Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,987 members, 7,828,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (210583 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by adextommy(m): 2:47pm On Nov 03, 2008
Hey Guys, It's been a while since I visited nairaland, I was really surprised to see this thread. I remember the test days vividly hopes were really high, even the second stage (that broke the camel's back as at then I suppose) having to travel out of Lagos. After over a year, I'm not sure if we have any other thread on this blog that has lasted this long. For guys that started this thread to you I give you all Kudos, it was really a good source of information, for those who are still standing I hail your doggedness.

Tommy Signing Out.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:26am On Nov 05, 2008
My girl called me by 5:35am this morning. "Obama had won!" was her excitement.
Eyes droopy, half-asleep and half-awake, I muttered, "Una no dey sleep for house?"
She said "Noo". They had CNN on all morning.

I wonder what the excitement about this Obama is.
For me, It wasn't a surprise he won. The hand-writing had been on the wall a long time ago.
McCain was no match.

The importance of Obama's election to Nigerians and/or Africans?
I am yet to take a position.
The real test of leadership has just begun for him.
My sincere wishes to all Americans and all Obama supporters in Diaspora.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by eInsight: 10:38am On Nov 05, 2008
God always help those whon trust Him! Keep heart.If God says its yours, u ll be employed!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2008
@all
How body and spirit ?

decided to come to work on a saturday (when Man u is playin Arsenal ) to catch up on old times
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 2:55pm On Nov 08, 2008

FROM OPOKS

alfa you tried with your own opinion though.
My 2 cents

I think that thaere is no country under the face of the Earth that does not have corruption. As long as human greed abounds, selfish interest often fights against common interest. And what is 'common interest' varies from perspectives.
The USA tries to act as the Law to the rest of the world but it is in the same country that we saw the level of corporate corruption that sank the likes of Enron, Arthur Anderson, etc, Giants in their field.

Even the Scandinavian countries (Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Norway, Denmark etc) which boast of the best managed economies would have traces of corruption.

The differnce between the level of corruption in Country A (Nigeria for example) and Country B (Ghana for example) is a factor of a few things including but not limited to the following:
The level of Greed of the leaders and the led
The value sytem of the people
The control systems in both Public and Private sector

The level of Greed among Nigerian leaders and Nigerians is very high, way higher than in many countries. This is why scams worth billions of Naira is no big deal to the average Nigerian. This includes the Nigerian in govt, the one in the private sector and the one doing Yahoo+

The Value system here encourages and abates fraud. If I steal enough money to be able to contest the Senatorial seat of my town, the chances are that I might bribe my way through to the National Assembly, become the Senatorial face of Anambra state and one of your leaders. Nobody questions where I got my money from and even if anyone does, the question will be "Is he the only one?" I could be the traditional ruler of my town just because I can afford it. This is the society you and I come from. In China, Japan, South Korea and most Asian countries, most top ministers commit suicide for corruption charges. In China in particular, the chances is that the corrupt officer is executed if found guilty. In Nigeria, you are celebrated and even encouraged to contest for the Presidency.

The control system to check fraud in Nigeria is so weak and little wonder, it is set up by the powers that be, which are corrupt themselves. How many Nigerians pay tax? Pose this question to UK or American citizens and you will get the picture. In the UK, you inhale and exhale tax. How many wealthy men/women pay tax in Nigeria? Can you try it in the USA, UK or the Scandinavian countries? No!
The most efficient control sytems to have come out of Nigeria in recent times are the NAFDAC and the EFCC. The Director of the former (Dr Dora Akunyili) has survived several assassination attempts for trying to curb corruption in her jurisdiction. The latter (EFCC) has been made a lame duck by the present administration and corrupt politicians are once again roaming scot-free in this country. Dr orji Uzor Kalu, the former governor of Abia state recently purchased 9 ships valued at about N31 billion Naira for God knows what! EFCC under its former leader (Malam Nuhu Ribadu) stepped on toes, big toes and look at the huniliation that both the outfit and its former leader is currently facing.

I rest my case here. You can add your own.

Bros after reading your mail, i go just advise you say make you just resign from telecoms go join the academics

although money no really dey that line but I sure say you for don become Professor by now, if na that path you initially follow.

Good piece, Good thinking
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2008
opokonwa:

My girl called me by 5:35am this morning. "Obama had won!" was her excitement.
Eyes droopy, half-asleep and half-awake, I muttered, "Una no dey sleep for house?"
She said "Noo". They had CNN on all morning.

I wonder what the excitement about this Obama is.
For me, It wasn't a surprise he won. The hand-writing had been on the wall a long time ago.
McCain was no match.

The importance of Obama's election to Nigerians and/or Africans?
I am yet to take a position.
The real test of leadership has just begun for him.
My sincere wishes to all Americans and all Obama supporters in Diaspora.

You and this 'girl' wey you don dey talk about for ages and you no gree marry.

Its like I am placing a moratorium on you discussing that 'girl' on this thread until you agree to marry am. Case closed.

Be the real guy and do what you know I would have done  wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2008
Internetca abi wetin you call your name sef,

if I catch you angry

he be like say una don come again
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 3:33pm On Nov 10, 2008
Pak I just dey laugh!
Every now and then, some crazy dude from way back shows up to excie the thread
Re: Which Way Nlng? by solowealth(m): 1:14am On Nov 20, 2008
It is well
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 1:15pm On Nov 22, 2008
smiley cheesy grin
[size=14pt]Hey Guys, cnt belive this trend is still alive. I say a big kudos to the guys that kept it real,
Talk to you all soonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Av a luvly weekend, [/size] shocked sad
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AjanleKoko: 8:53pm On Nov 23, 2008
Hello All,
I'm AjanleKoko, a visitor to the thread.
Dropped in out of curiosity on Friday evening, mostly out of curiosity, to see what the heck could be happening with NLNG that took 2 years and 146 pages to discuss.
Well, I spent THE WHOLE WEEKEND reading all 146 pages!!! shocked grin
Awesome stuff, guys. There's a story right in here, I tell you. It really hit me right there, the guys (Kuwena, Opoks, etc, etc) expressing their deep hopes, dreams, fears, et al, it was riveting. Fantastic stuff.
I really felt the vibe with a lot of the guys from page 1 to 146. The long and torturous wait, the thrills of success, the agony of failure, and the explosion of a varied mix of pubescent emotions. It tells our story as Nigerians, Africans, youths in the 21st century looking for a break, a way out of the various day to day frustrations, joy and pain we all experience in our daily lives. Believe me, guys, it hit me right there on the left side of my chest, below the collarbone and just under the sternum, you know, undecided
Which brings me to the reason for my post. Have you guys ever considered that this thread could be made into a book? I mean, I may be nuts for thinking this, but, man. Imagine if this were made into some kind of manual-for-the-streets, sort of like the Lagos Na wa I Swear, or one of those How To Be A Nigerian novelletes from Peter Enahoro back in the day. You could actually use the content to build some kind of movement that youth could identify with? You guys could use proceeds from this hypothetical book to float some kind of scholarship for indigent kids, or whatever cause that takes your collective fancies.
Listen, I may be talking 100% bollocks here, don't blame me, I'm a marketing guy, I dream up ideas like this all the time, for a living. But I'd like you guys to chew on it. I'll sit back and wait for your take. I don't necessarily do this all the time, so no PMs from aspiring writers please!
Take care guys, and enjoy what's left of the weekend.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by money101: 12:53pm On Nov 26, 2008
The level of Greed among Nigerian leaders and Nigerians is very high, way higher than in many countries. This is why scams worth billions of Naira is no big deal to the average Nigerian. This includes the Nigerian in govt, the one in the private sector and the one doing Yahoo+
First thing is that the word corruption was created by the speakers of the English Language. Next the bible says that the heart of man is exceedingly wicked.
Also remember that Nigeria is a company. A British company. In those days if you steal from your village you are ostracised and penalised. But if you steal from the British you were crowned and given a chieftancy title. Nothing has changed. Up till the present moment most people only think of themselves as Nigerians when we are playing football. After that we speak of Government as if the government is different from the people. Look we never ready!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 11:08pm On Nov 30, 2008
Skeelo? where u dey??

Opoks,
Opoks
Opoks
How many times i calling ur names>

Arsenal 4 shizzie!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 10:08am On Dec 02, 2008
Happy Holidays to all alumni of 'Which Way NLNG'

We've done another year again! Have every reason to thank (nay Praise) God!!!
Think back at all the calamities that occured around the world in 2008 (including the recent ones in Mumbai)
Think of all the death news, wars, buildings coollapsing, earthquakees, accidents, the killings in the Niger-Delta and recently in Jos, tsunamis, political deaths, explosions, countless accidents and loss of lives in Lagos, fire outbreaks, etc.

Need I add more; global recession in the USA and Europe, people being enslaved in North Korea and varios parts of the Globe, rital killings in Naija, kidnaps, armed robbery, assassinations, stray bullets, sickness, fake teething powder that killed kids in Naija, countless deaths from Malaria, typjoid and other fever across Africa.  .  .

Rapes, killings, chaos, ethnic and political tensions in Kenya, the Congo and more countries
Cannibalism across Central, east and West Africa,
Plane crashes, HIV scourge across Africa and the world .  .  .  .

I can't even exhaust them undecided
Think of all these that you heard, watched on television, saw in the news and no hair of your head is lost (besides the one you shaved in the salon) .  .  .

Then you will have every reason to glorify God.
Life is a privilege, make the best of it while you still can,
Live everyday to glorify God 'cause that is the ultimate duty of man
Be happy, create and transmit happiness to others,
Cause you could be the next in the pecking order
After all, those wey die, we no better pass them.

Happy New year in advance!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2008
My heart goes out to all those who that lost a member of their family at the JOS masacre.
May God grant you the strenght to bear the loss
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 8:34am On Dec 07, 2008
[size=14pt]what can i say? "Which way NLNG" still on page 1 of the Jobs/vacancies section? Hmmm, even if it's only moved 2 pages in like 3 months- i must confess that I'm wowed by all the folks that found time to put in an appearance and i say "Great job!" HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON [/size] cool kiss grin cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2008
tommyex:

My heart goes out to all those who that lost a member of their family at the JOS masacre.
May God grant you the strenght to bear the loss

Really don't know what to say about the recent Jos Mayhem, I had the privilege of having lived in Jos, actually did my NYSC there, such a lovely and peaceful city, now polluted by the frequent bloodletting. This may not be the best time to push blames here and there, but my sincere hope is that those who survived will learn the hard lessons that violence never pays.

Perhaps we should wait for testimonies of people like Pak who may have witnessed some scenes of the regrettable happenings live.

On Obama's victory, well, it seems unreasonable to be writing about that while my own home country is still grappling with it's numerous woes of a failed electoral system, but I had planned to write about Obama's historic ascendancy to the US presidency in my very next post (this one) on nairaland. I wasnt surprised by his victory, because he seemed to play his cards well. However we may see it, the truth is that race played very little effect on this year's US elections. The actual reason for this could be debatable, but I may attribute it to the horrific downturns of the economy, which left the average American with very few choices. I mean, we had several lecturers coming to tell us of how their hard earned 401K had melted away ovenight, leaving them with little choice than to consider continuing working far beyond their retirement age. Obama, on his part, played his politics in the usual pattern, no emphasis on his race or background, , he wisely chose to concentrate on issues, sezing evey opportunity to thow jabs at his opponent. I must also commend Mc Cain for his spirit of sportsmanship, after watching him closely, I had to give it to him that old John certainly didn't give racial considerations any inch at all in his campaigns. Incompetence, inexperience, and questionable sense of judgement were all bullets in his arsenal for attacking Obama, but Mc Cain clearly knew where to draw the line firmly. My heart went out to him when on more than one occasion, he had to break off the tempo of his campaign speech to correct a wrong (racial) perception of Obama by Republican supporters. One such occasion was so dramatic when Mc Cain said that Obama was "not some one to be afraid of as President of the United States" and was rather "a decent family man, citizen of the United States with whom I just happen to have fundamental disagreements". These were statements that went a long way to help Obama win the election, (and of course, helped Mc Cain lose!) I still see the two men working together in the nearest future. Maybe I think this way because I am of the younger generation who have mixed with people of all races - white, black, red, yellow, whatever, on equal terms, and seen in practical terms where people are assessed on the strength of their contributions to the team, and not on the basis of their skin colour.People who have experienced the real ugly side of racism wouldn't quite agree, but things are gradually changing.

Do I expect Obama to run a pro-black government? Certainly not! Perhaps the major advantage of his historic feat would be the encouraging of millions of hearts across the world, black and white alike, to realise that they can achieve whatever they dream to, as long as they can dream it. That inspiration, if achieved, would be far worth more than a thousand scholarships or hand-me-downs.

Lesson for our own leaders back home? Well, how many of the people in political leadership in Nigeria today were in leadership as at May 29, 1999? Very very few. I'm still studying the Nigerian experience to understand why from decade to decade, we're so eager to point accusing fingers at our "leaders" as though we haven't noticed that the faces of the key players in our political space are changing somewhat. What hypocrisy makes us do the very things we condemned from the sidelines, once we mount the saddle of leadership? Could it be because those who "win" elections in Nigeria have already sold out their independence, individuality and moral sense of concience, in exchange for the unholy "annointing" of their political godfathers? Only some can tell. Look at how peaceful Ghana's general elections were conducted today. Nigeria, O Nigeria. When shall we wake to our status in Africa?

Cheers all!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 9:34am On Dec 13, 2008
Nnonu oooooooooooo!
Countdown to New Year (2009) wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 9:58pm On Dec 15, 2008
Season's Greetings,
May God lead us into the new year, hold us tight and continue to bless members of this thread and our families.
Amen!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 16, 2008
What's good people, I thank God for helping it make it all the way to the end.

I also pray for others who wish for such to have such in their lives

Happy New Year to Everyone
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 10:18pm On Dec 30, 2008
Merry Christmas in arrears to the House and a glorious New Year 2009 in Advance!!!! It's another year in which I trust God that members of this thread will record giant strides on their paths to destiny fulfilment! Amen!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2008
Merry Christmas, !!!

Happy New Year!!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 12:53pm On Dec 31, 2008
Yeah! smiley Merry Christmas jus dey fly everywhere! shocked

Happy New Year joo!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 6:36pm On Jan 01, 2009
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO US ALL ON THIS THREAD!!!
May the Mercies of the LORD continue to preserve us in this great year and always. Happy new year, thread!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 1:41pm On Jan 06, 2009
Thread feels like a cemetry.
At least Alfaprime is still alive!

Hi Guys! What's up with 2009?
For me, it's been a very busy period already.
Could hadly ind time to browse.

Cheers!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by mohid(m): 7:01pm On Jan 06, 2009
na wah its now almost two yrs since this thread started and its still front page stuff.wonder if its not the longest thread in web history(if it is make we begin find those guiness ppl).its really crazy to read all our posts when we started out and lookin how we sounded like "God give me LNG or i die" to where we all are right now.

God has bin faithful,lookin back there is no doubt sum of us are better off not havin been taken.

As fr the dude who wants to do a book on the entire thread abeg how we go share property rights and royalties or as peace dey this thread now you no like am abi?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 4:18pm On Jan 07, 2009
Mohid me sef dey envy this thread o!
E no wan die?!

The principal characters don move on, yet front page no be im only achievement; fresh posts too!
I guess we like to come back here and connect, no matter how faceless the connection is

I laughed at this post below:
mohid:

its really crazy to read all our posts when we started out and lookin how we sounded like "God give me LNG or i die" to where we all are right now.
It's amazing to see how desperate the human soul can become in times of expectation and how short-sighted we all could be in times of trial.
Looking at what I am doing now, learning-on-the-job and what my earning potentials is looking like, meeeeee . .eeeeeeeee , nn! there is a lot more to life and living than the hoolabaloo experienced on this thread last two years!

Happy New Year!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Dullard(m): 12:06am On Jan 08, 2009
Wao!

you guys have won my admiration for keeping this thread on tops after almost 2 years. U're appreciated.

Happy New Year to Everyone.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by finekoko(m): 8:44pm On Jan 08, 2009
found this site that helps you get available jobs from reputable companies from nigeria, http://www.cvdatabank.com
all u have to do is log in an fill in ur cv in an online format, and then u get an alert anytime a company post jobs on the site, and this companies do so because they have individual accounts in the site as well
Re: Which Way Nlng? by andyz(m): 7:55am On Jan 13, 2009
HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS.

Opoks i'm really sorry, not been in touch , tooo bad.
How ya doing? Your a great man keep keeping it real.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by OliveB(f): 10:15am On Jan 14, 2009
Confident Lifestyle Network is organising, “Empowering the Naija Dream”
Own
BRAND NEW LAPTOP for N20,000
BRAND NEW KIA RIO CAR for N250,000
BRAND NEW HOME APPLIANCES for N100,000
See poster for details. Or www.clsn./
Call:
Olive: 07025411423, Victor: 08029879354

Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 2:11pm On Jan 14, 2009
Just Got a call today from an old 'Which Way NLNG' friend. Happy New Year Call!
This is what I take from this thread. People!

I'm not much of a caller myself. I prefer to let people have their peace and space, have my peace and space, so that I can focus and move on with life.
But depending on the impression you make on people when you are around them,they keep coming back. Thanks to 'Which Way NLNG', I discovered a part of me that I did not know existed; the power to influence people.

I wish all readers a Happy New Year and much progress to every character who Graced this thread.

Andyz, don't worry, I am guilty too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.