Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line (14027 Views)

Ghana Cancels $2bn Rail MoU For 'Breach Of Confidentiality' / Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi / See Abuja Rail Train Fares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Paraman: 3:06pm On Mar 15
The Ministry of Transport has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Messrs MPH Rail Development Limited, a United Kingdom company for the implementation of the Port Harcourt–Enugu–Calabar–Abuja Standard Gauge Rail Line project under a public-private partnership framework.

This announcement was made in a statement sighted on Friday on the ministry’s website.

Under the MoU, the UK firm will manage the design, construction, commissioning, operation, and eventual transfer of the Port Harcourt–Enugu–Calabar–Abuja Standard Gauge Rail Line.

The ministry stated that the MoU signing followed the approval of the Outline Business Case and the issuance of a compliance certificate by the Infrastructure, Concession, and Regulatory Commission.

This clearance enables Messrs MPH Rail Development Limited to focus on compiling the necessary documentation for Federal Executive Council approval to advance the project.

The MoU signing ceremony between the minister and the management of Messrs MPH Rail Development Limited was attended by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Transportation, Olufemi Oloruntola, along with the Director of Rail Development, Zirra Fimbarr; and the Director of Legal Services, Pius Oteh.

The Minister of Transportation, Senator Said Alkali, assured all of the ministry’s support for the successful implementation of the project.

He emphasized the importance of diligent preparation and submission of all requisite documents to expedite FEC’s approval.

The statement read in part, “As part of the initiative to consolidate the ongoing railway modernisation projects consistent with the Renewed Hope Agenda of Presidential Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s administration, the Minister of Transportation, Senator Said Ahmed Alkali, has executed a Memorandum of Understanding on behalf of the Federal Ministry of Transportation with Messrs MPH Rail Development (UK) Limited to enable the company to carry out the design, construction, commissioning, operation and transfer of the Port Harcourt–Enugu–Calabar–Abuja Standard Gauge Rail Line on Public – Private Partnership basis.”

The ministry said vital documents required for the project’s progression include a comprehensive feasibility study report, a complete Business Case Study, an Environmental and Social Impact Assessment, the development of a Resettlement Action Plan, and the formulation of a Financial Model to facilitate project implementation.
This ensures that the project’s transfer to the federal government under a PPP arrangement without incurring loans or debts for the Nigerian government or its agencies.

https://punchng.com/fg-uk-firm-sign-mou-for-port-harcourt-abuja-rail-line/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by SoNature(m): 3:20pm On Mar 15
Port Harcourt–Enugu–Calabar–Abuja

If you are going to Abuja from Enugu, I thought you would pass Benue and not Cross River?

How do they want to connect Calabar to Abuja through Enugu?

I hope this isn't a scam though! I no trust APC!

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by CodeTemplar: 3:22pm On Mar 15
MoU means Memorandum of Understanding. Nothing more. Few crooked fellas sat down and struck an understanding of technical looting.

benuejosh:
^^^if you took your time to read you will understand that the government is not paying a dime. This guys will construct, commission and operate this particular rail line all by themselves. This is pure business. While they're doing this business to their gain, they're in turn building the Nigerian rail infrastructure. Nigeria government will only provide an enabling environment for them by removing bureaucratic processes and others.

You clearly didn't comprehend what you read or propaganda has blinded your brain. MoU remains MoU and is always an avenue for looting under your miserable party.

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by cadmanspize: 3:27pm On Mar 15
28T budget was for what exactly? . Keep avoiding Onitsha -Lagos

19 Likes

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by DevilsEqual(m): 3:29pm On Mar 15
BAT with a vision

I couldnt have voted wrongly

Obidents, lets cry in unison cheesy cheesy

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by DevilsEqual(m): 3:32pm On Mar 15
SoNature:

If you are going to Abuja from Enugu, I thought you would pass Benue and not Cross River?

U dey here dey draw your imaginary connection from your head but u wan make we believe u pass people wey carry experts draw plan
Or UK go gree follow run propanganda??

The world would end the day we are opportune to meet a constructive critic among the Obidient folks

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Okoroawusa: 3:33pm On Mar 15
SoNature:

When it's built then don't use it

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Nigercity: 3:37pm On Mar 15
SoNature:

I think from pH to Enugu or cross River, you will have to pass imo or Abia
So I think the line Will run from pH to Abia, then another line will run from Calabar to Aba
Where the 2 lane meets will follow the normal pH-Aba-Enugu route up to markudi, straight to Abuja

14 Likes

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Collins4u1(m): 3:54pm On Mar 15
SoNature:

it doesn't matter.
rail track can capture whichever route it wants to just that journey time will increase.

8 Likes

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Duelee: 3:56pm On Mar 15
cheesy
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by ovie8200: 3:57pm On Mar 15
SoNature:

Oga, it means it will start from Calabar to PH. From PH to Enugu and Straight to Abuja. It can go straight to Abuja from Enugu unless they want to bend it to Makurdi or Lokoja. But Enugu straight to Abuja makes more sense. Look at the map well and also along the line, they may connect other cities but the main focus city point is Calabar-PH-Enegu-Abuja.

The reason people go through Makurdi before going to Abuja when coming from the east is that Nigeria does not have roads and highways. Ideally, a good country will have different extensive roads linking different cities but Nigeria doesn't have such. A country like Nigeria is supposed to have another highway from connection PH through to Enegu to Nsukka and straight to Abuja without going a distance way to Makurdi to Lafia before going to Abuja. So for the railroad, it doesn't have to go that direction like driving. I hope I am making sense.

26 Likes

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by MrDoGood(m): 3:58pm On Mar 15
SoNature:

I don't trust the involvement of UK

6 Likes

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by benuejosh: 3:58pm On Mar 15
Emergency lovers of Nigeria.

Tinubu is not working.

Under the MoU, the UK firm will manage the design, construction, commissioning, operation, and eventual transfer of the Port Harcourt–Enugu–Calabar–Abuja Standard Gauge Rail Line.

For how many years before the eventual transfer.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by onome442(m): 3:58pm On Mar 15
Good Development shocked

5 Likes

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Techbanky: 3:58pm On Mar 15
Nice
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by kenny714433(m): 3:59pm On Mar 15
Hope not 1670 Trans-Atlantic kind of rail line?

Good development if it would be of standard.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by onadana: 4:00pm On Mar 15
Wetin do China?
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Praying4Nigeria: 4:00pm On Mar 15
MrDoGood:

I don't trust the involvement of UK
Why not if not?
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by ThinkSmarter: 4:02pm On Mar 15
Good news, this one will be connected to Onitsha and Asaba to Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Elvis2kay: 4:02pm On Mar 15
:Tinubu mean bussines while okoro's want hin to fail

9 Likes

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by truthhurtsnaira: 4:03pm On Mar 15
DevilsEqual:
BAT with a vision

I couldnt have voted wrongly

Obidents, lets cry in unison cheesy cheesy

Yep Blackie... you guys still can't do ordinary railroad connection by your self or with your own companies LOL

NIGGZ

3 Likes

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by donbrowser(m): 4:03pm On Mar 15
Good News only

3 Likes

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by tunjijones(m): 4:03pm On Mar 15
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Santana1(m): 4:04pm On Mar 15
Issoright
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:06pm On Mar 15
I no go come back Nigeria.
If una no finish this project.
As a Pitakwa boy based in Abuja this Infrastructure is vital to my stay in Nigeria.
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Boyooosa(m): 4:06pm On Mar 15
Good
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by PointZerom: 4:06pm On Mar 15
cheesy

Why not link Aba-PH to Abuja?
Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by benuejosh: 4:06pm On Mar 15
CodeTemplar:
MoU means Memorandum of Understanding. Nothing more. Few crooked fellas sat down and struck an understanding of technical looting.
if you took your time to read you will understand that the government is not paying a dime. This guys will construct, commission and operate this particular rail line all by themselves. This is pure business. While they're doing this business to their gain, they're in turn building the Nigerian rail infrastructure. Nigeria government will only provide an enabling environment for them by removing bureaucratic processes and others.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Martinsmine(m): 4:08pm On Mar 15
Let it work not to abandon like rivers st ate mono rail.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by honestivo(m): 4:09pm On Mar 15
This is a welcome development I pray it won't end on paper

1 Like

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by Freebills12: 4:10pm On Mar 15
[color=#000099][/color]
Nigercity:

I think from pH to Enugu or cross River, you will have to pass imo or Abia
So I think the line Will run from pH to Abia, then another line will run from Calabar to Aba
Where the 2 lane meets will follow the normal pH-Aba-Enugu route up to markudi, straight to Abuja

The difference is there! Others were abusing the guy even they don't understand it but you just showed literacy enshrined with wisdom.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG, UK Firm Sign Mou For Port Harcourt–Abuja Rail Line by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:11pm On Mar 15
Slow and steady we will get to the nation of our dreams.

A land flowing with milk and honey.

God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airlines Raise Fares Amid Flight Shortage At Lagos Airport / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 30) / Free Train Ride On Lagos-abeokuta Yet To Commence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.