Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,839 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread (4428 Views)

Red Dead Redemption 2 Full Story Explained: A Quick Diary Of The Masterpiece / Is Red Dead Redemption 2 Coming To PC? / I'm I The Only Person Who Wouldn't Like Red Dead Redemption? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 12:53pm On Oct 23, 2018
Rockstar's Read dead redemption 2 will be launching on 26th Friday 2018.

I know this game will be breaking all sorts of records after the success of gta5.

This I tell you is the most anticipated game of the season and already outsold any game released this year even before launch.

I will be getting mine as soon as possible and updating this thread as the story unfolds.

Official trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX-xfDAwh5o

Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by Carzolah(m): 12:58pm On Oct 23, 2018
shocked
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 1:24pm On Oct 23, 2018
It's time to get lost in the world of Arthur Morgan! grin
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2018
Yeah I will get this too ...unlike spideman where you can't kill anyone . Lame .

2 Likes

Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 27, 2018
I'm reading fan reports about the shooting in this game . I'm hearing that it's problematic .
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 9:55am On Oct 28, 2018
So here is my copy. It gave me delivery problems since I stay far from lagos...

Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 9:59am On Oct 28, 2018
As you might have read online, it comes with two disc.

One is data disc which you just install into your hard drive.

Second is the playable disc.

Reason is because of the crazy size of the game which can't fit into one disc.

Full instalation size was 109gb plus 3gb online update.
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 10:02am On Oct 28, 2018
tobianthony:
I'm reading fan reports about the shooting in this game . I'm hearing that it's problematic .
The game supports partial auto aiming which degenerates if you get hit or lose health.
The game was made to look real.
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 10:05am On Oct 28, 2018
Map

Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 10:15am On Oct 28, 2018
This map is 3times the size of that of Gta5 and it will take you years to explore this masterpiece

1 Like

Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 10:18am On Oct 28, 2018
After completing just episode 1. I already gave this game a 10/10.

The game sucks you in and makes you less violent unlike the story line of other games where violence plays out as normal.

You determine your destiny all through the story and can choose to either be a good guy or an ass hole.
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 10:31am On Oct 28, 2018
Going back to the map and confirming why I said this game will be greater than gta5, the map of gta5 will take you relatively 5mins on a very fast car like the fully upgraded Dewbauchee Vagner or the Annis RE-7B to move between the ends of the map (Los Santos intl Airport to paleto Bay) in which you will just encounter NPC's drive aimlessly throughout your trip.

Rdr2 transport system is only via horses for now and I have done a train mission which shows other transport system are still on the game but I don't want to watch spoiler videos to confirm so as not to spoil the gameplay for me.

Moving around and the controls are quite easy if you played gta5. Just a few different button configuration which wouldn't take too long to get use to.

You can basically interact with all the NPC's and sometimes borrow their horses if yours isn't available and they will only interact with you if you are a good guy.

I have other of my friends playing together so we chose to act contrary to see how the gameplay story goes.

1 Like

Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 10:36am On Oct 28, 2018
I already put in 7hours since I got it and haven't scratched the surface yet. embarassed. Well, I'm taking my time and not rushing this.

Rockstar did bad for this game and I bet it'll be the game of this generation and I'm not exaggerating, it will even be hard for rockstar to top this.

I hope to complete the story mode before the online comes out later in November.
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 10:42am On Oct 28, 2018
I was sceptical about getting this game since I loved the futuristic weapons of call of duty, battlefield and my Mk II rifles and snipers on gta5 online. I was worried of the slow recoil and reload of old weapons, the slow horse movement and the idea of an outdated wild wild west scenario.

But boy was I wrong? No one can understand why I gave this game a 10/10 after the first episode until they try it out.

Rdr2 will slow down your adrenaline and make you live a normal life and think before taking any action.
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 28, 2018
A lot of people are complaining about the controls being stressful ...tap x to run .

The weapon will being unreasonably cumbersome to operate .

Emeka can you confirm pls

I know you play GTA so you are used to rock stars shooting controls .
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by flexerking(m): 7:07pm On Oct 28, 2018
tobianthony:
Yeah I will get this too ...unlike spideman where you can't kill anyone . Lame .
aswaer game was over lame just not up to my taste
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:24pm On Oct 28, 2018
I wanted to stream d full gameplay on YouTube for 60hours straight, no sleeping. ..but d problem is da I don't even have ps4 or Xbox... I have never had one SEF.
Not even a pc grin...so I will just read d story on Wikipedia and watch d ending on YouTube. .that's how I use to game

9 Likes

Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 10:41am On Oct 29, 2018
tobianthony:
A lot of people are complaining about the controls being stressful ...tap x to run .

The weapon will being unreasonably cumbersome to operate .

Emeka can you confirm pls

I know you play GTA so you are used to rock stars shooting controls .
The weapon wheel is somehow confusing since you can't carry too many weapons at once so you have to customize your loadout each time before you disembark from your horse.

The tap X to run have always been rockstar's basic control when playing on second or third person screen on default. You have the options to customize to your prefered controls if you like.
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 10:42am On Oct 29, 2018
MeshachMARTINS:
I wanted to stream d full gameplay on YouTube for 60hours straight, no sleeping. ..but d problem is da I don't even have ps4 or Xbox... I have never had one SEF.
Not even a pc grin...so I will just read d story on Wikipedia and watch d ending on YouTube. .that's how I use to game
sounds more entertaining and less stresful.... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 10:53am On Oct 29, 2018
So yesterday it took some 9hours tops to complete chapter 2.
Then I went on a hunting adventure to kill some rear huge animals.

2 Likes

Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:00am On Oct 29, 2018
EMEKA1MILLION:
sounds more entertaining and less stresful.... grin grin
hello
thunder,are you busy ?
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by LucemFerre: 3:17pm On Oct 29, 2018
EMEKA1MILLION:
So here is my copy. It gave me delivery problems since I stay far from lagos...

Sorry, I just saw your post about RDR 2 no wonder you were saying what you said on my post about how I wouldn't like it.
Anyways, no vex. I ain't insulting anyone who liked or got the game, I was just saying.

Enjoy o!
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by rhysfaulkner: 10:02pm On Oct 29, 2018
EMEKA1MILLION:
So yesterday it took some 9hours tops to complete chapter 2.
Then I went on a hunting adventure to kill some rear huge animals.

Wow i love hunting animals but if you use compound bow then it will be really easy to hunt wink
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 11:26pm On Oct 29, 2018
rhysfaulkner:

Wow i love hunting animals but if you use compound bow then it will be really easy to hunt wink
Goodluck trying to kill those bears or bisons with bow and arrow grin grin. It's more effective on antelopes and rabbits but not those crazy man eating bears.

So I got bitten by a snake today and Arthur slowly died while I was running around trying to find the anti venom medicine. Cool Yea!
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 11:27pm On Oct 29, 2018
MeshachMARTINS:

hello
thunder,are you busy ?
thunder is busy playing Rdr2 grin grin
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 11:31pm On Oct 29, 2018
LucemFerre:

Sorry, I just saw your post about RDR 2 no wonder you were saying what you said on my post about how I wouldn't like it.
Anyways, no vex. I ain't insulting anyone who liked or got the game, I was just saying.

Enjoy o!
I hope to meet you one day as an opponent on a wild gun blazing multi player death match grin

I will combine the skills of Rdr2 revolvers and the futuristic thermal scope snipers to teach you some lessons. tongue
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by LucemFerre: 6:39am On Oct 30, 2018
EMEKA1MILLION:
I hope to meet you one day as an opponent on a wild gun blazing multi player death match grin

I will combine the skills of Rdr2 revolvers and the futuristic thermal scope snipers to teach you some lessons. tongue

No provoke me o. I will do Yahoo yahoo, get a PS4 buy the game come online and give you the good ol'

Down down left back B B up back A A RT X Y X X back back up X cool
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by MeshachMARTINS(m): 10:09am On Oct 30, 2018
LucemFerre:

No provoke me o. I will do Yahoo yahoo, get a PS4 buy the game come online and give you the good ol'

Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by Samsonh2: 12:08pm On Oct 30, 2018
RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2: FUNNY MEMES COMPILATION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Xf3v09Q90
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by Josyrogers(m): 7:13am On Oct 31, 2018
I was riding back to camp after a mission. I passed a man trying to clean his horse's foot/shoes, and the horse just kicked him to death!

1 Like

Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 12:22am On Nov 01, 2018
LucemFerre:

hehe! Anytime you come, use this my user id to add me on psn... The scores will be squared!
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 Ps4 Thread by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 12:23am On Nov 01, 2018
Josyrogers:
I was riding back to camp after a mission. I passed a man trying to clean his horse's foot/shoes, and the horse just kicked him to death!
the game is crazy I tell you.. Have you been able to kill that giant alligator? It ate me twice! angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop / Stop The Discrimination: Every Console Gamers Should Read This / Free Diablo III Beta Keys Giveaways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.