Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,341 members, 7,850,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:49 PM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (211406 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 7:40am On Mar 01, 2008
AlfaPrime:

@tommyex

Funny enough, this intellectual contest, as you call it, can only do us a world of good. You see, radical revolutionaries always started as idealists who began by envisioning a better world around them. They then took up the gauntlet and stepped out for a change.

@Opokonwa

I say touche to your post. The change in Nigeria starts with us. In fact, with me. Let me recall an experience we had while in school. A lecturer shared with us in class, how a student of his in a senior level to ours once approached him after an exam result was released, complaining that his result was missing. The lecturer was surprised and asked the student how this could have possibly happend, and if he was sure he actually sat for the exam in question. Eventually, under intense interrogation, the boy confessed that he didn't actually write the exam, but had hoped he could con the university don into awarding him a grade. The lecturer then paused and made a profound statement to us in the class: He said something like this: " If as a student, you ask for grades for exam u never wrote, then as a local govt chairman, you will commision roads that you did not build!" The class roared with laughter, while some one impishly chipped in: ", and build bridges where actually, no river exists!

But, I'm sure we get the point here. It starts with me and you. In this regard, I'd say that one reason Nigeria stands out from other corrupt countries right now is that there is both official and general condemnation of the trend. For one, we know that we are corrupt. Though we may disagree about the best way to fight it, we are at least, willing to talk about it, opening ourselves up to the world, and assessing ourselves on our anti-corruption strides.

@Kuwena
You are very correct about the cause of not just Nigeria, but Africa's present state of backwardness: Leadership. But it depends on your definition of leadership. I don't just mean political leadership. I mean a collective and cummulative failure of leadership at the Federal level, State level, local level, family level, and curiously but surely, the INDIVIDUAL level. Do you remember the Biblical quotation that "he who has rule over his spirit is better than he that taketh a city?", because some of us really, can't govern ourselves yet.

I don't mean to sound despondent or preachy of course, because there's actually a lot of hope for us. We may not realise it now, but the truth is that things may never have been this hopeful for us in our history as a nation, NOT because things are good right now (in fact, they're actually in their worst state) but because we NOW KNOW OUR TRUE SORRY STATE AS A NATION, and are desirous of change. Ignorance is the worst killer.

@Kuwena

Please don't think that because of my juicy job, I don't know suffering. Yes, things are reasonably easier for me now, but I have had my fair share of suffering in life, which I'm not in a hurry to forget. From having to trek miles to primary school on an empty stomach, to surviving for days in University on just garri and water, to being abandoned when it mattered most, by trusted and well-to-do relatives who my father had done much for,, name it. And today, when I sit in an airconditioned vehicle going to and from the office, I look out at the sweating, trudging masses struggling for their daily bread, and tell myself silently
"From poverty in Nigeria, none is free,
Until all is free"

Doubt me? Ask an armed robbery or fraud victim.

Many of us on Nairaland have seen the worst side of life in Nigeria, but have not allowed it to turn us against the country. Because the country is simply You and I.

But You know the key to forging ahead? Kuwena, I'll share this key with You in my next post, for our collective benefit. it will help You as You progress to your next level in life. You've got all the trappings of a successful high-flier, but this key is so vital, You need to have it as you progress.

Cheerio!Happy weekend.

To everyone
HAPPY NEW MONTH
I wish u all a blissful and funfilled month

@ Alfa prime
i dey feel u cos u dey make me shocked cheesy
go ahead padi mi, i dey for ur side
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 7:43am On Mar 01, 2008
tongue cool shocked

I forgot to say Good morning to u all
It is a brand new month and a brand new page

@ Kenosky
shocked tongue grin
if u like, make u lipsrsealed, i no send u ooooooooooooooo
[size=18pt]NO B SMALL THING O[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 8:52am On Mar 01, 2008
if u no send mi o
people plenty wey send mi o
i'm not alone
i dey speak my mind
my broda
e no b lie to
say wat u want to say
and if i do wat u want to do
God in heaven know say i like u
but my brotha u need to change ur attitude
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 8:56am On Mar 01, 2008
tommyex:

cheesy
Ehen i like this una intellectual contest,nice 2 read

i sabi say u dey like fight na! u no c ur head!!

Ken
e be like say u don dey shark ogogoro 4 that your end,na d cold?Cos this censor wey u do dey dey move me

our own no go b intellectual brouhaha shocked, na solid mortal combat angry u wan start so (lol) wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 9:27am On Mar 01, 2008
AlfaPrime:

@tommyex

Funny enough, this intellectual contest, as you call it, can only do us a world of good.

u really believe that?

You see, radical revolutionaries always started as idealists who began by envisioning a better world around them. They then took up the gauntlet and stepped out for a change.

and where r they now?

@Opokonwa

I say touche to your post. The change in Nigeria starts with us. In fact, with me. Let me recall an experience we had while in school. A lecturer shared with us in class, how a student of his in a senior level to ours once approached him after an exam result was released, complaining that his result was missing. The lecturer was surprised and asked the student how this could have possibly happend, and if he was sure he actually sat for the exam in question. Eventually, under intense interrogation, the boy confessed that he didn't actually write the exam, but had hoped he could con the university don into awarding him a grade. The lecturer then paused and made a profound statement to us in the class: He said something like this: " If as a student, you ask for grades for exam u never wrote, then as a local govt chairman, you will commision roads that you did not build!" The class roared with laughter, while some one impishly chipped in: ", and build bridges where actually, no river exists!

there are pedestrian bridges u know and wat makes u think ur lecturer ddnt do same in his days, abi u dey there?

I don't mean to sound despondent or preachy of course, because there's actually a lot of hope for us. We may not realise it now, but the truth is that things may never have been this hopeful for us in our history as a nation, NOT because things are good right now (in fact, they're actually in their worst state) but because we NOW KNOW OUR TRUE SORRY STATE AS A NATION, and are desirous of change. Ignorance is the worst killer.

oops shocked! we just got to know abt the sorry state of our nation ? spare mi, peeps av known this since independence!

@Kuwena

Please don't think that because of my juicy job, I don't know suffering. Yes, things are reasonably easier for me now, but I have had my fair share of suffering in life, which I'm not in a hurry to forget. From having to trek miles to primary school on an empty stomach, to surviving for days in University on just garri and water, to being abandoned when it mattered most, by trusted and well-to-do relatives who my father had done much for,, name it. And today, when I sit in an airconditioned vehicle going to and from the office, I look out at the sweating, trudging masses struggling for their daily bread, and tell myself silently
"From poverty in Nigeria, none is free,
Until all is free"

Doubt me? Ask an armed robbery or fraud victim.

Many of us on Nairaland have seen the worst side of life in Nigeria, but have not allowed it to turn us against the country. Because the country is simply You and I.

But You know the key to forging ahead? Kuwena, I'll share this key with You in my next post, for our collective benefit. it will help You as You progress to your next level in life. You've got all the trappings of a successful high-flier, but this key is so vital, You need to have it as you progress.

Cheerio!Happy weekend.

the man with the master KEY! i bet u its an allen key- cos d problems get nuts and bolts too o! grin

Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 10:55am On Mar 01, 2008
kenosky:

if u no send mi o
people plenty wey send mi o
i'm not alone
i dey speak my mind
my brother
e no b lie to
say what u want to say
and if i do what u want to do
God in heaven know say i like u
but my brotha u need to change your attitude

@ kenosky
u no well
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:40am On Mar 01, 2008
Kenosky, what's this about people not sending you? For Pete's sake, this is your thread, Your Excellency! You are Godfather; and I for one send you big time. You're the man anyday.

Alfa Prime, you write well! And most of what you say is both logical and true. Believe me, I also wish Nigeria well. By God, I do. Believe me!

Opoks, you do not need experience to form a company; what you need are basically four:

1. A viable idea
2. Determination
3. Other people's time
4. Other people's money.

Once you get these four things, you'd be on your way.

You know, when I was in the training school at Ofada, I tried very hard to convince my classmates to join me in floating a company. This was the plan: I wanted us to get 100 people, hundred VERY committed individuals who would be willing to sacrifice N100,000 of their monthly salary for one year. If we had done this for one year, we would have realized 100*100,000*12 = 120,000,000; that is, a hundred and twenty million naira. This money would have been put into a fixed deposit pool, and rolled over every month, and would have attracted at least another five million or so in interest, that is at 11.5% per annum and floating, net withholding tax.

After the one year, the 100 people would register themselves as a public limited company, and with the interest on the capital, rent an office somewhere in Lagos, Abuja or say, PortHarcourt. They would be a brotherhood, as well as a board of nominal directors to oversee the new company. Also, from among themselves, they would choose about twenty people to work for the company. I proposed that the company have four divisions:

1. Business Development
2. Outreach
3. Investment
4. Corporate Affairs

The aim of the business was to be to turn as many business ideas into credible and thriving institutions. What this means is: The outreach people would go out into the field, to schools, workshops and all what not and fetch creative geniuses, people who have ideas but no money or means to establish. There would be some boys who could make electric bulbs, but could not build a light factory; there would be some people who could make a rotor, but had no big factory; there could be that crazy fellow who could make a car, but could not build a factory.

The Outreach people would, going by the current budget of the company for that year, select at most four creative ideas and bring it to the company. The Business Development people would then sit down and try their best to convert the ideas to workable business proposals. They would ask: How can the idea of this yam pounder be developed to such an extent as to launch a company that will make at least a hundred yam pounders a month, ready for export? They would work out the logistics and make viable proposals, and stand in between the idea owner and the bank that would sponsor them. You know most banks would be afraid to sponsor unsure projects, but if we were to be the ones meeting the bank on behalf of the organization, it would be easier.

While the Outreach and Business Development people would be finding creative ideas and turning them into credible business proposals respectively, the Corporate Affairs people would be in charge of the daily running of the company: Human Resources, Secretarial work; Security; Operations, Public Relations and Management. The Investment people on the other hand would be involved in turning over our initial capital, the 120,000,000, and making sure that it keeps yielding returns, through capital and money market maneuvers. We would also go public, and source more capital from within (Rights Issues) our 100 cult members and from without (Initial Public Offers), while keeping our Goodwill undeclared. That way, our company would remain strong, and then expand. We would have offices in the major cities of the country, and we would use the mass media to launder our image.

The people in the Outreach department who have the responsibility of reaching out to geniuses and getting them in to see the business development people would be those that read: sociology, psychology, history, mass communication, social work and community service; the people in the Business Development department who have the responsibility of meeting with the geniuses and standing in between them and banks (the company could also sponsor some of these projects and thus own the new companies) would be those that read: business admin, banking and finance, economics, cooperative economics, public administration, political science; and technical subjects like engineering, computer science and medicine (just in case some of these geniuses have ideas in those fields and we can't pay for consultancy services) and so on. The people in the Corporate Affairs department who have the charge of the daily operations of the company would be those that read: law, secretarial administration, business management, purchasing and supply, marketing, library science and so on. Then those in the Investment section, who have the responsibility of making sure that the 120 million becomes 120 billion in record time will be those who read accounting, banking and finance, insurance and so on.

The guiding philosophy of the company would be to increase entrepreneurship in the country, and thus provide jobs for individuals across the nation. It would also be to boost the economy by massive production and exportation. It would be to swell our technological base. Its vision would be to make Africa the next technological giant of the world, by investing in her creative potential; its mission would be: making at least four new companies each year. At that rate, there would be 400 new companies in 100 years. And each of these companies would employ at least 1000 people. Would that not be splendid? Think about it.

So why did I not pull it off? I could not find 99 other people with such commitment. So I let sleeping dogs lie.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 11:51am On Mar 01, 2008
[size=13pt]kuwena, no mind mi o jare! na skeelo i dey sing for! cool grin wink, nice post there too. We r on our way to york on sight seeing, i'll keep u posted[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2008
smiley You sight-seeing Yorkers! wink cheesy

Have fun, Kenosky!

All my love!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:49pm On Mar 01, 2008
AlfaPrime:

You are very correct about the cause of not just Nigeria, but Africa's present state of backwardness: Leadership. But it depends on your definition of leadership. I don't just mean political leadership. I mean a collective and cummulative failure of leadership at the Federal level, State level, local level, family level, and curiously but surely, the INDIVIDUAL level. Do you remember the Biblical quotation that "he who has rule over his spirit is better than he that taketh a city?", because some of us really, can't govern ourselves yet.

You got it there bro . . .
You really got it there.

Nice to have someone else speak my mind.
At a time, it seemed I was talking to myself only. undecided
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:54pm On Mar 01, 2008
tommyex:

ALFA
give us some more,I love your style bro,so calm n collected

Anyway i ll guess the key is GOD,we all need him
I ll wait 2 hear it from you though!

If I am asked to predict like tommyex just did, I would go for a positive mindset!
And an action-packed nature.

It's uhuru to start practicing what we preach
What we've read and/or heard

What we stand for

And ultimately, who we are
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2008
kuwena:

Opoks, you do not need experience to form a company; what you need are basically four:

1. A viable idea
2. Determination
3. Other people's time
4. Other people's money.

I have read this things in countless books!

Believe me when I say all the books you've read and more
My personal library is overflowing with all them best authors of making money, building a firm, attitude and all those blah! blah! blah! undecided

But how to turn those theories into real life success is the stage I'm pondering now.
It ain't as easy as they wrote it embarassed
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2008
kuwena:

You know, when I was in the training school at Ofada, I tried very hard to convince my classmates to join me in floating a company. This was the plan: I wanted us to get 100 people, hundred VERY committed individuals who would be willing to sacrifice N100,000 of their monthly salary for one year. If we had done this for one year, we would have realized 100*100,000*12 = 120,000,000; that is, a hundred and twenty million naira. This money would have been put into a fixed deposit pool, and rolled over every month, and would have attracted at least another five million or so in interest, that is at 11.5% per annum and floating, net withholding tax.

I wanna stop here for now and ask, "How do you manage the emotions? "

There are certain emotional trends that go with people's relationship with money
And it values from individual to individual

As our faces are different, so are our emotional attachment to money different.

Besides, people's priorities are as varied as the word 'varied'.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 4:22pm On Mar 01, 2008
kuwena:

So why did I not pull it off? I could not find 99 other people with such commitment. So I let sleeping dogs lie.

Exactly what I was talking about.

Nice theory but your premises were wrong.
You do not neea a 100 people for a start up.

Too many different opinions, emotions and views on how to manage the money will stall the progress
And perhaps win you more headaches and enemies than friends,

Most times, you need only one extra person to run the business as a start up.
Someone who has the same vision and mission as yours. (Try, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Facebook or Virgin stories, etc)

Then some financiers (if and when needed)
Then some legal and other advisers (perhaps experienced hands in the industry for a guide), etc

The 100 or more extra person comes up when you wanna go public
So they don't get to decide so much on how the business is run
But they get to buy just a tiny chunk of the business

Ultimately, they will give you the necessary finance for you to turn your enterprise into a million dollar or billion dollar org.

I guess I tried wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2008
Finally, I came to the office 2day, Saturday to do my own work

To read up some ideas and info in my industry (the telecoms)
Just got to know last week about more opportunities and insights that exist in the telecoms industry.

Trying to figure out the industry better and poke eyes and mind at opportunities were daring dreamers like me can venture into very soon

I can't wait to start making real money.

I guess that monthly salaries bore me.

But I am grateful to God
'Cause na person wey conquer hunger first dey look for ways to go beyond satisfying hunger.

So many of my mates (and I mean millions of them) cannot think beyond the next meal. embarassed
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 7:55pm On Mar 01, 2008
Different companies have different spirits. Maybe the type of organization I was trying to form was not the everyday company you see. Besides, how do big organizations and cults that have over 100 people manage to keep together? Most things are possible, Opoks, to them that believe. Have a nice day!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 11:11pm On Mar 01, 2008
@Kenosky

Frankly speaking, I admire the way U took another look at my contributions, almost phrase by phrase; I think it shows a highly analytical mind, and this is something I've found to be true of a good number of educated Nigerians.

Actually, it's not easy to answer the question about what became of idealistic revolutionaries of the yore, because change, like we all know, is gradual and progressive. Even the most radical of all change agents certainly stood on the shoulders of their preceeding comrades and continued from where they stopped, until they achieved the struggle. I think it pays to stick to what U know to be right, Kenosky. Again, we may have had knowledge of our problems in the past, but U'd also agree with me that it's only of recent that it's getting so clear now, to what extent we sunk in the quagmire. That's what I meant.

I also appreciate the further homourous side U injected into the lecturer's anecdote I shared. We should learn to laugh at our challenges without necesarily accepting our our shortcomings as inherent or "the Nigerian factor".

@Others
I didn't actually claim to have a master key to the problems of Nigeria. Like Kenosky pointed out, the matters are so complex that an allen key or perhaps a computer key would be required to unlock all the deadlocks! So those of us who suggested various keys are probably all right. The key I meant was that which would help Kuwena make the most of his present opportunities. I've followed this thread from page 1 and am quite conversant with several personal challenges he shared with us here.

Kuwena, like I said earlier, you're a potential high-flier, symbolised by your innate abilities to forge ahead each time it seemed fate played a cruel one on you; but I must say, your first point of starting is ,

Counting your blessings

NOT counting, as in numbering them, but counting as in regarding and valuing them, esteeming and appreciating them. U can't make much of a situation if you're not firstly grateful for all the circumstances that culminated in your finding yourself there. If you find it hard to appreciate the things you've received, how about being thankful to God for at least, the evils you escaped?I think we need to start there. A good degree, excellent credentials, challenging family background, good job, natural intelligence, , etc the list runs endlessly for you and for the rest of us on this thread, Kuwena. U'll agree that not every intelligent candidate who sat for the same Intercontinental test as you did passed, or scaled through the rigorous interview stage. U know your history better than anyone else, and you alone can adequately thank God for your life. And can I tell you what, the blessings U've seen so far are simply nothing compared to where God is taking you in life. How do I know? Simple: Your background.

The finest leaders are made and tested in the crucibles of hard, real-time suffering, and no kidding about this. U know it's very difficult for an empty sack to stand upright, right? So, those of us who passed through hell on earth when it seemed we had nothing to offer, can see now that we were not actually empty back then like we thought, but were filled with innate survival instincts, and some of the finest qualities of personality.

The second tip I'd like to share with you, may not be so pleasant. I wish there were a better forum to tell you this than over the open thread like this, but I still think it would help many more of us, ,
Kuwena, the true and final test of greatness is in your ability to freely forgive those who did their [/i] [s]best worst to prevent U from becoming what U were destined to become in life. [/s]

For instance, if I may give U some food for thought, that Uncle of yours, at whose hands U went through so much, when U get the golden fleece from 21st centuty America tomorrow, will you be willing to train his kids (or grandkids) in school, if such a need arose? U may never need to, but would U be [i]willing to do so if U had to
? That's the crux of the matter. Because there is a limit to the amount of resources and opportunities that can be committed to a man who harbours wrongs done against him. Such a person would not make a good leader in the first place, because

A man under the influence of a prejudice (even a justifiable one)
Hardly makes the best decisions;
And leadership is a lot about making decisions.

You would also agree with me, that in order to belittle, one has to be little. That should explain why some people did all in their power to put U down perpetually. Great men don't waste their brain power and memory in keeping record of wrongs.

Do consider these words. I have some past experiences which I may not be able to share in this post, where I had to give up hurts, in order to rise to the next level in life. It may not be easy, but it's gains are tremendous. The man who forgives freely releases someone from a bondage: Himself.

Don't wait till U achieve greatness before U realise that family is important, even if your own extended family did U several bad turns and never cared to know if you survived. As you make it in life, they're going to come running back to identify with you, and U must have it in your mind already to forgive and spread out your wings of success as a shade for them. Not that U should naively let down all your guard, of course! But, I know U perfectly understand.

So that's it about the vital key(s) for Kuwena's go-forward plans, chaps. The weekend is not yet yet over, Landers; I still wish us a fulfilling Sunday.

Ups!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 11:44pm On Mar 01, 2008
@Kuwena

I know U mean well for Nigeria. You've said as such severally and we believe you. Also wouldn't want you to think that I'm attempting to trivialise your astonishing experiences at the hands of your "uncle". They're profound and really dwarf what some others have seen so far. But I bet you, take another look at yourself and you'll spot out several personal qualities that got shapened and sharpened as a result of your peculiar past.

And did I say, I'm actually looking forward to laying my hands on that Autobiography. Kudos. It's a great achievement.

@Opokonwa

Uhuru indeed to practice what we preach. I intend to set up small scholarship scheme for my alma maters. But I have to make sure it goes only to those who really need it. I think, with a little effort and effective budgeting on my part, my paypacket should be able to amongst other things, bring joy and laughter to some people somewhere. Other Landers on this thread could come up with useful and pragmatic suggestions on the go-forward plan for Nigeria, from our standpoint as youths in the workforce. You know, the title of this thread reminds one so much of that old song, "Which Way Nigeria?", A title that literally calls for practical solutions,

@Others
I strongly believe that bringing out some minutes to share objective, analytical ideas on this thread as many of us have been doing, is also a great service to Nigeria. It all started because we wanted at some point in time to work for the Nigerian government via NLNG, anyway!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 2:19pm On Mar 02, 2008
kuwena:

Different companies have different spirits. Maybe the type of organization I was trying to form was not the everyday company you see. Besides, how do big organizations and cults that have over 100 people manage to keep together? Most things are possible, Opoks, to them that believe. Have a nice day!

Kindly show me one real life example that started with 100 people at once and I will show you how possible it is.

Perhaps, you may be a pioneer in that area.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2008
AlfaPrime:

Uhuru indeed to practice what we preach. I intend to set up small scholarship scheme for my alma maters. But I have to make sure it goes only to those who really need it. I think, with a little effort and effective budgeting on my part, my paypacket should be able to amongst other things, bring joy and laughter to some people somewhere.

Nice on bro!

Keep it up!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 2:46pm On Mar 02, 2008
opoks, no tell mi say u dey office o.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uche7869: 3:35pm On Mar 02, 2008
[b]What kind of leader will a man who denys his family, God and country, definately not a good or humane one,

Im happy that I do not know unpatriotic and cpmplainant Nigerians like u kuwena, Nigeria does not need ur likes to make it great, we have much better people like myself, ,Opoks,adrianic, tommyex, , etc[color=#990000], A man is measured by his reaction under pressure and his words, NLNG exposeed to the world the kind of empty, ,double faced person u are, If our fore fathers as slaves had not built up America with their sweat and blood, ,where would u have been running to, ?

For u to deny GOD cos of NLNG when he gave u a bank job to fall back on makes u an ingrate and according to God's word "only a fool says in his heart that there is no GOd", There are many young Nigerians out there better than u who have no job or anything but they still love and trust God, and trust in him for a better future.

By the way, ,even if u have a 2:2, ,most people applying for graduate studies in The U.S are entitled to a GTA, so get off ur high horse, At least I was also offered one even wih my miserly 3.57 GPA in a highly rated school like the University of Texas at Austin, Wich school u dey go sef, I want to ignore u but evryone here seems to accomodate u so you grow more arrogant and boastful, get a life dude.

"The finest leaders are made and tested in the crucibles of hard, real-time suffering, and no kidding about this. You know it's very difficult for an empty sack to stand upright, right? So, those of us who passed through hell on earth when it seemed we had nothing to offer, can see now that we were not actually empty back then like we thought, but were filled with innate survival instincts, and some of the finest qualities of personality."
[/color][/b]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 7:48pm On Mar 02, 2008
uche7869:

[b]What kind of leader will a man who denys his family, God and country, definately not a good or humane one,

I'm happy that I do not know unpatriotic and cpmplainant Nigerians like u kuwena, Nigeria does not need your likes to make it great, we have much better people like myself, ,Opoks,adrianic, tommyex, , etc[color=#990000], A man is measured by his reaction under pressure and his words, NLNG exposeed to the world the kind of empty, ,double faced person u are, If our fore fathers as slaves had not built up America with their sweat and blood, ,where would u have been running to, ?

For u to deny GOD because of NLNG when he gave u a bank job to fall back on makes u an ingrate and according to God's word "only a fool says in his heart that there is no GOd", There are many young Nigerians out there better than u who have no job or anything but they still love and trust God, and trust in him for a better future.

By the way, ,even if u have a 2:2, ,most people applying for graduate studies in The US are entitled to a GTA, so get off your high horse, At least I was also offered one even wih my miserly 3.57 GPA in a highly rated school like the University of Texas at Austin, Wich school u dey go sef, I want to ignore u but evryone here seems to accomodate u so you grow more arrogant and boastful, get a life dude.

"The finest leaders are made and tested in the crucibles of hard, real-time suffering, and no kidding about this. You know it's very difficult for an empty sack to stand upright, right? So, those of us who passed through hell on earth when it seemed we had nothing to offer, can see now that we were not actually empty back then like we thought, but were filled with innate survival instincts, and some of the finest qualities of personality."
[/color][/b]

@ALL
HAPPY SUNDAY.AV A BLISSFUL WEEK AHEAD
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 10:31pm On Mar 02, 2008
@Uche7869

I believe you must be a very patriotic Nigerian, and you raised the need for us to imbibe that quality. Agreed. One thing every great nationalist knows, however, is that no member of a country is ever labelled as "un-needed" or irrelevant,

Kuwena may have had some issues with the poor treatment and letdown he got from this country, but I think he has shown himself, though almost disillusioned by disappointment, to be a Nigerian at heart. How do we know? He has brought his matters openly to this forum, made up of Nigerians like U and I; he has told us his story, and submitted himself to a cross-section of our opinions, whether pleasant or not to his ears; he has even dropped several lines from his autobiography, revealing tremendous talent. I know U also mean good for him, but let's take another look at the means of conveyance, so that U don't end up passing across a scathing attack when U only wanted to reawaken national consciousness. Let's try and encourage ourselves, especially those who are hurting.

@Kuwena
And we trust that U won't swallow the bait to allow another verbal war to begin on this honourable thread. Let's keep to the objective issues currently being thrashed, right? Cheers, Have a great week, all!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 1:09am On Mar 03, 2008
[size=13pt]true talk alfa prime, u talk like opoks in the dayz before he kolo-ed cheesy, uche, there is no need to decry kuwena's action, its his right to seek to transcend his current position, who knows ? He might even be able to contribute more to the polity from without rather than from within undecided!

Kuwena, u v heard alfa prime's position- do not rise to the bait sad, we must never resort to 'chukking' kiss (apologies house of representatives) ourselves to get our points across.

@all, please let's let the sleeping dog (abi na Lion) lie! cool A word is enough for the wise! d words of our elders are words of wisdom, d wise listen and become wiser lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:08am On Mar 03, 2008
kenosky:

opoks, no tell mi say u dey office o.

O boy! I came around to view some industry (telecoms) report ahead of some business prospect I have my eyes on.

Man go still dey look for money! No be so?
grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 8:04am On Mar 03, 2008
opoks shocked, looking for money even on a sunday ? kai, no tell mi say e don bad reach like so cool grin!

@all, good morning and welcome to a new week this week shall be better than the preceding week- Amen!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 8:58am On Mar 03, 2008
@Kenosky

O boy! Don't tell me that you are now a Jew that is practising Sabbath day
Abi have you adopted Judaism as your religion? and chosen Sunday to sit down at home and be rubbing both hands around your stomach?

What else would a young man be doing at home on a hot Sunday afternoon after fulfilling his Sunday obligation?

I chose to seek prospects and learn ahead of Monday cool
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 9:13am On Mar 03, 2008
UCHE
for once i wont encourage fights ere oo,We r in the middle of some real lecture frm Opoks,Alfa,Kuwena

*so dont even disturb*
Congrats too

I say make i tell una say 2day na my bday,i ll send ur cake in a mo'
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 9:52am On Mar 03, 2008
@Uche7869

I read a few lines of your post and said:
e don start again for Nairaland (Which Way NLNG?)

I wanted to take off but not used to backing out, I strained my eyes to read more.
In the event, I jumped some 'Green Lines' to read some 'Black Lines'

By the time I got here:
uche7869:

I want to ignore u but evryone here seems to accomodate u so you grow more arrogant and boastful, get a life dude.
I simply .  .  .
grin

You know what dude, we've been through this, several times.
I, myself have reacted more than anyone else on this thread.
Till it looked like it's now an Opoks!- Kuwena thing.
Sigh! undecided

These days, I choose the posts I read and those I don't.
I have experienced Kuwena on and off thread and then on-thread again. undecided

I know what posts to believe in and what not to.
'Cause I'm not swayed by all 'everything is bright and blue!' posts.

I just try to keep it on the peaceful side.
I also try to keep the sparring on a moderate level. when it is inevitable.

But I don't believe every shit that is posted here undecided
However, I don't contest all.

I simply see the same trend and ignore it.
Besides, I don't read every shit either. undecided

We already know (I bet both collectively and as individuals) what kind of leader a particular personality will tend towards. judging from experience.

It is obvious 'because out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh'.

One naturally cannot give out what he does not have inside.
And it's so easy to see the contradictons in-between lines.
But these days, we keep quiet and let the peace be however fragile embarassed

We are not looking for miracles.
Neither are we looking for any character to prove otherwise.

Let everyone be who he or she is.
after all, [i]we can't all be the same undecided[/i]

Peace.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 10:16am On Mar 03, 2008
tommyex:

UCHE
for once i wont encourage fights ere oo,We r in the middle of some real lecture frm Opoks,Alfa,Kuwena

Opoks!, Alfa & Kuwena indeed.
What 'bout you?

Can we get some contributions from you?
Abi na to only come here and summarize with your usual 2-lines post

Abi can't you read Alfa's plea below:
AlfaPrime:

@Others
I strongly believe that bringing out some minutes to share objective, analytical ideas on this thread as many of us have been doing, is also a great service to Nigeria. It all started because we wanted at some point in time to work for the Nigerian government via NLNG, anyway!

Na only moderate una dey moderate sad
Beyond reading silently.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 10:24am On Mar 03, 2008
@tommyex

Meanwhile:

[size=50pt]HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! grin[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.