acknowledge my handwork, u wan put salt for my gari
all the rhymes wey u steal don finish u no see anything write again, that wan com mean say make u deey beef
abeg my people
thanks for ur appreciation, am very pleases to b associated with men like [size=28pt]u[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 11:31am On Mar 07, 2008
opokonwa:

Kai! No be wrestle we dey wrestle
People like you, someone go insult your God join
You go reply am with AC Milan tongue tongue tongue

grin grin grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 11:33am On Mar 07, 2008
@Alfaprime

How now?
I'll try linking up over the weekend.
Wonder if you are back in lagos
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 11:42am On Mar 07, 2008
Alfaprime's take on wealth reminds me of an article in 'The answer' version of the Bible. I saw a modified version online recently but it was just as funny. Here is it

What's success?
An American businessman was at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellow fin tuna. The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them.

The Mexican replied, "Only a little while."

"You're such an excellent fisherman," said the American. "Why don't you stay out longer and catch more fish?"

The Mexican said he had enough to support his family's immediate needs.

The American then asked, "But what do you do with the rest of your time?

The Mexican fisherman said, "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take a siesta with my wife, and stroll into the village each evening, where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos. I have a full and busy life, senor."

The American scoffed, "I am a Harvard MBA, and could help you. If you spent more time fishing, you could buy a bigger boat. Then you could buy several boats. Eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your catch to a middleman, you could sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then L.A., and eventually New York City, where you would run your expanding enterprise."

The Mexican fisherman asked, "But senor, how long will this all take?"

To which the American replied, "15 to 20 years."

"But what then, senor?"

The American laughed and said, "That's the best part. When the time was right, you would announce a public offering, sell your company stock to the public, and become very rich. You would make millions."

"Millions, senor? Then what?"

The American said, "Then you could retire. You know, move to a small coastal fishing village -- where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take siestas with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos."
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 7:47pm On Mar 07, 2008
[size=13pt]pak, u remind mi of 2 pac- 'dats just the way it is, things will never be the same!', after all d hustle, it still boils down to that one thing- peace of mind and getting what u want and doing what u want when u want! oops! i hope say i never confuse u skeelo?[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 7:49pm On Mar 07, 2008
@ kenosky, when elderly men dey talk, no dey put mouth
Men of integirty and alakrity acknowledge my handwork, u wan put salt for my gari
all the rhymes wey u steal don finish u no see anything write again, that wan com mean say make u deey beef
abeg my people
thanks for your appreciation, am very pleases to b associated with men like [size=28pt]u[/size]

[size=14pt]skeelo, i don yarn finish- i no go fit come visit u for prison o! grin[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 12:04am On Mar 08, 2008
skeelo:

@ niyoooo
u try well with your epistle
first where u from show come?
where u dey all this while?
why na now u surface again?
if person vex u, kip your vexation inside u, we no dey share vexation for this trend, na views and advice we dey share
if i don vex u, me self i apologize, take am easy, mr niyyyyoooo

make nobody vex because of Mr niyooo, let the trend continue as usual

@Skeelo
That's quite a beautiful and strong statement to make about this thread. I like the sound of it: We share views and advice here, not vexation. Great! I think everyone has got that message now

@Others
here's also something I got courtesy of "The Word For Today" email service. It's the devotional for today and it seems they just knew by inspiration what we were discussing about wealth (and by implication, money) on this thread.

[b]Make Your Money - His Servant!

Whoever loves money never has money enough. - Ecclesiastes 5:10 NIV

If your goal is to prosper in order to fulfil God's purposes, God will bless you. If it's just to be rich, you're on
your own!

Notice: (1) Money will buy people, but not true friends. Christina Onassis, one of the richest women in the world,
had to hire someone to play tennis with her and go to supper with her. She had so much money she couldn't spend it
all, yet she lived an empty, lonely life. Yes, money will buy people, but not true friends. They'll be takers but
not givers, and as soon as your money is gone they will be too.
(2) Money will buy books, but not brains. In his
book The Seven Secrets, John Hagee writes: "A beautiful prayer tower was erected in the centre of Trinity
University. Every day the chimes echoed across the campus. But that prayer tower had to be locked with an iron gate.
Why? Because some students who could not achieve the academic dreams of their wealthy fathers climbed the stairs of
the prayer tower to leap to their deaths." Yes, money will buy books, but not brains.
(3) Money will buy food, but
not a healthy appetite. Ever thought of an empty plate as beautiful? An empty plate becomes beautiful when you have
a sick loved one with a deadly disease. You prepare the finest foods only to watch them push it away, nauseated by
the sight. Next time you see a dirty plate on your table, thank God for the food He has given you and the appetite
to want it. Money can't buy that.

Bottom line: make Jesus Lord of your life, and make your money - His servant!

SoulFood Bible Readings: Ge 47-49, Mt 25:1-13, Ps 112, Pr 7:6-9
[/b]

Goes to also guide us in our definition of wealth. Money is limited in many ways. That's why money may not always be equated to wealth. The old saying has it that health is wealth, not that health is money or stocks!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 11:52am On Mar 08, 2008
[size=13pt]alfaprime, WORD! cool[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:22pm On Mar 08, 2008
What's success?
An American businessman was at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellow fin tuna. The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them.

The Mexican replied, "Only a little while."

"You're such an excellent fisherman," said the American. "Why don't you stay out longer and catch more fish?"

The Mexican said he had enough to support his family's immediate needs.

The American then asked, "But what do you do with the rest of your time?

The Mexican fisherman said, "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take a siesta with my wife, and stroll into the village each evening, where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos. I have a full and busy life, senor."

The American scoffed, "I am a Harvard MBA, and could help you. If you spent more time fishing, you could buy a bigger boat. Then you could buy several boats. Eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your catch to a middleman, you could sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then L.A., and eventually New York City, where you would run your expanding enterprise."

The Mexican fisherman asked, "But senor, how long will this all take?"

To which the American replied, "15 to 20 years."

"But what then, senor?"

The American laughed and said, "That's the best part. When the time was right, you would announce a public offering, sell your company stock to the public, and become very rich. You would make millions."

"Millions, senor? Then what?"

The American said, "Then you could retire. You know, move to a small coastal fishing village -- where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take siestas with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos."

smiley So true. AND YET not all that true.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:26pm On Mar 08, 2008
'Konwa, the bible names you mentioned as being rich were all old testament characters. I'm sorry, my dear; but could you mention some from the New Testament? embarassed
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:28pm On Mar 08, 2008
AlfaPrime, you are a fountain of wisdom. Even though Achebe did say that wisdom is like a goatskin bag, and everyone carries his own. wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:41pm On Mar 08, 2008
Yes, I have said it before: the average Nigerian seems to be nursing some hidden wound, and going about wanting to convince all the world that he has no wound at all.

Most Nigerians are very deep in the rat race but wear good clothes and smiles that cover their everyday struggles.

The first quote was by Kuwena, and the second was by Opoks (cf page 105). Can anyone notice any similarity?

They shit like I do

'Konwa made this statement in reference to the white man. Well, black people shit like dogs do, too. embarassed

Niyoo, thanks a million. You're a darling. kiss
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:51pm On Mar 08, 2008
Let me tell you all a story, and then sign out. It is a story that we used to tell one another as children; in the evening, when the sun had gone home to his own mother. It is the story of Eze Onyeagwalam.

Once upon a time (this is the part where you say time-time), there lived a man who refused to listen to anyone. He felt so confident in his own wisdom that he never took advice from anyone at all. He walked with his ears closed. It was because of this attitude of his that everyone called him Eze Onyeagwalam ('King Don't-tell-me-anything').

One day, Eze Onyeagwalam sat on fresh shit, and then stood up to enter the marketplace. All the flies in the world escorted him because of the shit on his bottom, and as he went pass, everyone ran from him. He wondered what the problem was, but no one bothered to tell him; because he was Eze Onyeagwalam; and so he had to carry the shit home with him.

The moral of the story? If a people do not see the need to change, not even God will help them. Think about it.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 6:22pm On Mar 08, 2008
By the way, NLNG is recruiting again: Trainee handymen aboard ocean-going vessels, and experienced writers for their magazines. Help spread the word to would-be NLNG Hopefuls. I am not in the least tempted. I feel too old already to have them dump me again. Besides, I'm not qualified for either position. These days I keep looking forward to my visa interview. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.