Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,453 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi (31822 Views)

FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line / FG Begins Free Warri To Abuja Rail Service Till December From Aladja To Itakpe / See Abuja Rail Train Fares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by aleeyus(m): 12:29pm On Oct 23, 2018
Aufbauh:
The way Fulani values their cow is the same way IPOB values their dog so don't come here and form holier than thou.
Go argue with Nnamdi Kanu. RIP Jack my dog.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin IPOB
Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by egopersonified(f): 12:33pm On Oct 23, 2018
wisdom is profitable to direct.

he should have just said he and the engineers decided on 90km/h as a set standard. No one would question it.

when I read the topic, I thought the cows were being transported by the train and the speed makes them dizzy and they die. tongue
Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by osusuallstars: 12:37pm On Oct 23, 2018
i see in everyday Nigeria, why i have to believe NNAMDI KANU speeches , ideology and mission.
Nigeria is dead long ago

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by jixasi(m): 12:45pm On Oct 23, 2018
so make we no live ourlifes again then cow go live am for us na.... no be una vote fullani as una president.... abeg joor go watch tori for town
BIAFRONIGERIAN:

Gerrarahere
cows are taking over this country and all you could do is post a lifeless video
Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by rhames(m): 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2018
kirajustice:
@POLITICSNGR

Nigeria's minister for Transport, Rotimi Amaechi has revealed that the Abuja-Kaduna rail line cannot run faster than 90Km/hr because the ministry does not want locomotives to kill cows.

PoliticsNGR learned that Amaechi made this comment while speaking on the complications the Nigerian government faces while making concessions.

He broke down the various problems being faced by the Country's rail system adding that Nigeria has more than enough to transport via rail.

In his words;

"The reason why we want to go back to narrow gauge is because between Lagos and Kano, we have 30 million tonnes of cargo. Even if you do three rail lines, it cannot be enough.

It took us 14 days to move coaches from Lagos to Abuja; everyday we go and ask, how far, they say we are near Ogun state… 14 days.

But if it were rail, the same day, it will get to Abuja. The kind of construction we are doing is 120 kilometers per hour (Km/h), it is a speed train.

We are doing 90km/h with Abuja to Kaduna, the reason we are doing 90km/h is because there are cows everywhere, and we don’t want to kill cows. The other day they tried 100 and they killed how many cows, and they said ‘you people should replace the cows you killed.

From that day, I have said let us maintain the 90km/h; at 120km/h you get to Kaduna in one hour. You can work in Kaduna and live in Abuja. It was initially one, but now, we have done four locomotives with 14 coaches."

https://politicsngr.com/abuja-rail-cant-exceed-90km-hr-dont-want-kill-cows-amaechi/

What a joke. You call these Lord Lugard Locomotive Engines that crawl at a suspicious 90km-120km per hour self styled "Speed Train" when even the Chinese have stopped building them since twenty years ago. How do you describe Eurostar train? Hon. Amaechi should stop creating excuses for herdsmen especially his boss at Aso Rock that his race, the Fulani people are above the law. Cant they see the signs on these railways or cant they hear the horns of the trains coming from any directions? Or are they blind or deaf to know that what they are crossing are railtracks and not foot paths. If you actually want to help this errant Fulani herdsmen, gibe them enough incentives to keep them on their farm sttlements.
Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by Billygee2u: 12:59pm On Oct 23, 2018
MistarT:
Malus are now important than Humans.
because the cow lover and lifeless President is the chief patron of cow association in the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by Billygee2u: 1:00pm On Oct 23, 2018
Smithkafors:
The so called ministers we have.....

1 Like

Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by Billygee2u: 1:01pm On Oct 23, 2018
Smithkafors:
The so called ministers we have.....
in a sane country, the citizens will call for the resignation of the clueless minister

1 Like

Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 23, 2018
Ahhh!!! This one weak me... Where we dey go for this naija sef

1 Like

Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by todihe: 1:40pm On Oct 23, 2018
lolo na fact sha

Let's Talk About Your Next App Now!

Do you need Mobile Apps for any of the following?

• Real Estate Website/brand
• E-commerce Website
• Conference & seminars
• Hospitality Business
• Website/News site
• App for any industry

From building mobile apps for education to games, we are creatively striving to be the best mobile app development company out of Nigeria...YES WE WILL!

Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by servercodes001: 2:09pm On Oct 23, 2018
layzie:

Why can't we afford barriers?
Rails could actually be designed with barriers at major flash points in the construction stage.

If you killed many cows at 100km/hr, you will still kill at 90. I believe you have to move much slower to avoid killing any animal. Which is not OK for commuting
Somehow true
Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by servercodes001: 2:14pm On Oct 23, 2018
bencr7:
crossing signs in a rail track, why are u like diz
Crossing signs on roads, its an example of their relevance and freedom
Its like you're saying "we're building rail through this forest and the animals in it should stay the f*ck away or be killed"
Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by jamace(m): 3:17pm On Oct 23, 2018
Maxymilliano:
Cows are becoming VIPs in Nigeria ...
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by suxes2005(m): 3:33pm On Oct 23, 2018
AroleOduduwa:

I am Nigerian, so I have every right to be concerned.

We all are.

We only need to do that with sense
Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by AroleOduduwa(m): 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2018
suxes2005:

We all are.

We only need to do that with sense

Do what with sense? Are you alright?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by chikago1: 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2018
MistarT:
Malus are now important than Humans.
Well Amaechi seems to believe that cows are valuable too. We all know that he is not a "malu" as you were saying.
Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by oddoood: 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2018
MizzRain961:
Please how can I contact d admin to remove a friends pix

naijauncut.com/2018/10/21/ilorin-university-student-bonire-halimah-naked-pictures-exposed

Ogbeni get lost. Why use your friend as cover up. Swear that's not your pix.
Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by mrbee90: 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2018
They are more important than humans? Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by suxes2005(m): 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2018
AroleOduduwa:

Do what with sense? Are you alright?

Maybe you read the news.
Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by miceroms: 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2018
I thought standard gauges were better than narrow gauges.
Re: Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi by aniblue(m): 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2018
Cow republic grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria / If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? / Nine Die As Vehicle Plunges Into Dam In Kano (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.