Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,970 members, 7,821,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (210252 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by uche7869: 2:38pm On Oct 08, 2007
@Kuwena, Broda, i buy ur suggestion, Actually the major reason NLNG was established was to harness Nigeria's vast natural gas resources as we all know, Nigeria actually has more gas reserves than Oil and is ranked as the highest flarer of natural gas in the world, A very sad spectacle, NLNG is also supposed to along with Producing LNG, ,Help drastically reduce Nigeria's flaring records as the asssociated gas from oil wells which is what is usually flared is to be piped to the bonny plant for liqefaction, This is what most of the shgareholders are currently doing,

(Ref: www.wikipedia.org)

NLNG started with Train2 and quickly expanded to the current 5 train complex with a production capacity of 18MTPA(million tonnes per annum) of LNG.The coming on stream of Train 6, which should happen anytime from now according to forecast will upgrade total production output to 22MTPA, Already all the LNG expected from this train has already been booked for, NLNG is also planning a Train 7, Final investment decision on this train 7 should be completed by the year's end.When this train 7 comes on stream.,it wilL BE THE SINGLE LARGEST LNG TRAIN IN THE WORLD, Making NLNG plant at bonny one of the world's largest LNG plants,

Natural gas is like the latest and most amazing discovery of the energy sector, why because it it the cleanest burning fossil fuel,burning with virtually no emissions

Ref: www.naturalgas.org

Because of this most people are already touting it as the start of a drastic change in the world's fuel demands,

Nigeria with its vast reserves, the 6th largest in the world,stand to reap immensely form this if the NLNG complex and other LNG projects like the Brass and Olokola LNg projects are properlly ,managed,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uche7869: 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2007
But what of the LNG we are talkin about?Lng Is not the same as the natural gas.LNG is liquefied natural gas,

This is natural gas that has been supercooled to
minus 260 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 162 degrees Celcius). At that temperature, natural gas condenses into a liquid. When in liquid form, natural gas takes up to 600 times less space than in its gaseous state, which makes it feasible to transport over long distances.

In the form of LNG, natural gas can be shipped from the parts of the world where it is abundant to where it is in demand.

LNG is an energy source that has much lower air emissions than other fossil fuels, such as oil or coal.

LNG is odorless, colorless, non-corrosive and non-toxic. Its weight is less than one-half that of water.

Ref:http://www.sempralng.com/Pages/About/WhatIsLNG.htm

When it comes to corporate social responsibility, ,from what i read on the company's site and what i heard from people i've asked, , I think LNG is one of the few multinationals that actually gives back to its host community, I visited the page recently and the names of undergraduates who had been awarded the LNG scholarship for 2007 was there, most of them were from bonny or sorrounding communities, Also i hear NLNG is planning to give the bonny town free uninterrupted electricity very soon,
so thats mainly what I know about NLNG and its operations, Also i hear they send the graduate trainees on a 6months training programme to the U.K, I dont know weda its everybody or only the engineers and techniciand doh,

I was told during a chat with a staff of the coy that the only constraint facing the company in the near future may be in terms of expansion.He mentioned the fact that bonny was an island and that the gas resources though bountiful were not limitless, Infact nigeria's gas reserves are projected to last about 120yrs, what happens after that??

Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 3:29pm On Oct 08, 2007
opoks and uche,wetin dey worry una?u guys want to start another war on this thread ehn?u want to disrupt the peace on this thread?i have read d submissions of both learned counsel in toto and i shall give my judgement accordingly .courttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 3:41pm On Oct 08, 2007
but b4 i give my judgement let me let u know dt the nlng prize for literature and science finally held on saturday.

despite the criticisms against inviting Gen. ibrahim babangida as key note speaker,nlng still went ahead and invited him.

d crook came as was expected and started bragging that nobody can intimidate him not even the nobel laureate and not after serving in the nigerian army for 32 years.

though nlng has its fundamental human rights in inviting anybody it wishes to invite,i feel to a large extent public opinion should not be thrown to the dogs.

i dnt feel the company needs all the bad press it has been getting of late especially from the literary community.

we all know dt there are greater and better persons who have contributed to the development of literature in nigeria.

what did IBB do to help the literary world when he was president.

its such a big shame that emphasis is placed on influential pple in ths society even when they do not in anyway serve as role models to the next generation.

i hope nlng does not make this mistake again because as far as i am concerned that is what it is- a mistake
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 3:47pm On Oct 08, 2007
i woke up on a bright note today.

i still dont know y but i suspect its because two clubs i love did pretty well this weekend.

chelsea finally won its first premiership game under Avram Grant beating Bolton by a goal to nil(they are picking up again after beating valencia away,at least na from clap them dey enter dance) and my beloved Real Madrid is still topping the Spanish La liga.

and as the days go by i also realise we are one day closer to nlng releasing the results whether good or bad.either way my mind is sure to be at rest.

and ehen tommyex b4 u and Kenosky will attack me now,congrats over the victory of ur arsenal boys
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2007
i feel another reason i am happy is the fact that my constituency, the judiciary(which is part of the legal world)discharged itself creditably again last friday.

the Election Tribunal sitting in Kogi state annulled the elections of about five Honorables who 'won' the last elections into some state house of assembly seat and house of reps. seat.

much as we realise d fact that corruption is still a problem in all facets of our national life,the judiciary has made all members of the legal profession proud so far.

i had said after the charade called elections in april that so many of these politicians would be shocked at the surprise waiting for them .

most still lived under the illusion that this was the era of the despot obasanjo and d weakling called Uwais who was former Chief Justice of Nigeria.

the coming of Belgore changed everything and now Justice Kutigi,the current CJN is living up to billing.i am so proud of the guy.

u guys should just brace up for greater surprises especially in dt same Kogi state and Ondo state.Agagu will be given the shock of his life
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2007
this nigeria is not only an awkward country but also a very funny one.

would u guys imagine dt the governor of kebbi state(where i had my NYSC) travelled to perform the lesser hajj currently taking place in mecca .but dt is not the gist.

he travelled with all the principal staff in his cabinet.

so the state is virtually at a stand still.

imagine a governor travelling with his deputy,chief of staff,speaker of the house of assembly and indeed all the pple who ought to be in charge of the state in his absence.

meanwhile our own dear servant leader is also in mecca but luckily his deputy is a christian so he is technically in charge of the country.at least we have an acting president.

need i add that the governor of kebbi state is the son-in-law of president yaradua.

and all the guys dt travelled with him will be entitled to estacodes with the governor taking the greatest chunk.

imagine getting paid to pray to ur God.these government officials are something else.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 4:18pm On Oct 08, 2007
i hope we all see what i mean when i say we should post something no matter how short.this guy called skeelo just came and posted a word of encouragement.it may have been short but is half bread not better dn kpof kpof.skeelo,welcome joo.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2007
kuwena,your post on sunday was something else.if i hadnt attended church ehn,i would have done so online because u not only read the bible but also gave a semi sermon.no be small thing o.

i read ur proposal and in as much as i feel the idea is ingenious i beg to differ a bit.

one of the things dt makes this thread interesting is the fact dt it is entertaining,informative and educating in its own humorous way.

ur idea would make it too academic.

i believe dt any info wanted or needed by anybody concerning nlng can comfortably be found on the net .

uche has been gracious enough to provide some sites we can check and better still we have the nlng site to run to .

all the nlng info i needed for the assessment center, i got from the nlng website.

i can imagine pple coming to the thread to get entertained and informed in a light note and all of a sudden seeing an unhealthily lengthy exposition on nlng that can be found anywhere on the net.

i am not in love with the idea though but i must say i am bound by the decision of the house.

if by a majority it is agreed that we should go ahead,then i am game
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 4:44pm On Oct 08, 2007
THE CASE OF OPOKONWA AND UCHE

will the appellant and respondent please rise,

i have as earlier mentioned read the submissions of both counsel in this case .

after a thorough perusal of the judgements of my learned brothers, Justice Tommyex and Justice Kenosky,i am compelled to concur with their highly thought-out and well pondered judgements.

giving any new opinions would be tantamount to flogging a dead horse.both parties are hereby ordered to maintain the peace.

COURTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

oya all of u readers should stand now.i want to go home
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 4:47pm On Oct 08, 2007
Kuwena,

I really noticed that in most of your addresses to me, you used "Your Excellency, sir" and other 'BIG' 'BIG' titles like that. embarassed

Beyond the ocassional sparring we do on this thread, I'm really a very humble person. and would love to stay that way.

I may appear aggressive in some of my submissions, bold, direct and confrontational at other times, it's simply because by nature, I'm a very bold and direct person. I like to confront challenges from a direct perspective. I'm also frank to a fault.

But for anyone who happens to know me directly, I'm simply one unpredictable crazy guy who is full of live and fun! I have never met a person who described a boring moment with me. unless I do it on purpose.

I may have shared ideas at some time that have made me earn your respect, however, I reserve to remain humble. I never really like the big names and title that humanbeings take to themselves. In fact, if not that we tend to answering thread names, I love my Ibo first name so much that it is the name that gives me joy. I PLAN TO ENFORCE IT ON ALL THE FOREIGNERS IN MY OFFICE THAT ADDRESS ME BY MY ENGLISH NAME. tongue For this thread, Opokonwa more than suffices. KINDLY DROP ALL THOSE TITLES. I am a very humble guy. smiley

@Uche, Kuwena & co,

I wonder why the whole thread shakes, panics and immediately sues for peace whenever two or more people are having some differences as though the Wall of Jericho is about to come down!

Differences are part of life and are in fact healthy for any good relationship. smiley
Without differences, people no go tell themselves the truth because people go dey avoid hurting one another. undecided You differ, you sparr, you argue, you reconcile or come to a compromise, you shake hands and you move on. No harsh feelings.

Otherwise, this thread would be one Dreamland of Pretense. And people like me will not allow it to be so.

I would rather look you in the face and tell you, you are wrong than to take ice-cream with you everyday in the name of Peace. That kain peace na crocodile own. embarassed

I have attended a few board meetings where managers with opposing views and ideas actually warred. The last one I attended actually pitched the COO of my company against my own HOD and the latter's team against another unit. We literally warred for several hours, tempers flying, up till sometime after 10:00pm. But the truth is that it's all in the line of duty. At the end of each 'intelligent wars', a compromise is often reached and all opposing groups move to abide solidly behind the new mantra.

The truth is that argumenta enable us understand one another better. You can confirm from Adrianic. grin

So who is afraid of arguments?   DEFINITELY NOT ME. smiley

Uche my brother, kindly not take anything personal. YOU MAY DEFINITELY SEE MORE IN NLNG. cheesy

Better to have a friend like me 'who tells you the color of blood' ocassionally, wink than one who only tells you 'the story of alice in Wonderland'. IT'S ALL IN THE LINE OF DUTY. smiley

@Everyone else,

I'M GLAD YOU WERE FAIRLY ENTERTAINED. grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 6:07pm On Oct 08, 2007
Which way
Hey NLNG threados, what's up?
I duff my hat (and remove my shoes) to the prolific guys on this
thread, the kuwenas, adrians and oponks of this world, I can reccomend
you for the top 70 (or is it 80?) based solely on your contributions
to this thread. You guys should consider floatin a soft sell magazine,
your turnover per month might be as much as NLNG can to offer.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2007
Well, I guess I should inspire u guys a bit with these words
about REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS.
indeed many of us(if not all) hav prayed seriuosly about this NLNG recruitment
but the reality is that those guys are just goin to pick 70/80 out of the 500 (or is it 220?)
still in the race. the ques now is: can God answer evryone's prayer in this circumstance?
the answer? Yes he can but in ways different from what we expect.
the popular isaiah 40v31 says: they that wait upon the Lord shall have their strength renewed,
they shall mount up with wings like eagles,
they shall run and not be weary
and they shall walk and not faint.
well those are the three ways God usually answers prayers

1. We sometimes mount up with wings as eagles, have you ever seen an eagle catch a prey (probably
a fish) ? It moves at a blinding pace. Sometimes answers to prayers are that fast and direct and its the stuff most testimonies in church are made of. but there are other ways.

2. we run and not grow weary, there are sometimes God gives us the strength to run through
challenges until we overcome them, the situation does not change imediately nor is the answer
that fast, sometimes it might even take years. Have u ever seen someone fightin to overcome an
addiction, couples who have to wait for years to have a baby. Well, for some the NLNG employment
will be that kind of story.

3. and finally we walk and not faint, its one of the most beautiful ways God answers prayers.
The situation does not always change but WE DO. Its always not easy to recognize the blessins
in this circumstances but they are by far the most precious. The painful truth is that not all
the remainin candidate will be called up but most of us would have learnt valuable lessons
in persistence, hope and other great virtues, and what about the people and places
that would have crossed our paths through this process.
No matter what happens, God is always in control and when he does not
answer our prayers exactly the way we want, it is because he has something far better in stock
for us.
So cheer up and keep the FAITH.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jill(f): 6:40pm On Oct 08, 2007
so thats mainly what I know about NLNG and its operations, Also i hear they send the graduate trainees on a 6months training programme to the UK, I don't know weda its everybody or only the engineers and techniciand doh,

Uche, its just the tech guys, poor me  cry

Kuwena, you are a true poet.  Wish i could churn out stuff like that,  guess i'll just have to be content with reading all the beauties this thread has to offer.

Kenosky, Adrianic et al,  hope you re having a beautiful day.
Much luv
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 7:27pm On Oct 08, 2007
pak,
i totally concur with ur write up.

nice one
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 7:56pm On Oct 08, 2007
people, i wan hail una before i begin read una posts, just got in from the office about 45 minutes back, how wuz today for all man.
@wandell; i feel u, nothing do u grin
@jill, thank God u r finally back cheesykiss kiss
@skeelo, i throway salute cool
@ kelechhi; its work and u know we v been aving system downtime so liver no dey gree mi dey sametime b4 customers break my head for laying about wink wink
@all man, una too much, make i go read una posts so dat i go reply all accordingly
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2007
I guess I should lighten up a little. Afterall, I too am a humble guy; Adrian, we go jam for Abj next week. No yawa.
smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 8:31pm On Oct 08, 2007
opokonwa:

Kuwena,

I really noticed that in most of your addresses to me, you used "Your Excellency, sir" and other 'BIG' 'BIG' titles like that. embarassed

Beyond the ocassional sparring we do on this thread, I'm really a very humble person. and would love to stay that way.

hmmmm!!! Humility is a virtue, abi

I may appear aggressive in some of my submissions, bold, direct and confrontational at other times, it's simply because by nature, I'm a very bold and direct person. I like to confront challenges from a direct perspective. I'm also frank to a fault.

did i just read "i may appear, " ol boi, u b mr controversy jare!!! grin grin

But for anyone who happens to know me directly, I'm simply one unpredictable crazy guy who is full of live and fun!

[b][color=#770077]GBAM!!! CRAZY GUY SHEY lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

@Uche, Kuwena & co,

I wonder why the whole thread shakes, panics and immediately sues for peace whenever two or more people are having some differences as though the Wall of Jericho is about to come down!

Differences are part of life and are in fact healthy for any good relationship. smiley
Without differences, people no go tell themselves the truth [sub]because people go dey avoid hurting one another. undecided You differ, you sparr, you argue, you reconcile or come to a compromise, you shake hands and you move on. No harsh feelings.

TRUE TALK BUT PLEASE, NO NAME CALLIN ALLOWED ON THIS THREAD- Did somebody just say "arrogant sod", that is not the best way to go about tackling our differences na!!! embarassed undecided undecided

The truth is that argumenta enable us understand one another better. You can confirm from Adrianic. grin

u forget say na wetin lawyers dey carry chop b that lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

So who is afraid of arguments?   DEFINITELY NOT ME. smiley

Uche my brother, kindly not take anything personal. YOU MAY DEFINITELY SEE MORE IN NLNG. cheesy

uche, u hear na! na just one of those things, don't take it to heart, pleeeeeeeeeaaaaasssseeee!!! wink wink

Better to have a friend like me 'who tells you the color of blood' ocassionally, wink than one who only tells you 'the story of alice in Wonderland'. IT'S ALL IN THE LINE OF DUTY. smiley

or even Shrek the third, Cinderella story or Sinbad!!! grin grin grin

@Everyone else,

I'M GLAD YOU WERE FAIRLY ENTERTAINED. grin

IT WUZ A WELCOME DIVERSION- WUZ FUN WHILE IT LASTED, maybe not to some peeps sha cool tongue tongue!!!!

@pak, i forget to hail u, its true wat they say "the crazier they are, d more sense they are apt to make wen dem open dem mouth to yarn!!! tongue tongue
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2007
Men even those that can read this thread without been on our Job expectation will surely enjoy it.
A great mix of many characters(we go do novel oo)

OPOKS

i 2 feel ur type jare,i beg dnt remind us that people always hav fun with u,its so obvious i really have neva seen a more soulful/lively writer(though some 'Lawyerchap' is hot 2).Na u dey make my eyes dey swell anytime i miss out a lot on this thread
Its jus that if we frends we ll fight everyday and night if poss.
Adriano

I feel u 2day wella oo,am sure its cos ur chelsea won u,i prefer Madrid 4 u though cos chelsea looks confused,if they dont sort it out they may struggle lyk Arsenal of last season.Ehen Oga law How far with Oshiomole of edo now?Do u fink he has hope in supreme court?(looking frm ur lawful eyes,lol).

Uche

No vex 4 Uncle OPOKS when him no chop 4 lunch na so him dey yan oo.

Keno

So u be fellow gunner come dey tackle me ehn!Make we reach Emirates 1st,no popcorn 4 u oo.

Every1 i hail una with 2hands oo.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 9:36pm On Oct 08, 2007
smiley grin shocked adrianic,
thanks man.at least man must encourage hinself and others.[/col]
[color=#006600][size=14pt]Let's just be patient and see what happens.[/size]

As for me.am signing off on a good note ds night, see ya tomorrow
Ps 121 undecided kiss cry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by skeelo: 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2007
grin angry sad shocked cool
AS for the [size=14p]GUNNERS[/size] in the House.
Let's keep the flag flying
[size=20pt]UP GUNNERS[/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 9:49pm On Oct 08, 2007
OPOKS

i 2 feel your type jare,i beg dnt remind us that people always hav fun with u,its so obvious i really have never seen a more soulful/lively writer(though some 'Lawyerchap' is hot 2).Na u dey make my eyes dey swell anytime i miss out a lot on this thread
Its jus that if we frends we ll fight everyday and night if poss.

JUST SAY THE LAWYER CHAP NO DEY FIND TROUBLE LIKE OPOKO!!

Adriano

I feel u 2day wella oo,am sure its because your chelsea won u,i prefer Madrid for you though because chelsea looks confused,if they don't sort it out they may struggle like Arsenal of last season.Ehen Oga law How far with Oshiomole of edo now?Do u think he has hope in supreme court?(looking frm your lawful eyes,lol).

U HIT THE NAIL FOR THE HEAD O JARE!!

Uche

No vex 4 Uncle OPOKS when him no chop 4 lunch na so him dey yan oo.

UCHE, U DON HEAR NA! E DON DO, HE WHO KILLS angry BY THE SWORD GO KPAI BY THE SWORD O shocked shocked!!!

Keno

So u be fellow gunner come dey tackle me ehn!Make we reach Emirates 1st,no popcorn for you oo.

I DON DEY GUN FAR BACK O BUT SORI, I NO DEY CHOP POPCORN SELF, I POP CHAMPAGNE INSTEAD, WELL DONE THO' SAY U B GUNNER NO MEAN SAY MAKE I NO TACKLE U O grin grin tongue tongue

Every1 i hail una with 2hands oo.

UNA GOOD9YT O!!!
SKEELO, D GUNNER TOO, KUDOS!!

[quote][/quote]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:12am On Oct 09, 2007
pak:

Well, I guess I should inspire u guys a bit with these words
about REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS.
indeed many of us(if not all) hav prayed seriuosly about this NLNG recruitment
but the reality is that those guys are just goin to pick 70/80 out of the 500 (or is it 220?)
still in the race. the ques now is: can God answer evryone's prayer in this circumstance?
the answer? Yes he can but in ways different from what we expect.

Bros, you don dey yarn! cheesy

pak:

1. We sometimes mount up with wings as eagles, have you ever seen an eagle catch a prey (probably
a fish) ? It moves at a blinding pace. Sometimes answers to prayers are that fast and direct and its the stuff most testimonies in church are made of. but there are other ways.

2. we run and not grow weary, there are sometimes God gives us the strength to run through
challenges until we overcome them, the situation does not change imediately nor is the answer
that fast, sometimes it might even take years. Have u ever seen someone fightin to overcome an
addiction, couples who have to wait for years to have a baby. Well, for some the NLNG employment
will be that kind of story.

3. and finally we walk and not faint, its one of the most beautiful ways God answers prayers.

You don dey yarn like Kuwena now! grin

pak:

The painful truth is that not all
the remainin candidate will be called up but most of us would have learnt valuable lessons
in persistence, hope and other great virtues,

Bros you 'hit the nail on the head' here.

pak:

No matter what happens, God is always in control and when he does not
answer our prayers exactly the way we want, it is because he has something far better in stock
for us.

Gbam!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:22am On Oct 09, 2007
tommyex:

Men even those that can read this thread without been on our Job expectation will surely enjoy it.
A great mix of many characters(we go do novel oo)

We can start a REALITY THREAD SHOW on "Club Winners" and add more colourful characters. THIS IS PERHAPS ANOTHER WAY TO GENERATE SOME MONEY ASIDE NLNG.

Whether we all make it to NLNG or not, THE STORY OF THIS THREAD MUST BE TOLD.

And it will remain a legacy for our children and children's children to come back to and see how their grandfathers and grandmothers behaved. UNLESS 'NAIRALAND' GOES EXTINCT. undecided
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 7:26am On Oct 09, 2007
kenosky:

JUST SAY THE LAWYER CHAP NO DEY FIND TROUBLE LIKE OPOKO!!

But im find trouble with Opoko somewhere in thiz thread. tongue
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 8:07am On Oct 09, 2007
If you ask me, I would say if you no sabi pray, make you sabi! Begin dey pray now!

Because the 'runs' wey dey NLNG no be small runs o! embarassed

Forget the fact that we all got here not by our might or power. THIS IS HOW FAR YOUR SMARTNESS CAN GET YOU. THE REST NA PRAYER!

Feelass I got from the GrapevineFORGIVE ME FOR SOUNDING OUT OF CONJECTURES grin suggests that 'runs still dey'.

In fact NLNG was aware how bad and perhaps, corrupt their recruitment prosess were flawed by 'personal and political interests' in the past that to curtail it, they had to go through this rigorous process to at least 'get a good basket of hands.'

However well they try, some peepsPOWERFUL PEEPS WITHIN AND OUTSIDE THE ORG. would still have their way. AFTERALL THIS NA NAIJA!

I refuse to believeUNLESS I'M PROVEN WRONG undecided that what is delaying those letters is a thorough scrutiny or selection processI NO BE 'MUGU sad'

I prefer to believe that what is holding those letters is enuf politicking behind the backdoors, enuf 'Big interests' to please and enuf power-plays behind the backdoors.

We all know that NLNG jobs have often been 'well politcized' in the past and even now 'especially at the top'.

Make we ask ourselves an honest question:

Which well-meaning uncle or aunt in NLNG is not under pressure from family, friends, constituencies and friends of friends, family of friends, . . . etcTO PUT THEIR OWN WARD IN NLNG?LIKE PERHAPS THEY PUT THEM.

A corrupt entry will definitely foster another corrupt entry.DON'T MIND THE EFFORTS THEY ARE PUTTING TO CORRECT THE SYSTEM undecided

IT'S PERHAPS 'PAYBACK TIME' FOR THE INCUMBENT 'CORRUPTS' TO PUT IN THEIR WARDS. SO WONDER WHY THE 'LETTERS' SEEM TO BE DROOLING?

Not cheering news eh?!THIS IS NAIJA! And 'this is NLNG'ONE OF THE BEST 'GOLDEN EGGS' RUN AND INFLUENCED BY NAIJA! tongue

But the thing about me is that 'All Hope is Not Lost'WE HAVE TO 'STARE' REALITY IN THE FACE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT COULD BE HAPPENING! tongueTHEN RECONCILE THE 'DIFFICULT' WITH YOUR MAKER.

I HAVE.

That is why I say, if you sabi pray, pray o!
If you don dey pray before, pray harder o!

If you no sabi pray, learn o!

NLNG no be easy entry for anyone, even the brightest chaps!I WILL NOT SAY BEYOND THIS.

'CAUSE SOME THINGS ARE NOT EASY TO BE PRINTED.I EVEN TRY.

GOOD LUCK.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 8:25am On Oct 09, 2007
I GUESS I HAVE NOT SAID IT WELL ENOUGH:

I RENDER MY 'UNRESERVED' APOLOGY TO UCHE7869!I COULD BE A 'CAUSTIC' GUY ATIMES. undecided

I GUESS IT'S JUST PART OF THE OPOKONWA NATURE.

I guess I'm sooooo IMPERFECT! undecided JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE. cheesy
Re: Which Way Nlng? by okoroboy(m): 10:39am On Oct 09, 2007
Ndi Ichie,

I am humbled and tumbled to be a part of this great collection of minds,i have been following this tread and has been treated to the eloquence of the likes of opokonwa, kuwena , adrianic and co.
its been really entertaining i must say, and as our sojourn in the artificial limbo created by the laxity and political bureaucracy in NLNG draws to a close, i come to realise that i would miss this thread, esp when the boys go on training and can no longer contribute to this tread.
no the less , i am honored to be a part of this thread,being an NLNG hopeful and having endured this wait for this long, another few months or weeks, as the case may be is not a killing act and i would keep waiting ( what other choice do i have).

pple this is my first contribution and you can be sure that more will follow.

Cherio
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2007
Ha! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

ANOTHER POET IS BORN ON THIZ THREAD CRAZY ONE FOR THAT MATTER! grin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OKOROBOY! grin

You sound like Adrianic . . . a little bit of Kenosky HERE AND THERE . . . a little bit of Opokonwa! cheesy . . . and may I not forget, Kuwena wink AND SOME CRAZE TOO! grin

YOU DEFINITELY COME WITH YOUR OWN UNIQUE BLEND OF FLAVOUR. grin

WELCOME TO THE CLUB 'CLUB WINNERS' A SECOND TIME!! smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2007
okoroboy,

i made the mistake of not checking the name before i started reading ur post.

i first thot it was the crazy kenosky bt realised another soul was on board.

i particularly liked name okoroboy.men u sabi identify with ur root and i am proud of dt.

my guy welcome.i hope u keep to ur promise of posting constantly because bros we have too many one hit wonders on this thread.

i sometimes feel welcoming them makes them run away.make u dey different o.

nwa nna welcome.nothing mega
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 1:01pm On Oct 09, 2007
opoks,

ur write up on the delay by nlng is thought provoking.

i have not failed to ask myself on some occasions what the cause of the delay might be.

i know the last interview held on the 21st of july.i know also dt we were about 464 candidates who had the interviews.

what baffles me most is how come nlng that sorted over 30-40 thousand scripts in 3 weeks can all of a sudden not sort out a mere 464 scripts in 3 months.

are these guys now magicians.

we have tried in our own little ways to proffer excuses on their behalf saying things like"its not easy for them ,there are some really sound guys in the race".even if we be Einstein sef ,the time never reach?

as for me, and i am sure everybody on this thread, we have no option but to wait until they are ready.

but much as we have tried to console ourselves with the thought that nlng has more integrity than allowing themselves sacrifice merit on the altar of mediocrity, one can definitely not rule out ur postulation.

this is nigeria where everything goes.

let them do whatever they choose to do .thank God for plan B.

my great joy comes from the fact that i have found somewhere i can ease off the whole stress,i.e this thread

my greatest joy also comes from the fact that there is no need worrying when one can pray.anything that happens after dt sure has d mark of God on it.abi how una see am
Re: Which Way Nlng? by adrianic: 2:15pm On Oct 09, 2007
opoks,kuwena and kenosky,

have u guys noticed how many pple have advised us to either make a movie or write a novel about the events on this thread. no be small thing o.na from clap dem dey enter dance.

as for me i would prefer a movie even though i do not know how to write scripts well o.

but i will like to start from the last thing .

i was just imagining how we will advertise d movie on AIT,NTA,SILVERBIRD and other tv stations when its ready.

we will get one pidgin english master and one queen's english master d way its done in nollywood.

i want to prepare in advance.

this is how i think it will go.

Announcer (in a high-pitched voice)

yee yee yee another ogonge film don come again.
na nairaland and kuwena productions carry am come
na miss prolific, jill direct am.
dem call am fantastic four.
na who and who act am?
kuwena Erakpotobor,
Opokonwa Okokobioko,
Adrianic Clinton and Kenosky Chukwuekwelaiheojo.

Introducing

uche ,tommyex and other ogbonge actors.

na wetin happen for this film.
kuwena start project wey everybody like.
na im adrianic con support am.
na so d project dey go until opokonwa con find fault.
as hin talk am ehn,na so serious fight start .
dem fight so tey kenosky and uche con enter.
wetin happen after dem enter,u go see am 4 this correct movie.

if u neva watch this film,u neva start.

na Opokolintin and sons dey market am.
go 124 Pound Road Aba or

Pakistani investments
15 upper iweka road,onitsha, or

Andybest Electronics
24 ebinpejo lane idumota.

Fantastic four!Fantastic Four!.
Fight no dey pay o

GBAM

U SEE WE DON START TO PREPARE FOR THE MOVIE,SMALL SMALL

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.